Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,081 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1590) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10501362 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1587) (1588) (1589) (1590) (1591) (1592) (1593) ... (19147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 28, 2015
Bimffo:

Please back the bolded with facts and screenshots and stop all your megedefege talks. Mata the best Midfielder in the world? Who is that High on Cracks
Oya nor vex. I made a mistake on dat one. I don modify am. I meant Fabregas.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 28, 2015
BarcaBlood:

Chai! U gat beef 4 d guy before? shocked

But really some Chelsea fans got short memories. Mata used 2 be one of their finest only few seasons ago
Lool! Most of these Chelsea fans are the worst bunch of soccer fans i've ever seen. Its actually shocking
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 2:22pm On Nov 28, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Lool! Most of these Chelsea fans are the worst bunch of soccer fans i've ever seen. Its actually shocking

Because Your Mata is not included in Chelsea's all time team, We are the worst bunch of soccer fans You've ever seen.

Mata is a good player, Not one extraordinary player abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 2:32pm On Nov 28, 2015
I'm surprised how people rubbish Mata here.

2012 we won the UCL. Chelsea's Player of the year (an award the players themselves voted): Juan Mata. His goals/assists 8/17

2013 we won the EL. Chelsea's Player of the year: Juan Mata. His goals/assists 19/35

Is it a coincidence that he won our player of the year consecutively in those years we won European titles?

Ibime and Co only remember Mata for his missed penalty again Bayern but forgot that he assisted Drogba's equaliser. You guys forgot that he equally assisted Torres opening goal vs Benfica in EL final and assisted Ivanovic's winner in that same match.

Stats, they say, don't lie. I don't see how a player who has 3 assists in 2 back to back European final is 'just a passenger' in the team.

If not for Mourinho's defensive philosophy, Juan Mata would still be in Chelsea now racking up assists here.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 28, 2015
I'm reading comments on how mata is been devalued and I honestly just shake my head for Chelsea Fans. They are same online and offline, it's like they all have a gathering where they discuss and disgrace themselves.

Ucl finals between Madrid and Atletico Madrid, Ronaldo disappeared. It was all about di Maria and ramos. Would you call Ronaldo a passer by in the ucl? It's a pity when people who believe they know footie talk like neophytes.

Mata was Chelsea's best player for two consecutive years with loads of goals and assists. I wonder how he got the award if his impact wasn't useful. Some people already talked about how he assisted in most important occasions but as usual, he is shiit.

I think I know what their problem is

It's Mou. If Mou likes a player, they all like him
If he doesn't like a player then they are with him

They need their heads to be rechecked.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dadehmola: 3:01pm On Nov 28, 2015
Nihilist...From now on, bow down to Scholes and recite these Eulogies everyday (1st thing in the morning)!

Jose Mourinho: “Why isn’t he playing for England? It is crazy. Only in England. Scholes is a great, great player. So experienced and still, for me, one of the best in the world in midfield. Manchester United are lucky to have him.”

Pep Guardiola: “Out of everyone at Manchester United, I would pick out Scholes – he is the best midfielder of his generation. I would have loved to have played alongside him.”

Marcello Lippi: Paul Scholes would have been one of my first choices for putting together a great team. That goes to show how highly I have always rated him. An all-round midfielder who possesses quality and character in abundance.”

Socrates: “Good enough to play for Brazil. I love to watch Scholes, to see him pass, the boy with the red hair and the red shirt.”

Pele: “If he was playing with me, I would score so many more.”

Zinedine Zidane: “There is no doubt for me that Paul Scholes is still in a class of his own. He’s almost untouchable in what he does. I never tire of watching him play. You rarely come across the complete footballer, but Scholes is as close to it as you can get. One of my regrets is that the opportunity to play alongside him never presented itself during my career.”

Luis Figo: “I’m star-struck when I see Paul Scholes because you never see him. On the pitch you can’t catch him. Off the pitch he disappears.”

Ronaldinho: “I want to pass like him. Who taught him how to do that?”

Xavi Hernandez: “In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen — the most complete — is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything. He can play the final pass, he can score, he is strong, he never gets knocked off the ball and he doesn’t give possession away. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more.”
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 3:07pm On Nov 28, 2015
ollah1:
I'm reading comments on how mata is been devalued and I honestly just shake my head for Chelsea Fans. They are same online and offline, it's like they all have a gathering where they discuss and disgrace themselves
grin grin grin grin
When you see statement like Gerrard is equal to Scholes + skills, wetin again you need to confirm say cataract dey more deadly than optometrists really think?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:14pm On Nov 28, 2015
Dadehmola:
Nihilist...From now on, bow down to Scholes and recite these Eulogies everyday (1st thing in the morning)!

Jose Mourinho: “Why isn’t he playing for England? It is crazy. Only in England. Scholes is a great, great player. So experienced and still, for me, one of the best in the world in midfield. Manchester United are lucky to have him.”

Pep Guardiola: “Out of everyone at Manchester United, I would pick out Scholes – he is the best midfielder of his generation. I would have loved to have played alongside him.”

Marcello Lippi: Paul Scholes would have been one of my first choices for putting together a great team. That goes to show how highly I have always rated him. An all-round midfielder who possesses quality and character in abundance.”

Socrates: “Good enough to play for Brazil. I love to watch Scholes, to see him pass, the boy with the red hair and the red shirt.”

Pele: “If he was playing with me, I would score so many more.”

Zinedine Zidane: “There is no doubt for me that Paul Scholes is still in a class of his own. He’s almost untouchable in what he does. I never tire of watching him play. You rarely come across the complete footballer, but Scholes is as close to it as you can get. One of my regrets is that the opportunity to play alongside him never presented itself during my career.”

Luis Figo: “I’m star-struck when I see Paul Scholes because you never see him. On the pitch you can’t catch him. Off the pitch he disappears.”

Ronaldinho: “I want to pass like him. Who taught him how to do that?”

Xavi Hernandez: “In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen — the most complete — is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything. He can play the final pass, he can score, he is strong, he never gets knocked off the ball and he doesn’t give possession away. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more.”

Who cares what a bunch of ex-pros have to say about him after he retired? Why wasn't he recognised in his heydays?

Gerrard and Lampard came to meet him in England squad and chased him away from his natural position to the left wing and forced him to retire before the age of 30.

im too sure Gerrard would have chased him away to the wing at Manyoo if Ferguson was successful in his pursuit of him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dadehmola: 3:38pm On Nov 28, 2015
Nihilist:

Who cares what a bunch of ex-pros have to say about him after he retired? Why wasn't he recognised in his heydays ?

We have trashed out this issue on numerous ocassions..

Again..

Thierry Henry:

“I can’t understand why Scholes has never won the player of the year award. He should have won it long ago. Maybe it’s because he doesn’t seek the limelight like some of the other stars.”

Arsene Wenger:

: He did not get completely what he deserves as a player because he’s not a media lion. He’s not one who runs after the media to be in the papers. I respect that.”

Nihilist:

Gerrard and Lampard came to meet him in England squad and chased him away from his natural position to the left wing and forced him to retire before the age of 30.

That's because Sven Goran Erickson is a clueless whimp..

No be the same coach carry 17 year old Walcott (who hadn't played a single EPL match in his life) go 2006 worldcup??

Subsequent Managers tried to talk the Midfield Generalismo out of retirement..all to no avail.

Nihilist:

im too sure Gerrard would have chased him away to the wing at Manyoo if Ferguson was successful in his pursuit of him.

Paul Scholes was the best Midfielder in the world at that time. If the aforementioned players came to Man Utd, na The likes of fletcher & Anderson dem for dey compete with! grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:02pm On Nov 28, 2015
Dadehmola:

We have trashed out this issue on numerous ocassions..

Again..

That's because Sven Goran Erickson is a clueless whimp..

No be the same coach carry 17 year old Walcott go 2006 worldcup??

Paul Scholes was the best Midfielder on the world at that time. If the aforementioned players came to Man Utd, na The likes of fletcher & Anderson dem for dey compete with! grin

Ex-Pro opinions count for nothing

Gerrard scored more, assisted more and was recognised more on an individual level.
Gerrard was voted 3rd best player in the world behind Dinho that year...

Abegi....

Indeed this excerpt from an article explains it all. On an individual honours evel, Gerrard has more than double Scholes despite playing for a vastly inferior team team for the duration of his career. Champagne no be tombo abeg...

Look back at articles about him being world class. They are generally written a decade after his peak. Check who won votes in the Ballon Dor and PFA player of the year awards. Fellow pros have nice quotes about him, but he wasn’t rated that highly in his pomp.

Scholes seems to be the beneficiary of four forces. First, players who have a run of form late in their careers get a positive re-write on when they were at their peak.

Second, projection of what many people view as the “right” way to play football back to when Scholes actually played his football. Because you could imagine him being mates with Xavi (quiet, small, enjoy passing the ball around), it stands to reason that peak Scholes was good enough for Barcelona – the bestest team in the universe ever.

Third, the assumption that he was under used by England. If only he had been played more, used better, then they would have won the world cup. Fourth, the “stands out in a crowd” theorem. Redheaded (and for that matter blonde or otherwise distinctive looking) players stand out more and are more easily recollected, typically receiving greater acclaim than their more forgettable peers (Malcolm Gladwell wrote about this in Outliers). Pirlo and his beard, Gullit and his dreadlocks – different eras and both overrated. Mario Ballotelli has made a career out of this principle.

And he seems like a nasty piece of work. Am I the only one who hears that tiresome tale of him booting the ball in to a team mate’s head from distance and doesn’t think “what technique” but “what a tosser.”

So can the revisionism please cease. He didn’t play for England more because Gerrard and Lampard were far superior players. He didn’t win individual awards because Keane, Giggs and Beckham were all even more superior. He wasn’t England’s lost genius footballer…we’ve had one of them in the 40 years I have been watching and he didn’t play for United.

Paul Scholes. Slightly better than Nicky Butt. But couldn’t tackle and seems like a w*nker.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 4:27pm On Nov 28, 2015
weedtaker:
yes, it was all about drogba cause he took the corner kick himself. Clap 4 urself.
So he dissapeared against every big team that year?? Scoring against united na wetin? Man of the match against liverpool in de F.a cup? Scoring and assisting against arsenal? Scoring nd assisting against spurs? Assisting twice in the crucial tie against valencia? Scoring ur only away goal against napoli? Assisting drogba's goal against bayern? Oboi no need to stretch dis stuff further, lets just agree to disagree.

When I say big games I meant UCL.....
Despite his nonsense scoring,we were never in the league race by December during his time as a first team player, when he was benched we were top of the league on February 1 and won the league the following season.......

Its clear as crystal that Mata was a big burden.....

very simple

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Danhumprey: 4:29pm On Nov 28, 2015
Nihilist:

Gerrard scored more, assisted more and was recognised more on an individual level.

Abegi....

Indeed this excerpt from an article explains it all. On an individual honours evel, Gerrard has more than double Scholes despite playing for a vastly inferior team team for the duration of his career. Champagne no be tombo abeg...

question is,who wrote this article? a blogger? sport writer? an ex football pro? or an anonymous nonentity? undecided

it is baffling how you of all people prefer to take the opinion of people who probably never kicked a ball in their entire life to that of ex-pros and current/active footballers and coaches. smh.

i bet even gerrard would disagree with you on this.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dadehmola: 4:31pm On Nov 28, 2015
Nihilist:

But we should count on the opinions of a piss-sodden journo who wrote that keane & Beckham were better players??

Issokay...

Nihilist:

*In coogar's voice* have you sorted out the goals/assists via setplays?? wink

The last time I checked, Scholes was never UTD's chief set piece taker.

Nihilist:

Gerrard won the award based on his performance in The UCL final..

If anything, His leadership qualities and ("ginger" he gave his team mates ) were more effective than his technical abilities on the night.

If AC Milan weren't foolish enough to cede a 3-goal lead in a final, Gerrard for No smell that award.

Ginger wey prevent am from winning an EPL medal all these years grin

Nihilist:

Abegi....

That's because Gerrad was a media boy

"Captain Fantastic strikes again" (despite being piss-poor in that FA cup final vs Westham)

"Gerrard and his wards coast to victory in the mersyside derby" (against the likes of Tony Hibbert, Jelavic etc)

We all know how Brits wànk to Headlines like these (from English Tabloids).

No be the same Gerrard prevent Liverpool from winning the EPL 2 seasons ago??

Abeggi!!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 4:35pm On Nov 28, 2015
Joe Cole and Hazard over Mata as far as Chelsea is concerned........
Quote me when United win the league with a burden like Mata
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 4:35pm On Nov 28, 2015
Since Scummies love our weak players.........You don't get an Oscar for less than €50m,at least he kicked Mata's butt out of the team........

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:37pm On Nov 28, 2015
Danhumprey:
question is,who wrote this article? a blogger? sport writer? an ex football pro? or an anonymous nonentity? undecided

it is baffling how you of all people prefer to take the opinion of people who probably never kicked a ball in their entire life to that of ex-pros and current/active footballers and coaches. smh.

i bet even gerrard would disagree with you on this.

You should have read very clearly where I stated:
On an individual honours evel, Gerrard has more than double Scholes despite playing for a vastly inferior team team for the duration of his career.

Or was it an anonymous blogger that voted Gerrard the 3rd best player in the world in 2005? Was it someone who 'never kicked a ball in his entire life' that moved Scholes permanently to the left wing so that Gerrard could play central midfield?

PFA Team of the year is voted for by fellow players. I'm sure they have kicked the ball at least once in their entire lives. Maybe you should ask them why they've voted Gerrard into their teams a whopping 8 times compared to Scholes's 1

I doubt that Gerrard would disagree with me on this. If Gerrard had played for a big club, this argument would not even be happening...

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by weedtaker: 4:47pm On Nov 28, 2015
Mourinholic:

When I say big games I meant UCL.....
Despite his nonsense scoring,we were never in the league race by December during his time as a first team player, when he was benched we were top of the league on February 1 and won the league the following season.......

Its clear as crystal that Mata was a big burden.....

very simple
okay.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:53pm On Nov 28, 2015
timbros:
I'm surprised how people rubbish Mata here.

2012 we won the UCL. Chelsea's Player of the year (an award the players themselves voted): Juan Mata. His goals/assists 8/17

2013 we won the EL. Chelsea's Player of the year: Juan Mata. His goals/assists 19/35

Is it a coincidence that he won our player of the year consecutively in those years we won European titles?

Ibime and Co only remember Mata for his missed penalty again Bayern but forgot that he assisted Drogba's equaliser. You guys forgot that he equally assisted Torres opening goal vs Benfica in EL final and assisted Ivanovic's winner in that same match.

Stats, they say, don't lie. I don't see how a player who has 3 assists in 2 back to back European final is 'just a passenger' in the team.

If not for Mourinho's defensive philosophy, Juan Mata would still be in Chelsea now racking up assists here.

Leave all those corner kick assists. We carried Mata through UCL and everyone knows it.

If Jose wasnt here, Mata would be racking assists and finishing 4th after being bullied in midfield all game. We got rid of Mata and immediately competed for title, then won it the next year. No complaints.

Mata make Chelsea all time 11? Only if I was born yesterday. He cant make my 3rd 11!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Odunharry(m): 4:55pm On Nov 28, 2015
oh lawd..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Mourinholic(m): 4:57pm On Nov 28, 2015
Ander Herrera and Montolivo named hazard as their top 3......
I hope he is seeing all these and realise how rated he is....Just get back to form,You don't have to score 30 .....

Just be Hazard
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 4:58pm On Nov 28, 2015
Mourinholic:
Since Scummies love our weak players.........You don't get an Oscar for less than €50m,at least he kicked Mata's butt out of the team........
You have been lapping up our sloppy seconds for years
Veronica and fatcao ?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 5:02pm On Nov 28, 2015
Ibime:

Leave all those corner kick assists. We carried Mata through UCL and everyone knows it.

If Jose wasnt here, Mata would be racking assists and finishing 4th after being bullied in midfield all game. We got rid of Mata and immediately competed for title, then won it the next year. No complaints.

Mata make Chelsea all time 11? Only if I was born yesterday. He cant make my 3rd 11!

And we had Mata when we won the Holy grail. Plus Europa the next season.

Not only that we had him, but he contributed immensely in those finals. 3 assists in 2 finals na beans?

We won't be downplaying those assists if it were Hazard who made them. #Fact
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 5:04pm On Nov 28, 2015
Mourinholic:
Joe Cole and Hazard over Mata as far as Chelsea is concerned........

Quote me when United win the league with a burden like Mata

Joe Cole over Juan Mata? shocked

Chai..... Na wao
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:09pm On Nov 28, 2015
timbros:

And we carried him through those.

Salomon Kalou had bigger influence than Mata in the UCL run. That is a FACT!

How can a nigga whose major claim to importance at Chelsea is the UCL try to grab a place in all time 11 when he was the worst of all Chelsea players in that UCL run.

Euro final against Benfica, Matic and Gaitan absolutely murdered him. Nigga was non existant. You will tell me that a hoofed clearance he made that fell kindly for Torres was an assist. You might as well tell me Ashley Cole assisted Torres at Camp Nou.

Thag nigga was out of here against Benfica. The worst player on the pitch by far. A 12 year old playing with men and his performance stunk to high heavens.

Mata ko, Matthias ni!

Abeg enuff revisionism. We no carry eye watch match?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:12pm On Nov 28, 2015
timbros:

Not only that we had him, but he contributed immensely in those finals. 3 assists in 2 finals na beans?

We won't be downplaying those assists if it were Hazard who made them. #Fact

I gave up on Ibime's matter a long time ago.

Mata a 10 with supreme vison was doing the business for us. Ibime said he was a passenger.
Oscar isn't as talented as Mata but at least he tracks back. Ibime said he is visionless

When you ask who the 'visionful' 10 is that also tracks back and makes goalline clearances, Ibime will tell you that he does not believe in 10 and 4-3-3 is the way. Ibime's ultimate midfield players are Ballack, Lampard, and Jack Cork.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:12pm On Nov 28, 2015
timbros:

Joe Cole over Juan Mata? shocked

Chai..... Na wao

Joe Cole contributed immensely to 2006 and 2010 titles. For months he even carried that 2006 team.

Tell us what Mata has contributed apart from being a passenger when men were playing football?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:22pm On Nov 28, 2015
Nihilist

WHat is Gerrards best position

Which season did he play this position

And what did Liverpool win when Gerrard was playing his best position
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Odunharry(m): 5:26pm On Nov 28, 2015
cool Neymar
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:30pm On Nov 28, 2015
Debruyne goal and assist But someone better than ROnaldo is allergic to those. His only work is to dribble
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:31pm On Nov 28, 2015
When you talk of Chelsea 2012 UCL win, these are the major players in order of importance from the quarter final against Napoli to the final against Bayern

Drogba
Cech
Ramires
Lampard
Mikel
Bosingwa
Luiz
Cahill
Meireles
Cole
Kalou
Torres
Mata
Terry

Na wetin some boys want take argue Mata place in the pantheon of Chelsea greats. SMH.

Who go argue with those facts.

Matas major contribution to Chelsea was FA Cup 2012. We cannot compare him to players that have been important players in winning titles and UCLs.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:35pm On Nov 28, 2015
raumdeuter:
Nihilist

WHat is Gerrards best position

Which season did he play this position

And what did Liverpool win when Gerrard was playing his best position

Gerrard had no real 'position' for Liverpool. He was thier talisman so he roved all over the pitch. He has lined up on both flanks, as a supporting striker, central midfield, defensive midfield...even left back.

Asking what Gerrard won in comparison to Scholes is irrelevant. Scholes played for the most dominant team in the history of the EPL, Gerrard played mostly with average-joes and wastemen.

The question you need to ask is why Gerrard has far more individual honours than Scholes despite playing for a rubbish team.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:37pm On Nov 28, 2015
Aguero is injured again...

Dude must be fighting generational curses...

(1) (2) (3) ... (1587) (1588) (1589) (1590) (1591) (1592) (1593) ... (19147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.