Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,412 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1588) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10438143 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1585) (1586) (1587) (1588) (1589) (1590) (1591) ... (19109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:56pm On Nov 27, 2015
CFCfan:
How about an all-star EPL 11.My line up will be as follows:

-------------------Cech-----------------

G. Neville----Terry----Bruce-----A. Cole

-------------Makalele--------------

---------Lampard----Vieira----------

---Duff-----Henry-----Robben--------

Subs:
Van Der Sar
Carvalho
Vidic
Gerrard
Drogba
Beckham
Roy Keane

Steve Bruce can never make even EPL 7th 11. Someone who could not even win a single England cap.

From Man Utd alone, Ronny Johnsen, Vidic, Ferdinand and Jaap Stam are greater than him, talkless of the famous Arsenal back four of the 1990s and early 2000s, The Chelsea back four of the mid-2000s or niggas like Sol Campbell, Ledley King, Sammi Hyppia, Lucas Radebe etc

Tony Adams must make the 11. His centre-back partner would be any of Vidic, Stam, Ferdinand, Terry or Campbell depending on your preference.

My team:

---------------Schmeichel

-------Adams----Vidic------Stam

----------Vieira-------Scholes

----------------Lampard

Ronaldo-----------------------Giggs

----------Shearer------Henry

Subs:

Cech
Neville
Cole
Keane
Pires
Bergkamp
Van Nistelrooy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:57pm On Nov 27, 2015
Falcao, Djibidjibilobodji suppose start for the Chelsea Flops FC.

Kezman too.

And then we can support them from the stands by chanting Greenday's boulevards of broken dreams.

And please make sure Bolathouz keeps that number 9 shirt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:59pm On Nov 27, 2015
Ibime:

Steve Bruce can never make even EPL 7th 11. Someone who could not even win a single England cap.

From Man Utd alone, Ronny Johnsen, Vidic, Ferdinand and Jaap Stam are greater than him, talkless of the famous Arsenal back four of the 1990s and early 2000s, The Chelsea back four of the mid-2000s or niggas like Sol Campbell, Ledley King, Sammi Hyppia, Lucas Radebe etc

Tony Adams must make the 11. His centre-back partner would be any of Vidic, Stam, Ferdinand, Terry or Campbell depending on your preference.

My team:

Schmeichel

. Adams Vidic Stam

. Vieira Scholes

. Lampard
. Ronaldo Giggs

. Shearer Henry

Subs:

Cech
Neville
Cole
Keane
Pires
Bergkamp
Van Nistelrooy

Gerrard over Scholes for me. I don't want Blind overrated ginger Albinos in my team. And he couldn't tackle too
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:01pm On Nov 27, 2015
Nihilist:

Gerrard over Scholes for me. I don't want Blind overrated ginger Albinos in my team. And he couldn't tackle too

Keane and Makelele first before you even get to Gerrard. I would probably add Alonso, Essien and Ballack if they stayed in EPL longer.

I'm pissed not having space in my team for Keane, na Gerrard I go come add?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 27, 2015
Ibime:

My team:

----------------Lampard

Subs:

Cech
Neville
Cole
Keane
Pires
Bergkamp
Van Nistelrooy

Wow!! This team can win back-to-back UCL titles with the right coaching and tactics. Strength in every position. I totally forgot about Van Nistelrooy and Bergkamp.
My opinion of Steve Bruce was based on a Man Utd documentary I watched a few years ago. He was described as 'reliable' cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 8:06pm On Nov 27, 2015
Nihilist:

Kezman too.

And then we can support them from the stands by chanting Greenday's boulevards of broken dreams.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2015
My all-time Champions League 11 would look like this:

-------------------Neuer----------------------

---Maicon----Nesta---Vidic------Lahm-----

-----------------Makalele--------------------

------Xavi----Xabi Alonso---Iniesta---Ronaldo---

----------------Messi------------------
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2015
Ibime:

Keane and Makelele first before you even get to Gerrard. I would probably add Alonso, Essien and Ballack if they stayed in EPL longer.

I'm pissed not having space in my team for Keane, na Gerrard I go come add?

Keane will only make my team for inspirational reasons. Technique limited. Scoring ability limited.

Gerrard is Keane + Skills.

Xabi Alonso is Makelele + Skills.

Neither Kean nor Claude will make my team

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:26pm On Nov 27, 2015
Nihilist:

Keane will only make my team for inspirational reasons. Technique limited. Scoring ability limited.

Gerrard is Keane + Skills.

Xabi Alonso is Makelele + Skills.

Neither Kean nor Claude will make my team

Leave that thing. Na age dey talk here. The Keane you remember is the old man in the 2000s.

Go watch Utd vs Inter is UCL quarter final 1999 and Utd vs Juventus in semi-final 99 to know what Keane is about. This is when Italian teams were ruling Europe. See the way Keane destroyed Juve midfield in Turin to win 3-2. This is when Juve were the most fearsome team in Europe.

Niggas were saying they not sure what Keane brings - that's because he is 8/10 in everything, not 10/10 in any particular thing. The ninja so dominated Premiership then, opposition couldn't breathe. It took for Keane to suffer a long-term knee injury in 2000 for Arsenal to win the league, then ninjas started saying they now see his influence in his absence.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If na skills, Gerrard is a non starter when compared to Scholes. I mean controlling possession, not running and shooting.

Maka deserves a shout having defined his position in EPL lexicon.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PietroRico(m): 8:27pm On Nov 27, 2015
Nihilist:

Kezman too.

that name cracks me up every fúcking time cheesy grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:31pm On Nov 27, 2015
Gerrard built a career of carrying Liverpool on his Back.

Istanbul 2005. The FA CuP final against West Ham the next year. So many examples of Gerrard dragging Liverpool by the scruff of the neck.

And Gerrard is better than Scholes Abeg. If he wasn't too sentimental, he could have gone to Manyoo and been Scholes. Or he could have come to us.

Remember this guy caused Scholes to retire from England before the age of 30.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:46pm On Nov 27, 2015
Nihilist:
Gerrard built a career of carrying Liverpool on his Back.

Istanbul 2005. The FA CuP final against West Ham the next year. So many examples of Gerrard dragging Liverpool by the scruff of the neck.

And Gerrard is better than Scholes Abeg. If he wasn't too sentimental, he could have gone to Manyoo and been Scholes. Or he could have come to us.

Remember this guy caused Scholes to retire from England before the age of 30.

All that one na Roy of the Rovers storylines. For example, Benayoun dominated Gerrard to shege in that 2006 FA Cup final, against West Ham of all people, before Gerrard had to dig out his long range shots after being pissed on in midfield all game. It looks all good digging out last minute shots, but I prefer ninjas who dominate the midfield and win cleanly, rather than telling us story how you dug out a struggling team.

As for Roy Keane, I no dey take am play after that Juventus game.

Juve were undoubtably the best team in Europe then, dominating Serie A (the best league by far), boasting players like Nedved, Davids, Inzaghi, Deschamps, Del Piero and Zidane to boot.

They won UCL in 96, and were finalists in 1997 and 1998. So when Manure drew them in 1999 semi, I was busy celebrating.

They came to Old Trafford and took a 1-1 draw, everybody said they would smash Manure in Turin. . . . until Keane put in this performance to take a 3-2 win. From then on, I no dey carry Keane play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2RVQx8J2Sk

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 8:46pm On Nov 27, 2015
As soon as i saw lacer's suggestion on making chelsea's flop list, boularouz was the first name that came to my mine, chai! And Ibime no even waste time there. That guy is a real flop. I remember chelsea vs barca at the bridge where he stiffle ronaldinho, i thought he was reliable, then against spurs at white heart lane, chai chai... Robie keane(i think) use that chop kpomo, come table the pass give lennon.. SMH. United topped the table from there and we never recovered.

Felipe luiz and del horno are flops. Even hilario. But the chief flops are caudrado and falcao, abeg!!

Ibime, i think it should be Iva over Azpi. You guys are judging Iva based on his recent form. This is a ninja that used to be the best right back in Egland in his heydays. He offers a lot - attacking and defending, scoring all kinds of goals. He can also play as a RB or CB. He was a massive player. But Azpi only does his defensive duties brilliantly, nothing more.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:03pm On Nov 27, 2015
Ibime:

All that one na Roy of the Rovers storylines. For example, Benayoun dominated Gerrard to shege in that 2006 FA Cup final, against West Ham of all people, before Gerrard had to dig out his long range shots after being pissed on in midfield all game. It looks all good digging out last minute shots, but I prefer ninjas who dominate the midfield and win cleanly, rather than telling us story how you dug out a struggling team.

As for Roy Keane, I no dey take am play after that Juventus game.

Juve were undoubtably the best team in Europe then, dominating Serie A (the best league by far), boasting players like Nedved, Davids, Inzaghi, Deschamps, Del Piero and Zidane to boot.

They won UCL in 96, and were finalists in 1997 and 1998. So when Manure drew them in 1999 semi, I was busy celebrating.

They came to Old Trafford and took a 1-1 draw, everybody said they would smash Manure in Turin. . . . until Keane put in this performance to take a 3-2 win. From then on, I no dey carry Keane play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2RVQx8J2Sk

Nobody argues that Keane was inflential....

But Gerrard shits on him talentwise

Gerrard was just as influential + more skills

If he had gone to Manyoo when Ferguson wanted him, do you think we would be here debating his greatness?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 9:05pm On Nov 27, 2015
Emaprince:
As soon as i saw lacer's suggestion on making chelsea's flop list, boularouz was the first name that came to my mine, chai! And Ibime no even waste time there. That guy is a real flop. I remember chelsea vs barca at the bridge where he stiffle ronaldinho, i thought he was reliable, then against spurs at white heart lane, chai chai... Robie keane(i think) use that chop kpomo, come table the pass give lennon.. SMH. United topped the table from there and we never recovered.

Felipe luiz and del horno are flops. Even hilario. But the chief flops are caudrado and falcao, abeg!!

Ibime, i think it should be Iva over Azpi. You guys are judging Iva based on his recent form. This is a ninja that used to be the best right back in Egland in his heydays. He offers a lot - attacking and defending, scoring all kinds of goals. He can also play as a RB or CB. He was a massive player. But Azpi only does his defensive duties brilliantly, nothing more.

Oh Boulahrouz!

I phucking saw that game and I can't believe Khalid was actually defending there.

Dude was dancing to the beats of Dre cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:19pm On Nov 27, 2015
airmark:
Mikel's chelsea's best XI. Strong team but i am not comfortable with ferreira as RB cheesy cheesy cheesy
You don't know Ferreira then in his active days.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Odunharry(m): 9:49pm On Nov 27, 2015
CFCfan:
How about an all-star EPL 11.My line up will be as follows:

-------------------Cech-----------------

G. Neville----Terry----Bruce-----A. Cole

-------------Makalele--------------

---------Lampard----Vieira----------

---Duff-----Henry-----Robben--------

Subs:
Van Der Sar
Carvalho
Vidic
Gerrard
Drogba
Beckham
Roy Keane
Gary Neville don spoil that list...

no Ronaldo?

For me

----------------------vds ---------------------------

Azpi------------Igbo -----------Vidic---------------Evra

Ororo ------Keane-----scholes-------------Giggs

Nistelrooy -------Henry

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:01pm On Nov 27, 2015
Some people really rate Gerrard high maybe if you only watch highlight

In Central midfield alone, I rate Makelele, Keane, Schole, Lampard, Ballack, Viera, Alonso even Giberto over Gerrard

Ask yourself, whats Gerrards best position, How many seasons did he play in his favourite position and what were his achievement playing that favourite role

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 10:03pm On Nov 27, 2015
Ferrera was a reliable right back for us back then until injury sets in..

And Ibime at one time mentioned Sami Hyppia ? lol Ok was good but not reliable, just like Pique with the Height nothing more ..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:05pm On Nov 27, 2015
EPL best 11

-----------------Schmeichel
---Ivanovic---Vidic---Carvalho---Cole
-----------------Makelele
---------Scholes---------Lampard
--Ronaldo-------Shearer--------Henry

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Odunharry(m): 10:06pm On Nov 27, 2015
Ibime:

My team:

----------------Lampard

Subs:

Cech
Neville
Cole
Keane
Pires
Bergkamp
Van Nistelrooy

nice team
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhelake: 10:10pm On Nov 27, 2015
I cant find Maniche in that flop list, though he was on loan..... he flopped real bad
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhelake: 10:18pm On Nov 27, 2015
Alex Teixeira Anyone??
Teixeira, 25, is one of a number of players being targeted by Chelsea as they look to salvage their faltering season.
The Brazilian has been in scintillating form for Shakhtar this campaign, scoring a remarkable 23 goals in 23 games in all competitions.
‘I’m glad to have received the proposal of Chelsea as they are a big club in Europe, but my manager will sort that.
‘It’s my dream, I have spoken to many people who have the desire to play in the Premier League, because I think it’s the best World Championship, most competitive.

‘For January, I believe it is very difficult because it is in the middle of the championship. Shakhtar has said they will not release me in January, only at the end of the season. But I’m with a clear head.’
Teixeira also revealed his desire to work with Chelsea’s under-fire boss Jose Mourinho, and his wish to see the Portuguese retain his current position.
‘I hope he does not leave Chelsea now. I want to work with him and have great success at his side.

Same way Douglas Costa was toasting us this time last year
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Odunharry(m): 10:44pm On Nov 27, 2015
Dhelake:
Alex Teixeira Anyone?? Same way Douglas Costa was toasting us this time last year
this season alone in he is better than all attackers in Europe..

Any team who get him now is certain he will surely improve them
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 10:56pm On Nov 27, 2015
raumdeuter:
EPL best 11
-----------------Schmeichel ---Ivanovic---Vidic---Carvalho---Cole -----------------Makelele ---------Scholes---------Lampard --Ronaldo-------Shearer--------Henry
u and ivanovic tho undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 11:18pm On Nov 27, 2015
Dhelake:
Alex Teixeira Anyone?? Same way Douglas Costa was toasting us this time last year

Na that Douglas own pain me pass , as in like I wan madddddd angry , na bayam dey enjoy the guy now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 11:27pm On Nov 27, 2015
Chestar5:

you think Ivanovic doesnt deserve to be there? Maybe you just started watching him this season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:52pm On Nov 27, 2015
hensben:
You don't know Ferreira then in his active days.

I know him both in porto and chelsea. He was too weak for us, he was just there and very popular on the bench. He played better when he was in porto than in chelsea, that's a fact. He was to chelsea, what arbeloa was to real. He was weak to survive in epl, hence geremi benched him easily. I will even rate belletti or bosingwa over him at their peaks.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 12:08am On Nov 28, 2015
Emaprince:
you think Ivanovic doesnt deserve to be there? Maybe you just started watching him this season.

what did i say to make u tink so

I started watching iva ryt frm when he debuted, i will neva forget our 1st leg in d champions league game against liverpool he scored a brace in dat game....

I had anoda reason for wat i told dayo not dat he doesnt deserve been epl best...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:46am On Nov 28, 2015
Chestar5:

Ivanovic is a good right back
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:33am On Nov 28, 2015
Dhelake:

Another winger.

Emenalo will sign 100 wingers looking for solution.

Myopia means having a narrow focus and having a blind spot. That word was invented for Emenalo.

This ninja must have been so terrorised by wingers in his days as a left back, he is suffering from post traumatic stress.

Consequently the importance of wingers is disproportionately overblown in his mind.

When Traore and Kennedy get sent on loan or sold to accomodate this new winger, make una no come blame anybody 2 years down the line.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 2:44am On Nov 28, 2015
Courtois, my nigga!!. cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1585) (1586) (1587) (1588) (1589) (1590) (1591) ... (19109) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Leyqute(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.