Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,871 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Bloody Weekend In Adamawa, Boko Haram Gunmen In Killing Spree - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bloody Weekend In Adamawa, Boko Haram Gunmen In Killing Spree (1412 Views)

625 Killed As Boko Haram Gunmen Slit Some Residents’ Throats / Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] / Traders Arrest Six Armed ‘Boko-Haram’ Gunmen In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bloody Weekend In Adamawa, Boko Haram Gunmen In Killing Spree by nduchucks: 12:26pm On Apr 29, 2012
Mr. President, London Nigeria is burning o. Please announce with immediately that you are not running for office in 2015 and use your remaining days in office to deal a death blow to BH once and for all. It would be honourable of you to sacrifice your 3rd term in office for the precious lives of fellow Nigerians.

[img]http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/thumbnail.php?file=nigeria_gun_men_427581361_262984116.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]

Five persons were killed at the weekend in Adamawa State by unknown gunmen suspected to be Boko Haram. A police inspector was killed in Jimeta.

According to reports, a police patrol team was attacked leading to the death of a police officer and a female colleague on duty. A few hour later two civilians were killed at a shopping complex building in the heart of the state capital by unknown gunmen who rode on a motor bike.

The slain police officer was attached to the police station in Jimeta before he met his untimely death. It was gathered that at Demsawo Street in the state capital some gunmen who rode on motor bike ran into the police special Anti-Robbery Squad SARs which was on patrol and opened fire on them leading to the death of the officer while another sustained injuries.

It was believed that the gunmen were members of Boko Haram Islamic sect, although the suspects are yet to be identified.

The residents of Demsawo, a suburb in Jimeta who spoke to our reporter described the incident as most unfortunate "it will be the first confrontations by unknown gunmen against the police patrol team since the killing of SARs commander in the state.

Also at the Mubi residence of the Assistant Financial Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Adamawa State, Alhaji Abdulraman Kwacham and two of his security guards were killed by unidentified gunmen at their duty posts. Azazi angle

According to an eyes witness, Mr. Danlami Audu told our correspondent that two men came to the politician’s house on a motor bike pretending to be his associates.

Read The Rest of the Sad News Here
Re: Bloody Weekend In Adamawa, Boko Haram Gunmen In Killing Spree by SamIkenna: 4:16pm On Apr 29, 2012
ndu_chuks, I cant believe you wrote that GEJ should step aside because of Boko Haram. If GEJ does that it means any president of southern extraction in future is doomed to the same fate because as soon as he gets elected and another orgy of violence erupts he'll be asked to step down. GEJ will finish his tenure and if he seeks for a second term (this is his first) then the Nigerian people will decide if they want him or not. No amount of blackmail will or intimidation will run GEJ out of office.

One more thing, you cant kill what you didnt create. GEJ didnt create Boko Haram so he cant kill it, he can only frustrate their activities. Let me put it this way before anyone starts accusing me of taking sides with GEJ - I do not bank on any politician, many of them are dishonest including GEJ, Buhari, IBB, OBJ, Zik, Awo, Bello, Obama, etc. There's one thing a career politician is good at and that is - always pick something, make it the truth and push it down the throat of the masses. Sometimes they pick the right truth sometimes not, so based on that I believe folks now know where I stand on politicians.

Back to the issue. GEJ didnt create this deadly sect, in fact many parts of this country have one reason or the other to be violent and resentful to other parts but they chose wisely. Boko Haram made a choice and nobody should take responsibility except the sect's members. Lets not play dumb, we all know the history of Nigeria like we know our palms. Since the arrival of Brits up to the unconscionable amalgamation and unnecessary one-Nigeria independence, this seed of resentment towards modernity and western style education has always been germinating in the far north. Accuse me of bigotry if you want but deep down you know its true. What is happening today is the effect/result of the decision made by Boko Haram members, their fathers, and their fore-fathers. After a period in incubation an egg most likely will hatch, Boko haram is out of the shell - its hatched so lets put the blame where it rightly belongs.

I'm of the opinion that if we're still interested in being one Nigeria then lets put more energy into annihilating the nucleus of the problem rather than thinking there's a messiah that is to come and make things right for a hitch-free One Nigeria. GEJ is not God-send and nobody is going to be God-send either so replacing GEJ with your brother or mine because of Boko Haram is as good as useless.

Its time for fathers, leaders, and opinion makers in core north to step up. Fathers in the core north - dont have more babies than you can feed, and when you do have one please send him to school. Just as we're reaping the fruit of many years of core north's backwardness today who said we may not reap the reward of their "forwardness" in 10 to 20 years if they choose wisely today? Brothers, lets call a spade by its name and tell our North west and North East brothers the truth which is - FG will neither save nor change you, that job belongs to you as an individual.

Today, the FG is building Almajiri schools for people in the north but there are questions we've all shied away from and they're - who are the people making and sending these God's children to Almajiridom? dont they also have a responsibilty to stop? As long as we're only interested on the effect rather than the cause then dont worry about Boko Haram 'cuase they'll certainly have a large pool to choose from, with or without GEJ.

3 Likes

Re: Bloody Weekend In Adamawa, Boko Haram Gunmen In Killing Spree by Kobojunkie: 4:24pm On Apr 29, 2012

Five persons were killed at the weekend in Adamawa State[size=13pt] by unknown gunmen suspected to be Boko Haram[/size]. A police inspector was killed in Jimeta.

Has Boko Haram already claimed responsibility for this? Has it been confirmed that the killings are definitely the work of the Boko Haram group? Or are we, as always, stepping ahead of ourselves once more?
Re: Bloody Weekend In Adamawa, Boko Haram Gunmen In Killing Spree by nduchucks: 4:34pm On Apr 29, 2012
Sam_Ikenna: ndu_chuks, I cant believe you wrote that GEJ should step aside because of Boko Haram. If GEJ does that it means any president of southern extraction in future is doomed to the same fate because as soon as he gets elected and another orgy of violence erupts he'll be asked to step down.

My suggestion is based on recent revelations by GEJ's own national Security Adviser who has a better perspective on the security situation in Nigeria than most people, including the President. Azazi, the National Security Adviser to the President, links recent escallation of violence in the country including Boko Haram activities, to the PDP agreement which GEJ refused to honour, thereby causing the effects highlighted by Azazi.

Your assertion that if GEJ does what I am suggesting means any President of southern extraction in future is doomed to the same fate because as soon as he gets elected and another orgy of violence erupts he'll be asked to step down, is unreasonable, uninformed, and frankly naive. I'll address the rest of your post later.
Re: Bloody Weekend In Adamawa, Boko Haram Gunmen In Killing Spree by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 29, 2012
ndu_chucks: Mr. President, London Nigeria is burning o. Please announce with immediately that you are not running for office in 2015
This is exactly why the northerners are using boko haram to kill to attack christians,churches.They want to paint GEJ in bad light so that nigerians will demand his resignation so that power can go back to them.They equally want to cause insecurity and chaos in order to incite the military to overthrow Gej.

(1) (Reply)

Ban On Knock-out(banger)....how True? / Fulani Herds Men Sack Imo Community / Are Boko Haram Shifting Base From Nigeria - Niger Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.