Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,881 members, 7,841,304 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? (13399 Views)

Is Black Magic Real Or Just Made Up To Scare People? / Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! / American Women That Marry Nigerian Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by Nobody: 1:52am On Nov 11, 2007
omoge:

it would be nice to help your lady push the cart, carry things, etc while you both shopping now eh wink.
some Nigeria family i stayed with during hols do help (from what i saw) maybe because i was there grin

Trust me, i went to the market with my mom all the time as a little boy. I did most of the shopping for an aunt i lived with for about 2 yrs so i fully understand what it is to go shopping with a wife or girlfriend. Its just hilarious anytime i see threads like these claiming Nigerian men are insensitive and lazy . . . if Chiogo had just put "some" before the words "Nigerian men", none of us would have bothered.

Some men are culturally sensitive and wont even go shopping with their wives . . . my dad is a primary example! grin
But there are plenty of men too who are willing to get down on their hands and knees and help their woman out.

chiogo:

I thought i was done. oops, Davidylan, for someone as smart as i thought u were, u sound pretty corny right now.

Its not my fault. Nigerian men too are sensitive when people generalize about them being lazy. grin
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by faketan(m): 2:25am On Nov 11, 2007
Hmm the funny thing is that most of the posts are coming from boys wink. . . anyway the thread was started by a teenager. smiley
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by aloib(f): 4:53am On Nov 11, 2007
funny thread, wether its a man or a woman courtsey demands u help out if u are idle or watever, if i see my husband carrying heavy stuffs, i sure have to help him out while he does the same,

lol, i wont even like my husband going to get groceries wid me,
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by na2day2(m): 8:26am On Nov 11, 2007
i am really tired of listening or reading about Nigerian women complain about Nigerian men; it is not by force, marry a non Nigerian guy and end your delusions. angry angry angry
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by ozigbo(m): 9:08am On Nov 11, 2007
the problem is that lady is just try to be in charge,
u no this days now the lady like being in command.
like day always say what a man can also day can also
do it bester.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by jgirl3: 10:07am On Nov 11, 2007
After the crap most naija guys put us through, i think we have every right to complain. You people complain about us too now! ah ahn!

Women don't want to feel in charge - they want to feel invaluable and precious.

Aloib darling - nice to see ya here grin
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by kulaShaker(f): 12:14pm On Nov 11, 2007
@topic
they are both
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by cybersleek(m): 1:50pm On Nov 11, 2007
Thats a man for you,
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by spoilt(f): 2:42pm On Nov 11, 2007
BOTH grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by almondjoy(f): 3:14pm On Nov 11, 2007
aloib:

funny thread, wether its a man or a woman courtsey demands u help out if u are idle or watever, if i see my husband carrying heavy stuffs, i sure have to help him out while he does the same,

lol, i wont even like my husband going to get groceries wid me,

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! lipsrsealed

prince_onx:

Meeeeeeeennnnnn naija guys/men I never knew you guys are this SENSITIVE! look at all that responses in just one wrongly asked question!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! lipsrsealed

ozigbo:

the problem is that
lady is just try to be in charge,

u no this days now

the lady like being in command.

like day always say what a man can also day can also
do it bester.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Na wah oh! tongue

kulaShaker:

@topic
they are both

spoilt:

BOTH grin grin grin grin

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! lipsrsealed
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by presido1: 8:02pm On Nov 11, 2007
Somebody is going mad in this thread. Seun do something and close this thread.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by SweetT1: 9:37pm On Nov 11, 2007
Nigerian men are lazy because Nigerian women don't appreciate a good hardworking man ! They'd rather run after yahoo boys or the politicians ! Average Nigerian woman does not know that there is plenty of love and values in the heart of a black man. All they do is call love "yeye" and run after some putt-bellied, Gorilla-looking politician. Awon Omo onisekuse !
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by presido1: 9:51pm On Nov 11, 2007
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by na2day2(m): 11:41pm On Nov 11, 2007
hmmmmm, if nigerian men r that bad, go marry akata now. y u dey follow us come online dey run ur mouth?
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by adconline(m): 3:20am On Nov 12, 2007
did u also tell us who paid the bill for the shopping spree? The woman or the man? I am looking for a woman who will pay all the bills for me and I [b]WILL[/b]L do all the chores and carries guaranteed. I promise
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by na2day2(m): 3:46am On Nov 12, 2007
lol. good one

adconline:

did u also tell us who paid the bill for the shopping spree? The woman or the man? I am looking for a woman who will pay all the bills for me and I [b]WILL[/b]L do all the chores and carries guaranteed. I promise
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by yewaman1(m): 7:25am On Nov 12, 2007
Why the generalisation? undecided
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by teetee2(f): 12:33pm On Nov 12, 2007
Not that Nigerian men are lazy, it is due to our culture/belief that men could only do dat under an influence of juju because our (Nigeria) men staying abroad do carry thief wives bags when go shopping here in Nigeria during holiday without care for any gossip. Even they let their families aware dat wives are not met to be slave.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by presido1: 12:44pm On Nov 12, 2007
When them 9ja women call their husband Oga how will they expect their Oga to carry their bag. Oga and servant goes hand in hand. Anybody that call somebody Oga must be that persons servant. grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by aseda(m): 1:06pm On Nov 12, 2007
In a proper African setting.The man is at liberty to choose exactly where to assist in the household chores BUT what is most important is for him to provide MONEY for the shopping.

Anything less,he's not a Naija man.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by Bblak(f): 1:23pm On Nov 12, 2007
Not all of them but majority are highly insensitive.The Egoism thing u know wink
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by londoner: 1:27pm On Nov 12, 2007
Interesting, and what if the lady has enough money for shopping, ie because she has a well paying job?
I remember staying with one of my Aunts in the states, they have three small children. My aunt was at work and the daughters hair needed combing, instead of just combing the hair, it was left by her husband, simply  because it wasn't appropriate for a man to do. I thought it was so silly, why not just comb your own daughters hair if it needed it? Instead he would rather go out with her hair unkempt. Why should that be a measure of manhood? What about fatherhood?

I just dont get it, lol
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by richylaw(m): 2:02pm On Nov 12, 2007
It is sad to still realise that some fellas here still generalize personal issues or individual behaviour, when it is actually meant to be separated. First and foremost I stand to say that it is an understatement to say Nigerian men are insensitive. The fact that only one has behaved like a monkey does not make all others the same. Even in Nigeria we see a lot of men who help their wives in the day to day activity.

londoner:

I remember staying with one of my Aunts in the states, they have three small children. My aunt was at work and the daughters hair needed combing, instead of just combing the hair, it was left by her husband, simply because it wasn't appropriate for a man to do. I thought it was so silly, why not just comb your own daughters hair if it needed it? Instead he would rather go out with her hair unkempt. Why should that be a measure of manhood? What about fatherhood?

I just don't get it, lol

From this I beleive you know it deep in you that not all Nigerian fathers will behave like your inlaw. As for me I am a guy, though not married but I weave hair for my little nieces because I am good in the art, in fact a couple of my inlaws learnt how to make different hair-do through me, DO YOU EXPECT ME TO NOW WAIT FOR MY WIFE TO COME AND DO SIMPLE COMBING ON A CHILDS HAIR LATER IN FUTURE?

In summary this has to do with individual differences , it should not be generalised. pppplllllzzzzzzzz
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by londoner: 2:12pm On Nov 12, 2007
@ Richylaw, I am well aware that some men help with domestic things, this was one example.  How many Nigerian men braid their daughters hair though I wonder, let alone combing it? I think its very good that you do that, but If you tell your Nigerian friends that you braid hair, what is their reaction?
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by amaikama(m): 3:06pm On Nov 12, 2007
what the heck if my wife carry the shopping home while am with her? does that make me irresponsible, lazy or don't love her? its possible am not in good health and just decide to follow her to the mall for some fresh air. angry
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by londoner: 3:14pm On Nov 12, 2007
Well, I dont think people would be complaining if the guy is sick and could not carry bags.
What do you think about someone who is in full health and does not offer to carry some bags, even if not all of them? Even if you met a male friend in the street carrying lots of bags bags, would you not offer to carry some? Let alone your own wife. Enough with the excuses fellas, lol
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by predi(m): 8:16pm On Nov 12, 2007
londoner-i like u alot o! i luv ur contributions onthe brightgirlee posts but plssssssssssssssssssssssssssss the guy just told u the problem wit dis debate and u still went on to generalize. ahn!ahn!
ki lo ma n se yin na!!
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by Leilah(f): 8:41pm On Nov 12, 2007
@poster answer = both
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by presido1: 9:00pm On Nov 12, 2007
Leilah:

@poster answer = both
What do u mean? I though you are Irish how many nigerian men do u know.
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 13, 2007
Haba! African women, becos we don't carry shooping bag or push buggie now we are lazy. You can call us any name under the sun, i thought what a man can do a woman can do better. So all this shout about woman empowerment( i think we are all equal).

You want the men to:

pay for the shopping,
push the buggie,
push the trolley,
open the car door for u,
pack all the shopping in the car,
put the children in the car sit
and perform at nite
Haba!!!!!!
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by moondust(m): 9:03am On Nov 13, 2007
I wonder if there's anything that women don't want men to do for them these days. . .he's supposed to clothe u, feed u, carry the baby, do the dishes, cook, and carry all the baggage, if not he doesn't love u. . .what manipulation.
yet the only thing they actually want to do for themselves is compete with men, status wise. . .good goin!
Re: Are Nigerian Men Lazy Or Just Completely Insensitive? by jgirl3: 11:15am On Nov 13, 2007
cool4ny:

Haba! African women, because we don't carry shooping bag or push buggie now we are lazy. You can call us any name under the sun, i thought what a man can do a woman can do better. So all this shout about woman empowerment( i think we are all equal).

You want the men to:

pay for the shopping,
push the buggie,
push the trolley,
open the car door for u,
pack all the shopping in the car,
put the children in the car sit
and perform at night
Haba!!!!!!

Children - women can take care of
Open car door women can do that

Performing at night - the only thing that can make a man too tired for sex is his job

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

An Honest Question From A Somali / Yoruba People Please I Need The Lords Prayer Translated: Ejo E Ronmilowo / Yoruba God Osun A Prostitute - Wikipedia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.