Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,911 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (601) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10514916 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (19152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:15pm On Sep 20, 2014
Dhellake: FT :: West Ham 3 - 1 Liverpool

There was one journalist who said "every club that signs Balotelli throw a big party when he signs. . . then they throw an even bigger party when he leaves,"

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 8:17pm On Sep 20, 2014
1: I will lock up this thread for 2days so as not to read these baseless arguments.....
angry
2: Any further insult will warrant a lengthen ban

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:21pm On Sep 20, 2014
Ibime:

There was one journalist who said "every club that signs Balotelli throw a big party when he signs. . . then they throw an even bigger party when he leaves,"

Hehehehehe....I fear for Liverpool this season. This one wey dem dey dash three points left right and center so,I shall hope dey will also help us with three points when we get to face dem.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhellake: 8:22pm On Sep 20, 2014
Ibime:

That journalist must be a Milan fan
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dhellake: 8:27pm On Sep 20, 2014
Now i think Jamie Caragher and Owen should worry more about Liverpool and leave Assnal alone

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by tobiboss(m): 8:56pm On Sep 20, 2014
pls what time do we face man city 2mrw??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 8:58pm On Sep 20, 2014
tobiboss: pls what time do we face man city 2mrw??

4pm

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by tobiboss(m): 9:06pm On Sep 20, 2014
chelseabmw:

4pm
thanks, i hope we win
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nitlad: 9:17pm On Sep 20, 2014
chelseabmw: 1: I will lock up this thread for 2days so as not to read these baseless arguments.....
angry
2: Any further insult will warrant a lengthen ban

Oga cool down jare. . .

When you begin mod this section sef? undecided

Abeg free ninjas make ninjas brawl jor.

Chamo, Ogbeche, Muki et al don give free pass. . . You think they call this section Deathly Hallows for nothing? tongue

Verbal and intellectual lilliputians are murked for fun here. Na wetin dey make this section bubble be dat. tongue grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:22pm On Sep 20, 2014
nitlad:

Oga cool down jare. . .

When you begin mod this section sef? undecided

Abeg free ninjas make ninjas brawl jor.

Chamo, Ogbeche, Muki et al don give free pass. . . You think they call this section Deathly Hallows for nothing? tongue

Verbal and intellectual lilliputians are murked for fun here. Na wetin dey make this section bubble be dat. tongue grin

Lwkmd...... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 20, 2014
If I read all those Manure fans comment, make I die.. A wise Man said, "Argue with a Foolish man, and he is going to bring you down to his level and defeat you.. cheesy Chelsea fans, U get time ooo..

Once again, I am waiting for October 25, and I am chilling with my Tea..

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 9:25pm On Sep 20, 2014
haaaa Diggz reminds me of George Foreman he packs a mean punch but seems to lack the stamina for long bouts.
Coogar is more of a slugger in the Larry Holmes mode.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 9:31pm On Sep 20, 2014
ifahear say i read the last 4 pages, uselessness ....i dont see how you guys hail it as activity on the thread when all that is been done is show of stupidity and lack of home training...smh

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 9:54pm On Sep 20, 2014
afrodoc2:
haaaa Diggz reminds me of George Foreman he packs a mean punch but seems to lack the stamina for long bouts.
Coogar is more of a slugger in the Larry Holmes mode.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 20, 2014
coogar:

incëst is so embedded in your genetic code, even your white blood cells want to fück the red blood cells.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 10:14pm On Sep 20, 2014
coogar:
you are not a man - you should donate your testiclës, you inscrutable leprechaun!

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by tonididdy(m): 11:05pm On Sep 20, 2014
Am a cfc fan and without sentiments btw the brawl btw unitedz coogar and cfcs diggs...I will never wish to get in an e~fight with cooger, indeed he's a devil.

Like who says this ”what's more?
your placenta & your umbilical cord were part of the delicacies served on the day of your christening......there was no way they were going to let that go to waste when there was no money to even provide ordinary chicken for the guests.”

I found myself laffing hard...diggz u try,I could never in my life chalenge a dude like coogar in a war of wordx
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by tonididdy(m): 11:09pm On Sep 20, 2014
[quote author=papiforreal][/quote]nna that cooger guy fit be druggie...he's words are atomic
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:05am On Sep 21, 2014
tonididdy: Am a cfc fan and without sentiments btw the brawl btw unitedz coogar and cfcs diggs...I will never wish to get in an e~fight with cooger, indeed he's a devil.

Like who says this ”what's more?
your placenta & your umbilical cord were part of the delicacies served on the day of your christening......there was no way they were going to let that go to waste when there was no money to even provide ordinary chicken for the guests.”

I found myself laffing hard...diggz u try,I could never in my life chalenge a dude like coogar in a war of wordx
heheheheheh that coogar guy must be a warior grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dare2think: 12:13am On Sep 21, 2014
mithel: ifahear say i read the last 4 pages, uselessness ....i dont see how you guys hail it as activity on the thread when all that is been done is show of stupidity and lack of home training...smh

I mean seriously!!!

People are actually encouraging it as well
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by xp17(m): 12:19am On Sep 21, 2014
Nihilist:

So CR7 is better than Musa?
no, he's not better than musa, but he's 'greater' than musa. unlike Ronaldo, we all know musa to be a better person, character wise. he never complains when you give him a hard tackle, he would even tell you sorry ontop the wahala. he's nice

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:49am On Sep 21, 2014
[size=50pt]MATCH DAY!!![/size]
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chelseabmw(m): 6:13am On Sep 21, 2014
mithel: ifahear say i read the last 4 pages, uselessness ....i dont see how you guys hail it as activity on the thread when all that is been done is show of stupidity and lack of home training...smh

100 Likes

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 7:18am On Sep 21, 2014
What's the use comparing Di Maria and Hazard? Di Maria is 26. He's had more years to do what he does.

--------------------------------------------

I really wish JM can stop the use of Azpilicueta on the left and play a proper left back. While Cesar is solid on the left, the tactic totally removes any sort of supporting attack on the left flank. There's no LB working the left flank with serious pace, dangerous crosses and goal threats. This means Hazard has to do it all on his own. Constantly marked out by 3 players, with little or no attacking support, reduces his overall influence on the game. If we gave teams another outlet of attack to worry about on the left, Hazard will be even more dangerous and consequently, more prolific.

When people argue about Hazard, always remember this important factor. Not even Coogar can claim Young/Nani could have been as effective if they didn't have an Evra bombing down the left at intervals.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:03am On Sep 21, 2014
nateevs: What's the use comparing Di Maria and Hazard? Di Maria is 26. He's had more years to do what he does.

I really wish JM can stop the use of Azpilicueta on the left and play a proper left back. While Cesar is solid on the left, the tactic totally removes any sort of supporting attack on the left flank. There's no LB working the left flank with serious pace, dangerous crosses and goal threats. This means Hazard has to do it all on his own. Constantly marked out by 3 players, with little or no attacking support, reduces his overall influence on the game. If we gave teams another outlet of attack to worry about on the left, Hazard will be even more dangerous and consequently, more prolific.

When people argue about Hazard, always remember this important factor. Not even Coogar can claim Young/Nani could have been as effective if they didn't have an Evra bombing down the left at intervals.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:31am On Sep 21, 2014
FBS: Them boys went sleeping on an European night or they were just too comfortable. In any case, I expected to be fired up for Citeh!

DD shoulda won that game man but hey e-shaiiit happens. cheesy

No way. When you show up?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 21, 2014
nateevs: What's the use comparing Di Maria and Hazard? Di Maria is 26. He's had more years to do what he does.

Expect some dimwits to bring up the stats grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Olaone1: 9:40am On Sep 21, 2014
Ariya in here tonight. No shaking. Chelsea will lose na ni
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:14am On Sep 21, 2014

Sir Nateevs, I have to disagree with this.

Hazard loves to cut in....The very nature of his play dictates that he leaves the relatively free areas of the byline and move into central areas where the centrebacks and Defensive midfielders are waiting for him. A bombing full back is still occupied by the opposing fullbacks/wingers that Hazard already ran away from, and Hazard is still being marked by the people he ran to meet.

So I dont see how changing the fullback would necessarily improve Hazard's numbers...Infact,I would argue that a defensively solid FB like cesar is sorely needed...With Branislave bombing forward on the right, and Matic roaming and not sitting, It is very important to maintain the defensive balance

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:50am On Sep 21, 2014
Nihilist:

Sir Nateevs, I have to disagree with this.

Hazard loves to cut in....The very nature of his play dictates that he leaves the relatively free areas of the byline and move into central areas where the centrebacks and Defensive midfielders are waiting for him. A bombing full back is still occupied by the opposing fullbacks/wingers that Hazard already ran away from, and Hazard is still being marked by the people he ran to meet.

So I dont see how changing the fullback would necessarily improve Hazard's numbers...Infact,I would argue that a defensively solid FB like cesar is sorely needed...With Branislave bombing forward on the right, and Matic roaming and not sitting, It is very important to maintain the defensive balance

Much of what you have described will be the chracter of an unintelligent player. Hazard is the sort of player who can drag play wherever he wants to. I don't even need videos to show this. A Chelsea LB working the flanks doesn't mean opposing full backs are only occupied with presence. It also means our overlapping LB is available to receive play. And no other player aside Fab, possesses more intelligence to find a full back who has/attempts to run beyond.

The fact that he cuts in does not matter. What matters is that if the overlapping LB continues his run, Hazard knows this and with the size of the trickery, pace, speed of thought and wit in his arsenal, he can always work the ball back left and lace a key pass that leads to a final pass/cross towards goal by the LB.

The key is Hazard influencing play. Key passes, mere involvement etc all count. It could as well be a return pass by the overlapping LB to Hazard who then shoots or passes.

Hazard is not Salah who tries beat everyone in his path without sense. I don't think it is fair to accuse of deliberately working play into a crowded area when he is the most intelligent Chelsea player who 'always' drags play into space.

----------

Re: Balance. Ivanovic and the LB do not have to attack at the same time. If they attack in turns, balance can be ensured by intelligent positional defensive play of DMs in a 4-2-3-1 and CMs in a 4-3-3.

Plus Azpilicueta playing on the LB is not a tactic. It's just a necessity because he is solid. I do not suppose Jose will play Cesar in front of Ashley Cole in his prime.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:21am On Sep 21, 2014
nateevs:

Much of what you have described will be the chracter of an unintelligent player. Hazard is the sort of player who can drag play wherever he wants to. I don't even need videos to show this. A Chelsea LB working the flanks doesn't mean opposing full backs are only occupied with presence. It also means our overlapping LB is available to receive play. And no other player aside Fab, possesses more intelligence to find a full back who has/attempts to run beyond.

The fact that he cuts in does not matter. What matters is that if the overlapping LB continues his run, Hazard knows this and with the size of the trickery, pace, speed of thought and wit in his arsenal, he can always work the ball back left and lace a key pass that leads to a final pass/cross towards goal by the LB.

The key is Hazard influencing play. Key passes, mere involvement etc all count. It could as well be a return pass by the overlapping LB to Hazard who then shoots or passes.

Hazard is not Salah who tries beat everyone in his path without sense. I don't think it is fair to accuse of deliberately working play into a crowded area when he is the most intelligent Chelsea player who 'always' drags play into space.

----------

Re: Balance. Ivanovic and the LB do not have to attack at the same time. If they attack in turns, balance can be ensured by intelligent positional defensive play of DMs in a 4-2-3-1 and CMs in a 4-3-3.

Plus Azpilicueta playing on the LB is not a tactic. It's just a necessity because he is solid. I do not suppose Jose will play Cesar in front of Ashley Cole in his prime.

This is at odds with your original statement which was:
If we gave teams another outlet of attack to worry about on the left, Hazard will be even more dangerous and consequently, more prolific.

Now you are talking about goal involvement. Goal involvement implies team play, and if that's what your talking about then of course I agree.
But talking about individual numbers, now that's a different scenario altogether

Like I said before, I don't see how an attacking full back would necessarily improve Hazard's numbers. Because at the end of the day, Hazard is moving from the free space of the wide areas into the heavily marked central areas. Many teams play narrow and cede possession on the flanks anyway. Why is Schurrle not prolific with Ivanovic on that right flank?

Ultimately, I believe the most prolific wingers are prolific due to talent and not really because of formation. Robben, Bale, Ronaldo dont need fullbacks to provide attacking width or what not. Infact Robben's game is so predictable when he cuts in to shoot, but he's so skillful at it that defenders just cant stop him.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nitlad: 11:40am On Sep 21, 2014
With the gung-ho football we're playing, I'm not sure I would sacrifice Azpi's defensive solidity for Filipe's better attacking forays. We are more than well catered for attacking-wise to drop an important piece at the back if we want to improve on our shaky/leaky defence.

My own be say make JM shar instruct Matic to sit! It won't be long before we get blown away 5 - 3, 6 - 4 or other tennis scores by an on-song opposition attack if we don't buck this ugly trend of shipping goals à la Arsenal.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (19152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Segedinho(m), andrewbaba44, Vischy, chidekings(m), Shegzdave and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.