Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,009 members, 7,953,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:11 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (596) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (11204328 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) ... (19943) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:47am On Sep 18, 2014
All these haters sef.. lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:50am On Sep 18, 2014
Dem find German formula for matheMATIC
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dawhizkid1(m): 7:06am On Sep 18, 2014
Ramires improved offensively this season, however his defensive side is poor. All these Matic talks won't hold if he took one for the team during that break away that led to Schalke's goal.

The whole team had changed this season, we're pressing high up the pitch. How many times was Terry Pressing player the other side of the half way line yesterday again? Compared to last season. Therefore we will always be vulnerable to counters. Also I've asked some Benfica fans and they say Matic always begin a season slow, so no surprise he is a little bit off his best. He will come good still.

Meanwhile Julian Drexler was on fire last night, big ups to the kid. Who else saw that sexy control on the half way line on one of their breakaways? Christ!

Forget Costa, Hazard and Cesc are made for each other.

P.S: Drogba is goooooooooooooooooone. Thank you King Didier, for everything, but just respect yourself and no play any other match abeg.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dawhizkid1(m): 7:27am On Sep 18, 2014
By the way, Felipe Luis is one awesome player. He offers so much offensively and he is still solid in defense. I'm not sure I saw a player beat him yesterday. Azpilicueta might use some bench time, no because he isn't solid, but I just think Luis offers so much more on that left hand side than him and Ivanovic is currently beasting on that right side.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 7:31am On Sep 18, 2014
Them boys went sleeping on an European night or they were just too comfortable. In any case, I expected to be fired up for Citeh!

DD shoulda won that game man but hey e-shaiiit happens. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Keky(m): 7:37am On Sep 18, 2014
Bimfo:

Dunce, He is having 'Fitness Issues'.. or dont you know what is called that??
C*NT
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 18, 2014
And just lastnite, Coogar had to admit that Costa is a beast - one we'd miss if injury comes calling. cheesy

It's one thing getting the services of a genius like Cesc, it's another thing showing your potency in front of goal.

Drogba made out nada from Cesc, Hazard and Willian's efforts lastnite. He was the team's focal point but eachtime an attack was initiated he would be right there to let everybody down. We created enough chances but converting 'em to goals was a big issue.

At a point, I remembered Torres - Yeah, Chelsea of yore cheesy

Snapping up Cesc wouldn't have had Nando scoring. The chances would be created and the impotent dud would still play out his profligacy on HD.

I never wanted to engage in the Cesc's influence & Costa's impact debate days back but watching Didier waste some clear-cut chances have got me talking.

Costa remains a beast and Torres a dud, It's not about the services provided.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 18, 2014
dawhizkid1: By the way, Felipe Luis is one awesome player. He offers so much offensively and he is still solid in defense. I'm not sure I saw a player beat him yesterday. Azpilicueta might use some bench time, no because he isn't solid, but I just think Luis offers so much more on that left hand side than him and Ivanovic is currently beasting on that right side.

So true.

Extra-width and solid defending are the goodies Luis brings to the pitch anytime he's called upon.

I don't see a reason why he shouldn't start in some games, he's that good.

Why didn't Cech feature lastnite? If he isn't starting against Citeh, I don't see why he'd sit out the Schalke game.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 9:22am On Sep 18, 2014
omo i bliv chelsea can do beta dis sun jare
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:59am On Sep 18, 2014
I'm loathe to beat a dead horse, but like I said earlier, Chelsea's supporting cast last season is not the same as this year's.

The impact of Fabregas has been profound....The service Costa is getting is nothing like what Torres got last year.
Jose Mourinho may not have enforced a major shift in his tactical style this season, but the signings he has made have enabled the team to play in the manner he has desired since returning to the club. Last season Chelsea simply didn't score enough goals, compared to their title rivals at least, but they have hit the ground running this time around. The main change that has allowed for top scorer Diego Costa to steal the headlines thus far has been the speed and incisiveness with which they move the ball in the final third.

Fabregas was the missing piece in Mourinho's puzzle last season. The Spaniard has six assists in just four games, which is just one shy of Eden Hazard's team-leading tally in the entire 2013/14 campaign. The Blues' pass accuracy in the final third has risen from 71.2% to 79.9% and they are creating more clear-cut chances. [size=18pt]Last season Chelsea created 49 clear-cut chances - as defined by Opta. That was level with Newcastle and just one ahead of bottom club Fulham.[/size] This season they've created ten already, which is second in the league to Arsenal. The Blues' at times toothless attack already seems a thing of the past.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 11:24am On Sep 18, 2014
Nihilist: I'm loathe to beat a dead horse, but like I said earlier, Chelsea's supporting cast last season is not the same as this year's.

The impact of Fabregas has been profound....The service Costa is getting is nothing like what Torres got last year.

hahahahahaha
that's a wicked blow for the anti-torres crew. i told them cesc has created 16 key passes already, with only 4 league games. i am sure it's a premier league record.

cesc is the magician here......
costa without cesc would have had the same pathetic creators of last season that had the same numbers as newcastle & only one more than fulham that got relegated.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 18, 2014
Nihilist: I'm loathe to beat a dead horse, but like I said earlier, Chelsea's supporting cast last season is not the same as this year's.

coogar:
hahahahahaha
that's a wicked blow for the anti-torres crew. i told them cesc has created 16 key passes already, with only 4 league games. i am sure it's a premier league record.
cesc is the magician here......
costa without cesc would have had the same pathetic creators of last season that had the same numbers as newcastle & only one more than fulham that got relegated.

AirborneLacer: Snapping up Cesc wouldn't have had Nando scoring. The chances would be created and the impotent dud would still play out his profligacy on HD.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:06pm On Sep 18, 2014
Simple question, when Mazacar were topping the assist charts, no be Chelsea dem dey play?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:14pm On Sep 18, 2014
YAWN!

I wonder why Arsenal strikers ain't topping the charts since they create most chances. Shït striker is shít striker.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:20pm On Sep 18, 2014
How many chances are required for a striker to prove how lethal he is?

Your goals conversion rate is what makes you a forward. If a team would create 4 clear-cut chances in a tight fixture and the focal point - the No9 keeps missing those chances, who's to be blamed at the end of the day?

Seize every chance you get, they make you look great - those are the words of my academy handler.

Against Swansea, Costa had five shots, all of which were on target. He's on a 91% shot accuracy this season and only one attempt has gone wide. His conversion rate of 63.6% is staggeringly high for a striker, due to the fact he has hit the target or scored with nearly every attempt - lethal defined.

Yet someone who racked up 20 league goals in 110 appearances, 45 in 172 in all competitions is begging for clear-cut chances.

Torres is done and that's it - Still doubting me? Lemme take you lot back to memory lane cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ4emd55Fp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSkeR6w6tuI

He would be remembered!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 18, 2014
Ibime: YAWN!

I wonder why Arsenal strikers ain't topping the charts since they create most chances. Shït striker is shít striker.

Giroud should be shitting on Shearer's record cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 1:29pm On Sep 18, 2014

Snapping up Cesc wouldn't have had Nando scoring. The chances would be created and the impotent dud would still play out his profligacy on HD.

and yet he has 2 golden boots from international tournaments while playing with brilliant midfielders.

admit it, chelsea have paraded wack midfielders until cesc arrived - this is why you only have one league title in 8 seasons. should we blame torres for your barrenness in the league too?

torres is dud!
sheva is dud!
kezman is dud!
demba ba is dud!
pizarro is dud!
crespo is dud!
even drogba wasn't prolific throughout - there were several seasons drogba was outscored by lampard

and yet we should blame torres? grin cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 18, 2014
coogar:

and yet he has 2 golden boots from international tournaments while playing with brilliant midfielders.

admit it, chelsea have paraded wack midfielders until cesc arrived - this is why you only have one league title in 8 seasons. should we blame torres for your barrenness in the league too?

torres is dud!
sheva is dud!
kezman is dud!
demba ba is dud!
pizarro is dud!
crespo is dud!
even drogba wasn't prolific throughout - there were several seasons drogba was outscored by lampard

and yet we should blame torres? grin cheesy

Where's Costa on that list? cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 1:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
Airbornelacer,

Like I said before, I'm not excusing Torres at all, but at the same time, surely it is obvious that the midfield last season share some of the blame?

Suarez scored 31 league goals last season, yet for all his goal scoring heroics, Luis only had 44.7% shot accuracy and a conversion rate of only 17.1%

This tells you that the chances of scoring are low anyway, and the midfield must constantly create chances.

I remember nateevs bemoaning our over reliance on Hazard last season....Now Fab has come to relieve him of playmaker duties, and it's freed up the attack a lot more mehn...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 1:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Where's Costa on that list? cheesy

he's only been here a minute......
what's to say he might even score 12 goals this season. if cesc gets crocked & costa is toast. didn't he lead spain to doom in the summer?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:58pm On Sep 18, 2014
Nihilist: Airbornelacer,

Like I said before, I'm not excusing Torres at all, but at the same time, surely it is obvious that the midfield last season share some of the blame?

Suarez scored 31 league goals last season, yet for all his goal scoring heroics, Luis only had 44.7% shot accuracy and a conversion rate of only 17.1%

This tells you that the chances of scoring are low anyway, and the midfield must constantly create chances.

I remember nateevs bemoaning our over reliance on Hazard last season....Now Fab has come to relieve him of playmaker duties, and it's freed up the attack a lot more mehn...

in 2012/2013 season. Torres was the sole striker for over half the season

Mata topped the league with 12 assists, followed by Hazard with 11 assists

With these 23 assists between them,

Torres the main striker, played 36 league games total over 2500 minutes on the field and scored 8 freaking goals!!!!!!!!

Nigga I cant divide

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:01pm On Sep 18, 2014
raumdeuter:

in 2012/2013 season. Torres was the sole striker for over half the season

Mata topped the league with 12 assists, followed by Hazard with 11 assists

With these 23 assists between them,

Torres the main striker, played 36 league games total over 2500 minutes on the field and scored 8 freaking goals!!!!!!!!

Nigga I cant divide

If 17.1% of all his shots = 31 goals, how many chances did Luis Suarez squander?

Be there forming Jay-Z....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:04pm On Sep 18, 2014
Nihilist:

If 17.1% of all his shots = 31 goals, how many chances did Luis Suarez squander?

Key question was his midfielders topped the assist charts which means they were very creative.

How did Torres end with a measly 8 goals playing behind such creative players
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 3:37pm On Sep 18, 2014
Nihilist:

dayo is an illiterate.....
all they see is suarez scoring 31 league goals, they are too lazy-minded to check the underlying factors. suarez copped 182 shots last season - 70 more shots than the nearest striker to him....this same suarez was suspended in his first 5 league games...

i wonder how many goals i would score if i had people creating chances for me to take 182 shots at my opponent's goal. how won't suarez score 31 goals? he's not even clinical enough. he should be scoring 50 league goals with that amount of shots he had.

raumdeuter:
Key question was his midfielders topped the assist charts which means they were very creative.
How did Torres end with a measly 8 goals playing behind such creative players

your stüpidity on these pages continue to descend at levels beyond crude oil deposits. so the fact that chelsea midfielders were topping assist charts mean torres was wasteful? hazard tries to dribble kompany in the box, kompany fouls hazard & the ref blows for a penalty.

lampard takes the penalty & scores, hazard gets the assist - by dayokanu's village reasoning - torres is wasteful in this scenario. cheesy grin may your creator open your spiritual eyes. i am not sure i have met anyone as daft as you when analysing european football.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:57pm On Sep 18, 2014
coogar:

dayo is an illiterate.....
all they see is suarez scoring 31 league goals, they are too lazy-minded to check the underlying factors. suarez copped 182 shots last season - 70 more shots than the nearest striker to him....this same suarez was suspended in his first 5 league games...

i wonder how many goals i would score if i had people creating chances for me to take 182 shots at my opponent's goal. how won't suarez score 31 goals? he's not even clinical enough. he should be scoring 50 league goals with that amount of shots he had.

I honestly just tire for Dayo sometimes...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:25pm On Sep 18, 2014
The 23 assists that Mata and Hazard created among them was from falling in the box fr penalties.

How many penalties did Chelsea score in 2012/2013

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 4:39pm On Sep 18, 2014
raumdeuter: The 23 assists that Mata and Hazard created among them was from falling in the box fr penalties.

How many penalties did Chelsea score in 2012/2013

chelsea were awarded 11 league penalties in 12/13, they scored 9 of them. we have not even discussed goals from corner-kicks, indirect freekicks and crossed freekicks in that your 23 assists.

out of costa's 7 league goals, which of them is directly from a corner kick, crossed freekick or an indirect freekick? cheesy grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by xp17(m): 4:39pm On Sep 18, 2014
coogar:

grin cheesy
golden boots in what game?

a group where you have Italy, Croatia and rep of Ireland, you scored 2 goals against Ireland ,which is the most susceptible team in the group.

or the goal he scored against Italy in the final? when italy were 2 goals down and one man down (tiango motal was injured when Italy already made her final changes)
even Juan Mata that played less than 11mins was able to get a ball behind the net.

confederation cup.
is it the 4goals he scored against Tahiti?
when even an half bake striker like Nnamdi oduamadi of super eagles was able to get an easy hatrick against or an average Uruguay Abel Hernandez , who was able to even tores' goals against same poorly rated Tahiti.

with all the chances tores got against Tahiti, where he was feed like a baby with prolific passes, he could have conveniently score more than 10 goals. I can still recall, he missed more than 5 one on one in that match.
or is it the goal he scored against Nigeria? when we were already a goal down from Jodi alba.

golden boots my a'ss!

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 4:47pm On Sep 18, 2014
xp17: golden boots in what game?

a group where you have Italy, Croatia and rep of Ireland, you scored 2 goals against Ireland ,which is the most susceptible team in the group.

or the goal he scored against Italy in the final? when italy where 2 goals down and one man down (tiango moral was injured when Italy already made her final changes)
even Juan Mata that played less than 11mins was able to get a ball behind the net.

who assisted mata to get that goal? grin
then again, the issue of the quality of teams torres scored against or whatever is a weak excuse. there was ronaldo, rooney, mario gomez, mandzukic, muller, etc in that tournament - how come they couldn't score more than torres?

ronaldo & balotelli spent more than twice the number of minutes torres had on the pitch & yet nando still contributed more than them. oga, you have no point.

confederation cup.
is it the 4goals he scored against Tahiti?
when even an half bake striker like Nnamdi oduamadi was able to get an each hatrick against or an average Uruguay Abel Hernandez was able to even tores' goals

with all the chances tores got against Tahiti, he could conveniently score more than 10 goals. I can still recall, he missed more than 5 one on one in that match.
or is it the goal he scored against Nigeria? when we were already a goal down from Jodi alba.

golden boots my a'ss!

my friend, you can only score against what is put before you. other strikers had the chance of scoring against small teams too, where were they? nnamdi odumadi should have scored 6 goals against tahiti to win the golden boot. don't tell us what could have been - history has it that torres won 2 golden boots for his country......

let costa manage that first before you start shouting.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by xp17(m): 5:14pm On Sep 18, 2014
coogar:

who assisted mata to get that goal? grin
then again, the issue of the quality of teams torres scored against or whatever is a weak excuse. there was ronaldo, rooney, mario gomez, mandzukic, muller, etc in that tournament - how come they couldn't score more than torres?
let me remove the fat boy, Rooney from that list and talk about real strikers, although he managed to score a goal against Ukraine

ronaldo:

he played against Denmark, Netherland and Germany . you don't expect too much from a striker in that group, all credits would rather go to the defence. better defence always wins big matches. Ronaldo was still able to get 2 goals behind the net against the Dutch side, against all odds and one against cech rep, which makes him even with tores.

Gomez:
even in a group of death, he still scored same as tores . like CR7, he scored 2 goals against the Dutch side and one against the Portuguese. isn't that okay for a decent striker?

Muller: he is a world cup materia

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 5:18pm On Sep 18, 2014
xp17: let me remove the fat boy, Rooney from that list and talk about real strikers, although he managed to score a goal against Ukraine

ronaldo:

he played against Croatia, Netherland and Germany . you don't expect too much from a striker in that group, all credits would rather go to the defence. better defence always wins big matches. Ronaldo was still able to get 2 goals behind the net against the Dutch side, against all odds and one against cech rep, which makes him even with tores.

Gomez:
even in a group of death, he still scored same as tores . like CR7, he scored 2 goals against the Dutch side and one against the Portuguese. isn't that okay for a decent striker?

Muller: he is a world cup materia

so croatia, germany & holland were so good & yet they didn't make it to the final. torres scored against the same italian side that destroyed germany completely.

you are saying gomez scored as many as torres. how many minutes did it take torres to score 3 goals? how many did it take torres? if torres had played 480 mins - how many goals do you think he would have scored? 3 goals? grin

i reiterate, your excuses are weak!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 18, 2014
Nihilist: Airbornelacer,

I'm not arguing this - believe me.

Fact is, I've heard and seen enough of Nando's horrendous displays to try and make an excuse for him. Not in this life.

When it was obvious that the midfield weren't delivering enough of those clear-cut chances, what really stopped Nando from capitalizing on the minimal chances he got?

I Judge a good forward by his goals conversion rate. If a forward would wish for clear-cut chances every minute of the game then he's better off playing Video Games - It's feasible there.

Torres lost his finishing touch the day he stepped out of Anfield and the only two people who can offer it back to him are God and the World's best Psychologist.

It's not a case for Cesc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) ... (19943) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: spillo1, StarchAndBanga, efec(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.