Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,661 members, 7,809,502 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) (43491 Views)

WRESTLING FANS: Discussion Room. / All The Zombie Horror Fans - The Walking Dead (AMC's epic series) [Season 2) / Harry Potter Fans ♥:THE EPIC FINALE:*JULY 15TH 2011* the Deathly Hallows-Part2! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by probably: 2:26pm On May 11, 2012
nkem Kalu: Let me give u a tip of RANDAL KEITH (POPULARLY KNOWN AS RANDY ORTON) -THE APEX PREDATOR...THE VIPER....MAST OF RKO. One of the most feared and reverred member of the WWE. This guy was born on 1st April 1980 making him to be only 32years this year. He became the youngest WWE superstar to hold the World heavy weight title at the age of 24. His grand father, Father and Uncle were wrestlers and he is the 3rd generation of wrestlers to come out of that family. His grand father is popularly known as 'COWBOY BOB ORTON and his UNCLE is BArry Orton....he was born in 1958. As far back as 2006, Randy Orton was very friendly with EDGE and they formed a group called RATED-RKO and they used it to terrorise their perceived enemies and opponents and ofcourse they were the bad boys of WWE then. Two of them won the WWE TAG team championship in 2006. In 2007 RANDY won 2 WWE titles in one night in two separate fights. He fell apart with EDGE and went ahead to join forces with CODY RHODES and TED Dibiasse to form the Legacy group. They were simply hated by the WWE UNIVERSE as they were nothing but brutes. They were the bad boys of WWE then. They were even attacking Hall of famers and bigger super stars. RANDY ORTON -THE VIPER has won a total of 11 (eleven) WWE championship titles. 3 times as WWE world heavyweight champion, Six times WWE champion (the most coverted), intercontinental title (One time) and WWE Tag team championship with EDGE one time. He is also the winner of 2009 Royal rumble. He is married to SAMANTHA SPENO in 2007 After abusing and harrassing many DIVAS in WWE. He is tough, strong but DEADLY......and above all...he is my guy too.
pls give me detailed gist of hk hogan. He happens 2 b my favourite. I want 2 believe he s the longest lasting champion (I'm not sure) but pls fill in d blanks
Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by nkemKalu: 2:37pm On May 11, 2012
My friend Innocent wants to be a WRESTLER and needs an advice........hahahaha....in my dictionary nothing is impossible and if u can dream it then u can achieve it. It is that simple. Some one in this forum has given u some tips which I tend to agree on but unfortunately, the sports is not developed at all in Nigeria. And I believe that is why many still believe it is fake and does not exist and whatever they do their is acting. This is not true. It is never acting....U must first of all be a risk taker, U must be strong and have guts and most importantly have the ability to endure unimaginable pains. As I am talking to u now REY MYSTERIO has been out of action for 9months due to injury he sustained in the hands of ALBERTO DEL RIO who happens to come from the same country with him (MEXICO) This is because that thing they do that entertains u tears their body apart but it is one of the most rewarding and paying careers of our time. They are paid even much more higher than footballers and Basket ballers. Let me give u a clue on how POWER MIKE started and he remains the only one that made wrestling famous in NIGERIA bringing in some notable wrestlers like Mighty Igor, MIL Mascaras, Ali Baba of Lebanon, Dick the BULL DOG BROWER, BUDDY ROSE, MICHAEL HAYES, THE MONGOLS, CARLOS COLON AND THUNDERBOLT wILLIAMS etc. tO Lagos Nigeria in the early or Mid 70s.

Power MIKE or MICHAEL OKPARA (real name) was born in Anambra State in 1939. He was very strong naturally and at very early stage of his life started doing some unimaginable things like Lifting 4 (four men at a time), bending six inches nails with bare hand and breaking COCO nuts with his bare hands too. Later he started engaging several men in bouts at a time and was always winning. So this made him a local champion who could go out and display strength in public. People were also giving him token on watching his exploits. He was then called a 'SUPERMAN'. Later, he made his way to GREECE with the Igwe of ONITSHA then where he was spotted by a LEBANESE called KALIE ABDUKALIE who now trained him as a wrestler. After the training, he now started wresting in GREECE and was then known as a GREEK wrestler. It was later he now travelled to BRITAIN to fight. He fought with people like POWER JACK, ALI BABA, JOHNNY KWANGO, JOSEPH KOVACS JOHN TIGER of Canada etc. He became the AFRICAN WRESTLING CHAMPION and later WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT champion. He retired from active wrestling and became a promoter bringing in those wrestlers I mentioned to Nigeria for the first time. But after him nobody, I mean, no one in Nigeria has taken over the mantle from him. May be, we wait for people like U INNOCENT. But I will advise u keep training, keep pushing and try to travel abroad for training. There are no facilities here and u 'll hardly get sponsors here. Ofcourse, our people like where the soup is done so that they will get return on their investments quick quick. Hahahah.....hope u understand. But keep on trying. GOOD LUCK and not the JONATHAN TYPE....ooooo Also remember that in the developed countries there are Wrestling Schools scattered all over where u can go and learn the tactise. Bye.
Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by nkemKalu: 3:19pm On May 11, 2012
I want to correct the impression that KOFFI KINGSTON of Ghana is the only AFRICAN in WWE. This is wrong. There is JUSTIN GABRIEL from South Africa and BOOKER T from Cameron, though he is now an AFRICAN AMERICAN. Same with R-Truth, EZIKIEL JACKSON......all are AFRICANS but have naturalized in America....just like AKEEM OLAJUNWO of NIGERIA in BASKET BALL (NBA) is now called an American.
Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by innocent82: 3:27pm On May 11, 2012
Frostyzone:
I'm gonna be blunt with you friend:Forget it.
W.W.E don't just hire people out of the blue. Inother to have a prayer of performing there one day,you need to start building up your c.v among other things.
And when I say C.V I mean good records like numerous victories and amateur titles. They have to see you as someone with huge potential(like a good investment)
Another important thing is this:you need to have an high average tolerance to pain because professional wrestling is a game of pain. And you 're required to be a risk taker as well. Last but not the least you need to be in outstanding physical shape.
If you can pull all this pointers off, then the sky is your limit.
But realistically it's next to impossible because apart from all that you 're a foreigner.
Why do you think that there ain't a single Nigerian Wrestler in W.W.E presently?
The only one representing africa at the moment is Koffi Kingston who is supposedly Ghanaian but realistically American from jamaican extraction.
You can have a shot at other minor wrestling establishment scattered around the States but W.W.E is a loooong shot,believe me.

Ok thanks bro
Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by REDDEVILS1(m): 3:29pm On May 11, 2012
Torch1:
Cena has finally smelled what the Rock has been cooking but i never thought dat the Rock will beat Cena..
And in the other match between Triple H and Undertaker.. If not for Shawn Micheal that intervened do u think HHH would have hit Undertaker's skull with that Hammer??
In fair honesty i think Cena Rock match was fixed. John had more chances of pinfall buh never used it
Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by probably: 4:50pm On May 11, 2012
cool Nkem or frosty pls one of u should talk abt hulk hogans achievements. I believe he is d longest lasting heavy weight champion (I'm not certain ooo) pls fill us in on his career
Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by nkemKalu: 5:04pm On May 11, 2012
HULK HOGAN - REAL NAME IS TERRY BOLLEA AND WAS BORN 11TH AUGUST 1953. He started his wrestling career in 1977 after a stint in Music. He has two Children Brooke Hogan and Nick Hogan youngest of them but born in july, 27 1990. Hulk Hogan started his Professional wrestling in TNA (Total non stop Wrestling)and became popular in the 80s and 90s. He was first called HOLLYWOOD HOGAN. He was inducted into the WWE hall of fame in2005. He was 12 times world champion having won the WCW world heavyweight champion Six times and Six times WWF now WWE champion. HOGAN also won TAG team championship with EDGE. He is the winner of 1990 and 1991 Royal rumble making him the first wrestler to win the bout back to back. He was also the first to win WWE championship title 3times.

While he was in WCW he held the world heavyweight title for a whooping 469 days making him the first and longest title holder of all times. That name HULK HOGAN was given to him by Vincent MCMAHON when he bought his fathers company from him in 1982 and wanted him to be the face of WWF
Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by macen(m): 5:38pm On May 11, 2012
probably: cool Nkem or frosty pls one of u should talk abt hulk hogans achievements. I believe he is d longest lasting heavy weight champion (I'm not certain ooo) pls fill us in on his career
cant you search the internet yourself,you can check wikipedia or any other website for celebrity profiles
Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by Frostyzone(m): 5:41pm On May 11, 2012
nkem Kalu: I want to correct the impression that KOFFI KINGSTON of Ghana is the only AFRICAN in WWE. This is wrong. There is JUSTIN GABRIEL from South Africa and BOOKER T from Cameron, though he is now an AFRICAN AMERICAN. Same with R-Truth, EZIKIEL JACKSON......all are AFRICANS but have naturalized in America....just like AKEEM OLAJUNWO of NIGERIA in BASKET BALL (NBA) is now called an American.
I never said that Koffi Kingston was the only african in W.W.E.
I said that he was the only one representing us.
Those other ones you mentioned would tell you they are americans and that's it.
And don't be suprised that none grew up in their native country and thus can rightly tag themselves as been Americans.
That's why Gabriels will never come out publicly and states that he's from S.Africa because it's not good for his business reputation.
Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by ifedun2: 6:24pm On May 11, 2012
Am a wrestling freak and glad we now have a thread.Am still confused about wrestling being stage-managed.Did anyone watch d Lesna-Cena fight in xtreme rules?Was cena told to allow himself bloodied by dat savage?Anyway,for me,wrestling is it!I also blvd cena won d fight against d rock.Talking of favorites,mine are Cena,Randy,C M Punk,Sheamus when talking of the new crop of wrestlers in Smackdown and Raw.Cody Rodds is a wrestler to watch.He is a true son of legendary Dusty!
Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by beto2gbaski: 7:26pm On May 11, 2012
Nice one guys, keep it up.
Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by begwong: 11:37pm On May 11, 2012
Nice thread,keep 'em coming wwee universe!
Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by niyitogun(m): 1:49am On May 12, 2012
Hey macen...kudos to u for creating d thread, wwe flows in my veins, likewise randy ortons my favorite, he's got class, rage, finese and a finisher that can win him every match....bt my most respected is d undertaker...still think he's d best sportman in d world as his records speak for themselves...cena is overated n favoured...also miss edge- crazy n spontaneous....niceone...wats ur twitter add so I can follow

1 Like

Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by Kayslow: 6:22am On May 12, 2012
Am one of d greatest WWE fans u can ever tink of. I love wrestlin with a passion. Dis entertainment is rily interesting it has all u nid humour tragedy comedy sadness anger hetred bizzare awesome seducing action and all dat u can never get in any movie. Wwe is very fun wen u follow it up like a movie
Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by rekeson: 10:15am On May 12, 2012
Its acting. Make una grow up doh i stil love it.

See for yourselves
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060808144730AACuNc7
Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by Frostyzone(m): 12:08pm On May 12, 2012
rekeson: Its acting. Make una grow up doh i stil love it.

See for yourselves
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060808144730AACuNc7
It's acting alright but the fightings were real and so were the stunts because they do get injured for real.
According to wikipedia they are all actors/wrestlers and the result of a match is pre-determined(fixed).
But it's still fun to watch for the hardcore fans. Afterall it's all about entertainment.
Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by Frostyzone(m): 12:11pm On May 12, 2012
innocent82:

Ok thanks bro
You 're welcome.
Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by mruknaijaboy(m): 12:57am On May 13, 2012
Frostyzone:
I'm gonna be blunt with you friend:Forget it.
W.W.E don't just hire people out of the blue. Inother to have a prayer of performing there one day,you need to start building up your c.v among other things.
And when I say C.V I mean good records like numerous victories and amateur titles. They have to see you as someone with huge potential(like a good investment)
Another important thing is this:you need to have an high average tolerance to pain because professional wrestling is a game of pain. And you 're required to be a risk taker as well. Last but not the least you need to be in outstanding physical shape.
If you can pull all this pointers off, then the sky is your limit.
But realistically it's next to impossible because apart from all that you 're a foreigner.
Why do you think that there ain't a single Nigerian Wrestler in W.W.E presently?
The only one representing africa at the moment is Koffi Kingston who is supposedly Ghanaian but realistically American from jamaican extraction.
You can have a shot at other minor wrestling establishment scattered around the States but W.W.E is a loooong shot,believe me.

What do you mean koffi kingston is supposedly ghanian but realistically american from jamaican extraction? koffi kingston is ghanian born in america but they didnt allow him to use his ghanian name Nahaje when he became a full time wrestler in wwe because they didnt believe that it was marketable, koffi kingston is ghanian american with no jamaican blood in him apart from his name kingston for his wrestling gimmick
Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by macen(m): 9:05pm On May 13, 2012
niyitogun: Hey macen...kudos to u for creating d thread, wwe flows in my veins, likewise randy ortons my favorite, he's got class, rage, finese and a finisher that can win him every match....bt my most respected is d undertaker...still think he's d best sportman in d world as his records speak for themselves...cena is overated n favoured...also miss edge- crazy n spontaneous....niceone...wats ur twitter add so I can follow
We think alike,all those wrestlers u mentioned are my favs and randy orton definitely has the best finishing move(4rm my perspective)in the WWE as of now,the dude definitely needs to be in rehab(anger management)i miss edge too and his "spear". cm punk is my special kinda bad guy and maybe it's cause he's straight edge. My twitter is - www.twitter.com/macntire
Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by ipasco: 9:24am On May 14, 2012
For more than two decades, The Deadman has loomed over the WWE landscape like a menacing shadow, spelling out doom for those who dare cross him. Imbued with seemingly mystical abilities and preternatural in-ring ability, The Undertaker is a WWE great in a class by himself, and no list of legends would be complete without him.

First introduced at 1990’s Survivor Series, The Phenom debuted as the final member of Ted DiBiase's "Million Dollar Team." It wasn’t long before he began to battle with Hulk Hogan, then at the top of the food chain in WWE. This clash set the tone for Undertaker’s dominant career. No one was too big and no one was safe from his gloved grip.

A multiple WWE and World Heavyweight Champion, a six-time tag team titleholder and a Royal Rumble winner in 2007, Undertaker’s accomplishments in WWE have cemented his place among the greatest in the game. But it is one achievement that stands out above all others; one that is likely never to be topped. Since Tombstoning “Superfly” Jimmy Snuka at WrestleMania VII in 1991, Undertaker has enjoyed a winning streak at The Show of Shows that stands at an astounding 20-0. Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Jake “The Snake” Roberts, Randy Orton, Kevin Nash and many more have fallen at The Deadman’s hand, leaving the WWE Universe to believe that this record will perhaps never be blemished for the rest of time.

A true, in-ring pioneer, The Undertaker has also been part of many WWE firsts, including the inaugural Hell in a Cell Match in October 1997, the first-ever Casket Match at Survivor Series 1992 and the first-ever Buried Alive match in 1996.

In the face of all challenges, The Phenom has risen stronger and mightier than ever, serving as sports-entertainment’s grim reaper of justice – his name permanently etched like an epitaph on the history books of WWE. It seems that no grave can hold him; no god will claim him and no devil will have him. In the end, there can only be one suitable resting place for the almighty Deadman: the WWE Hall of Fame.

Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by ipasco: 9:36am On May 14, 2012
Career Highlights: World Heavyweight Champion; WWE Champion; U.S. Champion; World Tag Team Champion; WWE Tag Team Champion; 2008 Royal Rumble Winner; 2010 Superstar of the Year Slammy Award winner

Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by REDDEVILS1(m): 8:29pm On May 19, 2012
where can i buy Wwe polos. I really want to buy John Cena polo
Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by Jamiu9918: 10:42am On May 20, 2012
Hi every1 u can all view WWE Live from Sky Sports 1,2 & 3.
Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by xtremeSLAM: 9:29am On May 31, 2012
for all wrestling news,rumor,result and interview,with all backstage action and interview wrestling fans can not see on screen,
the no 1 wrestling newspaper in Nigeria(XTREME SLAM) is out ask your vendor.for more info,write to xremeslam@gmail.com,or call 08067393201

Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by duality(m): 6:06pm On Jun 04, 2012
just watched where brock lesnar broke triple H's arm and meen! it was really horrible
Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by nairalander(m): 4:09pm On Jun 08, 2012
Hi, brothers.
This Bigshow guy has really turned to the dark side. if he likes let him keep giving those thrash excuses. Can't wait to watch John Cena bring him down.
nice thread by the way.
Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by AyeeIdris(f): 6:07am On Jun 12, 2012
Frostyzone:
I never said that Koffi Kingston was the only african in W.W.E.
I said that he was the only one representing us.
Those other ones you mentioned would tell you they are americans and that's it.
And don't be suprised that none grew up in their native country and thus can rightly tag themselves as been Americans.
That's why Gabriels will never come out publicly and states that he's from S.Africa because it's not good for his business reputation.
Untrue, he says it all the time. Infact he went to S.A early in the year to promote the WWE. The early reason u know Kofi Kingston is cos he has more matches and u hear his promo announcement but when Justin Gabriel wrestles on "Superstars", they always say S.A
Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by AyeeIdris(f): 6:19am On Jun 12, 2012
I have been a wrestling fan since I was 9. I was converted by a match with Macho man and Ultimate Warrior, where after Macho's loss, d lady with him, (can't recall her name rite now, but she was wildly popular with her mohawk) started beating on Macho and Miss Elizabeth came down to the ring and threw her out. What followed was the MOST romantic and tear jerking reunion ever. U all need to check it on youtube. Watched it all, WWE, WCW, TNA,ROH. I am extremely displeased at d direction on female wrestling on wwe. The horrible 2 mins matches. And they are using one of the best new female fighters as one of the funkasaurous dancers. (The black lady). I misss d days of lita, mollyholly, trish, victoria. Those ladies could seriously kick butt. And for those loving Brock Lesnar, that guy spent his time away insulting wwe on twitter and on interviews. That he had the effrontery to come back is one thing, that he is being cheered cos he took out John Cena is another. I follow d kayfabe and real world of wrestling and wrestler very seriously and right now, wwe is loosing serious grounds to mma and ufc. They need to step it up. Oh! My favourite wrestler right now is YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by begwong: 9:45am On Jun 25, 2012
waiting for cena vs bigshow's steel cage match!
Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 25, 2012
I hate brock lesnar. I saw a fight where bryan and cm punk fought and bryan had tricked undertaker into believing dat punk was the one who hit him. It was gruesome. I hate bryan anyway.
Am a huge fan of CENAtion.
Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by nkemKalu: 5:09pm On Jun 28, 2012
candygosh: I hate brock lesnar. I saw a fight where bryan and cm punk fought and bryan had tricked undertaker into believing dat punk was the one who hit him. It was gruesome. I hate bryan anyway.
Am a huge fan of CENAtion.
The fight was between KANE and BRYAN and not UNDERTAKER
Re: For All WWE Wrestling Fans(the Nigerian WWE Universe) by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 29, 2012
nkem Kalu: The fight was between KANE and BRYAN and not UNDERTAKER
sorry kane, usually mistake him 4 taker. Though i heard they're brothers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BBNaija S6: Liquorose Becomes First To Hit 1m Followers On Instagram (Picture) / Meet The BBNaija "All Stars" 2023 Female Housemates (Profile And Pictures) / Nigerian Idol 2021: 11 Contestants Battle It Out (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.