Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,385 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3063) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10512377 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3060) (3061) (3062) (3063) (3064) (3065) (3066) ... (19149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 25, 2017
Patiently waiting for 1st of July
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:15pm On Jun 25, 2017
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:15pm On Jun 25, 2017
bigkesh:
This guy might not be that bad

All 5 yard passes to his own centrebacks. He does not attempt any pass longer than 10 yards.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 7:39pm On Jun 25, 2017
AdisaOwala:

Ndidi Anumunu, Joetex Frimpong, Emeka Ezenwa, Ajibade Omolade ( Enyimba's Azpilicueta grin), the late Romanus Orjinta etc.

I remember the 2004 2nd leg of the final in Cairo (Vs Ismaili) - Ezenwa (the lone striker) defended from the front for 90mins.

Like you rightly opined, Uzor Kalu's love for the club had no bounds that time - he was even willing to buy Ismaili's Dramane Traore (hottest CF in Africa then) cheesy

Emeka ezenwa or emeka nwanna? That striker, with big head, his head is twice as big as dayo's. Frimpong used his frame to torment. Is orjinta dead? That big guy was a no nonsense defender. Nwaneri was also decent. Kadiri ikhana and emordi did a good job then. Ismaili would have needed bombs to win that cup. I think it was 2003. Those aba boys wanted to die that day, and they served those north africans their own medicine, breaking their tempo in dying minutes, feigning injuries. They cried that day. It was massive.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AdisaOwala: 8:37pm On Jun 25, 2017
airmark:

Emeka ezenwa or emeka nwanna? That striker, with big head, his head is twice as big as dayo's. Frimpong used his frame to torment. Is orjinta dead? That big guy was a no nonsense defender. Nwaneri was also decent. Kadiri ikhana and emordi did a good job then. Ismaili would have needed bombs to win that cup. I think it was 2003. Those aba boys wanted to die that day, and they served those north africans their own medicine, breaking their tempo in dying minutes, feigning injuries. They cried that day. It was massive.

1. Ekene Ezenwa, not Emeka - My bad. I doubt if Emeka Nwana played in the 2nd leg.

2. Orjinta died about 3 years ago. embarassed

3. You are right - that epic final was in 2003...not 2004.

4. Kadiri Ikhana's tactics were spot on & like you rightly said, those boys were ready to die on the pitch on that cold Friday in December.

Yusuf Mohamed, Onyekachi Okonkwo etc are other names that come to mind. I think kachi moved to a club in the ABSA premier league later in his career.

Uzor Kalu's passion for the club strong sotay him dey siddon for Bench with the technical crew atimes cheesy

The ginger level of Enyimba's supporters for Aba that year na another tori entirely

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlord2(m): 9:00pm On Jun 25, 2017
diggz:

Why you dey shine teeth for here? I hear say rashidi yekini and finidi George dey linked to your club tongue cheesy

Na from grave abi na from Liberian government house the links wan come from? Make una chillax....our agent zero called emenalo bond is doing a great job from the inside....lukaku is next by fire by force grin...the only thing I like with the niggas situation is the fact that a nigerian is playing such an important role in shaping the destiny of top team in europe! Uplift the race and all that black power shite.....

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Olaone1: 9:42pm On Jun 25, 2017
This Shepe thread. Hmmmm undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 9:48pm On Jun 25, 2017
AdisaOwala:

Onyekachi Okonkwo etc are other names that come to mind. I think kachi moved to a club in the ABSA premier league later in his career.

Yes, you are right. But then, Kachi is same as onyekchi okonkwo. He's the one whose picture is used in the meme " NA WHO ASK YOU" or "WETIN CONCERN"... where one player is angrily talking to his opponent(kachi). You'll see OKONKWO boldly on his back.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 9:48pm On Jun 25, 2017
diggz:
There is everything mentally wrong with whoever is signing players in cfc. How can we even break our record signing for a 26yr old almost 27yr old left back who may not guarantee us more than 4yrs of productive football?

He better wins us the champions league o....... if not,he will be joining the rest of the shady buys we have had to deal with as a club.
shebi if Sandro no come, Una go tell us conte wanted Sandro they gave him Echiejila ?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 9:49pm On Jun 25, 2017
Diademk07:

Auba isn't that good on the wing. He's far better as a striker. I prefer Insigne out of the three.. His style is kind of similar to David Silva but a better scorer.
you described insigne well

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 10:35pm On Jun 25, 2017
Jose Mourinho forever proving he is one of us

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:46pm On Jun 25, 2017
lordfalcao:
shebi if Sandro no come, Una go tell us conte wanted Sandro they gave him Echiejila ?

I am sure you say conte or emenalo in my post....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:56pm On Jun 25, 2017
AdisaOwala:

1. Ekene Ezenwa, not Emeka - My bad. I doubt if Emeka Nwana played in the 2nd leg.

4. Kadiri Ikhana's tactics were spot on & like you rightly said, those boys were ready to die on the pitch on that cold Friday in December.

Yusuf Mohamed, Onyekachi Okonkwo etc are other names that come to mind. I think kachi moved to a club in the ABSA premier league later in his career.

Uzor Kalu's passion for the club strong sotay him dey siddon for Bench with the technical crew atimes cheesy

The ginger level of Enyimba's supporters for Aba that year na another tori entirely

Hmnn, i checked and saw he died on 2014. May his soul rest in peace. I just got the name of that player i wanted to remember yesterday, steven worgu. He was hot like fire after the era of muri ogunbiyi and co. He was the highest goal scorer in champions league, very enterprising attacker. I dont know what stalled his growth. Kalu really motivated those guys. He later had a clash with nsofor, when he sneaked out for trials abroad, when he hadn't served the club well. He later pardoned him and approved his transfer to italy. I expect ifeanyi uba to follow suit with his club by now, especially when i learnt he brought brazilian players to the league.

bigkesh:
Jose Mourinho forever proving he is one of us

You aint serious. Matic may deliver for man utd o.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 11:10pm On Jun 25, 2017
airmark:

You aint serious. Matic may deliver for man utd o.

The only way he will deliver is if they make him their pizza delivery boy......And they players will probably die of hunger because the idiot is slow like Glo network on 2G

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 12:25am On Jun 26, 2017
raumdeuter:
Ibime nihilist funlord a40 afrodoc2 diggz nateevs

I always hear this mantra that poor administration is why African football is terrible. Do you believe this or it's just a case of we don't have the talents
We have enough talents to do much better but like every other thing in life talent alone is never enough.

Administration is a massive issue. No structure, no deliberate plan for the short or long term. Its just a mirror of the larger society to be honest.

After USA 94 if they told me Nigeria or any other African team would not get to a World Cup semi I would not believe it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 12:54am On Jun 26, 2017
raumdeuter:
In my lifetime African football has never had good administrators, South America does not have good administrators yet they still do relatively well

US and some European countries, have excellent administrators yet they dont do anything

Gragra football is not talent. Cerebral football is what I call talent, players like Kanu(my best Nigerian player) had it from the streets of Owerri without any administration which is why he was one of the most celebrated players from Nigeria

Right now, how many Nigerian players are regular first team players playing in any first division in the leagues in Italy, England, Germany Holland, Spain Italy

Around 1996 to 2002, Several of our players were playing REGULAR first team football in top clubs, Oliseh Dortmund, Kanu Arsenal, Taribo Inter, Finidi Betis, Babangida Ajax, Ikpeba Dortmund/Monaco, Babayaro Chelsea, Amuneke Barcelona, Okocha PSG, Akpoborie Stuttgart etc

Thats almost 11 players I named off the top of my head who were playing elite top level football, Was the administration good or better at that time?

That's why I just think administration is just a convenient excuse. I think we lack genuine talents. We only dominate age groups because we lie about ages.

Chrisantus, Haruna Lukman, Rabiu Ibrahim, all got good breaks after the U17 world club, they were picked up by European clubs they all failed. Stanley Okoro set too same thing It was the same type of tournament where Kanu, Babayaro, Oruma went from to Europe and excelled

Can we just be honest and admit we dont have genuine talents anymore. Maybe in the future we will get lucky again. And its not a terrible thing to admit

Brazil the home of football recently went though their own talent drought, Italy too is currently going through their own minor drought, Germany went through theirs
Nigerian Football was very organized back in the day. We had age cheats but at least we had a system. People forget that as per that 94-96 team the foundation for that squad was built from 89-90. Those stars didn't come from the moon.

We had age grade comps. We had YSFON that brought Amokachi, Babayaro e.t.c

Cycles end and countries go through lulls but it is your level of organization that determine how long you stay there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 1:21am On Jun 26, 2017
I was about to mention that. The organization brought about by Clemens Westerhoff could not be understated. Hence the success in that era. The subsequent stability and organization brought about by Jo Bonfere manifested in success that ensued aafter Clemens' reign.

It fell apart once these guys moved on.

The talent was there. I believe it still is. The administration to harness the manpower into a formidable competitive product, is just almost never present, once decision-making is predominantly in the hands of black people.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PDPGuy: 2:02am On Jun 26, 2017
AdisaOwala:

Romanus Orjinta is dead? shocked
The dude was a rock in central defense those days for Enyimba.
The Ismaili defeat was special, but the extra special feat was the 2-0 win over Asec Mimosas in Cote D'Ivoire. I never expected it at all. In fact, that result convinced me that Enyimba would go all the way that year.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by johnstar(m): 5:05am On Jun 26, 2017
Pls d rumours i'm hearing how true is it?

Sandro-----chelsea

Lukaku----chelsea

Van dijk----chelsea

Bakayoka---chelsea

Choi all premiership defenders ar in trouble

Nw i'm happy we can compete wit top Europe elites

Make dm renovate moses position too

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Thecassanova: 6:12am On Jun 26, 2017
Matic to Man U.

Why? If we don't want matic again, not to our rival please.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 6:29am On Jun 26, 2017
diggz:

I am sure you say conte or emenalo in my post....
na d same thing I dy talk na, the price quoted for Sandro doesn't worth it, but if Sandro deal fails due to price been quoted we will start quoting the board imposing players who are not Conte's favorite on him.. Nobi so ?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 6:57am On Jun 26, 2017
lordfalcao:
na d same thing I dy talk na, the price quoted for Sandro doesn't worth it, but if Sandro deal fails due to price been quoted we will start quoting the board imposing players who are not Conte's favorite on him.. Nobi so ?

Kilagbe --- kileju?

I sincerely don't follow you here. Assuming the fee for Sandro is 200mil as long as he is Contes target makes it alright, right?

You no even dey follow the matter properly for here. All you do na to blindly stick with Ur views/opinion even if it is correct or not. Abeg not everything naim be Conte or emenalo talk. I mentioned whoever wey dey make signings, I no call name and I no call name bcuz obviously I no dey sure who e be. And, dat no stop the fact say we dey always face drama of coach not having the kind of players dey want rumor or having players imposed on them rumor.

Anyways, E b like say u just like troll unnecessary Bros. Kindly face the people wey u dey drag emenalo matter with....thank u Bros.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlord2(m): 9:30am On Jun 26, 2017
diggz:

Kilagbe --- kileju? I sincerely don't follow you here.

You no even dey follow the matter properly for here. All you do na to blindly stick with Ur views/opinion even if it is correct or not. Abeg not everything naim be Conte or emenalo talk

Anyways, E b like say u just like troll unnecessary Bros. Kindly face the people wey u dey drag emenalo matter with....thank u Bros.

grin grin grin

Na bigkesh and Griffon nigga for life you dey advice so?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:31am On Jun 26, 2017
Funlord2:

grin grin grin

Na my niqqa too man
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:56am On Jun 26, 2017
Alex Sandro is a great addition to the squad. He can play all positions on the left wing, as well as in central midfield.

I don't like the price though. 60m is ridiculous. I think we made around 150m from TV rights and winning the league last season. We will continue to be in the red if we continue to splash out huge money like this.

This football thing is a bubble. It must surely burst one day.

Ridiculous

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:25am On Jun 26, 2017
I no dey argue price again. If Roman want spend money like MC Hammer, e no consign me again. Is it my money? My only concern is no 30 year old player like Bonucci should be bought for any ridiculous sum.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:35am On Jun 26, 2017
My point exactly...... the club still they handle bizness like amateurs. If we end up with lukaku,it will be the second time same shyttee will be happening.

My anger with this entire Sandro shyttee is in the amount for his age. If he was 22 or 23 yr old I would even mind. Now they are busy chasing fvcking bonucci for only God knows how much again when we can make a diamond out of Chris and Ake.....

Even fvcking madrid have been doing fantastic business with their transfers of late.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segadem(m): 11:08am On Jun 26, 2017
Prodigy4rii:
Patiently waiting for 1st of July
Reports suggest that Roman Abramovic could be set to sanction deals for four players, amounting to £240m.

The four players in question are Juventus' Alex Sandro, Southampton's Virgil Van Dijk, Monaco's Tiemoue Bakayoko
[/b]

and Everton's Romelu Lukaku.

The story comes from English newspaper the 'Express', which claims that Monaco midfielder Bakayoko should sign for the club within the next 48 hours and that his signing will kick off the spending spree. Alex Sandro is expected to follow shortly after, with many sources claiming that deal could be done as early as this week.

[b] abeg, who be Lukaku abi Lukuluku?
Pls we don't need that guy in blues' jersey
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 11:18am On Jun 26, 2017
Funlord2:

grin grin grin

Immediately I read the bolded part I knew it could only be one person....He can be annoying sometimes..... Actually everytime
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Segadem(m): 11:31am On Jun 26, 2017
Thecassanova:
Matic to Man U.

Why? If we don't want matic again, not to our rival please.
that's how we lost Petr Cech to arsenal and lost Courtois to injury few weeks later, and we all know what happened there after
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 26, 2017
Segadem:
Reports suggest that Roman Abramovic could be set to sanction deals for four players, amounting to £240m.

The four players in question are Juventus' Alex Sandro, Southampton's Virgil Van Dijk, Monaco's Tiemoue Bakayoko
[/b]

and Everton's Romelu Lukaku.

The story comes from English newspaper the 'Express', which claims that Monaco midfielder Bakayoko should sign for the club within the next 48 hours and that his signing will kick off the spending spree. Alex Sandro is expected to follow shortly after, with many sources claiming that deal could be done as early as this week.

[b] abeg, who be Lukaku abi Lukuluku?
Pls we don't need that guy in blues' jersey

Boss, na to dey observe naim sure pass.
If no be sky sports, no too trust these other sources.
#July1st
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 12:02pm On Jun 26, 2017
Segadem:
that's how we lost Petr Cech to arsenal and lost Courtois to injury few weeks later, and we all know what happened there after

Even if we lose Baka and Kante to injury,Chalobah dey,if we lose him,Ake dey........IF Ake get suspension,Luiz dey

(1) (2) (3) ... (3060) (3061) (3062) (3063) (3064) (3065) (3066) ... (19149) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.