Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,356 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship (2023 Views)

Can You Sleep With Your Brother/sister In The Same Room? / Getting Signals From Sister In Law? / Me,my Pastor,and The Big Secret (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship by KGREAT(m): 3:37pm On Nov 08, 2007
My pastor called me yesterday after bible study that God told him that God told him that I should get married to one sister in my church (name withheld) but I have never for once had any feeling for this lady so-called sister! Can I go ahead by marrying her or disobey my pastor, as for me I have somebody in my hearth. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship by pearlyseed(f): 3:48pm On Nov 08, 2007
As long as u av never thot abt her in that light, i dont think its ok for u to go ahead and marry her. But just to be on the safe side, pls go ahead and seek God's face concerning it. All the best. smiley
Re: Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship by opokonwa(m): 4:48pm On Nov 08, 2007
Pray about it yourself and follow your heart.

Unless you believe that your pastor is the Alpha and Omega!
Re: Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship by funloving(m): 8:56pm On Nov 08, 2007
A few questions at the poster

1. Are you finanacially well off ?
2. Is your pastor aware of your financial status ?
3. Is the sister getting towards the dangerous age of thirties ?
4. Is your Pastor aware that you have somebody in your heart ?
5. What is the relationship between your pastor and the sister ?

The reason for these questions is simple: Just hoping your Pastor is not trying to match a sister to a brother he thinks has got it.

Your Pastor may hear from God but he is not God. If you are a christian, talk to God and let Him lead you to the right woman.
You are the one who will live with the girl you marry not your pastor. You therefore should be doubly sure of who you marry and not just rely solely on what your Pastor says. He is human and not infalliable.

All the same, pray about it and try being friends with the sister in question. Your pastor just might be right. I am not saying he is right.
Re: Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship by throttler(f): 3:43pm On Nov 09, 2009
hmm, na wa o! and where does the issue of love come up?
or your pastor doesnt beleive in love?
because he is a pastor doesnt mean he can take over the running of peoples emotion. leave religious emotions out of this. you may end up committing even more sin by marrying someone you dont love and cheating on her( not to say some men dont cheat on the person they say they love).
but i think your happiness is the ultimate concern.

its a joke that a pastor tried to link a brother with a facially challenged (ugly) sister, saying it was Gods instruction, but our brother rejected the wonderful vision, and nothing happened. do you think the pastor hasnt spoken with the sister about getting you to marry her? pls dont be played like a chess game. pastors are human too, and can play human pranks too. its not as if the pastor cant go home and leave church bussiness one day.
Re: Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship by bluespice(f): 3:47pm On Nov 09, 2009
lmfao!
Re: Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship by Shola2009(m): 4:01pm On Nov 09, 2009
follow ur heart
Re: Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 09, 2009
What do you have to lose? If you are not seeing anyone, get to know her and take it from there. smiley
Re: Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship by ebitim(m): 7:29pm On Nov 09, 2009
guy where ur church dey i wan come o make ur pastor give me wife, shebi sampling is allowed
Re: Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship by SisiKill1: 7:34pm On Nov 09, 2009
@ Topic
NO! Absolutely not. He is NOT your God.

Jeebus! What is this?
Re: Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship by Macgreat(m): 7:44pm On Nov 09, 2009
Na wa Ooo. . . pastors lipsrsealed
Re: Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship by TheSeeker(m): 7:51pm On Nov 09, 2009
Yes, all these ritualist churches
Re: Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship by Godmother(f): 7:52pm On Nov 09, 2009
My dear, pray to your God and not just do anything you migt regret later o
Re: Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship by sirabbey(m): 9:22pm On Nov 09, 2009
It is morally wrong and spiritually ignoble for your pastor to INSTRUCT you to marry a girl. The right thing is for you to hear from God (I presume you have a relationship with God) and get confirmation of what you already heard from your pastor. My candid opinion is dis-countenace such BALAAM INSTRUCTION, and move on with your life. Cheerio.
Re: Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship by afiamanu(f): 9:32pm On Nov 09, 2009
I've never heard of anything like that before. It should be you that is given a sign to marry this woman, and you should at least "date" the girl before you consult your pastor about marrying her. lol I guess your pastor wants his church to be fruitful and multiply
Re: Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship by sylve11: 4:05pm On Nov 10, 2009
sometimes i called dis kind of stuff arrangy grin cool
Re: Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship by kpolli(m): 5:01pm On Nov 10, 2009
the gurl likes u n told the pastor,
Re: Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship by Macgreat(m): 5:05pm On Nov 10, 2009
kpolli:

the gurl likes u n told the pastor,

Thought so too
Re: Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship by Pittbaby(f): 5:10pm On Nov 10, 2009
    Is the sister getting towards the dangerous age of thirties ?

kai women don suffer o!!! so thirty is now a dangerous age
Re: Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship by Ben13: 5:14pm On Nov 10, 2009
No way! that's bribery and corruption in da church. The gurl has played some runs at ya back.
Re: Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship by Macgreat(m): 5:16pm On Nov 10, 2009
serious shit grin
Re: Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship by martyns303(m): 8:18am On Dec 14, 2009
Some folks are so messed up. Ur pastor telling u who to marry, thats just so lame.
Re: Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship by smooooooth: 8:38am On Dec 14, 2009
if God wants u to marry her, he will tell u not tell ur pastor to tell u, since u are the one involed. God makes direct calls abeg. so tell ur pastor ur fone is yet to ring, till then, bone the guy!
Re: Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship by Flashfast1: 7:15pm On Dec 14, 2009
@poster
for what now? Na you choose him wife for am? Why him go come choose for you ?
Shebi na vision him see for you, make him wait make you see your own.
Re: Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship by coolier(f): 7:18pm On Dec 14, 2009
NO he can not.
Re: Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 14, 2009
Can you instruct your pastor to choose a wife from his gathering?
Why isn't God talking to you?
Re: Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship by rhymz(m): 12:35pm On Dec 20, 2009
martyns303:

Some folks are so messed up. your pastor telling u who to marry, thats just so lame.
i hate when ppl do this nonsense in d name of my pastor say,am always like who the rat is Ur pastor to give dat yeye instruction.let him do dat to his own kids or relatives.
I know three of my uncles who married terror all in the name of "my pastor says" or "the lord says" one 4rm Deeperlife,the other is Lordchosen and d final is assemblies of God.Their wives are no any different 4rm normal christian unlike the holier than thou attitude they front in the church which unfortunately was the reason for the hellish marriage my uncles have found themselves in with them. . . .like say na the yeye pastor wan marry am.scheeew
Re: Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship by rhymz(m): 12:35pm On Dec 20, 2009
martyns303:

Some folks are so messed up. your pastor telling u who to marry, thats just so lame.
i hate when ppl do this nonsense in d name of my pastor say,am always like who the rat is Ur pastor to give dat yeye instruction.let him do dat to his own kids or relatives.
I know three of my uncles who married terror all in the name of "my pastor says" or "the lord says" one 4rm Deeperlife,the other is Lordchosen and d final is assemblies of God.Their wives are no any different 4rm normal christian unlike the holier than thou attitude they front in the church which unfortunately was the reason for the hellish marriage my uncles have found themselves in with them. . . .like say na the yeye pastor wan marry am.scheeew
Re: Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship by santanovva(m): 1:29pm On Dec 20, 2009
Guy, i know it sucks but,
You can go ahead and marry the lady if the pastor is truly your pastor (in its entirety).
If the pastor[b] is for real [/b] and you are blind and deaf (spiritually) it may be your counsel from God, though I'd advice a confirmation
Re: Can My Pastor Instuct Me To Marry A Sister In My Fellowship by Olami90: 2:33pm On Dec 20, 2009
[color=#006600][/color] @poster.U beta run very fast because i c no reason why u'r nt avin direct contact wit ur God rather than ur pastor as intermediary.We are al human being,som are just opportuned to pastor over others which does not mean superiority/perfection.It is a matter of choice&moreover pretence is rampant in d fellowship al in d name of working 4 God,they turn out to b somtin else wen they get home.Dont follow my pastor say,and if u do u're on ur own.

(1) (Reply)

Can A Man And Woman Just Be Friends Without Thinking: / Help! Is she double dating? / Let's Be Sincere (virgins Beware!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.