Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1887) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10451241 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1884) (1885) (1886) (1887) (1888) (1889) (1890) ... (19125) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 10:25am On Mar 23, 2016
nonsoroyalty:
the ingrate always looks for ways to mention names on baseless arguments, i mean whats my business with terry and boateng? I rather stick to the old never boring cr7 vs messi
Hypocrisy is his surname.

He didn't remember they didn't play in the same league or even the same country. But when it comes to Neymar vs Hazard we keep hearing the stale and silly excuse about both of them not playing in the same league. Nonsense!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by erusen: 10:26am On Mar 23, 2016
dmcdad:

Honestly. I wanted to react to the post by erusen but decided to let it fly.

The argument is not my business but come on, Messi would do that to anyone. And for sinizia who said Terry shut Messi all the time they played against eachother, you should know the entire team shut Messi and not Terry.

Tell me who will go round a spiolt train (10 men in 2 lines) without being tripped by someone or without someone dispossessing you?

j
This is not to discredit Terry as he was great IMO but using such as a yardstick isn't fair.
okay let's not use that,but terry nor be boateng mate na.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 10:30am On Mar 23, 2016
sinizia:
For those of you asking me where hype and overrated are sold, I come bearing bad news. Reports reaching me have it that Terry the Patron Saint of Hype and Overrated Suppliers, has given an immediate order to CIA, British Intelligence, MI5, NYPD, SARS, DSS and FBI to lock up No. 2 Pound Road, Aba and 53 Iweka Road, Onitsha, where hype and overrated are sold legally. The instruction is for the remaining 50 Hype and Overrated to be given to Boateng so he can finally join the likes of Terry that have passed the nomination stage. Terry is really sorry for the dashed dreams and inconvenience this might have caused to the likes of Níhilist looking for 6-packs. grin grin
Which kind talk be this one na?

Besides, no be only Nihilist dey find six pack ooooo. I dey find 8 packs to help this my gulder belle.cheesy

Abeg to avoid stories that touch, smuggle one come out for me jare.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sinizia: 10:33am On Mar 23, 2016
dmcdad:

And for sinizia who said Terry shut Messi all the time they played against eachother, you should know the entire team shut Messi and not Terry.

This is what happens when you allow sentiment to blind you from fully grasping what someone posted coz maybe it doesn't favour Messi. Na wa for you o. Read carefully what I wrote before you lie against me. I'm not too dumb to think one man can mark Messi excellently without help. Here's what I wrote. . .
sinizia:

Na him o. The same jonky wey Messi take sweep floor for Camp Nou. Na em dey insult Terry with. Terry who's among the Shekpe defence that shut out Messi for many years from scoring against Cech till Cech went to be managed by the Prof of Failure (Wenger). No mind Dayo, his brand of weed is from Kuvuki Land.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 10:35am On Mar 23, 2016
erusen:
okay let's not use that,but terry nor be boateng mate na.
Una no dey tire for all these arguments? Na so them say Iniesta no dey productive. Say Lampard better pass am because him get better stats, but the same people no gree say Lampard better pass Xavi and Zidane even though him get far better stats than both too.

All these kind arguments no dey make person know anything worthwhile. But as for the comparison, Terry over Boateng na. Make person see truth talk am.

Terry of that year coupled with Carvalho. Mehn those guys... Them dey use all parts of their body dey chop shots; belle oooo, head ooooo, everywhere. I respect those guys mehn...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sinizia: 10:35am On Mar 23, 2016
dmcdad:

Which kind talk be this one na?

Besides, no be only Nihilist dey find six pack ooooo. I dey find 8 packs to help this my gulder belle.cheesy

Abeg to avoid stories that touch, smuggle one come out for me jare.

I can't help you out on this one. Too late.

We've started a movement on Twitter:

#Operation Bring Back Boateng's Share Of Hype and Overrated. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by erusen: 10:41am On Mar 23, 2016
dmcdad:

Una no dey tire for all these arguments? Na so them say Iniesta no dey productive. Say Lampard better pass am because him get better stats, but the same people no gree say Lampard better pass Xavi and Zidane even though him get far better stats than both too.

All these kind arguments no dey make person know anything worthwhile. But as for the comparison, Terry over Boateng na. Make person see truth talk am.

Terry of that year coupled with Carvalho. Mehn those guys... Them dey use all parts of their body dey chop shots; belle oooo, head ooooo, everywhere. I respect those guys mehn...
actually that was my first post on the lame terry-boateng argument,that iniesta-lampard even blind man go vex for that kind thing, the terry-calvaho defensive pairing is one the greatest in football history
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 10:45am On Mar 23, 2016
sinizia:

This is what happens when you allow sentiment to blind you from fully grasping what someone posted coz maybe it doesn't favour Messi. Na wa for you o. Read carefully what I wrote before you lie against me. I'm not too dumb to think one man can mark Messi excellently without help. Here's what I wrote. . .
Bro you mean I was sentimental because it was Messi? I guess you didn't open your eyes to read properly then.

For the records, I'm a realist. If it favours Messi, fine and if not, fine. Nothing you and I or anybody will say that will change Messi or anyone's status, either good or bad.

The same post of yours you quoted, if we were to go with that, that would not be fair. I said the entire team defended against Messi and not just Terry. You made it seem like Terry was the catalyst. Boateng was in the world cup final and was among those who helped shut out Messi. So?

My point is, you read my post outta contest. If anything, you picking out Terry in your comment wasn't fair on Messi. The same way you highlighted Terry's involvement is the same way someone else will highlight Boateng's involvement in the world cup which doesn't help the argument.

As for the argument itself, Terry over Boateng for life. Terry is one of the defenders I respect and will always do. Just that in a bid to make your point some of you blow things outta proportion.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 10:48am On Mar 23, 2016
erusen:
actually that was my first post on the lame terry-boateng argument,that iniesta-lampard even blind man go vex for that kind thing, the terry-calvaho defensive pairing is one the greatest in football history
The problem is that most of these EPL guys in a bid to argue with points blow things way outta proportion. And also make ridiculous claims too.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 10:49am On Mar 23, 2016
sinizia:

I can't help you out on this one. Too late.

We've started a movement on Twitter:

#Operation Bring Back Boateng's Share Of Hype and Overrated. grin
I dey talk about how to get my own you dey talk about Boateng. Wetin concern me and that one na? All man for himself ooooo
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by erusen: 10:53am On Mar 23, 2016
dmcdad:

The problem is that most of these EPL guys in a bid to argue with points blow things way outta proportion. And also make ridiculous claims too.
the thing,there are too emotional over nothing
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sinizia: 11:22am On Mar 23, 2016
dmcdad:

Bro you mean I was sentimental because it was Messi? I guess you didn't open your eyes to read properly then.

For the records, I'm a realist. If it favours Messi, fine and if not, fine. Nothing you and I or anybody will say that will change Messi or anyone's status, either good or bad.

The same post of yours you quoted, if we were to go with that, that would not be fair. I said the entire team defended against Messi and not just Terry. You made it seem like Terry was the catalyst. Boateng was in the world cup final and was among those who helped shut out Messi. So?

My point is, you read my post outta contest. If anything, you picking out Terry in your comment wasn't fair on Messi. The same way you highlighted Terry's involvement is the same way someone else will highlight Boateng's involvement in the world cup which doesn't help the argument.

As for the argument itself, Terry over Boateng for life. Terry is one of the defenders I respect and will always do. Just that in a bid to make your point some of you blow things outta proportion.

Apologies if my post came out too mean or harsh. That wasn't my intention.

Of course the entire team defended against Barca not even just Messi. The reason I picked Terry AMONGST others is coz he's among the subject of discourse, not coz he alone stopped Messi. Players like Essien, Makele, A. Cole, Carvalho, Ramirez, Ivanovic, Gallas, Lampard, Ballack, etc., have helped in defending against Messi/Barca over the years. I can't list them all coz it'd be tiring. I didn't make seem Terry is the catalyst, I only mentioned that he was AMONG those shut Messi out. No particular player is the catalyst there. It's a collective effort.

Plus I'm not tryna to say Boateng didn't play his part in those wins. I'm not tryna say Boateng is mediocre. I even agreed he's among the top CBs presently, my only issue is saying he's better than Terry coz Terry didn't win the WC or beasted it. That's all.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sebod(m): 11:36am On Mar 23, 2016
sinizia:

The first time I encountered this dumb Boateng-over-Terry comparison, I never used Messi-Boateng dribble to base my judgment. I can't coz I can't even count the number of defenders Messi has disgraced. I also didn't bring it up yesterday, I only concurred. My issue is not that Boateng is wack. I know when to drop rivalry and acknowledge a good player. Boateng is definitely among the top CBs presently. If Man Utd would get him without paying over the tops, I'll be happy. Smalling needs a good partnership like him. My angst is insulting Terry and our collective intelligence by rating Boateng over Terry. He didn't even use defenders like Ramos, Nesta, Cannavaro, etc., it's Boateng. WTF is Boateng to be better than Terry coz he won the WC/beasted a WC final? You know a reason is beyond myopic when "beasting" a WC final is the ONLY criteria to rate a player over the other.

Boateng beasted and won a WC final, but who in his senses will rate him above Maldini that won and beasted none?

Rivaldo beasted and won a WC final. Even Rivaldo will slap anyone that rates him over Ferenc Puskas. It's a taboo to try such in football.

Goetze is the man of the match in a WC final, Villa was among the backbone of Spain's WC victory, can any sane human rate them above the LEGENDARY EUSEBIO? They are not even in his level!! Fúck the WC!!

Just to win an argument, someone's line of reasoning is making Boateng better than Maldini. If this kind of madness is allowed to fester on this section, one day someone will rate Eto'o over Ronaldo of Brazil. undecided
You have said it all and I must give it to you.
As per the emboldened, guys dey wey go argue am sir grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sebod(m): 11:41am On Mar 23, 2016
dmcdad:

The argument is not my business but come on, Messi would do that to anyone. And for sinizia who said Terry shut Messi all the time they played against eachother, you should know the entire team shut Messi and not Terry.

Tell me who will go round a spiolt train (10 men in 2 lines) without being tripped by someone or without someone dispossessing you?

This is not to discredit Terry as he was great IMO but using such as a yardstick isn't fair.
Messi na bad guy. Na Ramos and co fit explain better. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sinizia: 11:46am On Mar 23, 2016
sebod:
You have said it all and I must give it to you. As per the emboldened, guys dey wey go argue am sir grin
I know the guys that will argue it - Barca guys. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sebod(m): 11:52am On Mar 23, 2016
sinizia:

I know the guys that will argue it - Barca guys. grin
Lailai, they both played for Barca mind you, Barca guys would never argue that even though he later played for our eternal enemy.
But, don't forget that Eto played for Chelsea and there are some Chelsea fans that will argue anything that relates to Chelsea not minding how stupid the comparison may be. That's when someone will say De Lima wouldn't have made it in Epl grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 12:11pm On Mar 23, 2016
sebod:

Ramos suffer for Messi and Ronaldinho hand ooooo.shocked

Ronaldinho wan kill am when him dey Barça. Him come go Milan again go continue from when him stop. Ramos don suffer for this life ooooo.cheesy

I no even need talk Messi own sef. Na die be that one.cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 12:13pm On Mar 23, 2016
sinizia:

Apologies if my post came out too mean or harsh. That wasn't my intention.

Of course the entire team defended against Barca not even just Messi. The reason I picked Terry AMONGST others is coz he's among the subject of discourse, not coz he alone stopped Messi. Players like Essien, Makele, A. Cole, Carvalho, Ramirez, Ivanovic, Gallas, Lampard, Ballack, etc., have helped in defending against Messi/Barca over the years. I can't list them all coz it'd be tiring. I didn't make seem Terry is the catalyst, I only mentioned that he was AMONG those shut Messi out. No particular player is the catalyst there. It's a collective effort.

Plus I'm not tryna to say Boateng didn't play his part in those wins. I'm not tryna say Boateng is mediocre. I even agreed he's among the top CBs presently, my only issue is saying he's better than Terry coz Terry didn't win the WC or beasted it. That's all.
Apologies if I did misquote you though.

Terry-Calvaho paring, one of the best I have seen.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 12:24pm On Mar 23, 2016
sebod:

Terry is a great overall. Far greater than Boateng. However, Terry's performances against Barca is less than convincing. About 70% of our goals conceded by Chelsea have been Terry's fault.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 23, 2016
why is it that this useless thread is always the venue, for baseless comparision and arguments?

1) inesta is unproductive

2) modric has no vision

3) silly neymar-hazard

4) emmanalo vs woodward grin

5) boateng vs terry

6) mourinho vs wenger (handwork of spy360)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sebod(m): 12:34pm On Mar 23, 2016
Debroslink:

Terry is a great overall. Far greater than Boateng. However, Terry's performances against Barca is less than convincing. About 70% of our goals conceded by Chelsea have been Terry's fault.

Don't use the performance of a player against Barca to measure his ability bro. Casillas never had a great outing against Barca with Messi on the pitch..... grin you know the rest...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sebod(m): 12:36pm On Mar 23, 2016
grin grin grin
dmcdad:

Ramos suffer for Messi and Ronaldinho hand ooooo.shocked

Ronaldinho wan kill am when him dey Barça. Him come go Milan again go continue from when him stop. Ramos don suffer for this life ooooo.cheesy

I no even need talk Messi own sef. Na die be that one.cheesy
And that does not stop him from being a good defender
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 12:49pm On Mar 23, 2016
sebod:
grin grin grin And that does not stop him from being a good defender
Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 12:53pm On Mar 23, 2016
sebod:

Lailai, they both played for Barca mind you, Barca guys would never argue that even though he later played for our eternal enemy.
But, don't forget that Eto played for Chelsea and there are some Chelsea fans that will argue anything that relates to Chelsea not minding how stupid the comparison may be. That's when someone will say De Lima wouldn't have made it in Epl grin
Meanwhile Thierry Henry made it in EPL.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 1:17pm On Mar 23, 2016
Debroslink:

70%? They have come again. How about the ones he won, like that last minute header which ended 4-2. Btw, may I know his 70% fault against barca? Aside getting red card which can happen to any player.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:46pm On Mar 23, 2016
After several hours no one can still show a John terry performance in a world cup or cl final that can match that of Boateng

Terry that's the beautiful bride of Andrew Ayew.

Better to be disgraced by messi than by ayew

I repeat BoaTANK is the player Terry wished he was

World cup and CL winner by 26 dishing out outstanding performances in both games
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 2:16pm On Mar 23, 2016
But but ... Ayew never dribbled Terry na!! What is wrong with dayo sef? Terry was only trying to block the shot which is what any sensible defender should have done.

Boatank own be say... Person move shoulder, na so boatank turn around come fall like tree.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 23, 2016
dmcdad:

Oga Messi can do it to anyone and everyone. But not anyone would fall like dat.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 23, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
true that, of all the messi vids I've watched am still suprised boateng fell that way, maybe airmark can explain better.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 3:07pm On Mar 23, 2016
AdeLaNa1:
Bro honestly I would blame that on his frame. His mind reacted well in order to follow Messi up, but his body failed him. Messi was too fast and hence he too, but then his frame wouldn't allow such flexibility that would enable someone like him respond aptly in the shortest time possible.

I just wouldn't blame it on his defending. It was just unfortunate I would say. I have watched that for the umpteenth time but couldn't understand why he fell like 'oruka' was used on him.cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 23, 2016
dmcdad:

Bro honestly I would blame that on his frame. His mind reacted well in order to follow Messi up, but his body failed him. Messi was too fast and hence he too, but then his frame wouldn't allow such flexibility that would enable someone like him respond aptly in the shortest time possible.

I just wouldn't blame it on his defending. It was just unfortunate I would say. I have watched that for the umpteenth time but couldn't understand why he fell like 'oruka' was used on him.cheesy

nonsoroyalty:
true that, of all the messi vids I've watched am still suprised boateng fell that way, maybe airmark can explain better.
Mehn. Boateng fell faster than the walls of Jericho. I have watched and rewatched the video many times. He and Messi didn't even struggle for the ball. Messi just dropped his shoulders. And less than half a second later, Boateng was on the floor like he was under the influence of the holy spirit. Unreal!!

Not even defenders like Shawcross and Jagielka would ve fallen like dat.

Terry over Boateng anyday....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 3:25pm On Mar 23, 2016
hensben:
70%? They have come again. How about the ones he won, like that last minute header which ended 4-2. Btw, may I know his 70% fault against barca? Aside getting red card which can happen to any player.

Terry is a legend no doubt. But don't lemme open his ass here in his matches against my team.

Take it as gospel when I say 70% of the goals barca scored against Chelsea where Terry featured were clearly his fault.

Terry scored against Barca... Hallelujah....

KANU Nwankwo did same too, so ki ni big deal?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1884) (1885) (1886) (1887) (1888) (1889) (1890) ... (19125) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: andrewbaba44, airmark(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.