Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Please help - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please help (1068 Views)

Getting Uk Citizenship By Marrying A British-nigerian Man / Can I Apply For Visa And Travel Out With A Pregnancy?5 Months? / Appeal For Visa Refusal In Germany Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please help by xtus(m): 8:38pm On Apr 29, 2012
smiley
Re: Please help by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 29, 2012
LMAO . Love of your life? And your topic clearly says "marrying for visa"?

Love of my life my Nyash. grin
Re: Please help by justwise(m): 10:45pm On Apr 29, 2012
jennykadry: LMAO . Love of your life? And your topic clearly says "marrying for visa"?

Love of my life my Nyash. grin

Exactly why i changed the title, its getting ridiculous now. Another granny is about to be used for visa.
Re: Please help by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 30, 2012
@OP
pls send us the wedding pictures so we can add them to the growing numbers of funny ones we already seen.
Re: Please help by Gagaotatravels: 9:07pm On Apr 30, 2012
In the first Place Sir /or Ma, you need to establish a strong reason why the US Consulate should give you the VISA. Have you met the woman one on one? If you don't have access to the US. , Has she visited you in Nigeria? You can also get married in Nigeria if you don't know and apply for Dependant Visa .Meaning on Marriage grounds. Don't let us judge too much Nigerians. It's possible to fall in love and not Infatuation and in this case, I can't tell too much .But if you can follow the first step . If I am less busy to come on the internet , then we will continue from there that's if the moderators didn't delete me off this forum. I have issues with 'em already.

God Bless

Gideon
Re: Please help by ifegy: 12:13am On May 01, 2012
Gagaotatravels: In the first Place Sir /or Ma, you need to establish a strong reason why the US Consulate should give you the VISA. Have you met the woman one on one? If you don't have access to the US. , Has she visited you in Nigeria? You can also get married in Nigeria if you don't know and apply for Dependant Visa .Meaning on Marriage grounds. Don't let us judge too much Nigerians. It's possible to fall in love and not Infatuation and in this case, I can't tell too much .But if you can follow the first step . If I am less busy to come on the internet , then we will continue from there that's if the moderators didn't delete me off this forum. I have issues with 'em already.

God Bless

Gideon

Well, if you're getting into trouble with the mods, it's probably deservedly so: there's no such thing as a 'dependant visa on the grounds of marriage'. The info re marriage is right there on the US Dept of State website (travel.state.gov):

Spouse
If you are an American citizen you have two ways to bring your foreign spouse (husband or wife) to the United States to live. They are

Immigrant visa for a Spouse of a U.S. Citizen (IR1 or CR1) - An immigrant Petition for Alien Relative, Form I-130 is required.
Nonimmigrant visa for spouse (K-3) - It is important to note that application for the nonimmigrant visa for spouse (K-3) who married a U.S. citizen must be filed and the visa must be issued in the country where the marriage took place. After the visa process has been completed, and the visa is issued, the spouse can travel to the United States to wait for the processing of the immigrant visa case. Two petitions are required:
Petition for Alien Relative, Form I-130; and
Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Form I-129F
Fiancé(e)
If you are an American citizen, you may bring your fiancé(e) to the United States to marry; and live here.

Nonimmigrant visa for fiancé(e) (K-1)- To travel to the United States for marriage. An I-129F fiancé(e) petition is required.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Relocate To Canada 2 Live & Work, How Can I Get A Good Representatives / Summary Of Our Trip To Sydney, Australia / I Had A Cumulative IELTS Score Of 8. What Are My Opportunities Out There?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.