Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,485 members, 7,816,149 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

"They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group (6141 Views)

Middle-belt Group Dump Buhari And Pledge Their Support To Jonathan / They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt / Obasanjo Almost Lost His Joystick During Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group by oncode1: 9:36am On Apr 25, 2012
"They Tricked us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group Says They Are Not Part of Northern Nigeria
THE WAY FORWARD
Chikwendu Chukwudi

A Nation at War with Self

THE United Middle Belt Youth Congress (UMBYC), a group at the forefront of mapping out the North Central geopolitical zone as Middle Belt has lampooned the north for lining up soldiers from the zone against the Igbos during the Nigerian civil war.

They said the core north easily achieved this by exploiting the command structure of the military and manufacturing fear that Biafra is out to overrun them.

"We know the ignorant years that have passed when we went to war. When they mobilised us to war and told us 'ah they want to terminate you people. The Igbos are majority and in fact they are coming to swallow you people'"

"A lot of us went to the bush to fight. I know how many families of our brothers that we lost in that war. Not to talk about our other brothers, the Igbos who we went to fight ignorantly."

The president-general, Abuka Omababa disclosed this during a courtesy visit of the group to The Moment in Ogudu, Lagos recently saying that the hackneyed concept of 'one north' was also crafted with the connivance of the British to mislead the rest of the country into believing an existence of a gigantic and awesome 'north'.

He added that while it was disheartening enough that they were manipulated into a fratricidal war with the Igbo, the Hausa/Fulani 'were in Sokoto and Kano relaxing and watching the two of us kill each other.'

The group consequently declared that the days they were play-thing in the hands of 'the North' are over for good. They therefore extend a hand of fellowship to other ethnic nationality groups in Nigeria saying that 'without us there is no north; no Middle Belt, no North. If we remove ourselves they are disconnected from Nigeria. So we are the bridge. We have served as the bridge.'

The group said that serial cases of religious intolerance in the north are championed by the Hausa/Fulani who are moulded to perceive non-Muslim practitioners with distaste. They dissociated the Middle Belt from it saying they see others as members of a single humanity rather than with religious or other colourations.

http://www.africaundisguised.com/newsportal/story/they-tricked-us-fighting-igbos-during-civil-war-middle-belt-group-says-they-are-not-part-north
Re: "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group by gulfer: 9:48am On Apr 25, 2012
If they tricked you, then you are STUPID. Are they still tricking you now?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group by austinsmat(m): 11:28am On Apr 25, 2012
enemsis is at war now for the genocide commited aganist igbo asari dukubo is blaming there fathers for making them hate and fought igbo now is middle belt where are by the side watching

1 Like

Re: "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group by Ufeolorun(m): 12:29pm On Apr 25, 2012
Shocking joke,tricked into carrying rifles?blimey! Lol
Re: "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group by belovedaja(m): 1:44pm On Apr 25, 2012
I dey laf una
Re: "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group by 9jaIhail(m): 1:46pm On Apr 25, 2012
I think the boys are becoming men nawadays.Hehehehe the days has gone when Yoruba put together with their hausa/fulani masters can trick this people.This is a loud wake up call.

1 Like

Re: "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group by ak47mann(m): 2:02pm On Apr 25, 2012
As i said earlier, that christian of the north is just realizing the agenda of their fellow northern jihadism..........but is a bit late...they have to be on defensive for a very long time.Confronting the internal war b/w them is a big struggle GOD knows when it will stop cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group by Ejine(m): 2:12pm On Apr 25, 2012
Looks like Middle Belters are even far dumber than the North.

1 Like

Re: "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 25, 2012
nobody tricked anyone! the biafra war wasn't a war between biafra and hausa people,it was a war between biafra and nigeria! it wasn't a question of angas man are you going to fight?,?yoruba man are you going to fight? or tiv man are you going to fight? all were enlisted as nigerians in the nigerian army! name a tribe outside biafra that didn't take part in the fight against biafra!

1 Like

Re: "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group by ak47mann(m): 2:18pm On Apr 25, 2012
torkaka: nobody tricked anyone! the biafra war wasn't a war between biafra and hausa people,it was a war between biafra and nigeria! it wasn't a question of angas man are you going to fight?,?yoruba man are you going to fight? or tiv man are you going to fight? all were enlisted as nigerians in the nigerian army! name a tribe outside biafra that didn't take part in the fight against biafra!
say it again coolis actually a war b/w foreign powers under Nigerian umbrella cool
Re: "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group by emmke(m): 3:04pm On Apr 25, 2012
men take responsibilities for their actions (or inactions). Men don't make excuses or blame others. The take responsibilities, learn their lessons, live with whatever consequence and move on. My fellow middle belt youths, no one was tricked into any war.

1 Like

Re: "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 25, 2012
Yakubu Gown is from north central and Head of state that declared war on ibos, so who are the youths of yesterday crying that they were forced to fight ibos ? By who if i may ask ? tongue Jobless folks
Re: "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group by Jeel: 3:31pm On Apr 25, 2012
Lol
Re: "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group by orufe: 3:45pm On Apr 25, 2012
We are so sorry.
If your parents or your leaders lied to you about Igbos or tricked you to believing wrogly about Igbos come forward and apologise to Ndigbo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 25, 2012
Lol.......tricked into carrying arms against a people running being eliminated in the north simply because they're easterners? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
How much Asari give these people sef?

Abeg, everyone should answer their papa name.
Nigerian will first be split along regional lines of the first replublic upon division. We don't need excess baggage in the east!

1 Like

Re: "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group by kasiem(m): 4:25pm On Apr 25, 2012
bluetooth, better go to one of this almajiri schools in ur area and learn that gowon was used as a stooge by the core northerners who carried out the coup that placed him. @ topic
my middle belt youths, there's no point yowling like terrible souls, in order, to seek for d sympathy of the igbos at this ur trial period, just face ur war and fight it the igbos fought theirs.

2 Likes

Re: "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 25, 2012
kasiem: bluetooth, better go to one of this almajiri schools in ur area and learn that gowon was used as a stooge by the core northerners who carried out the coup that placed him. @ topic
my middle belt youths, there's no point yowling like terrible souls, in order, to seek for d sympathy of the igbos at this ur trial period, just face ur war and fight it the igbos fought theirs.

gowon was stooge to who ? E ma gbami ke ! tongue
Re: "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group by naijaking1: 4:44pm On Apr 25, 2012
torkaka: nobody tricked anyone! the biafra war wasn't a war between biafra and hausa people,it was a war between biafra and nigeria! it wasn't a question of angas man are you going to fight?,?yoruba man are you going to fight? or tiv man are you going to fight? all were enlisted as nigerians in the nigerian army! name a tribe outside biafra that didn't take part in the fight against biafra!

Did you really misunderstand their message? They didn't mean that they were the only people brought forward to fight Biafrans, everybody knows that there were more middle belters in the ranks of Gowon, Danjuma, Bali, Mark, Dimka, Useni, Ochefu, etc, etc,etc. who weighed in with massive manpower support to tilt the war against Biafrans. No question there were Yorubas(OBJ, Adekunles), Hausa/Fulanis(Murtala, Buhari), but everyone knew the Langtang mafia from Benue Plateau ran the show.
Re: "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group by kasiem(m): 5:11pm On Apr 25, 2012
bluetooth, u'll get the answer to ur question in one of this almajiri schools brought to ur doorstep by gej. thankgod for fresh air.

1 Like

Re: "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 25, 2012
@naijaking
of course they were more middle belters fighting biafra cause they were more middle belters in the army then!

1 Like

Re: "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group by 9jaIhail(m): 7:02pm On Apr 25, 2012
kasiem: bluetooth, u'll get the answer to ur question in one of this almajiri schools brought to ur doorstep by gej. thankgod for fresh air.

IMAOOOOOOOO Almajiri school for bluetooth hahahahahahahahahahahahaha laugh want kill me with the almajiri fresh air school at bluetooth door step.
Re: "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group by Chyz2: 7:11pm On Apr 25, 2012
I laugh. They were the ones who committed the pogrom of igbos in the North even before the civil war,not the hausa/fulani per se. As a matter of fact, the middle belt made up the bulk of the soldiers from the north at the time so dont know what they're talking about. what goes around comes around.
Re: "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group by 9jaIhail(m): 7:12pm On Apr 25, 2012
kasiem: bluetooth, better go to one of this almajiri schools in ur area and learn that gowon was used as a stooge by the core northerners who carried out the coup that placed him. @ topic

Hell no bro, dey send you? i am trying to recover from the first comment about bluetooth attending almajiri school here you drop another one.If i laugh off my head i will definitely report you to the police oooo.But come to think of it blueteeth abi na wetin be ur name self you deserve that GEJ almajiri school i am judging by your utterances here.I noticed some kind of almajiri syndrome flowing in you vain imaoooooooo no offense just a kind advice as a nice southern brother.
Re: "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group by 9jaIhail(m): 7:15pm On Apr 25, 2012
Chyz*:
I laugh. They were the ones who committed the pogrom of igbos in the North even before the civil war,not the hausa/fulani per se. As a matter of fact, the middle belt made up the bulk of the soldiers from the north at the time so dont know what they're talking about. what goes around comes around.

Chyz my brother did you noticed someone here advising bluetooth to attend almajiri school to help him grow up.omg
Re: "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 25, 2012
it remains the yaribas
i don't expect one from them tho
in nigeria it is east and middlebelt vs aboki and their Yoruba wives
Yoruba will do so after aboki don apologize

1 Like

Re: "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group by revolt(m): 9:11pm On Apr 25, 2012
The last tyme I remember the greatest pogrom was comitted in markurdi by indigenes against igbos tht action triggered the civil war and it wasn't hausa leading! Truth is the middle belt even spread more vile than abokis!! Nowtheyre blaming hausa! Abegy! The blood of 1966 is crying out! It'll do so till there's a revival

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group by aljharem(m): 9:18pm On Apr 25, 2012
re@lchange:
it remains the yaribas
i don't expect one from them tho
in nigeria it is east and middlebelt vs aboki and their Yoruba wives
Yoruba will do so after aboki don apologize

eerrrrmmmm, Yorubas aka Yoruba and the abokis were the first group to apologise, but of course you do not know that do you ?
Re: "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group by ebere1712: 11:46pm On Apr 25, 2012
alj harem:

eerrrrmmmm, Yorubas aka Yoruba and the abokis were the first group to apologise, but of course you do not know that do you ?

My friend go and sit down.
Re: "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group by Abbeypremium(m): 12:12am On Apr 26, 2012
You may call Yorubas any name your myopic brain imagined, all we care is, it was the most honourable thing to do then, a task to keep Nigeria one. It may please you to know that our fathers sacrificed much to gain the independence, what they put in the project called Nigeria is far more than any region (check your history). Any sensible man will always safeguard his investment. As it was then, so shall it be now, be informed that Yorubas will never support any disgruntled region who want to cause another havoc in this nation. No regret, no crocodile tears or apology coming from us.

1 Like

Re: "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group by ak47mann(m): 12:21am On Apr 26, 2012
Take your time dont rush the clock cool cool
Re: "They Tricked Us Into Fighting Igbos During Civil War" - Middle Belt Group by naijaking1: 12:45am On Apr 26, 2012
Does Gowon and Danjuma know about UMBYC?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uduaghan Explains N7.4b Asaba Airport Expenditure / Nairaland Rule 2 Update: My View. / President Buhari's Mercedes Car - What About His Promise To Tackle Corruption?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.