Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,322 members, 7,811,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2720) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10452849 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2717) (2718) (2719) (2720) (2721) (2722) (2723) ... (19125) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 5:06pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ibime:

My friend shut it there. I don't know how someone who came in yesterday insisting we must count players tackles will be going into grey area now. Is counting tackles an indication of a defensive players effectiveness or not? Cos I don't understand this one you dey talk now. Do you count tackles or not when rating players?

You have memory problem bro. Below is my first comment which you quoted and i just shot. I dont know why you were twisting my view, as if you made any point. You made it look as if every tackle is a successful one. Without even knowing makelele had 82 % tackle success until you sent a link, i commented based on successful tackles. The link you sent put tackles in the stats, and that's a premier league site. Instead of you to stay mute or address those areas i corrected, you were mentioning me in your posts.
Tell me , why you stated tackles are only to be deployed in counter-attacks
Tell me why you expect defenders that operate mostly in the box to make more tackles than dms outside the box.
Tell me why whoscored used tackles to rate players.
Tell me why idrissa gueye who has high number of tackles now, was tipped for greatness by you last year.
From lesotho to peru, successful tackles will always be used to rate dms.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:53pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ibime:

This your high five look like waka. Not accepted!

grin

My Nigga. grin

N.a. pure 5 o.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlordmaniac(m): 5:58pm On Mar 25, 2017
Earth2Metahuman:
Chelsea are ready to go head to head with
Manchester United over the signing of
Atletico Madrid's Antoine Griezmann, The
Sun reports.

Nigga go and follow your mates like arsenal, dortmund or lyon to drag for players! Don't allow comical news headlines give you false hopes! You guys can't even sign his kid brother for your youth team over united talk less of the man himself! He already has a squad number waiting for him at old trafford! tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 6:06pm On Mar 25, 2017
raumdeuter:

Diggz has 2 kids with his wife and 4 others with his side chics
bigkesh:

You have a son??

My o my
bigkesh:

You have a son??

My o my

Kesh yes ooo..... I have a son and he is my first.

@raumdeuter......which kind human(woman) being you be? Rflmao.........
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:17pm On Mar 25, 2017
diggz:

Kesh yes ooo..... I have a son and he is my first.

@raumdeuter......which kind human(woman) being you be? Rflmao.........

Baba congrats to you and happy birthday to little digger.

God Bless.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:26pm On Mar 25, 2017
airmark:

You have memory problem bro. Below is my first comment which you quoted and i just shot. I dont know why you were twisting my view, as if you made any point. You made it look as if every tackle is a successful one. Without even knowing makelele had 82 % tackle success until you sent a link, i commented based on successful tackles. The link you sent put tackles in the stats, and that's a premier league site. Instead of you to stay mute or address those areas i corrected, you were mentioning me in your posts.
Tell me , why you stated tackles are only to be deployed in counter-attacks
Tell me why you expect defenders that operate mostly in the box to make more tackles than dms outside the box.
Tell me why whoscored used tackles to rate players.
Tell me why idrissa gueye who has high number of tackles now, was tipped for greatness by you last year.
From lesotho to peru, successful tackles will always be used to rate dms.

None of this makes any sense. It is not worth commenting on as it's full of misconceptions and poor understanding.

For example, I said the only time tackle is a must is to stop a dangerous counter. How you stop opposition in normal situations is your personal preference and your style of play. You can tackle like Kante or you can block passing lanes like Makelele. I have no quarrel with whatever method you use. So I won't start counting no of tackles as that is influenced by your style of play. You read it to mean that I said tackle is only to be used on counterattack.

So there is just one example of how the above post is full of misconceptions that are not worth my energy.

I only have one question, what is the difference between successful tackles and no of tackles?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 6:40pm On Mar 25, 2017
Nihilist:

Baba congrats to you and happy birthday to little digger.

God Bless.

Thanks alot bro.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 7:48pm On Mar 25, 2017
Omo this place resemble Further Maths class, that year.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 7:58pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ibime:

None of this makes any sense. It is not worth commenting on as it's full of misconceptions and poor understanding.

For example, I said the only time tackle is a must is to stop a dangerous counter. How you stop opposition in normal situations is your personal preference and your style of play. You can tackle like Kante or you can block passing lanes like Makelele. I have no quarrel with whatever method you use. So I won't start counting no of tackles as that is influenced by your style of play. You read it to mean that I said tackle is only to be used on counterattack.

So there is just one example of how the above post is full of misconceptions that are not worth my energy.

I only have one question, what is the difference between successful tackles and no of tackles?

Stop confusing yourself, tackles are skills not found in every player. Some are poor tacklers and will not want to risk red cards so they deploy other ways of defending, which may not save the moment. Now below is an example of a non-counter attack moment that a good tackler would have terminated.

[img]http:///media/3-25-2017/XntOBU.gif[/img]

In the heads of those f00lish bilbao defenders, they either believed tackle was not needed or they lacked the skill. Ability to know when to apply and how to execute it smoothly, is not what you find in every defender or dm. You think every muniru and kassim can tackle, so ludicrous. If you have an 82 % tackle success, you are one of the bests defensively. Squawka, whoscored, skysports and others consider tackles in rating dms , who are you to rubbish it?. You have every right to believe that it's not important, that's your problem. I have left this issue, if not for the mentions i got. At the end of the season kante and other dms will still be rated, tackles will still be listed as the strongest point of kante which has raised his profile.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 7:58pm On Mar 25, 2017
afrodoc2:

When was the last time you sat down in a class related to maths ??

You must have forgotten how to solve the complex problems in Further Maths
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:12pm On Mar 25, 2017
airmark:

Stop confusing yourself, tackles are skills not found in every player. Some are poor tacklers and will not want to risk red cards so they deploy other ways of defending, which may not save the moment. Now below is an example of a non-counter attack moment that a good tackler would have terminated.

[img]http:///media/3-25-2017/XntOBU.gif[/img]

In the heads of those f00lish bilbao defenders, they either believed tackle was not needed or they lacked the skill. Ability to know when to apply and how to execute it smoothly, is not what you find in every defender or dm. You think every muniru and kassim can tackle, so ludicrous. If you have an 82 % tackle success, you are one of the bests defensively. Squawka, whoscored, skysports and others consider tackles in rating dms , who are you to rubbish it?. You have every right to believe that it's not important, that's your problem. I have left this issue, if not for the mentions i got. At the end of the season kante and other dms will still be rated, tackles will still be listed as the strongest point of kante which has raised his profile.

How does this relate to no of tackles? You are even confused whether you are talking about no of tackles or percentage success of tackles. I can't deal.

Man, you don't know what you are talking about. Those Bilbao defenders were desperately trying to tackle Messi right from halfway line. They tried numerous times.

If they were wise like Makelele and Ballack, they would have just chilled in tight formation on the edge of their box and controlled the space and Messi won't score. That's why Messi has not scored a single goal in nearly 10 attempt vs Chelsea. Those Bilbao defenders decided on early confrontation right from the halfway line and paid for it and you are telling us it's vice-versa. Stop typing rubbish. You are clueless.

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 8:22pm On Mar 25, 2017
bigkesh:

When was the last time you sat down in a class related to maths ??

You must have forgotten how to solve the complex problems in Further Maths

Omo I have my practice manager and my accountant do all that for me if necessary.
As long as I can diagnose ailments and manage patients and do my office procedures I dey kampe.
To answer your question my last Maths class was in 2000 in 300L, Epidemiology and Statistics. All this correlation coefficient, T score and Z score dey there
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:24pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ibime:

How does this relate to no of tackles? You are even confused whether you are talking about no of tackles or percentage success of tackles. I can't deal.

Man, you don't know what you are talking about. Those Bilbao defenders were desperately trying to tackle Messi right from halfway line. They tried numerous times.

If they were wise like Makelele and Ballack, they would have just chilled in tight formation on the edge of their box and controlled the space and Messi won't score. That's why Messi has not scored a single goal in nearly 10 attempt vs Chelsea. Those Bilbao defenders decided on early confrontation right from the halfway line and paid for it and you are telling us it's vice-versa. Stop typing rubbish. You are clueless.

You are a joke. It's obvious you never played football in a lush green stadium with fans paying to watch. You were here when i dropped gifs of boathand making tackles to stop aguero and messi's darting runs yesterday. The bilbao players were not trying to do anything other than to wait for messi to do his thing. They expected him to turn back because they outnumbered him in that zone. Maldini at his peak would have swept the ball or messi's leg before entering the box. This is the same foolish idea dayo suggested thinking once you force an attacker into a crowded area, there would be no way out. It's high you guys started learning soccer's technicality.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlordmaniac(m): 8:30pm On Mar 25, 2017
Nihilist and ibime are both 2 guys who know the rudiments about this game sha..lovely Saturday banter earlier today...even sky sports go bow for una battle today!

Nice 1!

Diggz abi you wan try comparing 1 of our legends with una own? Make I use you do shawarma? grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:44pm On Mar 25, 2017
diggz:

Thanks alot bro.

Congrats bro, more blessing in the family. cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:46pm On Mar 25, 2017
airmark:

You are a joke. It's obvious you never played football in a lush green stadium with fans paying to watch. You were here when i dropped gifs of boathand making tackles to stop aguero and messi's darting runs yesterday. The bilbao players were not trying to do anything other than to wait for messi to do his thing. They expected him to turn back because they outnumbered him in that zone. Maldini at his peak would have swept the ball or messi's leg before entering the box. This is the same foolish idea dayo suggested thinking once you force an attacker into a crowded area, there would be no way out. It's high you guys started learning soccer's technicality.

Show me those tackling stats from the 10 matches Messi played against Chelsea.

I think we need optician in the house. From what I saw from your gif Bilbao engaged Messi aggressively right from the halfway line. He built up a head of steam and ran into the vacated fullback position at full speed.

Now if he were facing our Chelsea legends and he receives ball on the halfway line, they would usually leave him there than engage him. By the time he enters into our final third there would be no where to run into, he would not have built any acceleration, he would lackadaisically pass to the next man. 10 games, no goals, you can't argue with the approach.

Those Bilbao guys however were disorganised and out of position because the first guy broke ranks to go and tackle Messi. By the time Messi arrives in the box, they are desperate, panicking and out of position with 3 of them standing on each others toes whereas Chelsea players would all be 5 yards from each other in rigid formation so if Messi beats one, he would come into another one's zone. When Messi himself see the formation like Roman battalion formation with even spacing between each player, he would be discouraged from trying anything. These Bilbao players just rushed in like disorganised Barbarian army in the name of early tackle.

Most defenders are unsuccessful with tackling Messi anyway, so I don't know why any team would set up to maximise no of tackles. The goal is to minimise situations where you have to tackle Messi which is what Chelsea do everytime. Last match in 2012, Barca midfield made 7 tackles and Chelsea midfield had 7 tackles.

DiMatteo even told the boys to let Barca have the ball on the wings and don't engage them until they come central.

You're the one with a lot to learn.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:47pm On Mar 25, 2017
Oga Diggz, more blessings mehn.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 8:59pm On Mar 25, 2017
diggz:

Omo see mehn dem.....una dey vex for here today. I go come back come read up make I continue with my son's BD celebration.

U no even post pictures for us make we feed our eyes.

HBD to young diggz, may he live long nd prosper.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:02pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ibime:

I think we need optician in the house. From what I saw from your gif Bilbao engaged Messi aggressively right from the halfway line.

Engaged messi aggressively, with no sliding tackles where needed? If you want to check aggressive tackles, go and watch psg-barca 1st leg. These bilbao defenders are clowns. Lemme just let it slide.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 9:07pm On Mar 25, 2017
afrodoc2:

Shey me no kuku sabi further maths, everything wey dem dey do just be like film trick for my eye.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 9:11pm On Mar 25, 2017
Funlordmaniac:

Nihilist and ibime are both 2 guys who know the rudiments about this game sha..lovely Saturday banter earlier today...even sky sports go bow for una battle today!

Nice 1!

Diggz abi you wan try comparing 1 of our legends with una own? Make I use you do shawarma? grin
Sky Sports pundits dey learn where those guys dey.

My own na to contribute the little I sabi and learn the much I dont know.

U sef na bad guys when it comes to football discourse.

Oga diggz, enjoy man cool

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:15pm On Mar 25, 2017
airmark:

Engaged messi aggressively, with no sliding tackles where needed? If you want to check aggressive tackles, go and watch psg-barca 1st leg. These bilbao defenders are clowns. Lemme just let it slide.

How do you do slide tackle when ball is between your opponent's feet? You can only slide tackle when the ball is a reasonable distance away from his body and usually when you are chasing him side by side. They were facing Messi eye to eye with the ball between his feet. Are they supposed to jump into his body? That is clearly a standing tackle situation which they tried too aggressively and exposed the fullback position for Messi to run into at full speed.

Wetin you dey yarn sef?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 9:17pm On Mar 25, 2017
raumdeuter:

Boateng did many things in that game to stop the Argentine including tackles and other things, These are highlight reels do you expect them to show when he ushered a striker into a crowded are where he got dispossessed or where he used his body to shield the ball and drew a foul

There are several ways to disposses an opponent and tackles is the most risky and most inefficient of them. By tackling you are risking a red card, by tackling and missing, you are basically out of the game and the attacker had a man down also puts the other defenders who were banking on you at a step behind. This was exactly what happened to Coquelin vs Hazard he went for the tackle and failed. effectively taking him out of the game, The other defenders who had mentally backed away and couldnt recover on time by the time Coquelin failed

Football nowadays is played more with sense
If we all can agree to the bolded, there won't be need for further banter. Although I doubt we will reach such consensus grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlordmaniac(m): 9:22pm On Mar 25, 2017
Skimpledawg:

Sky Sports pundits dey learn where those guys dey.

My own na to contribute the little I sabi and learn the much I dont know.

U sef na bad guys when it comes to football discourse.

Oga diggz, enjoy man cool

Thanks bro....i dey try play my small part.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 9:32pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ibime:

How do you do slide tackle when ball is between your opponent's feet? You can only slide tackle when the ball is a reasonable distance away from his body and usually when you are chasing him side by side. They were facing Messi eye to eye with the ball between his feet. Are they supposed to jump into his body? That is clearly a standing tackle situation which they tried too aggressively and exposed the fullback position for Messi to run into at full speed.

Wetin you dey yarn sef?

Watch the gif again, there are moments a slide tackle would have unbalanced or terminated that messi's effort. The moment he broke that 2nd defender close to the touch-line, some good defenders who understands how messi moves would do a slide tackle. A standing tackle wouldn't be enough. Calamitous Boathand strangely did something close here, if you miss that moment messi is gone. That's why not everyone knows when and how to tackle. Coaches train players these things. You may not understand.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:49pm On Mar 25, 2017
airmark:

Watch the gif again, there are moments a slide tackle would have unbalanced or terminated that messi's effort. The moment he broke that 2nd defender close to the touch-line, some good defenders who understands how messi moves would do a slide tackle. A standing tackle wouldn't be enough. Calamitous Boathand strangely did something close here, if you miss that moment messi is gone. That's why not everyone knows when and how to tackle. Coaches train players these things. You may not understand.

Coaches don't train players on any sliding tackles. Do you think any coach comes with whistle and tell players to start sliding on the floor? grin grin grin

Oh boy you funny o. All coaches defensive work is positional. Where to stand, when to press, when to drop, when to spring offside trap etc. Any coach that plays the ball down the line and asks players to go sliding after it will get laughed out of the training ground.

That Boateng tackle is an anomaly. 9 times out of 10 you don't hit the floor on a tackle like that. His momentum took him down in trying to clear the ball as far as he can at the same time as make the tackle. That was not a slide tackle situation. He fell down, he didn't slide forward. When someone is running at you face to face, you don't usually slide into them.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:12pm On Mar 25, 2017

Baba nla tackle. grin

Cannigia your papa cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 10:16pm On Mar 25, 2017
Kante. The best. Wow.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 10:18pm On Mar 25, 2017
Nihilist:

Baba nla tackle. grin

The bascard was remonstrating ya know grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 10:18pm On Mar 25, 2017
Nihilist:

Baba nla tackle. grin

Mother of all tackles. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:18pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ibime:

Coaches don't train players on any sliding tackles. Do you think any coach comes with whistle and tell players to start sliding on the floor? grin grin grin

Oh boy you funny o. All coaches defensive work is positional. Where to stand, when to press, when to drop, when to spring offside trap etc. Any coach that plays the ball down the line and asks players to go sliding after it will get laughed out of the training ground.

That Boateng tackle is an anomaly. 9 times out of 10 you don't hit the floor on a tackle like that. His momentum took him down in trying to clear the ball as far as he can at the same time as make the tackle. That was not a slide tackle situation. He fell down, he didn't slide forward. When someone is running at you face to face, you don't usually slide into them.

It's obvious you have never trained professionally as a footballer. I will pardon you. You can search online for tutorials where you see pro soccer coaches giving tips on tackles. You think pep was mad for saying he didnt train tackles? Come on, you are ignorant as regards soccer technicalities. These link may clear your enormous ignorance. From me to you it's free :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ794D3zYAU

Now as regards boathand's tackle, you are just arguing blindly. If he didnt hit the floor, he wouldn't have made swift contact with that ball. Some stvpid defenders reason like this and players like hazard, messi, neymar destroy them with their quick foot. Touching the balls before they do. The reason for slide tackles is to make a contact where standing tackle will not be enough. In that boathand's tackle, standing tackle would have embarrassed him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:20pm On Mar 25, 2017
So without hazard, this team cant beat a 10-man greece . cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (2717) (2718) (2719) (2720) (2721) (2722) (2723) ... (19125) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.