Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2002) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10429236 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1999) (2000) (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) ... (19107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 10:52pm On Jun 13, 2016
sleekdot:

You mean they cant perform vs top side, Hidden Pius Ikedia is waiting for Ireland and Sweden before he can perform? WHat a sham

Most important stat, their team won

How did ur De bryune fare tonight.?
Didnt u see how unlucky they were in front of goal, they had more possession, they created more chance.....Lukaku and Fellaini ruined it for them.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sleekdot(m): 10:54pm On Jun 13, 2016
Chelseafan1:
How did ur De bryune fare tonight.?
Didnt u see how unlucky they were in front of goal, they had more possession, they created more chance.....Lukaku and Fellaini ruined it for them.

Debruyne created that chance for Lukaku which he wasted

Even he is getting tainted by the EPL game slowly compare this to when he was in the Bundesliga
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:54pm On Jun 13, 2016
Bonnuci though

That guy can see your future. General overseer.

I don't know ifconte can replicate that counter attacking formation at Chelsea though.

We don't have that libero type defenderived with the eyes and feet to spot and ping those balls. Eric Dier and Vertoghne are two epl CBS who I know can do that. Maybe Emre Can

They say Stones is in that category too, but I've only seen him play nonsense so I don't know

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 10:57pm On Jun 13, 2016
Conte will do nothing without proper buys
Italy have Chellini and Bonucci,we have Iva and Cahill
They have De Rossi,we have Matic

Abeg I won't mind any of Carrasco,Mertens and Candreva
All better than Willian and Pedro
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 11:02pm On Jun 13, 2016
sleekdot:

No be Lawyer things na sure certain say any team with a bulk of players in the EPL can never do well in major competition

Now you don move away from English team to any team with a bulk of players in the EPL can never do well in a major competition. cheesy cheesy

I hail bros.

Meanwhile, why you no gree gimme info aspa coogs? I see as u read and ignore my post for ur thread even though I purposely accuse u to find ur mouth. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 11:07pm On Jun 13, 2016
Nihilist:
Bonnuci though

I don't know ifconte can replicate that counter attacking formation at Chelsea though.

We don't have that libero type defenderived with the eyes and feet to spot and ping those balls. Eric Dier and Vertoghne are two epl CBS who I know can do that. Maybe Emre Can

They say Stones is in that category too, but I've only seen him play nonsense so I don't know
This kinda game is what we should be expecting in our big games under Conte
Baba said he doesn't play on the counter,even if he does we will be trying to break down our opponents in 70% of our games
I will love to see Italy play against Sweden,a game where they will have to hold the ball and dictate things

I remember we had that problem in 13/14 season losing to teams like Sunderland and Norwich and clearing all the big games

John stones is rubbish,in everything!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sleekdot(m): 11:08pm On Jun 13, 2016
diggz:

Now you don move away from English team to any team with a bulk of players in the EPL can never do well in a major competition. cheesy cheesy

I hail bros.

Meanwhile, why you no gree gimme info aspa coogs? I see as u read and ignore my post for ur thread even though I purposely accuse u to find ur mouth. cheesy

I no know much about the case, Just check the thread that was opened. Na London people wahala
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 11:08pm On Jun 13, 2016
Nihilist:
Bonnuci though

Classic Bonucci. He was the best defender in serie A last season. He and Chiellini must be cursing their luck to have been born italians.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 11:10pm On Jun 13, 2016
Nihilist:
Naingollan can't pass to save his life.

Witsel = Mikel in a blonde wig.

Too early to decide from one game, but that's what it looked like to me.

Lukaku played rubbish today.

I disagree. Witsel was absolutely immense for Belgium intercepting and breaking up play at crucial moments in midfield for Belgium. Plus he started play from deep and his forward play was very good t watch.

Wilmots is the ididot who was trying to fit in names when he should have started with a Witsel Dembele midfield. I am surprised you came to this conclusion. And while Niangollan may not have been the pick of the night, he put himself about and I didn't see any passing deficiency.

Talking about passing deficiency and very amateurish first touch by the way, I am surprised you haven't said anything about Lukaku yet. And no, this is not a one-night occurrence, this is Lukaku on the big stage, every time.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 11:11pm On Jun 13, 2016
Nihilist:
Bonnuci though

Conte won't do shyyyte with the present squad. He will need to get two pacy,ball confident ball playing cbs,two central midfielders and a striker who is more interested in playing soccer than fighting.

If not, Oyo na we name I no go lie you.

Also, this Italian squad defines my general idea of a team and the kind of players it should be mostly made of,no be to carry names full everywhere like England(useless) and Belgium,just to play rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 11:11pm On Jun 13, 2016
Nihilist:
Naingollan can't pass to save his life.

Witsel = Mikel in a blonde wig.

Too early to decide from one game, but that's what it looked like to me.

Lukaku played rubbish today.

I disagree. Witsel was absolutely immense for Belgium intercepting and breaking up play at crucial moments in midfield for Belgium. Plus he started play from deep and his forward play was very good t watch.

Wilmots is the ididot who was trying to fit in names when he should have started with a Witsel Dembele midfield. I am surprised you came to this conclusion. And while Niangollan may not have been the pick of the night, he put himself about and I didn't see any passing deficiency.

Talking about passing deficiency and very amateurish first touch by the way, I am surprised you haven't commented on Lukaku's technique yet. And no, this is not a one-night occurrence, this is Lukaku on the big stage, every time.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 11:20pm On Jun 13, 2016
sleekdot:

I no know much about the case, Just check the thread that was opened. Na London people wahala

Burr the bae dey relate with you like say she be ur paddy na?

Anyways, ran into the thread today and was surprised about the entire shiiiiiii. I no even need extra info bcuz i don gada the little I can already. I just wan look for trouble naim mk me call u join before.

Nl sha....... cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 11:29pm On Jun 13, 2016
Chelseafan1:

cheesy cheesy cheesy I came late, good thing they've made up, Dmcdad won't see this one now o, later na Chelseafan1 e go dey yab sadsadsadsmiley
lols....u sabi find trouble na...

#teamConte
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 11:30pm On Jun 13, 2016
nateevs:

Talking about passing deficiency and very amateurish first touch by the way, I am surprised you haven't commented on Lukaku's technique yet. And no, this is not a one-night occurrence, this is Lukaku on the big stage, every time.

Nateevs you are wasting your time if na Nihilist you dey wait to catch. Nihilist love for lukaku could almost be compared to elamps love for Rooney.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 11:31pm On Jun 13, 2016
Chelseafan1:

This Italy team with that road-block defence wud easily top that group.
I like the fact that they are the dark horses. they don't have a lot to worry about, they should keep doing it like this and probably get to the semi's
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 11:40pm On Jun 13, 2016
diggz:

Conte won't do shyyyte with the present squad. He will need to get two pacy,ball confident ball playing cbs,two central midfielders and a striker who is more interested in playing soccer than fighting..
these ones will cost 100m+ and I don't see him getting the money.... he might be getting one CB, One CM and one ST.

with our current squad..

Cahill/Iva -zouma- Terry

Iva- willian- fab- matic -Azp

costa- hazard/Pedro
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 11:42pm On Jun 13, 2016
Nihilist:
Bonnuci though

conte don't play on the counter...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 12:07am On Jun 14, 2016
lordfalcao:
these ones will cost 100m+ and I don't see him getting the money.... he might be getting one CB, One CM and one ST.

with our current squad..

Cahill/Iva -zouma- Terry

Iva- willian- fab- matic -Azp

costa- hazard/Pedro

Not necessarily bro. Especially if he doesn't go out chasing every big name or big name wannabe.

If only our scouts can do their jobs for once in their life! We probably won't spend up to 80mil.

How much did spurs get Ali,dier,ardewiel( the Belgian),vertogen or Leicester with kante,Drinkwater,etc or soton get bulk of their players?

My point is,our useless scouts should do their jobs for once,period!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Pataki: 4:37am On Jun 14, 2016
sleekdot:

Germany and Italy are the only team to win by more than a goal margin

While those who filled their team with EPL players like England and Belgium are already struggling because of the inferior EPL which didnt expose them to quality football

The fate of EPL teams in CL is similar to the fate of teams who have majority EPL players

Afofun pundit, you don come again. Who scored Germany's 2nd goal? An EPL player. Heck! Who gave him the assist? Another EPL player.

If you want to troll, at least apply common sense a little.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:52am On Jun 14, 2016
nateevs:

embarassed

Naingollan was statistically the worst central midfielder on the pitch for both teams. He had the worst pass completion percentage, fewest touches and attempted fewer passes of the entire Belgium back 6.

When you attempt only 26 passes as a CM, and can only complete 80% of them without producing a Key Pass...Nihilist will call that a passing deficiency.

I cannot imagine that guy in a pivot with Matic. We would never create anything.

If we wanted someone who can put himself about whilst being unable to pass the ball with accuracy...we should have just kept Ramires jejely.

Witsel recycled possesion well and played some nice short passes. Perhaps the issue here is that I expected a bit more from him given the usual hype here. Offensively, there was nothing to write home about for me. Defensively he wasnt too bad, but still allowed Giacherrini steal a March on him with that run that led to that goal. Giacherrini was also playing in central midfield.

So yeah imo Witsel gave an average performance and nothing really stood out. He was just meh. Considering Mikel has more or less elevated playing averagely to an art form, I didnt see anything from that game time suggest that Witsel is an upgrade on Mikel.

It's only one game though...so it's not enough to form a strong opinion, but that was my initial assessment.

Btw, I thought Lukaku played rubbish yesterday and his miss was shocking, but DeBruyne was even worse in my opinion.

Belgium just didn't get the ball up to Lukaku quick enough for most of thr game. Hazard was anonymous in the first half. Fellaini was dire in the number 10 role and KDB was surprisingly bad even though he created chances.

Martens was very impressive during his cameo. One thing I know is that Lukaku flourishes with a tricky winger and first time through balls. I remember he gave an interview somewhere when he talked about his budding partnership with deulofeu at everton, before Martinez screwed it up there.

I think that a trio of Hazard KDB Mertens behind lukaku should do wonders. KDB in the hole please...he looked so wasted on the flanks.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:53am On Jun 14, 2016
lordfalcao:
conte don't play on the counter...

Last night was 90 minutes of Italian counter attacking

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 7:19am On Jun 14, 2016
diggz:

Not necessarily bro. Especially if he doesn't go out chasing every big name or big name wannabe.

If only our scouts can do their jobs for once in their life! We probably won't spend up to 80mil.

How much did spurs get Ali,dier,ardewiel( the Belgian),vertogen or Leicester with kante,Drinkwater,etc or soton get bulk of their players?

My point is,our useless scouts should do their jobs for once,period!
Chelsea is a top club,they don't need the type of signings spurs or Leicester will make. this are average signings for average club. how many average signings do you see likes of barca,Madrid ,Bayern do?

find out the positions that is lacking stock it up with first team players of other team ,keep others as backup

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 7:19am On Jun 14, 2016
Nihilist:

Last night was 90 minutes of Italian counter attacking
OK. I did not wash the game.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 14, 2016
A frustrated Belgium fan wrote this abt Conte after Wilmot complained abt Conte's pack the box tactics, the bolded got me laffing hard...

"I don't know why coaches don't counter that "Mourinho tactic". I will also tell my players to stay back in our own half of the field(take a defensive setup around our 18 yard box) and wait till the opponent come out. Like Brazil game yesterday, Peru stacked their 18 yard box with all their players, Brazil should have just stayed back in their own half of the field instead of attacking and being vunerable on counter attacks. Yeah if they don't come out, we will just stare at each other on the field from each others penalty box!!! Barcelona always faces this when they play Chelsea, because Chelsea are too scared "to come out and play" real football!"

Seeing the bolded happen one day will be interesting.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Debroslink: 10:13am On Jun 14, 2016
Is it true that the Belgian Musa was hidden as usual against Italy?

Lesson learnt so far from euro 2016: Do not stockpile your national team with epl players.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lekkie073(m): 11:00am On Jun 14, 2016
Italy boss Antonio Conte suffered a nosebleed in the celebrations of Emanuele Giachherini's goal in their Euro 2016 opener against Belgium.
The incoming Chelsea manager was shown on television holding tissue to his nose shortly after the Sunderland striker had put the Azzurri 1-0 up against Marc Wilmots' side.
Conte will take over at Stamford Bridge following the tournament, becoming permanent Blues boss following the sacking of Jose Mourinho and subsequent interim spell by Guus Hiddink.

culled from mirrorfootball.Co.uk
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mcdreeezy: 11:36am On Jun 14, 2016
kokaneprodigy:
A frustrated Belgium fan wrote this abt Conte after Wilmot complained abt Conte's pack the box tactics, the bolded got me laffing hard...

"I don't know why coaches don't counter that "Mourinho tactic". I will also tell my players to stay back in our own half of the field(take a defensive setup around our 18 yard box) and wait till the opponent come out. Like Brazil game yesterday, Peru stacked their 18 yard box with all their players, Brazil should have just stayed back in their own half of the field instead of attacking and being vunerable on counter attacks. Yeah if they don't come out, we will just stare at each other on the field from each others penalty box!!! Barcelona always faces this when they play Chelsea, because Chelsea are too scared "to come out and play" real football!"

Seeing the bolded happen one day will be interesting.
Lol! Of course, it's true. That part he said Chelsea are too scared to come out and play real football against Barcelona is funny. It's true tho.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 11:36am On Jun 14, 2016
This is the 2nd time I'm watching mertens and he was fantastic in both. I just wish chelsea can register an interest.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 7:11pm On Jun 14, 2016
Hungary played with hunger and proper team display. Well deserved win against Austria.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 7:38pm On Jun 14, 2016
lordfalcao:
Chelsea is a top club,they don't need the type of signings spurs or Leicester will make. this are average signings for average club. how many average signings do you see likes of barca,Madrid ,Bayern do?

find out the positions that is lacking stock it up with first team players of other team ,keep others as backup

Chelsea na top team bros shocked? Hope you know we level presently? Calling cfc a top team na pure deceit at the moment. Even the so called small teams are presently sitting on we head so,na wetin be the shakara?

You are here comparing Bayern,barca, Madrid with cfc, na we mates them be? Have you been watching the way they handle their business? Abeg o! Shoe get size my brother.

Meanwhile,what signings are you calling average? Kante,dier,ali,n co. Bros if we can get half of this same players for the amount they were bought,it will be a great steal for the club. We shouldn't deceive ourselves with the so called big boys status. Or can you tell us the world class club lampard was playing for before he joined CFC?

If the scouts can get unknown good players who will work of their socks for the team,I don't see way we should form big boys and not get them. All this chasing of pogba for 80mil and some imaginary world class players will not cut it.

We need to start doing things differently, not to dey fall mugu upandan for everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 7:49pm On Jun 14, 2016
Eyin Omo wobe! Wobe! Eyin Omo wobe! Wobe!

Eyin Omo Arif! Arif! Eyin Omo Arif! Arif!

My people oh.....! Enemies and friends together. Nlanders monitoring spirits and neutrals as well.

Abeg make una forgive me for any wrongdoing oh...! Past,present and future bi ko nu...! I use baba God beg una.

I no wan wake up wan morning see "s3x Olympics in Lasgidi...... and na me e dey about pls.

Make una forgive me of my past mistakes and future once inclusive abeg una.

Thank you very much.

Eyin Omo wobe! Wobe! Eyin Omo Arif! Arif!
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Rotdavdara(m): 9:03pm On Jun 14, 2016
With the way Antonio Conte set up his team against Belgium, it's more than obvious that he will be a success at Chelsea. Maybe not an instant success but with time, he will bring the kind of steel-like defense he enjoyed wirh Juventus and Italy to the Stamford Bridge.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1999) (2000) (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) ... (19107) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.