Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,029 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3819) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10454506 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3816) (3817) (3818) (3819) (3820) (3821) (3822) ... (19126) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:14am On Oct 11, 2017
Nihilist:

Lol most of these guys were never even in the top 5 convo even in their era.

And in my opinion, the average rapper these days can out-rap all of these guys.

Not to talk of Eminem who was seen murdering a top 5 (consensus)rapper on his own shït as early as 99.

I think that the top 5 conversation needs to be revisited sha. The likes of Nas, Pac and Even my beloved Biggie can no longer command an undisputed place on that list because their legacy is fading fast.

Kids of today don't even listen to those guys, and I'll be surprised if my grandkids know who they were.

Jay-Z and Eminem are the only ones who have remained culturally and musically relevant over the years, and I think the likes of Drake and Kendrick are knocking on the door.

Personally think Drake deserves a top 5 place. He's this generations Eminem.

You have a right to your opinion so I won't fight it.

As long as rapping is concerned, "not singing" they can revisit it whenever they want to.... biggie and 2pac will still find their way into the list.

Drake reminds me too much of Nelly. I have mixed emotions about him so I will go with kendrick. They can be the chairmen of their generation, but won't smell my all time greatest top 5 rappers list.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 9:28am On Oct 11, 2017
"And any fan of mine who's a supporter of his, I'm drawing in sand a line, you're either for or against..." - Eminem The most important of the while thing.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 9:55am On Oct 11, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
The goalkeeper should win it
you right
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 9:57am On Oct 11, 2017
sod09:
you right

I thought you would support Oliver Giroud
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 10:05am On Oct 11, 2017
Elnino4ladies:

I thought you would support Oliver Giroud
grin
i want giroud to win though
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:17am On Oct 11, 2017
raumdeuter:

Douglas Costa 10 CL goals from open play

Kingsley Coman 2 CL goals from open play

Hidden Hazard 2 CL goals from open play

So you have an idea of the level of Hidden Hazard

Yes same level, they've all been ballon d'or's 8th best before. We will soon loan hazard out to swansea, like omo ologo renato.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Thecassanova: 10:20am On Oct 11, 2017
Elnino4ladies:
"And any fan of mine who's a supporter of his, I'm drawing in sand a line, you're either for or against..." - Eminem The most important of the while thing.
Just imagine these lines
"Cause you don't got the bleeping nuts like an empty asylum"

"Racism's the only thing he's fantastic for (fantastic 4) 'Cause that's how he gets his bleeping rocks off and he's orange"

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:21am On Oct 11, 2017
diggz:

As long as rapping is concerned, "not singing" they can revisit it whenever they want to.... biggie and 2pac will still find their way into the list.

Drake reminds me too much of Nelly. I have mixed emotions about him so I will go with kendrick. They can be the chairmen of their generation, but won't smell my all time greatest top 5 rappers list.

Lol @ singing

Bruv Biggie used to sing too. Remember Playa Hater? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:30am On Oct 11, 2017
diggz:

cheesy cheesy

Did you feel mase?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:32am On Oct 11, 2017
Nihilist:

Lol @ singing

Bruv Biggie used to sing too. Remember Playa Hater? grin

He sang in how many songs again? Even snoop dey sing too burr Drakes own is on another level. Imagine when future is listed as a rapper cheesy grin All this y2k rappers suppose dey list of r n b artist left to me.

Omo...maybe I am just too old school, burr the Drake I know is as much a rapper as Nelly, and I never considered Nelly to be a rapper to be sincere.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:35am On Oct 11, 2017
airmark:

cheesy cheesy

Did you feel mase?

Lol another singing nigga.

Horse and Carriage is a Drake hook song before Drake was even invented. Mase under bad boy was essentially Drake.

When you listen to a song like Drakes Worst Behaviour after reading Diggz post, you'll be wondering how Mase gets a pass while Drake doesn't... cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 10:36am On Oct 11, 2017
Thecassanova:
Just imagine these lines
"Cause you don't got the bleeping nuts like an empty asylum"

"Racism's the only thing he's fantastic for (fantastic 4) 'Cause that's how he gets his bleeping rocks off and he's orange"

Waiting to see what Donald Trump is going to do with his twitter fingers.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 10:38am On Oct 11, 2017
diggz:

He sang in how many songs again? Even snoop dey sing too burr Drakes own is on another level. Imagine when future is listed as a rapper cheesy grin All this y2k rappers suppose dey list of r n b artist left to me.

Omo...maybe I am just too old school, burr the Drake I know is as much a rapper as Nelly, and I never considered Nelly to be a rapper to be sincere.

grin grin Future is the future of trap music.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:38am On Oct 11, 2017
airmark:

cheesy cheesy

Did you feel mase?

I felt mase in a way sha I no go lie you. Dude brought something different to the game. He was fresh... cool cool

Meanwhile...... almost all the ladies back then was crushing on the boy badly grin dude fvcked up when he chose to leave the game.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:40am On Oct 11, 2017
diggz:

That's the thing- that old school sensibility. You remind me of one of my brothers that doesn't listen to any rap song after 2002 if he doesn't have to. That was his cut off.

Things done change - word to biggie. Drake now is bigger than any other rapper that ever was except Jigga and Slim Shady.

And he can give you any style - classic bars, RnB singing, diss track, afrobeat, jamo style, grime, Pop hooks etc...

The guy is the most versatile hiphop artiste out there since Eminem.

I can guarantee that by the time your kids come of age, he would solidified in the GOAT conversation. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:41am On Oct 11, 2017
Elnino4ladies:

Waiting to see what Donald Trump is going to do with his twitter fingers.

Lol....trust me, Eminem will be dealing with a new level of madness,i doubt he has faced any human as crasy as the president before cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dubylhover(m): 10:45am On Oct 11, 2017
diggz:

you're right bro,drake is one of the greatest artists of his generation,but if d subject is rap,then in this time he comes no where close to k.dot..Kendrick is on another level..he's a liberator of the mind like shakur..

I think most of these new school rappers lack d basic and understanding of what rap should mean..
notable mentions in this generation,j Cole.ab souls..logic

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 10:49am On Oct 11, 2017
diggz:

Lol....trust me, Eminem will be dealing with a new level of madness,i doubt he has faced any human as crasy as the president before cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:49am On Oct 11, 2017
dubylhover:

you're right bro,drake is one of the greatest artists of his generation,but if d subject is rap,then in this time he comes no where close to k.dot..Kendrick is on another level..he's a liberator of the mind like shakur..

I think most of these new school rappers lack d basic and understanding of what rap should mean..
notable mentions in this generation,j Cole.ab souls..logic

Because they do conscious rap? Is that definition of rap these days?

If skills sold, truth be told, I'd probably be lyrically Talib Kweli
Truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common Sense
But I did 5 mill I ain't been rhyming like Common since

- Words from a Top 5 don.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:51am On Oct 11, 2017
Where is Vanquay sef? Pattycake MrBleach etc.

I wan hear wetin him go talk for this convo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 10:56am On Oct 11, 2017
raumdeuter:

Schneiderlin cost as much as Renato, He is way older, and scored 1 goal in 2 full season

How many goals Lindelof don score for Man utd? Darmian nko? How many seasons he don spend how many goals?

Lets assemble a Man Utd flop 11 all bought within the past 4yrs

----------------Romero
--Darmian----Lindelof---Rojo--Shaw
--Schneiderlin--Schweinsteiger
-DiMaria---Mata--Depay
-----------Falcao

Romero, Rojo, and Mata flops? Give me some of those heroine you just got injected with, it must be highly inspirational.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dubylhover(m): 10:57am On Oct 11, 2017
Nihilist:

Because they do conscious rap? Is that definition of rap these days?

If skills sold, truth be told, I'd probably be lyrically Talib Kweli
Truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common Sense
But I did 5 mill I ain't been rhyming like Common since

- Words from a Top 5 don.

in a way,I'd guess I'm a bit biased cos I love conscious rap more..that's d thing with it,it never gets old..that's y if you look at the best rap albums of all time its mostly conscious like reasonable doubt,makavelli ,illmatic,et al..I'm not sure I'd love to listen to a drake song he did like 3 years ago,heck I wouldn't even want to listen to hotline bling now,the fact is that there would b more "drakes" in the future and his songs are often enjoyed in the moment,but with time it bores you,but a conscious rap music with a bit of good melody gets you everytime..

drake is very versatile and commercial and credit has to b given to him for packaging himself well,but music in the end balls down to individual preference,that's y I personally love Kendrick..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 10:58am On Oct 11, 2017
Nihilist:

That's the thing- that old school sensibility. You remind me of one of my brothers that doesn't listen to any rap song after 2002 if he doesn't have to. That was his cut off.

Things done change - word to biggie. Drake now is bigger than any other rapper that ever was except Jigga and Slim Shady.

And he can give you any style - classic bars, RnB singing, diss track, afrobeat, jamo style, grime, Pop hooks etc...

The guy is the most versatile hiphop artiste out there since Eminem.

I can guarantee that by the time your kids come of age, he would solidified in the GOAT conversation. cheesy

So so true....I literally struggle to listen to the rap songs these days. My collections are still deep into the 90's and early 2000.

Drake and co....will have their fame and share of being labelled as a goat in a particular generation no doubt but when they start talking about all time.....their fathers in the game, 2pac and biggie will always be mentioned first. These guys are the felas of afrobeats or Bob Marley of reggae music..they are legends personified, and won't be stepping aside in the list of greatest rappers for no Drake grin

Nihilist....these guys died over 2 decades ago but trust me...kids today still know their names and songs. And I am sure if you play a biggies song in a club today, peeps will still bounce to it.

I mean no disrespect to Drake but he can't be mentioned beside names like 2pac and biggie or said to be a bigger rapper than 2pac or biggie. No be singing we dey talk here.....we are talking about rapping and rappers bros.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 11:01am On Oct 11, 2017
raumdeuter:

Yes. the man that isnt even guaranteed a starting shirt after 3 seasons in the club

No guaranteed shirt for club or country

How can a player that started 9 games in 10 so far this season not guaranteed a shirt in his club? And Mata has never been guaranteed a shirt in Spain even when he was winning player of the season at Chelsea. Are you really typing this from a Pub this morning?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 11:04am On Oct 11, 2017
Nihilist:

Lol another singing nigga.

Horse and Carriage is a Drake hook song before Drake was even invented. Mase under bad boy was essentially Drake.

When you listen to a song like Drakes Worst Behaviour after reading Diggz post, you'll be wondering how Mase gets a pass while Drake doesn't... cheesy

Bros if you check the first list of rappers I listened to......lol was beside mase name. I didn't give him any pass bro,i only mentioned some of the rappers I listened to way back.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:07am On Oct 11, 2017
dubylhover:

in a way,I'd guess I'm a bit biased cos I love conscious rap more..that's d thing with it,it never gets old..that's y if you look at the best rap albums of all time its mostly conscious like reasonable doubt,makavelli ,illmatic,et al..I'm not sure I'd love to listen to a drake song he did like 3 years ago,heck I wouldn't even want to listen to hotline bling now,the fact is that there would b more "drakes" in the future and his songs are often enjoyed in the moment,but with time it bores you,but a conscious rap music with a bit of good melody gets you everytime..

drake is very versatile and commercial and credit has to b given to him for packaging himself well,but music in the end balls down to individual preference,that's y I personally love Kendrick..

I don't think reasonable doubt and illmatic are conscious albums.

Are they?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dubylhover(m): 11:15am On Oct 11, 2017
Nihilist:

I don't think reasonable doubt and illmatic are conscious albums.

Are they?

in a way,it depends on d level of consciousness attacvhed with it,whilst some might b so hardcore,others might b a bit reduced..reasonable doubt was a very decisive moment in jays life,if the album had failed he'd have become an el chapo full time..I guess I see the definition of "consciousness" in different light and perspective..to me it doesn't necessarily have to b about the struggle and oppression of the black race..once a good story is told and a struggle is seen,Id love it....
or mayb I'm just sick and tired of listening to this trap beats which these new school rappers just talk about drugs cash and hoes without really saying anything..hover said it."they all sound the same" can't even tell who's who..so mayb when I hear sumthing diff from the normal songs,it now becomes conscious to me..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 11:32am On Oct 11, 2017
Elnino4ladies:

grin grin Future is the future of trap music.
that mumu with wack songs angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 11:34am On Oct 11, 2017
dubylhover:

in a way,it depends on d level of consciousness attacvhed with it,whilst some might b so hardcore,others might b a bit reduced..reasonable doubt was a very decisive moment in jays life,if the album had failed he'd have become an el chapo full time..I guess I see the definition of "consciousness" in different light and perspective..to me it doesn't necessarily have to b about the struggle and oppression of the black race..once a good story is told and a struggle is seen,Id love it....
or mayb I'm just sick and tired of listening to this trap beats which these new school rappers just talk about drugs cash and hoes without really saying anything..hover said it."they all sound the same" can't even tell who's who..so mayb when I hear sumthing diff from the normal songs,it now becomes conscious to me..

You mean when you hear an actual rap song, and not the sing -rap songs right grin cheesy? I have given up on that....I just dey enjoy my reggae,dancehall and afro music dey go for now.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 11:34am On Oct 11, 2017
sod09:
that mumu with wack songs angry

Future is not wack bro.

NP mask off.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 11:35am On Oct 11, 2017
diggz:

So so true....I literally struggle to listen to the rap songs these days. My collections are still deep into the 90's and early 2000.

Drake and co....will have their fame and share of being labelled as a goat in a particular generation no doubt but when they start talking about all time.....their fathers in the game, 2pac and biggie will always be mentioned first. These guys are the felas of afrobeats or Bob Marley of reggae music..they are legends personified, and won't be stepping aside in the list of greatest rappers for no Drake grin

Nihilist....these guys died over 2 decades ago but trust me...kids today still know their names and songs. And I am sure if you play a biggies song in a club today, peeps will still bounce to it.

I mean no disrespect to Drake but he can't be mentioned beside names like 2pac and biggie or said to be a bigger rapper than 2pac or biggie. No be singing we dey talk here.....we are talking about rapping and rappers bros.

yeah... i still get high listening to emimen and tupac kiss kiss
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sod09(m): 11:36am On Oct 11, 2017
Elnino4ladies:

Future is not wack bro.

NP mask off.
iz da one a rapper shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (3816) (3817) (3818) (3819) (3820) (3821) (3822) ... (19126) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Trevor012(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.