Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,059 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3062) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10475375 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3059) (3060) (3061) (3062) (3063) (3064) (3065) ... (19134) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 7:29am On Jun 25, 2017
Griffon:

Look my friend, there are folks who have been following Chelsea long before you thought of getting yourself a Chelsea Jersey.

These folks run what you call Chelsea unofficial sites, these are pages where everything Chelsea related is presented before the chopping board.

These fellas don't clutch at straws, nah, they don't second guess, nah, they work with facts that are provided to them by trusted sources who work at the club. These folks aren't just writers but years long staunch fans of Chelsea who derive a great deal of Joy writing about the club's politicking and activities.

WAGH, Vital, ChelseaDaft etc are few Chelsea unofficial sites where the truth is spilled cold-blooded.

Daily Fail, Telegraph, Mirror, The Sun etc only write what they are presented with, then their is sensationalism too. You can't read these things all your life, believing you are better of than that fan who reads different stuffs about the club.

So go and get yourself a glass.

When I express my views about the club and what I think is going down in Cobham's upper room, take your time to do some research, not to upload hogwash.
I forgive you for your first paragraph..

However it doesn't change the fact that emenalo is the one that runs the club, or influence decisions against new coaches. I don't need to read hogwash from " unofficial " sites . I have sense and always knows how a hierarchy works..

PS: the same emenalo who have always been a "scape goat" when blame of the board arises, asked to resign during the second coming of mourinho. What happened ? The whole board rejected his request. Emenalo is a valuable assets in the club, that the boards know can't be replaceable.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 7:33am On Jun 25, 2017
Ibime:

Even if we sign Elderson Echiejile at this stage, I go happy.
grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 7:34am On Jun 25, 2017
airmark:

Where is that okemiri now? I admired that guy those years. The day i learnt he was playing with one eye, i couldnt believe it. Muri ogunbiyi was exciting too, sad he opted for benin rep.

If van dijk and sandro join, ake's chances of breaking diminish. I believe there must be a buy-back clause. I use him on pes, these days. cheesy

If we buy mahrez or insigne, then willian may force his exit. I dont think he will be happy playing sparsely. None of these guys coming will join chelsea, without assurance of regular play time.

I like insigne more..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 7:46am On Jun 25, 2017
bigkesh:

Are you done talking? Tell me DAYO are you done talking?

Matic don't wanna be my player no more
Nihilist will find a mod to ban u for this grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:43am On Jun 25, 2017
airmark:

Where is that okemiri now? I admired that guy those years. The day i learnt he was playing with one eye, i couldnt believe it. Muri ogunbiyi was exciting too, sad he opted for benin rep.

If van dijk and sandro join, ake's chances of breaking diminish. I believe there must be a buy-back clause. I use him on pes, these days. cheesy

If we buy mahrez or insigne, then willian may force his exit. I dont think he will be happy playing sparsely. None of these guys coming will join chelsea, without assurance of regular play time.

The last time I watched Okemmiri, he was representing Nigeria in a beach soccer tournament.

Ah! Muri Ogunbiyi...we call him Ururu. He used to be Enyimba's David Silva. I wonder where he is now..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 9:24am On Jun 25, 2017
TOP 10 FACTS ABOUT LACAZETTE

Top French marksman

The striker scored 28 Ligue 1 goals in 2016; the best total for a French forward in a single calendar year since Jean-Pierre Papin notched the same number in 1991. smiley

Clinical finisher

Lacazette held the highest chance conversion rate in Europe's top five leagues last season (38.9 per cent), beating RB Leipzig striker Timo Werner (34.4 per cent) and Monaco forward Radamel Falcao (33.9 per cent). shocked

European champion

He scored the winning goal in the 2010 European U19 Championship, heading home against Spain to seal a 2-1 victory for France. Current Arsenal midfielder Francis Coquelin was also in that French team. cheesy

Emirates experience

Less than 24 hours after the victory over Spain, Lacazette played in the Emirates Cup for Lyon, arriving 10 minutes before the warm-up and starting the match against Celtic.

Puel's prodigy

The France international came through the youth ranks at Lyon and was handed his debut by former Southampton manager Claude Puel.

Footballing family

His cousin Romuald Lacazette plays for 1860 Munich in Germany and his older brother played in the Swiss second division before moving into coaching.

Penalty box predator

Of his 28 Ligue 1 goals last season, just two came from outside the penalty area. grin

International goalscorer

Lacazette scored his only France goal to date in a 2-0 win over Denmark at the Stade Geoffroy-Guichard, home of Lyon's fierce rivals St Etienne.

Arsenal comparison

Lacazette scored 28 league goals last season, more than Olivier Giroud, Theo Walcott, Danny Welbeck and Lucas Perez combined. grin

In good company

Since the 2012/13 season, only nine forwards have scored more goals in Europe's top five leagues. They are Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Luis Suarez, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Robert Lewandowski, Edinson Cavani, Gonzalo Higuain, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Sergio Aguero. smiley

At the bolded names: as a striker if your name is not among the names listed there . lacazette is a better than you..

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11806/10926076/ten-facts-about-lyon-striker-alexandre-lacazette-amid-arsenal-interest

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:33am On Jun 25, 2017
airmark:

I sincerely doubt willian will be going anywhere soon since hazard is out injured.

Aspa Ake.....I believe he can be a starter for both EFL and FA cup matches.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 9:55am On Jun 25, 2017
None of the bolded names plays for France and he still couldn't break through

cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlord2(m): 9:58am On Jun 25, 2017
diggz:

I sincerely doubt willian will be going anywhere soon since hazard is out injured.

What efl and fa cup matches? If he is as talented as you all claim he should be replacing John Terry for _fucks sake? Is he not Eric baillys mate at 22? His mates are already doing 40 games plus a season.... Or na another hype man?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:10am On Jun 25, 2017
Funlord2:

What efl and fa cup matches? If he is as talented as you all claim he should be replacing John Terry for _fucks sake? Is he not Eric baillys mate at 22? His mates are already doing 40 games plus a season.... Or na another hype man?

I totally agree with you bro but,we ain't Conte. He will be the one to choose his starting 11 plus substitute for each game not us so,we have zero input or influence here.

Secondly with the two additions we are hoping to make defensively it will be extremely difficult not to restrict some players to efl and fa cup matches pending when injury or suspension comes up.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 12:21pm On Jun 25, 2017
lordfalcao:
I forgive you for your first paragraph..

However it doesn't change the fact that emenalo is the one that runs the club, or influence decisions against new coaches. I don't need to read hogwash from " unofficial " sites . I have sense and always knows how a hierarchy works..

PS: the same emenalo who have always been a "scape goat" when blame of the board arises, asked to resign during the second coming of mourinho. What happened ? The whole board rejected his request. Emenalo is a valuable assets in the club, that the boards know can't be replaceable.

I beg to differ at the bolded. You can't say emenalo is indispensable at Chelsea. What major achievement of note has he made at Chelsea?

That the board refused his resignation wasn't down to his supposed invincibility but the fact that the board had already lost 2 key board members that summer. Ron Gourlay and purslow. read below for better details.

I would just say emenalo must be a very good negotiator (sugar-coated tongue) and diplomat to have remained at the top for such a long period of time. Seriously how can you say he is indispensable? shocked

As griffon says, read between the lines and have better insight on issues.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/ron-gourlay-leaves-role-as-chelsea-chief-executive-9811225.html

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/12/19/7079409/christian-purslow-liverpool-fan-chelsea-executive
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 12:41pm On Jun 25, 2017
Norman
22 June 2017 at 10:46
Costa just HAS to go and Batshuayi may also depart, We need a proven quality replacement for Costa but there should be room for Traore. Now we're back in Europe we'll need three strikers to compete.

We always sell players before they're given a decent chance to prove themselves with us and, largely thanks to Emanalo, they're sold at the wrong price. £16m might seem a lot but just look at some of those we've offloaded at a "good price" recently and what they're valued at today. Lukaku, De Bruyne, Bertrand, Salah, Cudrado; and all with no sell on fee or buy back clause. How about we keep Traore and let Emanalo go on a free?.......

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:18pm On Jun 25, 2017
lordfalcao:
I like insigne more..

To me, he is ok but his finishing is a suspect.

timbros:

The last time I watched Okemmiri, he was representing Nigeria in a beach soccer tournament.

Ah! Muri Ogunbiyi...we call him Ururu. He used to be Enyimba's David Silva. I wonder where he is now..

You are right. There was one pint-sized attacker too that played like messi. He moved to sudan after shinning for a season then. I have forgotten his name. After the era of duke udi at shooting stars, enyimba was the next local team i followed, especially their continental matches. The millions kalu spent on them, pushed those guys to deliver.

diggz:

Willian wouldn't be happy sitting on the bench, as we approach world cup year. Bringing another massive winger is good for the team, but a bad signal for willian. Ake, restricted to efl and fa cup, is dangerous for his development at this stage.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 1:34pm On Jun 25, 2017
Una good afternoon for here o, abeg, shey we don sign any player at all?? cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 1:46pm On Jun 25, 2017
donjazet:

I beg to differ at the bolded. You can't say emenalo is indispensable at Chelsea. What major achievement of note has he made at Chelsea?

That the board refused his resignation wasn't down to his supposed invincibility but the fact that the board had already lost 2 key board members that summer. Ron Gourlay and purslow. read below for better details.

I would just say emenalo must be a very good negotiator (sugar-coated tongue) and diplomat to have remained at the top for such a long period of time. Seriously how can you say he is indispensable? shocked

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/ron-gourlay-leaves-role-as-chelsea-chief-executive-9811225.html

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/12/19/7079409/christian-purslow-liverpool-fan-chelsea-executive
my own stand and I will keep maintaining on that is, emenalo is not the one responsible if a deal breaks..

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2017/6/18/15825876/chelsea-scouting-and-player-recruitment-roles-explained-emenalo-granovskaia-others
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 2:02pm On Jun 25, 2017
airmark:

He plays for Abia warriors now with their last born, TONY.

The eyed was ruptured with a broom stick mistakenly by his immediate younger brother known s CHUCHU. A good footballer too.

Back then, we'll make a lil' hole through a tomato tin, insert a broom stick through it and pull it with an elastic material like rubber..then once it's released, the stick will hit the target, and the impact is always painful. This how he lost his eye

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 3:22pm On Jun 25, 2017
@ Nihilist

Person dey find you for barca thread ooo cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PDPGuy: 3:59pm On Jun 25, 2017
Wishing Cameroon all the best in their quest to beat Germany by 3 or more goals grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 4:06pm On Jun 25, 2017
donjazet:

Emenalo is a loyalist just like mikel. They can be told to go here or sit there and they obey without complain. This reason is the cause of their longevity in the team not that they are too good in what they do.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 4:09pm On Jun 25, 2017
hensben:
Emenalo is a loyalist just like mikel. They can be told to go here or sit there and they obey without complain. This reason is the cause of their longevity in the team not that they are too good in what they do.

I think so too. One can only hope Abrahamovic sees him for what he is and boots him out. His failure and incompetence is glaring for all to see
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 4:26pm On Jun 25, 2017
donjazet:

I think so too. One can only hope Abrahamovic sees him for what he is and boots him out. His failure and incompetence is glaring for all to see
Although I'm Nigerian but that guy need to be released of his job. He has coaching badge now right. Too many black players in our academy. This guys will just be bullying their mate physically instead of really improving technically.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 5:01pm On Jun 25, 2017
Emaprince:
He plays for Abia warriors now with their last born, TONY.

The eyed was ruptured with a broom stick mistakenly by his immediate younger brother known s CHUCHU. A good footballer too.

Back then, we'll make a lil' hole through a tomato tin, insert a broom stick through it and pull it with an elastic material like rubber..then once it's released, the stick will hit the target, and the impact is always painful. This how he lost his eye

Wow. Thats gross. There was a time i learnt he couldn't get signed abroad cos of his eye problem. He played lb comfortably. Ajibade was a bit stronger, but okemiri was more sleek.

PDPGuy:
Wishing Cameroon all the best in their quest to beat Germany by 3 or more goals grin

If they win by 2 goals, won't they be through?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 5:27pm On Jun 25, 2017
ALEX SANDRO!!!

WHEN HAZARD HEARD THE NEWS

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PDPGuy: 5:28pm On Jun 25, 2017
airmark:

If they win by 2 goals, won't they be through?

Their fate will then depend on the result between Chile and Australia
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 5:37pm On Jun 25, 2017
Most balanced LB in the world
Beat destroyer in the world
Eden Hazard
Van dijk

We are getting there

P.S- I am still quitting if we sell Ake

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 5:48pm On Jun 25, 2017
This guy might not be that bad

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AdisaOwala: 5:52pm On Jun 25, 2017
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by AdisaOwala: 5:55pm On Jun 25, 2017
airmark:

To me, he is ok but his finishing is a suspect.

You are right. There was one pint-sized attacker too that played like messi. He moved to sudan after shinning for a season then. I have forgotten his name. After the era of duke udi at shooting stars, enyimba was the next local team i followed, especially their continental matches. The millions kalu spent on them, pushed those guys to deliver.

Ndidi Anumunu, Joetex Frimpong, Emeka Ezenwa, Ajibade Omolade ( Enyimba's Azpilicueta grin), the late Romanus Orjinta etc.

I remember the 2004 2nd leg of the final in Cairo (Vs Ismaili) - Ezenwa (the lone striker) defended from the front for 90mins.

Like you rightly opined, Uzor Kalu's love for the club had no bounds that time - he was even willing to buy Ismaili's Dramane Traore (hottest CF in Africa then) cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 6:09pm On Jun 25, 2017
There is everything mentally wrong with whoever is signing players in cfc. How can we even break our record signing for a 26yr old almost 27yr old left back who may not guarantee us more than 4yrs of productive football?

He better wins us the champions league o....... if not,he will be joining the rest of the shady buys we have had to deal with as a club.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Diademk07: 6:18pm On Jun 25, 2017
bigkesh:
Lukaku and Bakayoko are already Chelsea players
VVD and Sandro almost done

One more marquee forward needed..............James?Mahrez? Insigne?

I would like Auba on the wings though

Auba isn't that good on the wing. He's far better as a striker. I prefer Insigne out of the three.. His style is kind of similar to David Silva but a better scorer.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlord2(m): 6:19pm On Jun 25, 2017
grin

Emenalo the don!

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 6:43pm On Jun 25, 2017
Funlord2:
grin

Emenalo the don!

Why you dey shine teeth for here? I hear say rashidi yekini and finidi George dey linked to your club tongue cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3059) (3060) (3061) (3062) (3063) (3064) (3065) ... (19134) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: tobiboss(m) and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.