Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,978 members, 7,852,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:38 PM

Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? (13428 Views)

Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? / Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! / American Women That Marry Nigerian Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by foryou(m): 6:24pm On Nov 10, 2007
We dont care about the US life ok? that was the us fucking life, talk about nigeria life olofo
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by faketan(m): 6:30pm On Nov 10, 2007
true for my father but my husband?? he gotta carry it. lipsrsealed am sorry.[/color]

Very funny. Just pray very hard except you are one of those who wouldn't mind  a divorce which is presently a lucrative business.
Unfortunate  our sensitive nigerian girls have also learnt the trade.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by JustGood(m): 6:39pm On Nov 10, 2007
Looka here, what i posted has nothin' to do with me. Go back and read correctly but when d time comes for my marriage, u can bet it's goin' to be a naija dude.don't let that be your personal problem now. Besides, i never said they were disrespectful just not sensitive. c'mon. english is really not that difficult.

Seeing that English is not that difficult, you could have written that in better grammar.

Get away and find something else to do. Na by force to post something? The only thing idle hands like you want to do is to bash Naija. How many foreign men have you been with?

shuo
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by sod4luv(m): 6:46pm On Nov 10, 2007
Na wa ooo, diff thinz evryday,No longtin!!!
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by chiogo(f): 6:57pm On Nov 10, 2007
money4you:

We don't care about the US life ok? that was the us fucking life, talk about nigeria life olofo
i wish u d same, jare!!!
JustGood:

Seeing that English is not that difficult, you could have written that in better grammar.

Get away and find something else to do. Na by force to post something? The only idle hands like you want to do is to bash Naija. How many foreign men have you been with?

shuo
hmmm,God, why?? bash naija?? now, why'd i want to do that when am from there.It's funny how pple have brain but refuse to use it. See, ain't nobody askin' u to post so if u ask me, u shld be d one gettin' out not me. As for ur last question, u don't know me or my age, so be quiet. As for english, u can bet i can speak in better grammar but seein' that this is just a forum, i learned to take it easy because nobody really cares what u speak as long as u're comprehendable. That,i know i am so i don't know why u're confused about my post because i clearly stated that it has to do with a couple.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by FemiATL: 7:10pm On Nov 10, 2007
Naija men---una see wetin I dey talk since. When naija women travel abroad, especially the US, they get so confused that they end up being the most messed up set of women. They get confused about dressing, behavior---try to change their accent------endless------carry bag for your wife??-----who buy am?-----the person we get load go carry im load.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by chiogo(f): 7:20pm On Nov 10, 2007
hmmm, chineke!! who forgot his/her language?? again, this has nothin' to do with me. Am not married or close to d age of marriage. I don't know why people can't answer simple questions, rather they start digressin' from topic. phewww,it's ok tho, it's typical of naija folks(there!! i said it), isn't that why someone created a topic askin' why naija folks are insultive?? this explains it all.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by faketan(m): 7:25pm On Nov 10, 2007
To say chineke does not convince anyone you have not forgotten ur language.

Even my oyibo friends here de say well.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by chiogo(f): 7:30pm On Nov 10, 2007
it's good how u pointed that out, only thin' is that am not tryin' to convince anyone. smiley I know my language and i speak it, so i don't need to type it on d internet to convince nairaland members. This is just internet, idk why y'all take evrythin' so damn serious or think u really know someone just thru their posts. I asked a simple question, what did i see, people digressin'!!
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 10, 2007
Chiogo my dear, take it easy. . .you know what would happen if you post such a thread, this is not just the net, its Nland, things are taken too serious here. . .dnt worry yourself jo smiley

@all
she asked a simple question, thank y'all for answering grin grin kiss
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by chiogo(f): 7:38pm On Nov 10, 2007
@toyin, thanks, girl.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by FemiATL: 7:42pm On Nov 10, 2007
Hold on! Where do you reside? I guess the US based on your posting! Did I mention language? No I said “accent”!
So what was your question---- “Are Nigerian Men Lazy or Just Completely Insensitive?” My answer ----only Naija women who come to the U.S try to turn the naija men into complete nonsense, just because they cannot maintain a balance between their culture and the new environment they meet themselves. Did I answer you question or you still think I am digressing. Sorry to say your thoughts of how a typical Nigerian man must behave has been affected by the U.S environment, thus your question.

Sometimes a conversation might get a bit technical so you have to be able to think ahead. And based on the fact that you are not close to the age of marriage, that explains you are a bit immature to understand the depth of a response.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by naijadiva2(f): 7:45pm On Nov 10, 2007
@ topic

its not only niaja men, its men of different cultures all together, you think naija men are something, i think indians are the worst. they show no respect/sympathy for anyone.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by Okeamu1(m): 7:47pm On Nov 10, 2007
It has nothing to do with being lazy, the man probably paid for the whole item, You have no idea how many times the wife tried to get money from him to buy that items, An item the man may or may not even use at all. Even when he does, he is only doing it because the wife made him buy it.
I can understand the relutance. Its one of thoese sacrifices we nigerian men make for our women but look at you saying this and that. It shows how far you women would go before you call a man a nice man, Why not date african americans?? and be a baby mama
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by chiogo(f): 7:51pm On Nov 10, 2007
@last poster, thanks for d response.nobody said AA dudes were better tho. at least u answered d question.
FemiATL:

Hold on! Where do you reside? I guess the US based on your posting! Did I mention language? No I said “accent”!
So what was your question---- “Are Nigerian Men Lazy or Just Completely Insensitive?” My answer ----only Naija women who come to the US try to turn the naija men into complete nonsense, just because they cannot maintain a balance between their culture and the new environment they meet themselves. Did I answer you question or you still think I am digressing. Sorry to say your thoughts of how a typical Nigerian man must behave has been affected by the US environment, thus your question.

Sometimes a conversation might get a bit technical so you have to be able to think ahead. And based on the fact that you are not close to the age of marriage, that explains you are a bit immature to understand the depth of a response.

No, u didn't answer my question. This has nothin' to do with livin' in d US or not.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by londoner: 8:00pm On Nov 10, 2007
@ Chiogo, many times I have seen this in Nigerian movies. The man comes home or to the village. He gets out of the car and either his wife or his younger sister carries HIS BAGS inside the house. It may be normal in Nigeria, outside it would be seen differently. If its ok by the wives/sisters then I guess its not a problem. I've dated a Nigerian guys who insist on carrying the bags.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by chiogo(f): 8:04pm On Nov 10, 2007
@naija_diva, hey girl, long time.

@londoner,ok, i got u.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by mamaput(f): 8:07pm On Nov 10, 2007
when making so many demands on a man, i hope woman also has a lot to offer.
please miss chiogo we are looking for equality in our men and not to dominate them
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by chiogo(f): 8:09pm On Nov 10, 2007
a'ight, Mrs. mamaput. smiley
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by naijadiva2(f): 8:10pm On Nov 10, 2007
chiogo:

@naija_diva, hey girl, long time.

@londoner,ok, i got u.

hey ya. i know you 'bout to be mad cuz i'm about to leave. but i'll log on again when i come back.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by chiogo(f): 8:11pm On Nov 10, 2007
naija_diva:

hey ya. i know you 'bout to be mad because i'm about to leave. but i'll log on again when i come back.
a'ight cutie, see u later.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by presido1: 8:15pm On Nov 10, 2007
Wetin we do this gyls? how we go please una please.
Naija men do dis naija men do that make una try jamaicans and somalians i think the are sensitive more than us.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by sweetonyx(m): 8:23pm On Nov 10, 2007
naija men ar da real deal,ask my jamaican friends grin grin grin NO LONG THINGS,

hey poster i guess the house has done justice to ur post, nairalander forums the forum to beat grin grin grin
LOVE Y'A winkLL
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by FemiATL: 8:27pm On Nov 10, 2007
Chiogo----
People who understand what I am saying do and i guess you are not one of them. When a Naija woman leaves Naija and come to the U.S (example) they change into something else. Asking if a naija man is lazy or insensitive is based on a lot of factors, one being comparism. There must be a basis for your comparism and that could be related to behavior of other races and even other Nigerians in general.
But I must tell you, when a woman calls her husband lazy, that is insulting to him and vice-versa. It goes on to say a man can no longer perform his duty. But when you say insensitive, it is another ball game on its own.
How many women based in Nigeria will bother if their husband carries a bag for them or not. If it is too heavy for a woman to carry a few bags, then all she need to do is ask for a hand and if the husband does not help then you can qualify that as insensitive not lazy.
But when our Naija women get to the U.S they make new laws, come up with new ideas that is novel and want to perpetuate it. The irony of it all is that it starts from a simple question like yours, then a notch further. Give an inch they take a mile. Are you still at awe?
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 10, 2007
FemiATL:

Chiogo----
People who understand what I am saying do and i guess you are not one of them. When a Naija woman leaves Naija and come to the US (example) they change into something else. Asking if a naija man is lazy or insensitive is based on a lot of factors, one being comparism. There must be a basis for your comparism and that could be related to behavior of other races and even other Nigerians in general.
But I must tell you, when a woman calls her husband lazy, that is insulting to him and vice-versa. It goes on to say a man can no longer perform his duty. But when you say insensitive, it is another ball game on its own.
How many women based in Nigeria will bother if their husband carries a bag for them or not. If it is too heavy for a woman to carry a few bags, then all she need to do is ask for a hand and if the husband does not help then you can qualify that as insensitive not lazy.
But when our Naija women get to the US they make new laws, come up with new ideas that is novel and want to perpetuate it. The irony of it all is that it starts from a simple question like yours, then a notch further. Give an inch they take a mile. Are you still at awe?

i understand what you're saying. however, living in the US has nothing to do with it. it all has to do with modern thinking undecided even SOME naija women in naija have asked the same question. so what you're trying to say is naija men are neither lazy nor insensitive. aight, we got your point wink thanks, case closed kiss smiley

[size=15pt]Naija Mena are neither lazy nor Completely Insensitive[/size]

Chiogo, you got that?
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by sweetonyx(m): 8:41pm On Nov 10, 2007
Like FemiATL says
 , honestly its wrong to generalise in certain issues especially wen one forgets dat cultures all over the world varies, so my dear chiogo u wont be fair to over 60m naija men to posit dat dey're lazy,neither wud u be corrrect to say dey're insentitive.my point is diff strokes 4 diff folks,
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by FemiATL: 8:42pm On Nov 10, 2007
lol
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by JustGood(m): 8:56pm On Nov 10, 2007
I pray that when you get to the age of marriage, you are able to find a man willing to take rubbish from you and also that you have what it takes to stay in a marriage.

When you get a man willing to take the crap and remain in marriage with you, come and talk. Pikin wey talk say when she grow up, she go cut tree wey him papa climjb as small boy, na the tree head no go allow that pikin grow up.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by JustGood(m): 9:00pm On Nov 10, 2007
toyinrayo:

i understand what you're saying. however, living in the US has nothing to do with it. it all has to do with modern thinking undecided even SOME naija women in naija have asked the same question. so what you're trying to say is naija men are neither lazy nor insensitive. aight, we got your point wink thanks, case closed kiss smiley

[size=15pt]Naija Mena are neither lazy nor Completely Insensitive[/size]

Chiogo, you got that?

Living in the UK/US has a lot to do with it. How many women living in Nigeria have you heard complaining or saying that their men are lazy because they dont carry the grocery bag from shopping?
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by dthing1(f): 9:01pm On Nov 10, 2007
CHIOGO DON"T MIND THE HATERS> THEY HAVE ALL FAILED TO ANSWER A SIMPLE QUESTION?

I"VE ALWAYS LIVED IN NAIJA AND OUR MEN DO IT A LOT BECAUSE THEY THINK THAT IS THE WAY TO BE A MAN>
IT IS ABSOLUTELY WRONG BUT IT IS PREVAILENT IN OUR SOCIETY< IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN OUR WAY OF LIFE>
ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT CARRYING BAGS ALONE? WHAT THEN WOULD YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT WORKING MOTHERS IN NAIJA WHO GO TO WORK JUST LIKE THE HUSBAND< THEY BOTH RETURN AT THE SAME TIME BUT WHILE ONE SITS BY THE TV THE OTHER IS ON HER FEET IN THE KITCHEN OR WITH THE KIDS>COOKING< DOING HOUSE CHORES< PREPARING HER FAMILY FOR THE NEXT DAY WITH ABSOLUTELY NO HELP FROM HER "TIRED" HUSBAND>

THE NEXT MORNING SHE"S UP FIRST SO SHE CAN BATHE THE KIDS AND THEN REPEAT THE ROUTINE DUTIES>>>> FUNNY THING IS THAT AT THE END OF THE MONTH ITS NOT JUST THE MAN THAT PAYS THE BILL<<< THE SUPER WOMAN HAS TO PULL IN HER RESOURCES AS WELL><< SHE NEVER GETS PAID FOR THE EXTRA WORK AND THE HUSBAND DOESN"T PAY THE BILLS ALONE>>

THIS IS WHAT IS OBTAINABLE IN MOST HOMES IN LAGOS TODAY AND IT GETS WORSE THAN THAT>>>

BOTTOM LINE IS THAT IF YOU HAVE A MAN LIKE THAT< THEN DON"T BUY MORE THAN YOU CAN CARRY IF HE"S NOT GONNA HELP>
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by JustGood(m): 9:03pm On Nov 10, 2007
Free market. Marry men from other Nations
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 10, 2007
JustGood:

Living in the UK/US has a lot to do with it. How many women living in Nigeria have you heard complaining or saying that their men are lazy because they don't carry the grocery bag from shopping?

in case you didn't read my post carefully. . .let me refresh
i said i understandand and got the point. . .so therefore CASE CLOSED undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

An Honest Question From A Somali / Aba, Ngwa, Abiriba And Arochuwkwu Are Ancestral Ibibio Land. / Difference Between Onye Uwa-your Re-incarnator-and Chi Uwa-your Guardian Angel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.