Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram (11877 Views)

Azazi, Yakowa Die In Helicopter Crash? / GEJ Sacks NSA Azazi, & Defence Minister Bello Haliru / President Jonathan And NSA Azazi Are The Managers Of Boko Haram- Elrufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by naijaking1: 5:55am On Apr 30, 2012
El-Rufai backs Azazi on comment
On April 30, 2012 · In News 3:06 am..Email0
By Henry Umoru
ABUJA — FORMER Minister of the Federal Capital Territory Administration, FCTA, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, yesterday, threw his weight behind the embattled National Security Adviser, General Andrew Owoye Azazi (rtd), saying he only confirmed what some people have been saying that the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, is the cause of all politically-related violence and terrorism in the country.

Speaking exclusively with Vanguard on his reaction to Azazi’s statement that the menace of insecurity and series of attacks in Nigeria by the Boko Haram sect could be traced to the zoning policy of the PDP, El-Rufai said the extra-judicial murder of the Boko Haram leadership during the late Umaru Yar’Adua’s PDP regime laid the foundations for the nation’s current insecurity problem.

According to El-Rufai, a former member of PDP and now a stalwart of the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, “Azazi merely confirmed the three things that we have known all along about the PDP and Jonathan administration, that the PDP is the root of all politically-related violence and terrorism in the country. It was the extra-judicial murder of the Boko Haram leadership during the Yar’Adua’s PDP regime that laid the foundations of our current insecurity.

“The way the party disrespects its constitution, rules and regulations as confirmed by the last sham and show of shame that it called national convention has completed the emergence of an exclusionary, undemocratic party controlled by Jonathan and the governors.

‘’Since its officers and political office holders emerged from rigged processes of imposition and intimidation, they have neither the burden of accountability nor conscience. They get into office not to serve the people but to serve their personal interests.

“The sum total of all these are political division in the country and looting of the treasury as the main occupations of the PDP apparatchiks. The cocktail of political exclusion, impunity, lack of democracy and social injustice lead to insurgency and crimes. Only God can save us from the evil the PDP has turned into.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/04/el-rufai-backs-azazi-on-comment/
Re: El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by naijaking1: 6:23am On Apr 30, 2012
I don't think this was the type acknowledgment Azazi had anticipated!!!
Re: El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by hercules07: 6:25am On Apr 30, 2012
Seems I am finding your posts interesting, El-rufai is just being a politician and Azazi is being played, hope he learns from this sha.
Re: El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by naijaking1: 6:30am On Apr 30, 2012
hercules07: Seems I am finding your posts interesting, El-rufai is just being a politician and Azazi is being played, hope he learns from this sha.

Thanks.
It should a source of concern when the most ardent opposition of your administration praises your comments, that a good time to see that the picture doesn't quite look right.
Re: El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by egift(m): 6:55am On Apr 30, 2012
Guys will have been better if those heading the affairs of PDP keep robbing us in secret? Kiss and Tell - True Confession In PDP - Season 3

CAST
Jonathan: "Boko Haram members are part and parcel of my Government"
Azazi: "Boko Haram is PDP & PDP is Boko Haram"
El-Rufia: "Azazi is only confirming what every Nigerian knows"

Me: "I dey laugh ooooh"

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 30, 2012
Pot calling the kettle black once more grin
If El Ruffy and a whole host of other disgruntled CPC/ANPP/ANC stalwarts are all ex-PDP, what does that make them?

The discerning mind understands that while Boko Haram has many fronts which serves different constituencies, it remains largely united in its pursuit of a Northern-Islamic Agenda. Mallam, you insult our intelligence when you assume folks like me, who loathe the PDP and all it represents, fail to see this inconvenient truth. angry

5 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by jmaine: 8:18am On Apr 30, 2012
eGuerrilla: Pot calling the kettle black once more grin
If El Ruffy and a whole host of other disgruntled CPC/ANPP/ANC stalwarts are all ex-PDP, what does that make them?

The discerning mind understands that while Boko Haram has many fronts which serves different constituencies, it remains largely united in its pursuit of a Northern-Islamic Agenda. Mallam, you insult our intelligence when you assume folks like me, who loathe the PDP and all it represents, fail to see this inconvenient truth. angry

Oga mi . . . .this na full blooded correct talk . . . . Post endorsed . . . .
Re: El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by mykejones(m): 8:18am On Apr 30, 2012

See this as my own comment. Am 2 lazy to type.

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by Rhino5dm: 8:23am On Apr 30, 2012
egift: Guys will have been better if those heading the affairs of PDP keep robbing us in secret? Kiss and Tell - True Confession In PDP - Season 3

CAST

Me: "I dey laugh ooooh"

Me: "I carry coke and pop corn for hand"
Re: El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by Demdem(m): 8:29am On Apr 30, 2012
Whatever. In conclusion, pdp is boko while boko is pdp. This invariably mean that the retardeen being the leader of pdp is also the leader of boko. No wonder he hasn't revealed the names of their sponsors which is in his possession. I hope the June deadline he gave his killers will be adhered to. I dey watch.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by ekwynwa: 8:59am On Apr 30, 2012
I beg this attention seeking ‘’twittermania’’ El-Rufia should zip up his mouth, what is his concern with PDP internal issues? , this card carrying CPC member should be more concerned with CPC issues at the moment. BTW which party primary or zoning formula was applied before Buhari became CPC’s presidential candidate? And which internal party election brought their party chairman and other Executives
Re: El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by procedure: 9:46am On Apr 30, 2012
To me this killings looks like a major blood sacrifice by the sponsors of boko haram hiding under a religion. The only solution is prayer. When their is evil and those behind it remain face less then it is either the investigator , the judge, or the prince or king is a part of it. On enemy can be face less before a king except he is also an accomplice. Members of boko haram have been caught so what confessions is available.
Re: El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by Okijajuju1(m): 10:22am On Apr 30, 2012
I wonder if El-Rufai can also confirm that CPC sponsored thugs were responsible for the post election violence in the North that led to the death of over 50 NYSC corp members and latter spiralled into Boko Haram.
Re: El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by lacasa: 10:32am On Apr 30, 2012
Though, El-rufai is nt d best candidate to be. Judging PDP as he used to wine n dine with them b4n bt ϑα† nt withstanding, ΐ av to believe him on dis one.

D president said Įƭ ϑα† he eats n drinks wit BH. Sponsors ​ so​ ofcourse Ʊ know dey r PDP inclined.

D NSA further stated d oppen secret ŏƒ PDP being BH n BH is PDP

This is enuf proof for α right thinking seensible nigerian.
Re: El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by honeric01(m): 10:50am On Apr 30, 2012
egift: Guys will have been better if those heading the affairs of PDP keep robbing us in secret? Kiss and Tell - True Confession In PDP - Season 3

CAST

Me: "I dey vex ooooh"

cool cool cool cool
Re: El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by abacus(m): 10:53am On Apr 30, 2012
hercules07: Seems I am finding your posts interesting, El-rufai is just being a politician and Azazi is being played, hope he learns from this sha.
How?
Re: El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by Ayatullah(m): 10:54am On Apr 30, 2012
@egift, what a brilliant way to make the trio dialogue! Indeed if Goofluck Jonathan confirmed Boko Haram members are in his Government and he cannot fish them out, then what has Aziza said wrong? I hope the rtd General will stand to the end by his words, only by this action will he be forever remember as a worthy Nigerian General.
Re: El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by flexgee: 10:54am On Apr 30, 2012

Me: "I dey vex ooooh"

Me: I dey smell Jonathan impeachment oooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
Re: El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by NaijaNaWaa: 11:00am On Apr 30, 2012
I am too dumbfounded to react to Azazi's outburst. I can't imagine a more careless and thoughtless comment. He can now see how he has inadvertently armed the sponsors of Boko Haram against his own government! What a tragedy!!
Re: El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by honeric01(m): 11:31am On Apr 30, 2012
NaijaNaWaa: I am too dumbfounded to react to Azazi's outburst. I can't imagine a more careless and thoughtless comment. He can now see how he has inadvertently armed the sponsors of Boko Haram against his own government! What a tragedy!!

Stop giving credit to the wrong person, Jonathan deserves that credit, he gave credit to the sponsors by not being able to rat them out after telling the WHOLE WORLD that the sponsors are his fellow FEC member.
Re: El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by naijaking1: 11:41am On Apr 30, 2012
NaijaNaWaa: I am too dumbfounded to react to Azazi's outburst. I can't imagine a more careless and thoughtless comment. He can now see how he has inadvertently armed the sponsors of Boko Haram against his own government! What a tragedy!!

Good point. You should have seen how he was saying "thank you, thank you" when the audience applauded some of his remarks. NSA are better seen than heard.
Re: El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by honeric01(m): 11:49am On Apr 30, 2012
naijaking1:

Good point. You should have seen how he was saying "thank you, thank you" when the audience applauded some of his remarks. NSA are better seen than heard.

When are you people going to start saying the truth the way it is?

DIDN'T JONATHAN SAY THE SAME THING AZAZI SAID IN A DIFFERENT WAY?

didn't Jonathan say BOKO HARAM is in his government? chai, why do you people keep hiding your head in the sand?
Re: El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by holahabib: 11:51am On Apr 30, 2012
ttt
Re: El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by honeric01(m): 11:57am On Apr 30, 2012
holahabib: Azazi is playing out a script. Could be PDP's , could be something else coming. What can we all do but watch. Azazi is the NSA, he knows everything everyone is criticizing or applauding him about. Imagine us lamenting about what the NSA should say/shouldn't say in public? undecided

There is most definitely something coming, we just cannot see it yet. But he knows because the NSA knows almost EVERYTHING that happens/is happening in Nigeria.
[b][/b]

Maybe the ghost of those killed by his boss and the party is haunting him?
Re: El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by kay9(m): 12:12pm On Apr 30, 2012

Tell him, bro. Tell him! angry angry
Re: El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by Ninapha(f): 12:33pm On Apr 30, 2012
I was expecting Ewu- Rufai to support Aziza. Afterall It demeans PDP. EWU BOKO RUFAI
Re: El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by CyberG: 12:41pm On Apr 30, 2012
How many NSAs has Jonathan appointed since he became president? If all of them cannot make an impact it can only mean the problem is not them but the foole who refuses to use their advice.

Number 2, it's a shame on Nigerians when someone like Azzazi stakes his neck for you all by telling you the truth, but you throw him under the bus and betraying him making him look bad. Do you know what it takes to become a General compared to betraying an agreement to rig an election to be president? El Rufai did the right thing by being bold to take a patriotic stand with the NSA rather than Jonalame who is playing games with the life of people. Did Jonashaite not say BH is in his PDP and cabinet? Was that guesswork or how come he has neither named them or prosecuted them?

The military will probably be back in power taking advantage of this situation. When they do, you guys better not complain.
Re: El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by edicolove: 12:53pm On Apr 30, 2012
Demdem: Whatever. In conclusion, pdp is boko while boko is pdp. This invariably mean that the retardeen being the leader of pdp is also the leader of boko. No wonder he hasn't revealed the names of their sponsors which is in his possession. I hope the June deadline he gave his killers will be adhered to. I dey watch.

The stup1dity of your post is that folks like you think you can twist what Azazi said to support your agenda. What Azazi said is true and very clear and it doesn't in any way support El rufai, it actually indicts El Rufai, IBB, Chiroma and Atiku and the whole Northern leadrship. Azazi was clear and on point. The insistence that the North must rule set the tone for the escalation of Boko Aram. We all saw that from the post election crisis which the likes of you supported. Azazi did not indict Jonathan, he actually was vindicating Jonathan but I can understand why Jonathan will not support him because a president of a country ill not want to be seen as fighting a particular region.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by Demdem(m): 1:16pm On Apr 30, 2012
edicolove:

The stup1dity of your post is that folks like you think you can twist what Azazi said to support your agenda. What Azazi said is true and very clear and it doesn't in any way support El rufai, it actually indicts El Rufai, IBB, Chiroma and Atiku and the whole Northern leadrship. Azazi was clear and on point. The insistence that the North must rule set the tone for the escalation of Boko Aram. We all saw that from the post election crisis which the likes of you supported. Azazi did not indict Jonathan, he actually was vindicating Jonathan but I can understand why Jonathan will not support him because a president of a country ill not want to be seen as fighting a particular region.

[b]Will u shut the ffuck off u this baboon. Who are u to interpret what the NSA said for me. We all read what he said, you decided to interpret it the way u felt and u think u have the right to impose ur utter useless believe (which is geared towards supporting the retardeen no matter what)on others. Are u mad? been watching ur post for sometime now and conciously staying clear from ur lies while stating my opinion(which is my right).

Ur interpretation is wrong and bias IMO. ur likes were the ones accusing Buhari and co for this Boko menace but now its now clear that the real problem itself is Northern PDP and not the full north itself (courtesy from a man that should know-NSA). The retardeen being the National leader of PDP is also to me the leader of Boko. If u arent comfortable with that then go commit suicide. EEdiot.

besides, where are the names of the sponsors the retardeen claims he has? Hopefully the deadline he gave his Boko members this june will be materalised. u are simply a foool.[/b]
Re: El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by strangest(m): 1:18pm On Apr 30, 2012
NORTHERN PDP= BOKO HARAM, NORTHERN CPC=BOKO HARAM, EL RUFAI= BOKO HARAM

NORTHERN POLITICIAN= NORTHERN CPC= NORTHERN PDP= EL RUFAI ETC= BOKO HARAM

ALL Political parties used thugs, so all of them are guilty of the crime but the Boko issue originated from the Northern politicians because they want any president who is not from the North to look clueless... this is not a GEJ issue,
Re: El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by edicolove: 1:37pm On Apr 30, 2012
Demdem:

[b]Will u shut the ffuck off u this baboon. Who are u to interpret what the NSA said for me. We all read what he said, you decided to interpret it the way u felt and u think u have the right to impose ur utter useless believe (which is geared towards supporting the retardeen no matter what)on others. Are u mad? been watching ur post for sometime now and conciously staying clear from ur lies while stating my opinion(which is my right).

Ur interpretation is wrong and bias IMO. ur likes were the ones accusing Buhari and co for this Boko menace but now its now clear that the real problem itself is Northern PDP and not the full north itself (courtesy from a man that should know). The retardeen being the National leader of PDP is also to me the leader of Boko. If u arent comfortable with that then go commit suicide. EEdiot.

besides, where are the names of the sponsors the retardeen claims he has? Hopefully the deadline he gave his Boko members this june will be materalised. u are simply a foool.[/b]

You claimed I gave it my own interpretation and that I lied but still went ahead to support my point. How daft can you be? El Rufai supported the northern consensus move so he is very much a part of that plot. Buhari did support the north holding on to power so he too is indicted by Azazi's statement. Azazi's statement was a sweeping indictment on all those who pushed the 'north must rule' stance. You Demdem were here then shouting that they should allow the north torule. The other political parties all presented northern candidates in agreement with the stance of the northern PDP leaders. CAN even presented a northern presidential candidate, an endorsement of the north should rule move. So, according to Azazi, you demdem, CAN, Tinubu, Bakare, Buhari, together with the Northern PDP caucus are all responsible for Boko Aram! Period!
Re: El-Rufai Backs NSA Azazi's Statement On Boko Haram by yaksh: 1:44pm On Apr 30, 2012
shame will neva end in PDP. oga weldone

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Magu: APC Leaders Meet Over Presidency, National Assembly Crisis / Sultan Hails Buhari’s Re-election, Urges Atiku To Accept Defeat / We Won’t Allow Unpatriotic Elements Destroy Nigeria — DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.