Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Nigeria To Import Fuel From Niger Republic - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Import Fuel From Niger Republic (8803 Views)

Tompolo: Withdraw Troops From Niger Delta – Ann-kio Briggs Warns Buhari / We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers / Photos Of The 3,000 Nigerians Deported From Niger Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Import Fuel From Niger Republic by sayusuf(m): 11:23pm On Apr 27, 2012
d problem of naija is population..we are too many, nd we consume. We produce nothing..we relay on oil..just compare..niger republic are abt 15mil, while naija 150mil..so nothing will be sufficient 2 us, nothing..
Re: Nigeria To Import Fuel From Niger Republic by Nobody: 1:12am On Apr 28, 2012
alj harem:

what !!!!

Oil is a natural commodity and scarcity should be rare. Onions and tomatoes seasonal crops and due to the sentimental nature of Nigeria that hate GMP then we have to settle for scarcity at times.

The ability of a COUNTRY LIKE NIGERIA WHICH IS THE 10TH OIL EXPORTING COUNTRY NOT BEING ABLE TO REFINE her oil is A BIG BIG SHAME. Now they want to be importing for Niger republic like they way they are importing from America etc

Export crude oil for peanuts, import refined oil products for gold. angry angry angry This is what PDP want and that is why Cabals would continue to eat this country dry

IDK but its like you're always out of point! what do you mean by natural commodity? is onion man made? or isnt it
a commodity? what is gmp? seasonal or no seasonal there still more onion in jos than portharcout.
how is what you post here relate to you quoting me of been mumu cos I said there re atimes scarcity
of oil occurs in the north! I wonder if you ever read what you writes or you just been s.tu.pid. I never asked for your useless opinion of why Nigeria have oil and still import, all i stated is that atimes there re scarcity inthe land and half bread better than none!
Re: Nigeria To Import Fuel From Niger Republic by ncpat(m): 2:58am On Apr 28, 2012
let them also import electricity and the citizen will play along
Re: Nigeria To Import Fuel From Niger Republic by Drlumi: 6:33am On Apr 28, 2012
[url="http://kudizone.com/blog/2012/04/27/one-day-cars-will-run-on-water/"]"One day, cars will run on water..." (why oil is not the way forward)
[/url]
Re: Nigeria To Import Fuel From Niger Republic by OneNaira6: 10:40am On Apr 28, 2012
Nigeria importation of everything including things una have more of than other states. SMH!! This country has no future
Re: Nigeria To Import Fuel From Niger Republic by 1025: 11:05am On Apr 28, 2012
I dont see anything wrong with the importation apart from the subsidy we may pay,
Nigeria has a very big population. I heard atimes there is scarcity of fuel
in northern part of nigeria, it may reduce it. remember when there is much supply
there will be less price.

@toaskerity,
i seriously pray that ur statement above was made out of ignorance. what is the population of nigeria and what is the quantity of nigerian petrolium? do you know how many countries of this world that depend on nigeria for petrol? last time, we heard that ghana will soon be supplying light to nigeria. we saw benin republic president won jonathan for ecowas chairman and now niger to supply u with petrol. are we going forward or backward. apart from stealing, what is this ur much talked about population doing? you only provide market for other countries like south africa to sale their products(mtn, dstv and stanbic ibtc bank just to mention but a few). what are u selling or exporting to the world? the power of the chinese economy is built around their population so tell me why our population has not helped us in anyway.
Re: Nigeria To Import Fuel From Niger Republic by cheikh: 2:04pm On Apr 28, 2012
[/b]igbo2011[b]
It is bettter having Niger refine our oil than having foreigners outside of Africa do it. We need more intra African trade so atleast Africans do business with Africans.

@^^ Yes every sane person supports intra-African trade/cooperation. The outrage is about questionable non transparent oil refinery close to Nigerian border that was built by a so called "impoverished" country(Niger) in quick time. Where is the oil coming from? Who are behind the idea/finance? Why could Niger build a refinery expediently and Nigeria with her oft taunted capacity, lacks the will/ability to rectify her parlous state of affairs in her local oil refining industry/incapacity? Are we really serious, patriotic nor honourable as a people at all? The so called leadership(Nigeria) is unpatriotic, sick and cynical.
Re: Nigeria To Import Fuel From Niger Republic by Gayigaskia(m): 6:25pm On Apr 28, 2012
cheikh: [/b]igbo2011[b]

@^^ Yes every sane person supports intra-African trade/cooperation. The outrage is about questionable non transparent oil refinery close to Nigerian border that was built by a so called "impoverished" country(Niger) in quick time. Where is the oil coming from? Who are behind the idea/finance? Why could Niger build a refinery expediently and Nigeria with her oft taunted capacity, lacks the will/ability to rectify her parlous state of affairs in her local oil refining industry/incapacity? Are we really serious, patriotic nor honourable as a people at all? The so called leadership(Nigeria) is unpatriotic, sick and cynical.

You obviously still think that Nigeria is really that Giant they said it is. In french west Africa they call it the giant with mud feet. Keep deceiving yourself, Niger has found its own oil and the refinery has been built with the Chinese investment. And mind you Niger will be by 2014 2nd only to Canada with the biggest Uranium mine in the world. So Niger is impoverished what about Nigeria? Rich?
Re: Nigeria To Import Fuel From Niger Republic by Theblessed(f): 6:57pm On Apr 28, 2012
[size=16pt]What a commendable achievement!

More grease to our elbow!!!

God bless Nigeria!
[/size]

Re: Nigeria To Import Fuel From Niger Republic by Kahwayy(f): 10:55pm On Apr 28, 2012
What an interesting country Nigeria is..... Having more than enough oil but importing
Re: Nigeria To Import Fuel From Niger Republic by cheikh: 5:07pm On Apr 29, 2012
Gayigaskia
You obviously still think that Nigeria is really that Giant they said it is. In french west Africa they call it the giant with mud feet. Keep deceiving yourself, Niger has found its own oil and the refinery has been built with the Chinese investment. And mind you Niger will be by 2014 2nd only to Canada with the biggest Uranium mine in the world. So Niger is impoverished what about Nigeria? Rich?

@^^ I have never for one minute assumed that Nigeria is that Great let alone a Giant. Uranium has been mined in Niger for quite sometime now hence Quadaffi and the French have always been interested in the place. It's not news or new info and it does not negate the fact that much of the Sahel region are impoverished by bad Leadership like Nigeria, Chad and Cameroons. It has nothing to do with "francophonie" or otherwise. Poverty, backwardness and bad leadership are the unifying attributes amongst us all. We cannot escape it. It's obvious that you are not amused by my choice of word "impoverished". What is there to be proud of In Nigeria and her equally corrupt poor neighbours? Please relax and do not get overly sentimental/touchy over nothing grin wink. The issue is about Nigeria and her inherent incompetence, self destructive corrupt leadership and not Niger per se.
Re: Nigeria To Import Fuel From Niger Republic by iyayi05: 5:25pm On Apr 29, 2012
IT'S NO SURPRISE, ANYHING CAN HAPPEN IN NIGERIA

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala Says Fg’s Spending On Salaries Has Quadrupled / See Rage, As Nnamdi Kanu Says No To Secret Trial(pics). / Buhari Would Rather Lose Than Rig 2019 Elections -femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.