Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Is Nigeria A Country Of Choice? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria A Country Of Choice? (3774 Views)

How Can We Present This Person As President In A Country Of 160 Million? / Is Nigeria A Developing Or A 3rd World Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigeria A Country Of Choice? by bilms(m): 1:39pm On Apr 24, 2012
As Nigerians,we all have one thing in common and that is the intelligence God gave us. you have the choice to use your talent positively or negatively,its your choice. Just make a choice and you shall be remembered for the choice you made. Some people had choosed to use theirs negatively,this account for the negative image of our country, but we also have several people doing great things across the world.

If you choose to use your talent positively,the Nigerian environment is a good place for you and also the reverse in my opinion. Do you think Nigeria is a country of choice? where both negative and positive approach flourish?
Re: Is Nigeria A Country Of Choice? by Callotti: 1:43pm On Apr 24, 2012
No. Nigeria is not a country of choice. Unless you are a DIVINE, CONGENTAL criminal. kiss
Re: Is Nigeria A Country Of Choice? by Dede1(m): 2:21pm On Apr 24, 2012
To the question, I say no. Even when a person decides to do something about personal safety to counter the negativity precipitated by inherent criminal among us, the Nigerian government has refused to grant permission for self guard by denying the public right to bear arms.
Re: Is Nigeria A Country Of Choice? by bilms(m): 2:33pm On Apr 24, 2012
lol
Re: Is Nigeria A Country Of Choice? by MrOldskoolJP(m): 3:22pm On Apr 24, 2012
i wud say no cos if i was 2 choose mayb ghana,benin or vatican wud hav been a beta option...9ja sucks(puking lipsrsealed)
Re: Is Nigeria A Country Of Choice? by dangerzone: 3:28pm On Apr 24, 2012
Hmm indeed country of choice,is that the reason why 80% of nigerian youth chooses to be a fraudstar (yahoo boiz)than exploring that intelligence in a normal legal way that people around them will learn something meaningful.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria A Country Of Choice? by bilms(m): 3:38pm On Apr 24, 2012
did you just say 80%? i wonder how many percent of the youths are educated not to talk of 80% being a yahoo yahoo..lol
Re: Is Nigeria A Country Of Choice? by dangerzone: 3:45pm On Apr 24, 2012
Its an exageration bro its just a way that most nigerian youth chooses to be a criminal than trying hard to be better person
bilms: did you just say 80%? i wonder how many percent of the youths are educated not to talk of 80% being a yahoo yahoo..lol
Re: Is Nigeria A Country Of Choice? by bilms(m): 3:57pm On Apr 24, 2012
but why do we love to exaggerate out negative side yet make less appreciation of our positivity.?

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria A Country Of Choice? by achi4u(m): 4:20pm On Apr 24, 2012
Nigerians are not bad,we're good people trying to do great things just like the westerners but atimes the situation may force one to take some despreate measures.
@op,nigeria is not a country of my choice,if only we can divide,i think BIAFRA would be much better than this hostile entity lumpt together as a nation.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria A Country Of Choice? by Princesaha: 4:58pm On Apr 24, 2012
Nigeria is a place where evil is pronounced good so far u have the CONTROL PAPER. A land filled with greedy men and women. Only God can save us in this quagmire

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria A Country Of Choice? by GboyegaD(m): 6:09pm On Apr 24, 2012
achi4u: Nigerians are not bad,we're good people trying to do great things just like the westerners but atimes the situation may force one to take some despreate measures.
@op,nigeria is not a country of my choice,if only we can divide,i think BIAFRA would be much better than this hostile entity lumpt together as a nation.

Those desperate measures you said are the things that tell who we are. In essence, most people if they have their way would do things wrongly.
Re: Is Nigeria A Country Of Choice? by Blossom55: 6:45pm On Apr 24, 2012
To some, it is a country of choice, but to others, far from it. I'll share my view about this in relation to oil in nigeria. You'll agree with me that OIL IN NIGERIA IS A GAIN TO SOME AND LOSS TO OTHERS. Since the advent of oil exploitation in Nigeria, both government and the oil companies as well as few priviledged individuals have recorded great gains but at the expense and wellbeing of others. Oil pollution contaminating the water, land and air in the niger delta region affects adversely the source of livelihood in these communities; the soil is no longer arable, and potable water is scarce. And many people have lost their lives to disease and hunger resulting from this situation. Over the years, there have been diverse reactions from the people. Some underlined by greed, dissatisfaction, selfishness, anger and others by a sincere cry against the neglect of the niger delta communities by oil companies and the federal government. These reactions include: intra communal clashes, vandalization of oil pipelines, violent intra-family clashes, etc. One of such clashes was the clash between chief Isaac and Joshua Omos of Ogbijo community in Delta State. The problem began in 2005 when oil exploitation was to begin in a parcel of land belonging to their father. There were discripancies over the sum of money to be collected from the company. Chief Isaac who is the younger of the two brothers refused the offer by the company but the elder brother, Joshua went ahead and completed the transaction. This was the beginning of what became a war between the two brothers. Mr Joshua Omos who was a more gentle and honourable man did all he could to make peace reign but Chief Isaac wouldn't accept. In January 2007, he executed the wicked plan he has nursed in his heart all the while. He went to the house of his elder brother, Joshua Omons with his armed men at night and burnt it down. Mr Joshua Omos lost his life on the attack alongside his three grand daughters one of which was a very close friend of mine. I still miss her terribly. I knw it can happen anywhere but the level of insecurity in Nigeria is alarming and it's getting worse by day. God help Nigeria
Re: Is Nigeria A Country Of Choice? by achi4u(m): 9:44am On Apr 25, 2012
Blossom55: To some, it is a country of choice, but to others, far from it. I'll share my view about this in relation to oil in nigeria. You'll agree with me that OIL IN NIGERIA IS A GAIN TO SOME AND LOSS TO OTHERS. Since the advent of oil exploitation in Nigeria, both government and the oil companies as well as few priviledged individuals have recorded great gains but at the expense and wellbeing of others. Oil pollution contaminating the water, land and air in the niger delta region affects adversely the source of livelihood in these communities; the soil is no longer arable, and potable water is scarce. And many people have lost their lives to disease and hunger resulting from this situation. Over the years, there have been diverse reactions from the people. Some underlined by greed, dissatisfaction, selfishness, anger and others by a sincere cry against the neglect of the niger delta communities by oil companies and the federal government. These reactions include: intra communal clashes, vandalization of oil pipelines, violent intra-family clashes, etc. One of such clashes was the clash between chief Isaac and Joshua Omos of Ogbijo community in Delta State. The problem began in 2005 when oil exploitation was to begin in a parcel of land belonging to their father. There were discripancies over the sum of money to be collected from the company. Chief Isaac who is the younger of the two brothers refused the offer by the company but the elder brother, Joshua went ahead and completed the transaction. This was the beginning of what became a war between the two brothers. Mr Joshua Omos who was a more gentle and honourable man did all he could to make peace reign but Chief Isaac wouldn't accept. In January 2007, he executed the wicked plan he has nursed in his heart all the while. He went to the house of his elder brother, Joshua Omons with his armed men at night and burnt it down. Mr Joshua Omos lost his life on the attack alongside his three grand daughters one of which was a very close friend of mine. I still miss her terribly. I knw it can happen anywhere but the level of insecurity in Nigeria is alarming and it's getting worse by day. God help Nigeria
nawa o for some ppl,killing your own blood beause of paper money.
Re: Is Nigeria A Country Of Choice? by AjiiSewedo(m): 11:46am On Apr 25, 2012
Yes! Nigeria is a Country of Choice. BUT so called leader have no plan 4 the masses. We are lack of management of our resource.
Re: Is Nigeria A Country Of Choice? by Venchy: 12:10pm On Apr 25, 2012
Country of Choice Let's break it down,

1) GOOD DOCTORS but NO GOOD FACILITIES, but our CROOK LEADERS can afford to fly abroad and thesame Nigerian Doctors that was let down.
2) NO ELECTRICITY......can those people that says Nigeria is not that bad tell me what impact electricity have in our daily lives and businesses??......A big set back for businesses and all areas of lives but electricity have never blink in their £2mil houses in HAMPSTEAD with tax payers money....like the IDIOT IBORI.
3) No good ROAD and Transportation.....how can businesses flow and people move from one state to the other without the fear of your life considering all the DEATH TRAPS we called road.

To those that says Naija is not that bad.....my advice to them is to travel out and do what is called VISIBILITY STUDIES and not a shopping spree on the street of OXFORD ST or NY, PARIS e.t.c.

Come back and tell me what you see.....if there's anything good then I'll bow down for you.

To summaries it, it's NOT a country of choice because millions of Nigerians are suffering and smilling.....GREAT FELA said it long time.

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria A Country Of Choice? by bilms(m): 12:22pm On Apr 25, 2012
smiley
Re: Is Nigeria A Country Of Choice? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 25, 2012
Coat my username,this country is ..,.,.,.,dnt knw wat to say
Re: Is Nigeria A Country Of Choice? by bilms(m): 2:33pm On Apr 25, 2012
lol
Re: Is Nigeria A Country Of Choice? by lastcenter: 6:18pm On Apr 26, 2012
bilms: As Nigerians,we all have one thing in common and that is the intelligence God gave us. you have the choice to use your talent positively or negatively,its your choice. Just make a choice and you shall be remembered for the choice you made. Some people had choosed to use theirs negatively,this account for the negative image of our country, but we also have several people doing great things across the world.

If you choose to use your talent positively,the Nigerian environment is a good place for you and also the reverse in my opinion. Do you think Nigeria is a country of choice? where both negative and positive approach flourish?

Me thinks people hated your painting. Now Start talking and finish the Job cool. Your salary is..

Re: Is Nigeria A Country Of Choice? by bilms(m): 10:18am On Apr 27, 2012
?

(1) (Reply)

TAN Rally Happening In PH Right Now / Jimi Agbaje Resoundingly Wins LCCI Debate / Adams Oshiomole Impose #70,000 Monthly Tax On Borehole Owners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.