Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,704 members, 7,813,325 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld (1137970 Views)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (1820) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 9:07am On Feb 14, 2018
EPL dominance in the Champions League is about to start again.

In the past Four seasons, the Champions League trophy has been shared between Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Our dominance (Spain) is fading away slowly.

Madrid please make me happy today.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 9:12am On Feb 14, 2018
monerozi5590:
EPL dominance in the Champions League is about to start again.

In the past Four seasons, the Champions League trophy has been shared between Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Our dominance (Spain) is fading away slowly.

Madrid please make me happy today.
and if all 5 EPL should go through. Then it won't be funny for us.
Hope Madrid gets pass psg
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Neymar1095(m): 10:32am On Feb 14, 2018
We're 10 hours away from witnessing the end of Real Madrid's season and Cristiano Ronaldo's career.

1 Like

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 11:59am On Feb 14, 2018
Miremoses1:
and if all 5 EPL should go through. Then it won't be funny for us.
Hope Madrid gets pass psg

We really need to take the game to PSG to night.

We need to press high up the pitch and try and dominate possession.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 1:59pm On Feb 14, 2018
monerozi5590:

I hope so. Which formation are you looking forward to. 4-3-3 or 4-4-2
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Melvyn11: 2:41pm On Feb 14, 2018
Jesus psg are so over hyped. Apart from Neymar that team is weak. Madrid go to trash them.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by jamescross: 3:32pm On Feb 14, 2018
Miremoses1:
4 Tottenham players? You are wicked grin. Let's buy them all grin.but to me Toby, Lloris aren't Madrid material
I don't even want Lloris but Toby can be a very good backup defender and will come cheap or we get an alternative like that Holland CB that plays for Lazio d vjil or so
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by jamescross: 3:41pm On Feb 14, 2018
Melvyn11:
Jesus psg are so over hyped. Apart from Neymar that team is weak. Madrid go to trash them.
PSG might be over hyped but they also have a better 9 than us and that could also count. I hope Cavani is in his wasteful ventures today. I would go with a 4-4-2 today anyway zizou should just pick the appropriate 11 to win us this game with a clean sheet.
monerozi5590:

pressing high up the pitch would expose our 'annoying' defenders to the same counter attacks we have been conceding goals by. those silly errors they make. I get the point is to retain the ball and limit psg's time on the ball. I would prefer if we are efficient on quick attacks and hit them fast the way we are used to then control the game at later stages. pressing high up we make our defenders commit lots of fouls.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by SerVik(m): 3:46pm On Feb 14, 2018
Thread suddenly becomes lively and fans cocky because of a win against sociedad. Wow!
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by KinzyeWriter(m): 3:46pm On Feb 14, 2018
jamescross:
PSG might be over hyped but they also have a better 9 than us and that could also count. I hope Cavani is in his wasteful ventures today. I would go with a 4-4-2 today anyway zizou should just pick the appropriate 11 to win us this game with a clean sheet. pressing high up the pitch would expose our 'annoying' defenders to the same counter attacks we have been conceding goals by. those silly errors they make. I get the point is to retain the ball and limit psg's time on the ball. I would prefer if we are efficient on quick attacks and hit them fast the way we are used to then control the game at later stages. pressing high up we make our defenders commit lots of fouls.

Real Madrid should find a way to have a stable back and casemiro to be outstanding today... Then success is near
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 3:57pm On Feb 14, 2018
Verratti returns to the scene of his worst nightmares

The Estadio Santiago Bernabeu is probably not Marco Verratti's favourite football stadium.

The Italian midfielder has played there on two occasions and didn't have much fun on either occasion.

The first time was in October of 2015 when Paris Saint-Germain visited Real Madrid in the Champions League group stages and the midfielder had to come off injured after just 15 minutes.

Verratti was criticised after that experienced, accused of not being prepared for the biggest matches.

He then returned last September with the Italian national team and he was completely outclassed by the Spanish midfield in a 3-0 defeat.

Isco was particularly cruel to Verratti that evening, nutmegging him in spectacular fashion and dribbling past him on four occasions.

On Wednesday evening the player pursued by Barcelona last summer will return to Real Madrid's stadium and he'll hoping it will be third time lucky at the venue.

Fortunately for Verratti, Isco is expected to be on the bench, but it still won't be easy to stamp his authority in the middle of the field, with Casemiro, Luka Mordic and Toni Kroos going up against him.

3 Likes

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by jamescross: 4:38pm On Feb 14, 2018
KinzyeWriter:

Real Madrid should find a way to have a stable back and casemiro to be outstanding today... Then success is near
I agree I said it before the five out field players am backing to do us a big favour today 1. Varane 2. Casemiro 3. Ronaldo 4. Benzema not f'ing up and letting Cavani outshine him 5. Modric to bring in his A game today

I don't trust Ramos and Marcelo, maybe to cause a goal not to prevent one. my cards are open on Nacho, Kross has his days and Bale should not be making a mistake today for g sake.

Varane is our hope for a clean sheet, Casemiro that our midfield stay defensively solid and if it's a 4-4-2 Kovacic to show the genus in him.

1 Like

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 4:40pm On Feb 14, 2018
All I'm asking for is a 4-4-2. We need to boss that midfield
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdam16: 4:56pm On Feb 14, 2018
Melvyn11:

They aren't. Look at their line-up. It'd go shoulder to shoulder with any top team in Europe.

The only think PSG lacks is pedigree. But to say they're over-hyped isn't fact. The hype is real, and if we play like the way we played against Girona or Real Betis, we go pack am tire.

-Lord
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdam16: 5:02pm On Feb 14, 2018
SerVik:
Thread suddenly becomes lively and fans cocky because of a win against sociedad. Wow!

Cocky?

You Barca fans sha! Welcome to the party.

We are only being positive.

-Lord
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 5:05pm On Feb 14, 2018
Revealed: Why Mbappe snubbed Real Madrid for PSG

The 19-year-old had the chance to join Zinedine Zidane's side so why exactly did he reject the chance to play alongside his idol Cristiano Ronaldo?

Kylian Mbappe will line up alongside Neymar, Angel di Maria and PSG's other collection of stars at the Bernabeu on Wednesday night, but it could well have been an entirely different story.

The Ligue 1 side meet Real Madrid in arguably the tie of the round in the last 16 of the Champions League and, for Mbappe, it represents an opportunity to face a set of opponents who could have easily been his team-mates.

As has been well documented, and confirmed by coach Zinedine Zidane, Madrid were most definitely in the race to sign Mbappe in the summer of 2017.

So, what went wrong?

Madrid were European champions, league winners too. They possessed a French head coach who happens to be one the greatest players of all-time and, crucially you would've thought, they had Cristiano Ronaldo - Mbappe's childhood hero.

That's not to mention the impressive wages that would've been on offer from Los Blancos, the prestige of playing at the Bernabeu, the club's illustrious trophy-filled history, their Galactico ethos. The list goes on. It seemed Mbappe to Madrid was a no-brainer.

But, perhaps surprisingly to many onlookers, he still chose Paris.

Why? The main reason was the project, and the guarantee of regular playing time.

Mbappe, fresh from winning the league title with Monaco and announcing himself as one of, if not the brightest young talent in European football, had to be a pivotal part of the starting XI.

With the presence of Ronaldo, Gareth Bale, Karim Benzema, Isco, Lucas Vazquez and Marco Asensio this was not something Madrid could offer. With a World Cup around the corner, that just wasn't good enough for Mbappe.

The next reason? Paris.

The French capital was where Mbappe was born and grew up. This was his city, and PSG was going to be his club.

As the man himself told Marca in December: "[Joining Madrid] would have been like a Real Madrid-supporting kid from Madrid having the chance to play for his team and deciding to go somewhere else, to another country."

And the final reason? Money.

That's not to say that Mbappe is motivated solely by monetary gains or that he smelt PSG and their cash coming from a mile off. Far from it.

The fact is that PSG are a financial powerhouse in the modern game and they were willing to pay a significant figure to make sure they got their man.

Madrid, for their part, couldn't, or at least chose not to, compete with PSG's riches. L'Equipe reports that the 19-year-old is the third-highest paid player in Ligue 1 and earns around €1.5 million per month.

That sort of money would've put this, albeit supremely talented, teenager with just the one league title to his name in the same wage bracket as the likes of Ronaldo and Bale.

That, financially and almost certainly with one eye on keeping their current mega stars appeased, just didn't add up for Madrid.

Mbappe's decision to swap Monaco for PSG certainly wasn't the spur-of-the-moment, hasty decision of a teenager who didn't really know what he was doing. Quite the opposite, in fact.

As Mbappe continues to star in the French league, Madrid fans will be left wondering what might have been. And, on Wednesday night, there's every chance he'll show Florentino Perez, Zidane and all those connected with the Spanish club exactly what they're missing.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdam16: 5:06pm On Feb 14, 2018
jamescross:
I agree I said it before the five out field players am backing to do us a big favour today 1. Varane 2. Casemiro 3. Ronaldo 4. Benzema not f'ing up and letting Cavani outshine him 5. Modric to bring in his A game today

I don't trust Ramos and Marcelo, maybe to cause a goal not to prevent one. my cards are open on Nacho, Kross has his days and Bale should not be making a mistake today for g sake.

Varane is our hope for a clean sheet, Casemiro that our midfield stay defensively solid and if it's a 4-4-2 Kovacic to show the genus in him.

I never expect Benzema to perform. Saves me the heartache of watching him flunk chances.

The only issue really is for the team to bring their A game... for the full 90 minutes. If they do, it'd rub off on all of them. Some players start making positional errors, leaving their markers, or come out of the dugout in the second 45 looking lost, it'd start falling apart.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 5:07pm On Feb 14, 2018
So i heard thiago Silva will be dropped from psg starting line-up. How true is this
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdam16: 5:09pm On Feb 14, 2018
Miremoses1:
Revealed: Why Mbappe snubbed Real Madrid for PSG

The 19-year-old had the chance to join Zinedine Zidane's side so why exactly did he reject the chance to play alongside his idol Cristiano Ronaldo?

Kylian Mbappe will line up alongside Neymar, Angel di Maria and PSG's other collection of stars at the Bernabeu on Wednesday night, but it could well have been an entirely different story.

The Ligue 1 side meet Real Madrid in arguably the tie of the round in the last 16 of the Champions League and, for Mbappe, it represents an opportunity to face a set of opponents who could have easily been his team-mates.

As has been well documented, and confirmed by coach Zinedine Zidane, Madrid were most definitely in the race to sign Mbappe in the summer of 2017.

So, what went wrong?

Madrid were European champions, league winners too. They possessed a French head coach who happens to be one the greatest players of all-time and, crucially you would've thought, they had Cristiano Ronaldo - Mbappe's childhood hero.

That's not to mention the impressive wages that would've been on offer from Los Blancos, the prestige of playing at the Bernabeu, the club's illustrious trophy-filled history, their Galactico ethos. The list goes on. It seemed Mbappe to Madrid was a no-brainer.

But, perhaps surprisingly to many onlookers, he still chose Paris.

Why? The main reason was the project, and the guarantee of regular playing time.

Mbappe, fresh from winning the league title with Monaco and announcing himself as one of, if not the brightest young talent in European football, had to be a pivotal part of the starting XI.

With the presence of Ronaldo, Gareth Bale, Karim Benzema, Isco, Lucas Vazquez and Marco Asensio this was not something Madrid could offer. With a World Cup around the corner, that just wasn't good enough for Mbappe.

The next reason? Paris.

The French capital was where Mbappe was born and grew up. This was his city, and PSG was going to be his club.

As the man himself told Marca in December: "[Joining Madrid] would have been like a Real Madrid-supporting kid from Madrid having the chance to play for his team and deciding to go somewhere else, to another country."

And the final reason? Money.

That's not to say that Mbappe is motivated solely by monetary gains or that he smelt PSG and their cash coming from a mile off. Far from it.

The fact is that PSG are a financial powerhouse in the modern game and they were willing to pay a significant figure to make sure they got their man.

Madrid, for their part, couldn't, or at least chose not to, compete with PSG's riches. L'Equipe reports that the 19-year-old is the third-highest paid player in Ligue 1 and earns around €1.5 million per month.

That sort of money would've put this, albeit supremely talented, teenager with just the one league title to his name in the same wage bracket as the likes of Ronaldo and Bale.

That, financially and almost certainly with one eye on keeping their current mega stars appeased, just didn't add up for Madrid.

Mbappe's decision to swap Monaco for PSG certainly wasn't the spur-of-the-moment, hasty decision of a teenager who didn't really know what he was doing. Quite the opposite, in fact.

As Mbappe continues to star in the French league, Madrid fans will be left wondering what might have been. And, on Wednesday night, there's every chance he'll show Florentino Perez, Zidane and all those connected with the Spanish club exactly what they're missing.

Eh!

We understand and wish him the best.

-Lord
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdam16: 5:10pm On Feb 14, 2018
Miremoses1:
So i heard thiago Silva will be dropped from psg starting line-up. How true is this

We'd find out in a couple of hours.

Did the rumor state the reason?

-Lord
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 5:22pm On Feb 14, 2018
LordAdam16:

We'd find out in a couple of hours.

Did the rumor state the reason?

-Lord
not really. Maybe based on form. But not sure.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 5:24pm On Feb 14, 2018
Few more hours to the Match that will make or damage the rest of our season.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Rajmeista(m): 5:39pm On Feb 14, 2018
Miremoses1:

Thiago Motta not Silva
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 5:51pm On Feb 14, 2018
Rajmeista:

Thiago Motta not Silva
motta is not even in the list. Silva is there but he will be benched. I know what I'm saying

1 Like

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 5:54pm On Feb 14, 2018
My source says that isco might bench bale undecided
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 14, 2018
Miremoses1:
Verratti returns to the scene of his worst nightmares

The Estadio Santiago Bernabeu is probably not Marco Verratti's favourite football stadium.

The Italian midfielder has played there on two occasions and didn't have much fun on either occasion.

The first time was in October of 2015 when Paris Saint-Germain visited Real Madrid in the Champions League group stages and the midfielder had to come off injured after just 15 minutes.

Verratti was criticised after that experienced, accused of not being prepared for the biggest matches.

He then returned last September with the Italian national team and he was completely outclassed by the Spanish midfield in a 3-0 defeat.

Isco was particularly cruel to Verratti that evening, nutmegging him in spectacular fashion and dribbling past him on four occasions.

On Wednesday evening the player pursued by Barcelona last summer will return to Real Madrid's stadium and he'll hoping it will be third time lucky at the venue.

Fortunately for Verratti, Isco is expected to be on the bench, but it still won't be easy to stamp his authority in the middle of the field, with Casemiro, Luka Mordic and Toni Kroos going up against him.

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 6:26pm On Feb 14, 2018
Miremoses1:
I hope so. Which formation are you looking forward to. 4-3-3 or 4-4-2

Would go for 4 4 2 if i were Zidane...That will limit the potency and efficacy of Neymar and Mbappe to some extent.
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 14, 2018
monerozi5590:

Would go for 4 4 2 if i were Zidane...That will limit the potency and efficacy of Neymar and Mbappe to some extent.

Just how it limited the efficacy of messi and suarez
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 7:41pm On Feb 14, 2018
Seems I was right after all. Silva out, isco in ahead of bale

Real Madrid vs PSG LINE-UPS: Isco starts as Bale sits on bench

The line-ups of Real Madrid vs PSG have been announced.

Real Madrid XI: Keylor Navas; Nacho, Varane, Sergio Ramos, Marcelo; Casemiro, Modric, Kroos, Isco; Benzema, Cristiano Ronald

PSG XI: Areola, Alves, Marquinhos, Kimpembe, Berchiche, L.Diarra, Rabiot, Verratti, Mbappé, Cavani, Neymar
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 14, 2018
Its time for the best team in the world to show its true colours.

Hala Madrid!!!

1 Like

Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 14, 2018
Miremoses1:
Seems I was right after all. Silva out, isco in ahead of bale

Real Madrid vs PSG LINE-UPS: Isco starts as Bale sits on bench

The line-ups of Real Madrid vs PSG have been announced.

Real Madrid XI: Keylor Navas; Nacho, Varane, Sergio Ramos, Marcelo; Casemiro, Modric, Kroos, Isco; Benzema, Cristiano Ronald

PSG XI: Areola, Alves, Marquinhos, Kimpembe, Berchiche, L.Diarra, Rabiot, Verratti, Mbappé, Cavani, Neymar

Let's trust Zidane on this.

Bale to be a super sub maybe
Re: R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 7:48pm On Feb 14, 2018
Linkfield:

Let's trust Zidane on this.

Bale to be a super sub maybe
I don't have any problem with starting isco. But the thing that bothers me most is his unseriousness. He dribbles to much. Hope he plays like a team member tonight.

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) ... (1820) (Reply)

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.