Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2719) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10452830 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2716) (2717) (2718) (2719) (2720) (2721) (2722) ... (19125) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 1:50pm On Mar 25, 2017
Na wa o. Football don turn Maths and Stats for here. grin
Yesterday na Elimination & Substitution method.

Today na correlation Coefficient.

Tomorrow? ANOVA? f-test? bayes theorem??

Anyways, Ibime are/were u a stat major?? And which kind of correlation coefficient u dey use for ur analysis up there??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:57pm On Mar 25, 2017
Nihilist:

This is why I told you to calm down instead of jumping up and down like a madman with fire ant in his pant. Just look at all the calculation you made there and in the end it brought you to a conclusion that Nihilist made how many hours ago?

Look at this fool. You just wrote that having been backed into a corner. After 4 months of arguing about the relationship between tackling and defensive stability.

Even this morning, you were talking of analysing the percentiles. You did not know that the percentiles is directly linked to the correlation? You cannot be in vastly different percentiles for two different things and have strong correlation between them.

Nihilist:

Actually, there are 43 who have made more than 15 apps this season.

VVD and Azpi are in the top 4. Thats top 10 Percentile

Luiz is in the top 13. That's top 30 Percentile

So Mr Mugu, which is it? Are you denying the correlation or the percentiles?

This is the problem with people with loud mouth and poor education.

Of the 5 CBs I mentioned:

Toby Aldeweireld, top defender in the Prem for goals conceded while he was on the pitch, and 47% of centrebacks tackle more than him.

David Luiz, top 2% of defenders in the Prem for Goals conceded while he was on the pitch, 70% of centrebacks tackle more than him.

Ditto Verthongen etc etc etc

. . . . while the opposite is the case for Azpi and VDV.

PROOF that tackling is a style of play and is not correlated to defensively stability.

Mr "I did not know we were talking about correlation". You should go and return your fathers school fees, loud mouth and empty skull.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:08pm On Mar 25, 2017
Lana1:
Na wa o. Football don turn Maths and Stats for here. grin

Anyways, Ibime are/were u a stat major?? And which kind of correlation coefficient u dey use for ur analysis up there??

Sometimes you have to break coconut head with figures when yarn done too much. cheesy

Na Spearmans Rank in excel. Maths with Econs.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 2:18pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ibime:

Look at this fool. You just wrote that having been backed into a corner. After 4 months of arguing about the relationship between tackling and defensive stability.

Let me remind you

Nihilist:

My friend don't try and obfuscate matters. Nobody said that if you make the most tackles, you are the best centreback.
Shebi 2 of the players you mentioned as the top 4 CBs in EPL are in the top 4 of that list. VVD is Number 2.

Just sit down and keep this L company. You've lost again.

That was at 9am this morning. I don't need to be an an accantant to know that you cannot find a correlation between an individual defender's tackles and the number of goals his team concedes.

Because cleansheet is a function of the whole team, not an individual defender. The only player on the pitch whose individual actions directly correlate with clean sheet is the goalkeeper, which is why they only count clean sheet as a stat for keepers and not anybody else.

So I found it hilarious that you were calculating clean sheet ratios for defenders. I can imagine you sat at your dining table, typing furiously and swearing under your breath "I am going to show nihilist today"

Lol. Olodo

Basically all you wanted to do what's show you know how to count and you managed to prove that. The problem is that you still don't know WHAT to count.

You are an accantant that knows the price of everything and the cost of nothing . Hold this L bro.

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 2:20pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ibime:

Sometimes you have to break coconut head with figures when yarn done too much. cheesy

Na Spearmans Rank in excel. Maths with Econs

Exactly wetin I talk.

Mr I know Maths, but can't read simple English. grin

You are the height of Ls, the peak, the Zenith. L-umelu

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 2:47pm On Mar 25, 2017
Nihilist:

That was at 9am this morning. I don't need to be an an accantant to know that you cannot find a correlation between an individual defender's tackles and the number of goals his team concedes.

Because cleansheet is a function of the whole team, not an individual defender. The only player on the pitch whose individual actions directly correlate with clean sheet is the goalkeeper, which is why they only count clean sheet as a stat for keepers and not anybody else.

Sorry, this is why I gave you aggregate no of tackles for the whole team vs goals conceded which did not show correlation between a teams aggregate tackles and the no of goals it concedes.

So if the teams total tackles and the players individual tackles show little correlation to goals conceded, how exactly is counting the number of tackles an indication of the players effectiveness? On both counts, your argument fails.

So in other words, stop your foolish counting of tackles which you have been arguing about for over 4 months. I could dig up your numerous posts just in the last 24 hours, never mind 4 months which would torpedo your churlish attempts to backtrack now, but I no get time.

All I will say in summary is it is important to be able to tackle when you need to to save your team which is often only once every game or couple of games, but it is not important to count number of tackles. Counting number of tackles is simply paying homage to a STYLE OF PLAY which I have been consistent about, and which the data analysis backs up.

Nihilist:

Basically all you wanted to do what's show you know how to count and you managed to prove that.

Please leave small yarns for small boys. Pesin wey done climb Everest no fit dey form effizy for Kilimanjaro work. That is a one minute job, it is the going back and forth with you that is the waste of time.

The conclusion of the matter is that we have scientific proof of little correlation between no of tackles and clean sheets.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 2:57pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ibime:

Sorry, this is why I gave you aggregate no of tackles for the whole team vs goals conceded which did not show correlation between a teams aggregate tackles and the no of goals it concedes.

So if the teams total tackles and the players individual tackles show little correlation to goals conceded, how exactly is counting the number of tackles an indication of the players effectiveness? On both counts, your argument fails.

John Bull, My son I sent you to school you don't know how to spell your name.

Or even read apparently.

Nobody said tackle's prove an indication of a player's effectiveness. All i said was that tackles are in important tool in the skill set of a defender.

This was my original post as at last night

Nihilist:

Tackling is a very important tool in the skill set of any half decent defensive player. You cannot be a defender or defensive midfielder and not know how to tackle. I mean just look at what's happening over there where the manager doesn't coach tackles. .
Simple statement, and you started solving sine and cosine.

Like I said earlier, your problem is that you want to show that you know maths. I put it to you that if you run the same calculation for individual interceptions, individual blocks, and individual clearances, you will not see any direct correlation to cleansheets, which is why no statistical authority counts clean sheets for outfield players...but you're too dumb to recognise that. grin

That's why I did not indulge you on your fools errand. No be today nyash dey back.

You want another L or the ones you don swallow don belleful you? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:14pm On Mar 25, 2017
Nihilist:

Nobody said tackle's prove an indication of a player's effectiveness. All i said was that tackles are in important tool in the skill set of a defender.

The most important thing in an exercise is that truth is brought to light and peoples behaviour changes whether they admit it or not.

Nihilist 3 months ago - "No of tackles is a very important stat".

Nihilist over the last months - "What exactly does Matic do. Look at his low no of tackles. He is ineffective"

Nihilist today: "Nobody said no of tackles prove an indication of a player's effectiveness."

You went from fervent counter of tackles to "no of tackles is no indication of effectiveness"

It doesn't matter to me if you admit you were wrong and are now changing views as long as you correct yourself​ undercover.

Keep shape-shifting, you will soon turn to amoeba.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 3:19pm On Mar 25, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

So who rightly deserves to be termed high chief "L chapo" after this independently observed tackling argument?

And before we forget Airmark and chelseafan1...has that bald man not yet answered your questions on boa boas tackling? Make him no try form anti spam bot ban things oh? wink

Lol, Boa Boa didn't make any tackles against Messi, he used 'other methods', funny enuf, outta 'all the methods' he used, tackling no dey.

I really don't know when uncle apari will stop yarning nonsense on this forum grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:22pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ibime:

The most important thing in an exercise is that truth is brought to light and peoples behaviour changes whether they admit it or not.

Nihilist 3 months ago - "No of tackles is a very important stat".

Nihilist over the last months - "What exactly does Matic do. Look at his low no of tackles"

Nihilist today: "Nobody said tackle's prove an indication of a player's effectiveness."

From fervent counter of tackles to "no of tackles is no indication of effectiveness"

Learn to read bro.

This is the official Nihilist postion on Matic with regards to tackles. This was in Feb. I can go back to last year if you want.

Nihilist:

The key thing I have emphasised is that Matic is no longer the tackling midfielder - Not that he has forgotten how to tackle.

Anybody that watches even one Chelsea game this season will immediately note that our main midfield assassin is Kante. Since Kante is doing all the dirty work, Matic should be freed up to contribute to the attacking play - Afterall this is exactly what happened in 2014/15.

Instead we are seeing a situation where Kante is winning 14 tackles in one game, while Matic did not even make a single one.

Matic who should have been our midfield play runner had 80% pass accuracy and touched the ball only 8 more times than Courtois

Wahala dey with Matic

I will not be calling for Fabregas to step into the team for Matic if I felt that more Tackles were required in midfield. I am calling for Fab precisely because we don't need more tackles in midfield, and his creativity will be welcome.

Do you want me to buy you Brighter Grammar for Christmas? Or Ali and Simbi? We speak English in the real world bro, not Dy/Dx cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Earth2Metahuman: 3:28pm On Mar 25, 2017
Chelsea are ready to go head to head with Manchester United over the signing of Atletico Madrid's Antoine Griezmann, The Sun reports.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:30pm On Mar 25, 2017
Earth2Metahuman:
Chelsea are ready to go head to head with
Manchester United over the signing of
Atletico Madrid's Antoine Griezmann, The
Sun reports.

Hmmmn

I don't know if I want this guy though. At least not for the kind of money he would be going for.

Why don't we test the water for Aubameyang or Reus? Or maybe one of those Monaco boys.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Earth2Metahuman: 3:38pm On Mar 25, 2017
Nihilist:

Hmmmn

I don't know if I want this guy though. At least not for the kind of money he would be going for.

Why don't we test the water for Aubameyang or Reus? Or maybe one of those Monaco boys.
I prefer the monaco boys too but griezmann won't be such a bad idea if he is less than 50million
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by weedtaker: 3:38pm On Mar 25, 2017
Earth2Metahuman:
Chelsea are ready to go head to head with
Manchester United over the signing of
Atletico Madrid's Antoine Griezmann, The
Sun reports.
head to head with who undecided una get money kwanu?
Earth2Metahuman:
I prefer the monaco boys too but griezmann won't be such a bad idea if he is less than 50million
you well so undecided

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:43pm On Mar 25, 2017
Nihilist:

Learn to read bro.

This is the official Nihilist postion on Matic with regards to tackles. This was in Feb. I can go back to last year if you want.

Whether it is in suporting airmark as he erroneously claims that no of tackles is a key stat to judge a players effectiveness, or plethora of comments made in the past, or posting tackle stats after many matches to prove a point. . . . or your recent attempts to prove that VDV, Luiz, Azpi, Aldeweireld etc are high volume tacklers to go with their status as top defenders, it has always been clear to me what your stance is, as well as from the likes of the below:

Nihilist:
Yet this big man was making more tackles in his best season than he is now.

Nihilist:
LOL so you mean Kante is carrying Matic....because Kante is definitely posting those high tackle and interception numbers.

My stance has always been clear on the other side of the debate based on my experience with Makelele, Ballack, Terry and co that you don't need to post high numbers of tackles to be effective.

If we misunderstood each other before, and now both agree that no of tackles is not an indication of effectiveness, then there is no need to fight. Lets just shake hands and help me pass the message the Airmark, bigkesh and co rather than supporting their stance. I will not hear that the Greatest Chelsea legends who barely tackled are ineffective because someone wants to promote Kante or down Matic.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 3:45pm On Mar 25, 2017
Are we still here grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Earth2Metahuman: 3:51pm On Mar 25, 2017
weedtaker:
head to head with who undecided una get money kwanu? you well so undecided
and how much is he gonna cost?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by weedtaker: 3:57pm On Mar 25, 2017
Earth2Metahuman:
and how much is he gonna cost?
how much do you think hazad ll cost in dis current market??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:58pm On Mar 25, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

Well....According to those who matter!

"He is probably my favourite player in European football over the last 15 years.

“I watched Milan in their quarter-final, second leg against Bayern Munich and Maldini went through the entire 90 minutes WITHOUT TACKLING . THAT is an ART and he is the master of it. He is a great player. You can’t dismiss the sort of experience he has."
Sir Alex" the legend" ferguson.....

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/othersport/5238/Ferguson-Maldini-s-still-the-master

More fodder for the debate!

airmark nihilist

This is what one of the best coaches said about the best defender

Maldini said if he has to tackle then he has made a mistake. So the list of those tackles shows he made a mistake somewhere that he has to correct

The best defender of his generation said it, One of the best coaches of his generation hailed it, One of the best DM of his generation affirmed it then we are here listening to the silly words of a koranic school dropout

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:02pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ibime:

Whether it is in suporting airmark as he erroneously claims that no of tackles is a key stat to judge a players effectiveness, or plethora of comments made in the past, or posting tackle stats after many matches to prove a point. . . . or your recent attempts to prove that VDV, Luiz, Azpi, Aldeweireld etc are high volume tacklers to go with their status as top defenders, it has always been clear to me what your stance is, as well as from the likes of the below:

My stance has always been clear on the other side of the debate based on my experience with Makelele, Ballack, Terry and co that you don't need to post high numbers of tackles to be effective.

If we misunderstood each other before, and now both agree that no of tackles is not an indication of effectiveness, then there is no need to fight. Lets just shake hands and help me pass the message the Airmark, bigkesh and co rather than supporting their stance. I will not hear that the Greatest Chelsea legends who barely tackled are ineffective because someone wants to promote Kante or down Matic.

Lol this man sef.

The person I was actually 'tackling' in my original post was Raumdeuter for posting that Maldini quote that a tackle is the result of a mistake. You could see that Chelseafan1 and Airmark were on his case after that comment with regards to Boateng, and I was simply stating my opinion that a tackle is not merely a corrective measure as thar post suggested, but a key skill that any defensive player worth his salt must have in his Arsenal.

With regards to Matic, my focus on his tackle figures have always been relative to Kante. Nobody can deny that when Matic first came, he was doing the job that Kante does now.

My argument has always been, since Matic is no longer required to do that Kante style job, what is he bringing to the table offensively? And I was arguing that on my ones before it became a popular view on here because i remember how Fabregas was creating chances while Matic bulldozed only 2 years ago, in the period you said Matic was 'carrying Fab'

Anyway, enough of this yarns. Leicester are playing Northampton at Franklin Gardens. Big game time.

Take 5. grin

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Earth2Metahuman: 4:08pm On Mar 25, 2017
weedtaker:
how much do you think hazad ll cost in dis current market??

oga ade
Anything above 50million, chelsea should not buy.
There is 60-70% chance he will flop in england.
He has not played anywhere else apart from spain.

FTR, chelsea can buy any players they want.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:09pm On Mar 25, 2017
Skimpledawg:

You forget say baba Ibime na mathematician guru grin

You did well not to tow that path ai swear.

Well, baba has a point though. The relationship between tackles made and goals conceded by a team goes a long way to show how formidable such teams are and on the long run, why tackles are necessary by a DM or defender.

Looking at it from another viewpoint also, 'tackle' whether as a skill or style is a very important part of any defender. The gifs raumdeuter has been running away from since yesterday clearly shows that his self acclaimed Boateng tackled at every point in time to save the team from either a counter or skillful paced players.

In our 2nd leg fixture against Arsenal, Hazards' solo goal was made possible due to negligence on Chloroquine's grin part not to TACKLE.

My ideal DM is one that knows how to tackle but utilizes such skill set only when necessary.

Boateng did many things in that game to stop the Argentine including tackles and other things, These are highlight reels do you expect them to show when he ushered a striker into a crowded are where he got dispossessed or where he used his body to shield the ball and drew a foul

There are several ways to disposses an opponent and tackles is the most risky and most inefficient of them. By tackling you are risking a red card, by tackling and missing, you are basically out of the game and the attacker had a man down also puts the other defenders who were banking on you at a step behind. This was exactly what happened to Coquelin vs Hazard he went for the tackle and failed. effectively taking him out of the game, The other defenders who had mentally backed away and couldnt recover on time by the time Coquelin failed

Football nowadays is played more with sense
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:13pm On Mar 25, 2017
Nihilist:

Take 5. grin

This your high five look like waka. Not accepted!

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 4:14pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ibime:

You have been found out, just take your L and sleep on it, dont twist my view to look as if you made any meaningful point here. Nobody stated tackles are the all in all in defensive skill set, what we are educating you on is, tackle is an essential part of defensive skills you can use to rate a dm.

- You said whoscored saw tackles as just style of play. I proved it that you lied by using the site ratings that used tackles as one of the stats that makes kante beats coquelin in their ratings.

- You stated that tackles must only be made in a counterattack moment. This is fallacious , embarrassing and every sensible person will agree that not only In counter attacks, tackles can also be deployed to thwart any goal-bound move.

- I proved it to you the year matic was the best dm in epl, he made the highest number of tackles in the league. Nihilist came to corroborate it by telling you in the past 2 seasons dms with highest number of tackles made epl team of the year.

You were expecting defenders inside the box to post higher no. of tackles when they are likely to commit a foul and get sent off or cause penalties. This is ridiculous and i backed out because it is irritating arguing this stuff.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 4:26pm On Mar 25, 2017
Omo see mehn dem.....una dey vex for here today. I go come back come read up make I continue with my son's BD celebration.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by neighy(m): 4:27pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ibime:

Calm down, you are about to take a lesson in percentiles. 15 appearances is not much. Claiming someone made top 20 of 43 CBs means nothing except bang average.

Make my daughter comot for youtube first make I enter computer.

Luiz is in the top 30 percentile for tackles yet in the top 5 percentile of centre backs this season. Do you know how low that coefficient of correlation is? Keep yarning, make I enter computer first.
not a statistician.. u prolly from management science
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:28pm On Mar 25, 2017
airmark:

You have been found out, just take your L and sleep on it, dont twist my view to look as if you made any meaningful point here. Nobody stated tackles are the all in all in defensive skill, what we are educating you on is, tackle is an essential part of defensive skills you can use to rate a dm.

My friend shut it there. I don't know how someone who came in yesterday insisting we must count players tackles will be going into grey area now. Is counting tackles an indication of a defensive players effectiveness or not? Cos I don't understand this one you dey talk now. Do you count tackles or not when rating players?

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 25, 2017
Just to lighten up the mood....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb4X1BWNO5k
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 4:58pm On Mar 25, 2017
diggz:

Omo see mehn dem.....una dey vex for here today. I go come back come read up make I continue with my son's BD celebration.

You have a son??

My o my
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by weedtaker: 5:00pm On Mar 25, 2017
Earth2Metahuman:
oga ade
Anything above 50million, chelsea should not buy.
There is 60-70% chance he will flop in england.
He has not played anywhere else apart from spain.

FTR, chelsea can buy any players they want.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:02pm On Mar 25, 2017
bigkesh:
You have a son??

My o my

Diggz has 2 kids with his wife and 4 others with his side chics

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2716) (2717) (2718) (2719) (2720) (2721) (2722) ... (19125) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.