Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,045 members, 7,821,598 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai (11897 Views)

Why The Iranian Ultimatum For El Zackzacky's Release Must Be Taken Seriously / REPORT: Buhari Settles For Fashola As Chief Of Staff To The Federal Government / Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by White007(m): 12:07am On Apr 23, 2012
Ahead of the 2015 presidential election, there are indications that the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), would settled for the former Federal Capital Territory, Minister, Mallam Nasir EL-Rufai, as its presidential candidate in the next general elections. This is coming at a time when CPC presidential candidate in the 2011 polls and former Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari (retd), has ruled himself out of the 2015 presidential contest.

Although, El-Rufai is yet to publicly declare interest in the 2015 elections, Saturday Sun gathered that he has, in recent times, been saddled with the responsibility of “repackaging and refocusing” the CPC, ahead of the 2015 polls.

According to a reliable source within the party, Buhari’s latest stance on the 2015 presidential contest is seen as a further boost to El-Rufai’s aspiration, adding: “I agree with you, it is too early to start discussing 2015, but it is not too early to position oneself.

“As you observed, before 2011, Buhari had said he was not going to run again. But eventually, he came out again to run. However, this time, I think the General means well for the younger Turks in the North. If you recall, before his (Buhari) comment last Thursday, that we should start shopping for a presidential candidate, I had told you he was not running and that he was keen on supporting El-Rufai, but you apparently did not believe me. I am glad, you have heard it from the horse’s mouth yourself.”

Meanwhile, Buhari recently, in Kaduna, charged supporters of the party to begin a search for his replacement ahead of 2015 presidential polls. Speaking while receiving party leaders from one of the councils in the state, who had paid him a solidarity visit, Buhari was quoted to have said: “I will remain in politics, even though I may not contest the 2015 presidential election.

“But whatever it is, I will remain politically active for the struggle of bettering the lives of Nigerians. You should also look for my replacement.

“Unless the electorate insist on claiming their mandate, like the people of Igabi (in Kaduna State) are doing, their votes will never count and I am commending you for standing up to defend your votes within the confines of the law.”

http://odili.net/news/source/2012/apr/21/507.html
Re: 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by Afam4eva(m): 3:36pm On Apr 23, 2012
This will be a good choice for CPC but Buhari has to be very involved in selling him to people because El-Rufai is not a popular figure like Buhari. They should also start now to start forming alliances if they want to beat PDP.
Re: 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by Jeel: 3:38pm On Apr 23, 2012
Dreams!Anything fron cpc cannot work.
Re: 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by Aliyeous(m): 3:43pm On Apr 23, 2012
hmmmm i think el rufai has a lot 2 do lyk rebrandin his name coz d el rufai i knw is a bulldozer...gud choice anyway
Re: 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by unclebros: 3:44pm On Apr 23, 2012
This can work, if they can have proper alliance with ACN and the other parties. El Rufai is a good choice. A sound intellectual and very vibrant in speech.

1 Like

Re: 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by Dpharisee: 3:46pm On Apr 23, 2012
El-rufai has his hands soiled with the way and manner he conducted demolition (mostly southerners buildings) leaving behind those of Northerners and calling it indigene houses. Subsequently many of those lands were awarded to his wives and kids and even those of them in primary school were allocated choicelands in FCT.
He is a tribalist unlike Ribadu who is more refined.
There is a lot of talks about how he sanitized Abuja, thats baldadash as all his efforts were concentrated only on the city centre with little effort to develop the Area councils and expand the city beyond Asokoro, CBD, Garki, Wuse I & II, Maitama and Gwarimpa.
The killing of corp members in the North after the last April presidential election by CPC supporters is a serious stain on the image of the party in the South and so it is still more of a North West & North East party unlike the crooked PDP that has a national outlook even in their misrule

3 Likes

Re: 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by GboyegaD(m): 3:48pm On Apr 23, 2012
The earlier they start working on this the better.

1 Like

Re: 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 23, 2012
I thought Buhari is reported to have said he is going to contest the 2015 election. Why did he suddenly reversed his decision?
Re: 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by Okijajuju1(m): 3:50pm On Apr 23, 2012
And the failure continues. . .

AIR CONDITION 2015 (the second phase of FRESH AIR 2011). . . In Jonathan we trust. . .

3 Likes

Re: 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by temmytanny(m): 3:51pm On Apr 23, 2012
afam4eva: This will be a good choice for CPC but Buhari has to be very involved in selling him to people because El-Rufai is not a popular figure like Buhari. They should also start now to start forming alliances if they want to beat PDP.
they should align with ACN in west and use uncle FASH as VP,they will win

1 Like

Re: 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by Akanbiedu(m): 3:58pm On Apr 23, 2012
Good choice for the CPC.

temmytanny:

It's the other way round. El-rufai should be the VP candidate.

4 Likes

Re: 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by Lollysbride: 3:58pm On Apr 23, 2012
GboyegaD: The earlier they start working on this the better.
I agree with you.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by Afam4eva(m): 3:59pm On Apr 23, 2012
temmytanny:
Not necessarily but it will take them far. The mistake Buhari made in 2011 is that he did not reach out to other regions especially SE & SS where the votes he got was not more than the population of a primary school. They should reach out to all the regions by engaging leaders from those regions especially the disgruntled ones. I'll prefer an el-rufai to a Jonathan in 2015.
Re: 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by otinwa(m): 4:04pm On Apr 23, 2012
temmytanny:

for where den go win?
Re: 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by uniQybabs(m): 4:04pm On Apr 23, 2012
grin grin grin I laff in pidgin... Is Elrufai not PDP product? Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by folowo(m): 4:06pm On Apr 23, 2012
We they be able to win ACN and PDP
Re: 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by VEE2010(m): 4:09pm On Apr 23, 2012
Let him declare his intention first, we'll tell him his real name then.

1 Like

Re: 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by unclenna(m): 4:09pm On Apr 23, 2012
I don't see any regional party winning the presidential election in Nigeria. Regional party only serve the interest of its region and that is the only edge PDP has over them. ACN, CPC, APGA are all regional parties.

1 Like

Re: 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 23, 2012
all dis refined pdp product.. I dey laff.. *where is my ogogoro?* abeg
Re: 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by NET1(m): 4:11pm On Apr 23, 2012
Did someone just say Fashola as President and El-Rufai as VP?
Now, that's one ticket I'd love to vote. My full support for CPC if Fashola is President and maybe El-Rufai as VP.

but if El-Rufai is the Presido, nna meehn, e get as e be o.

.NET

1 Like

Re: 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by Odunnu: 4:12pm On Apr 23, 2012
Jeel: Dreams!Anything fron cpc cannot work.
its so bad that even anything/name with 'El. . .' starting it I will oppose. Thats how bad I detest Elrufai
Re: 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by dayokanu(m): 4:12pm On Apr 23, 2012
Good choice
Re: 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 23, 2012
unclenna: I don't see any regional party winning the presidential election in Nigeria. Regional party only serve the interest of its region and that is the only edge PDP has over them. ACN, CPC, APGA are all regional parties.

quite right buh not entirely ryt.. A president cannot serve d interest of a region... Thats why dere is national assembly etc
Re: 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by begwong: 4:14pm On Apr 23, 2012
[quote author=unclenna]I don't see any regional party winning the presidential election in Nigeria. Regional party only serve the interest of its region and that is the only edge PDP has over them. ACN, CPC, APGA are all regional parties.
true talk!
Re: 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by buJu234: 4:14pm On Apr 23, 2012
if they want to win; they better beg Buhari to run come 2015..

because most southerns that voted 4 GEJ are regretting their action; so if these people plus the Northern
multitude combine; then Buhari may likely win...

can u see what is happening in France?
Re: 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by simplebussy: 4:16pm On Apr 23, 2012
i wonder where this info is coming from.
El-rufai has said it over and over again that he is not interested in running for presidency. He is serious about it and has said it repeatedly on his twitter timeline. He is a critic of the Govt, and a member of CPC but HE IS NOT INTERESTED IN RUNNING FOR PRESIDENCY. SHIKENA.
Re: 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by begwong: 4:19pm On Apr 23, 2012
uniQybabs: grin grin grin I laff in pidgin... Is Elrufai not PDP product? Nonsense!
same Elrufai that gave out hundreds of plots to his siblings,shidren,wives and cronies at the twilight of his regime under OBJ?
Re: 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by NaijaNaWaa: 4:20pm On Apr 23, 2012
I would pick GEJ over El Rufai any day. A terrorist and tribalist like el Rufai stands no chance with me. He'll learn his lesson like Ribadu: that media acceptance is not the same as electoral victory.

1 Like

Re: 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by Afam4eva(m): 4:22pm On Apr 23, 2012
NaijaNaWaa: I would pick GEJ over El Rufai any day. A terrorist and tribalist like el Rufai stands no chance with me. He'll learn his lesson like Ribadu: that media acceptance is not the same as electoral victory.
Please can you substantiate your statement? What makes you beleive El rufai is a tribalist? And what makes you pick GEJ ahead of El rufai? Pls be smart.
Re: 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by Akanbi1509(m): 4:32pm On Apr 23, 2012
Shikenah , you have spoken
temmytanny:
;DShikenah , you have spoken
temmytanny:
Re: 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by Akpan107(m): 4:38pm On Apr 23, 2012
afam4eva: This will be a good choice for CPC but Buhari has to be very involved in selling him to people because El-Rufai is not a popular figure like Buhari. They should also start now to start forming alliances if they want to beat PDP.
My dear, anything CPC will never sell in the South especially S-S and S-E even in S-W, they should better stop wasting their precious time...the party belong to the ''Core Northerner'' is never a National party!
Re: 2015: CPC Settles For El-rufai by uniQybabs(m): 4:38pm On Apr 23, 2012
afam4eva:
Please can you substantiate your statement? What makes you beleive El rufai is a tribalist? And what makes you pick GEJ ahead of El rufai? Pls be smart.
. The same way He (elrufai) alocated hundreds of plots to His family members and close associates and demolished opposition buildings and seize their plots of land I m sure that's how He is going to run Nigeria, alocating Nigeria to his boko brothers. As for me until the north produces a credible candidate as president, they should forget about it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abdulrazaq Gets Chief Of Staff, SSG, CPS / Atiku Abubakar Celebrates Wike's 58th Birthday / Ribadu Flees Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.