Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1907) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10436819 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1904) (1905) (1906) (1907) (1908) (1909) (1910) ... (19109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:28pm On Apr 07, 2016
Desperate times call for desperate measures like bringing ranker.com or is it w@nker.com

A site that rates Zlatan over Suarez, Schweinsteiger over Lahm, Ronaldinho over David Silva, Van Persie over Modric, Kaka over Benzema and Busquets, Klose over Alaba

So these are the type of junks people read before coming to post here.

No wonder I made a conscious decision not to quote everyone and Discriminate by intelligence. People would say they want to debate Raumdeter they end up disgracing themselves 5 mins later.

It even gets worse Imagine Falcao over Vidal and Roberto Carlos that long retired over Higuain and Griezmann

Imagine a rating of current footballers and Griezman is #95, Higuain #93 but Gotze is #25 and Ronaldinho #27

Ikebe super magazine and better lover would have made better reference

I take God beg you. Never refer to such trash site again when intelligent people are discussing football

So Griffon, A site that rates current footballers and put Griezmann at 95, Higuain at #93 but Ronaldinho at 27, Gerrard at #41 and Kaka @ #44 is your reference? Are you akpororo by any chance? what year are we? 2006?

I'm surprised Muda Lawal and Paolo Rossi didnt make their top 10 of current footballers

Have you found out the error in your epistle of a few days ago. a Factual error

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:31pm On Apr 07, 2016
Nihilist:

It's quite interesting that even on FM2016, Camacho always seems to refuse to sign a new contract.

For 10m, I dont see why we shouldnt be going for him though. He has more tackles and interceptions than Sergio Busquets in their league this season, and should most likely represent an upgrade on Mikel

My only problem with him is his passing. . . .it's just not good enough for Chelsea.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 1:08pm On Apr 07, 2016
Ibime:

My only problem with him is his passing. . . .it's just not good enough for Chelsea.

Yeah I noticed his passing stats arent too good as well...but I'm assuming that Malaga must play a very direct game cos his long ball average is a bit on the high side
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 2:06pm On Apr 07, 2016
Chai so Meek just took another L

DeGeneres asked Minaj if she's "ready to get engaged," to which she answered, "You know, I don't know. We're still figuring each other out. And in fact, I don't even want to say that I'm in a relationship anymore, because I think when people hear that, they go to like the mean place and try to like—not you, though. You're super. I love you to death." DeGeneres prodded her to "talk about it in a kind place," but the rapper wouldn't budge. "I would rather not. You know, I used to be secretive. You guys asked me about that before on my pre-interview," Minaj said. "I used to say, 'I'm not in a relationship,' even though I was in a 12-year relationship [with Safaree Samuels]...Now I feel like just going back to that and saying, 'You know what? I'm single."

grin grin grin

Chesus
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 3:01pm On Apr 07, 2016
raumdeuter:
Desperate times call for desperate measures like bringing ranker.com or is it w@nker.com

A site that rates Zlatan over Suarez, Schweinsteiger over Lahm, Ronaldinho over David Silva, Van Persie over Modric, Kaka over Benzema and Busquets, Klose over Alaba

So these are the type of junks people read before coming to post here.

No wonder I made a conscious decision not to quote everyone and Discriminate by intelligence. People would say they want to debate Raumdeter they end up disgracing themselves 5 mins later.

It even gets worse Imagine Falcao over Vidal and Roberto Carlos that long retired over Higuain and Griezmann

Imagine a rating of current footballers and Griezman is #95, Higuain #93 but Gotze is #25 and Ronaldinho #27

Ikebe super magazine and better lover would have made better reference

I take God beg you. Never refer to such trash site again when intelligent people are discussing football

So Griffon, A site that rates current footballers and put Griezmann at 95, Higuain at #93 but Ronaldinho at 27, Gerrard at #41 and Kaka @ #44 is your reference? Are you akpororo by any chance? what year are we? 2006?

I'm surprised Muda Lawal and Paolo Rossi didnt make their top 10 of current footballers

Have you found out the error in your epistle of a few days ago. a Factual error

Hehehe

Chill, ain't taking into note those rankings. What matters is whose name made the list. Unfortunately, I cant find the Canhaloglu, Bellarabi, Draxler, Gustavo, Naldo, Huntelaar, Sane, Goretzka GeisBender, Bernd Leno et al on there.

Safe to say the top players in Bundesliga are only at Bayern with one or two plying their trade at Dortmund?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 3:11pm On Apr 07, 2016
"Chelsea have made the right choice if they want to win back the Premier League. I think, under Antonio Conte, it's a guarantee. He is one of the most meticulous managers in the world - but also a fighter.

Chelsea have made a great decision. To be honest, when we were together I didn't think he would become a manager.

But when he did start his new career - even if he had endured some difficult times - you could see he was going to be successful.

He always had a great determination. He always had a willingness to make it to the top - and that shows in his incredible rise.

So, I think in his future, there will be a Champions League victory. And I hope for him it's with Chelsea." - Fabrizio Ravanelli

"He is a great coach, has done so well in Italy, he has some very good qualities, strong character and is the man who can start a new cycle (of success) for Chelsea so I hope things go well for him.

He has very strong ideas, very determined and is very disciplined. He will bring all these qualities to Chelsea and hopefully he will be able to integrate into the culture.

He has already coached in Italy, all these things, the language, they can influence the results, but he will bring self discipline and determination, as well as tactical awareness and all these things can be good for Chelsea.

Conte is one of those managers like Guardiola, like Simeone, like Mourinho. They have got the careers to manage big teams. The results will tell us whether it is right or not but I really hope so.

I can talk about my experience and it was important for me to go there and not just doing what I used to do in Italy but adapting to the culture and this helped me to blend with the others, to work with the players better and gave me an extra advantage.

I believe Antonio will be very much the same. He will have to bring his own ideas but obviously understand the environment and get into it as quickly as he can.

It’s very much down to the person. You have to get into the language, the culture of the people. It can be very quick, it depends on you. But he’s a very intelligent person so I’m sure it will be very quick and I think he will have the support of a great club and this is very, very important.

I don’t know what exactly Mourinho did and what Antonio will do. Discipline is a very important quality and it’s important that the players recognise this and they behave properly because when you are in a group you have to maintain rules in order to have the right environment.

Antonio knows this very well, he’s been coaching a top club like Juventus for a while and in a way it is similar to Chelsea and I’m sure he’ll find a way to answer the question.” - Gianfranco Zola

"Most modern managers are a bit more placid and more calm around the players, but it doesn’t do any harm to have a temper on you as a manager.

The players can be a bit precious nowadays, but I think they just have to get on with it.

The Chelsea players owe the club a decent season next year. The fact they’re stuck mid-table this term is not correct. They were champions last season and they should certainly be much more competitive than they are.

And I think with Conte going in there next year, if he does crack the whip the players have just got to respond.” - Steve Clarke

"The man can be a beast, a dressing room when he is angry is one of the most dangerous places you can be.

I have been in his dressing room at half-time when we have been winning, but he comes in and will be throwing full bottles of water around because of a mistake we made, or because he feels we should be further ahead.

When Conte speaks, his words assault you. They crash through the doors of your mind, often quite violently and settle deep within you.” - Andrea Pirlo

“Conte is a big coach and very tough worker. The training sessions are intense and the Chelsea players who do not work hard will not play. It’s as simple as that. That is Conte’s character.

He always works closely with players, talks to them, coaches them, is the boss of the dressing room but he will treats players with respect and the players respect him.” - Andrea Ranocchia

Very interesting opinions of ex-pro's and current players and all of them speak of his will to win, his discipline and the way he coaches the players. I like the fact that Steve Clarke has called some players "precious" because it seems that some of them are!

You look around the Chelsea squad now and we are at a crossroads. We've taken the last decade for granted relying on the likes of John Terry, Frank Lampard, Petr Cech and Didier Drogba to ensure people toe the line. We've relied on them in games to pick people up, to drag them through a bad performances to deliver success on a regular basis. They are people that in my opinion did half the managers work for him when it came to discipline within the squad.

Now? I just do not see any of it being honest and that's a remarkable admission. After such a wonderful season last year, breaking the record for being top of the league for the most amount of days for it to go so drastically wrong indicates to me player power causing a divide between them and the Manager and we all know who pays the consequences!

If anything in my view, the appointment of Antonio Conte, with the endorsements we have read above and most importantly of all what Conte demands of his players with discipline being much the focus, it's an admission from Roman Abramovich that there MUST be someone strong enough to get inside that dressing room to sort out the issues and begin to rebuild. Someone who will not take any nonsense from anyone because if they do give him issues, it seems that they will not be around long enough to cause a bigger problem.

The aim for next season simply has to be to get back into the top four as the minimum in order to qualify for the Champions League. If Conte can sort us out with the right moves in the transfer market and develop a system that works for everyone then I believe we have an excellent chance to do it. We can purely focus on the Premier League whereas our main rivals will have European competition to contend with.

Source: ChelseaDaft.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 07, 2016
dmcdad:

And England too dropped.

Matter wey people don't forget, some pple still cary am put for head
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:29pm On Apr 07, 2016
You cant find Draxler Gustavo, Canhaloglu Bellarabi Leno Goretzka etc All who played UEFA competitions this season. Draxler and Gustavi who were excellent vs Madrid less than 24hrs ago in the CL quarters

Names that made the list you can find Roberto Carlos(Who retired from National team a decade ago), You can find Ronaldinho, You can find Falcao who hasnt kicked a ball in almost a season, You can find Kaka Gerrard Drogba lampard, David Villa, Miro Klose,

you can find Raul who last played in Europe 4yrs ago and is currently retired among the current best players in the world , You can find Etoo you can find Diego Forlan.

All these players are long retired from their National Team due to age

The person who compiled that list I can authoritatively say has had no contact with football since 2010 or probably gets his football stories from Kardashians

Still wonder why they think your analysis are a joke? ranker.com. Let me just use this medium to say Ranker-day-day to you

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 5:18pm On Apr 07, 2016
dmcdad:

And England too dropped.

Exactly.

Because of the 'friendly' loss to Netherlands.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 5:26pm On Apr 07, 2016
raumdeuter don craze finish walai. ...lol
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 5:55pm On Apr 07, 2016
ollah1:

Matter wey people don't forget, some pple still cary am put for head
cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 6:02pm On Apr 07, 2016
timbros:
raumdeuter don craze finish walai. ...lol
E be like say Dayo don go into comedy full-time be that ooooo.cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 6:07pm On Apr 07, 2016
dmcdad:

E be like say Dayo don go into comedy full-time be that ooooo.cheesy

I don confirm say all this him weed talk no be play. The guy dey blow weed wella.

That Ranker-Day-Day part got me rolling on the floor with laughter...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 6:18pm On Apr 07, 2016
timbros:

I don confirm say all this him weed talk no be play. The guy dey blow weed wella.

cheesy That part got me laughing out loud like I was crazy. Damn! cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:33pm On Apr 07, 2016
timbros:

dmcdad:
cheesy That part got me laughing out loud like I was crazy. Damn! cheesy

By bros see me see trouble. Na jejely I siddon someone by force wan argue football come dey bring rankerdayday.com as evidence?

Is that not comedy on its own?

Dem say current best player and they have there a list of retired or pension earning footballers

its like asking who is the current best nigerian footballer and someone say Kanu Nwankwo. Na that kain website you come get liver carry come public to support yaself?

Current best 100 player list. Roberto Carlos, Raul, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Etoo, Forlan, Kaka, Gerrard, Drogba, lampard, David Villa, Miro Klose Just think am

You would believe we were thrown back in time to 2006

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:38pm On Apr 07, 2016
It's possible that that list is an old one and Griffon didn't confirm before pasting it. I tried accessing the link but it's not opening.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:07pm On Apr 07, 2016
JT's team of the season.

He also named Mahrez and Kane as his Player of the Season and Young Player of the Season respectively.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 8:28pm On Apr 07, 2016
Muki and her fellow Gunners must really be kicking themselves. They won't get a better chance to win the league.

Bar 2 or so changes, JT's team would pretty much be identical to the PFA's team of season. Imagine a season where Huth and Wes Morgan(the only Morgan most of us knew before this season was Freeman) have both suddenly become the second coming of Thiago Silva and Diego Godin. Na wa o.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 9:01pm On Apr 07, 2016
raumdeuter:

By bros see me see trouble. Na jejely I siddon someone by force wan argue football come dey bring rankerdayday.com as evidence?

Is that not comedy on its own?

Dem say current best player and they have there a list of retired or pension earning footballers

its like asking who is the current best nigerian footballer and someone say Kanu Nwankwo. Na that kain website you come get liver carry come public to support yaself?

Current best 100 player list. Roberto Carlos, Raul, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Etoo, Forlan, Kaka, Gerrard, Drogba, lampard, David Villa, Miro Klose Just think am

You would believe we were thrown back in time to 2006
Walai, this thing na comedy to me.cheesy

If really them get such names for the list of their current best 100 players then I no know wetin to talk again.cheesy

Which people go come dey the list of past or retired players? cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 9:04pm On Apr 07, 2016
chic2pimp:
Muki and her fellow Gunners must really be kicking themselves. They won't get a better chance to win the league.

Bar 2 or so changes, JT's team would pretty much be identical to the PFA's team of season. Imagine a season where Huth and Wes Morgan (the only Morgan most of us knew before this season was Freeman) have both suddenly become the second coming of Thiago Silva and Diego Godin. Na wa o.
cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 9:16pm On Apr 07, 2016
raumdeuter:

The criteria for being a defender in Nigeria from youth: You are big, You are dark, you are wicked, you have no skill to play other position, But you are so wicked they must always select you else you would beat everyone up. You can boot the ball very far away

I remember in secondary school one guy like that in defence he even had tribal marks and would tell you say he know say he cant make a career out of football because of tribal marks but he would ensure you dont have a football career as well. In every game he would break at least 2 legs you would see people crying and limping home. (Ahh Ibrahim... E no go better for you ooo). I just learnt to avoid him and stay in offside position where he would forget me. After I score from that offside position na to run away from the field because he would still come and beat you for scoring

DayoKanu wherever you are tonight, May Sango strike you o grin
dmcdad:

cheesycheesycheesy

No be true?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 9:28pm On Apr 07, 2016
Just saw this grin : Giles smith:
On the topic of which, someone was pointing out the other day that since Liverpool last won the league, Peter Schmeichel has won it five times and produced a son who has grown up to become a goalkeeper and who is now on the verge of winning it himself. Incredible how time goes by
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:10pm On Apr 07, 2016
chic2pimp:

Bar 2 or so changes, JT's team would pretty much be identical to the PFA's team of season. Imagine a season where Huth and Wes Morgan(the only Morgan most of us knew before this season was Freeman) have both suddenly become the second coming of Thiago Silva and Diego Godin. Na wa o.

Imagine Huth and Morgan best defenders in a league. Not even Nigerian league is that useless. Both players wont get shirts at Nasarawa United

Huth and Morgan have played several years and even their families have given up on their footballing career
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:19pm On Apr 07, 2016
chic2pimp:
DayoKanu wherever you are tonight, May Sango strike you o grin

No be true?

E possible make e be say na you be the Ibrahim Okola
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 3:13am On Apr 08, 2016
chic2pimp:

you don forget Man Utd's Morgan Schneiderlin ?
una wan forget us by force. cry
the philosophy class will soon be over.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 10:42am On Apr 08, 2016
raumdeuter:
You cant find Draxler Gustavo, Canhaloglu Bellarabi Leno Goretzka etc All who played UEFA competitions this season. Draxler and Gustavi who were excellent vs Madrid less than 24hrs ago in the CL quarters

Names that made the list you can find Roberto Carlos(Who retired from National team a decade ago), You can find Ronaldinho, You can find Falcao who hasnt kicked a ball in almost a season, You can find Kaka Gerrard Drogba lampard, David Villa, Miro Klose,

you can find Raul who last played in Europe 4yrs ago and is currently retired among the current best players in the world , You can find Etoo you can find Diego Forlan.

All these players are long retired from their National Team due to age

The person who compiled that list I can authoritatively say has had no contact with football since 2010 or probably gets his football stories from Kardashians

Still wonder why they think your analysis are a joke? ranker.com. Let me just use this medium to say Ranker-day-day to you

Don't be ridiculous I provided that link hoping it was a current compilation as the title says not knowing na vintage stuff.

But then, I will give more credit to the chap who made this compilation. He clearly understand what it takes to be a top player, something you have been trying so hard to point out to me for the past 48hrs.

Bellarabi who isn't even considered good enough for the second eleven of Germany is a top player? An unproven Draxler is a top player? Leno, Canhaloglu and Goretzka? Are these football players or are you casting a horror movie?

Fella honestly if this isn't the gaffe of the highest order, i wonder then what could be.

Collective achievements, personal honors, consistent good performance, market value etc places a player amongst the elites, not some phucking instagram likes or bundesliga heroics.

Im enjoying the comic relief you are delivering and I see some people are already appreciating your works, guess it's about time you gave basketmouth and AY a run for their cash cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 11:35am On Apr 08, 2016
Spurs a far better team than Liverpool in Paper were destroyed by Dortmund..... Klopp got Liverpool a draw at Dortmund........ That Tactics for you

No be the same Klopp don improve Sakhi,Can and Co??

Ramdueter,next time you are lucky enough to get schooled by me.... Bring along a jotter

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Upnepaa(m): 12:45pm On Apr 08, 2016
chelsea should go for draxler, an ungraded version for uncommitted and inconsistent hazard,

his team are not qualifying for next season's UCL as well
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:14pm On Apr 08, 2016
You brought out a link HOPING, Really? you didnt even check you just brought out a link HOPING

So if the list had Hulk Hogan, Ramsey Nouah and Atiku Abubakar sef?

That kind of behaviour is anti-intellectual

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 2:27pm On Apr 08, 2016
raumdeuter:
You brought out a link HOPING, Really? you didnt even check you just brought out a link HOPING

So if the list had Hulk Hogan, Ramsey Nouah and Atiku Abubakar sef?

That kind of behaviour is anti-intellectual

Roflmaoooo.....

Dk u be humanbeing so
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:45pm On Apr 08, 2016
bigkesh:
Spurs a far better team than Liverpool in Paper were destroyed by Dortmund..... Klopp got Liverpool a draw at Dortmund........ That Tactics for you

Ramdueter,next time you are lucky enough to get schooled by me.... Bring along a jotter

I told you tactics improve a team as well as player quality. It can only cover up the cracks for a while eventually the weakness would show

The same Sakho now would get to next game and perform woefully thats because as good as tactics are they are no substitute for natural ability which most EPL players lack
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by GBR1(m): 5:50pm On Apr 08, 2016
bigkesh:

The Spurs team that faced Dortmund was basically a B team. Though i feel Dortmund are a stronger team and would have gone through regardless but the scorelines would have been different had Spurs not rested so many first team players on the occasion. You can't expect Dayo to be reasonable though when it involves an Epl team vs one from Germany.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1904) (1905) (1906) (1907) (1908) (1909) (1910) ... (19109) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: StarchAndBanga and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.