Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,898 members, 7,821,128 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan (10356 Views)

Mass Protest Against Oshiomhole Administration Rocks Benin City / Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal / Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by uncleb(m): 3:52pm On May 01, 2012
Arysexy:

they only stand up when their son is not in power, where were they when OBJ was looting naija dry? Dis subsidy palaver is a rot frm OBJ regime.

@ Arysexy
What a senseless, absurd, annoying and unintelligent thing to say?

Anyway, I have always said that the only problem we have in Nigeria is our sentiment and tribalistic way of life. Nothing is wrong as long as its ur town's man that is involved.

I wonder if some people have anything called brain in their head, or else how could a reasonable human being compare subsidy under Obj which was 200 to 300 billions to roughly 2 trillion in GEJ first year and someone will be saying nonsense here cos of tribal affiliation.

Am not absolving ObJ and am not saying he is not corrupt, bt do you know the pains that the hike in price of petrol has brought to many Nigerian.

I plead with you and anyother person who have same brain and reason like you to learn to keep their mouth shut whenever a sensitive issue is being discussed otherwise we will invoke the wrath of God upon you as we are doing for those plundering our nation.

Finally, to all sensible guys out there, let's stand for the good of this nation. Let's put our religion and tribal affiliation or differencies aside, wrong is wrong and right is right irrespective of who is involved.

2 Likes

Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by mikron(m): 3:58pm On May 01, 2012
And after all this protests what next? that is the questions we should take time to ask ourselves. as usual it ll be all noise without action. na 9ja we dey na. its painfull to hear about these figures and nothing is been done about the corrupt idiots that keep looting our common wealth away .i rest my case
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by greatlee(m): 4:00pm On May 01, 2012
God have mercy on N I G E R I A!!! When is the day of reckoning? I can't wait!!!
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by uncleb(m): 4:03pm On May 01, 2012
OlowoTee: I'm sorry, but i was going to ask when do we prepare for mass protest over the d BokoHaramss ? Aren't they deadlier?

And let me add that corruption begat every othevil that u see today. BH or what have u.

I hav a colleague from Borno and it was shocking to hear how political thuggery metarmophosed into BH that you are witnessing today. Still greed and corruption
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by probably: 4:16pm On May 01, 2012
uncleb:

@ Arysexy

Anyway, I have always said that the only problem we have in Nigeria is our sentiment and tribalistic way of life. Nothing is wrong as long as its ur town's man that is involved.

I wonder if some people have anything called brain in their head, or else how could a reasonable human being compare subsidy under Obj which was 200 to 300 billions to roughly 2 trillion in GEJ first year and someone will be saying nonsense here cos of tribal affiliation.

Am not absolving ObJ and am not saying he is not corrupt, bt do you know the pains that the hike in price of petrol has brought to many Nigerian.

I plead with you and anyother person who have same brain and reason like you to learn to keep their mouth shut whenever a sensitive issue is being discussed otherwise we will invoke the wrath of God upon you as we are doing for those plundering our nation.

Finally, to all sensible guys out there, let's stand for the good of this nation. Let's put our religion and tribal affiliation or differencies aside, wrong is wrong and right is right irrespective of who is involved.
I love u. Well said
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by Ogbonaikenna(m): 4:40pm On May 01, 2012
babaowo: ... Imagine if all elite tribes can stand in 1accord against this evil men called poilitician,it may curb their evil deed to minimum, i think.
na by force? We biafrans don't believe in your one nigeria mantra
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by malc619(m): 5:07pm On May 01, 2012
Arysexy:

they only stand up when their son is not in power, where were they when OBJ was looting naija dry? Dis subsidy palaver is a rot frm OBJ regime.
We've got lot of WORMS crawling around on NL.
To fools like Ʊ its all about ethnicity.....
I'm from Delta state, but I honestly think we've got ά̲̣̥ President with D̶̲̥̅̊ brain of ά̲̣̥ snail...
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by Fobrown: 5:53pm On May 01, 2012
This is A Call To Action but do you really think "Protest",Probe, can change dis Dubious, Corrupt, Leaders?i Just think we should come together and fight for dis Country for the sake of future Generation.
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by REMMEI(m): 6:05pm On May 01, 2012
sad..CRY,MY BELOVED COUNTRY,FOR WE HAVE BEEN FORSAKEN BY OUR VISIONLESS LEADERS..
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by babaowo: 6:11pm On May 01, 2012
Ogbonaikenna: na by force? We biafrans don't believe in your one nigeria mantra
... U should go and ask your ex father "ojugun or ojukwu" in d grave,he begged crawled,licked thousand tons of soil b4 he can accepted back to nation called NIGERIA.if u you plan to unite and conquer? U are planing to seperate and perish,our real enemies is not religions or ethnics, rather than those politcals rulers who thinks its leadership is their right and believe in do or die politics, 1nigeria.
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by REMMEI(m): 6:16pm On May 01, 2012
uncleb:

@ Arysexy

WELL SAID..

I JUST WISH I COULD GRIP THAT DAFT AND CO.CK-EYED BY HIS THROAT AND SQUEEZ IT TILL HE GOT SOME SENSE IN HIM..NOT YA FAULT ANYWAY.
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by Ogbonaikenna(m): 6:22pm On May 01, 2012
babaowo: ... U should go and ask your ex father "ojugun or ojukwu" in d grave,he begged crawled,licked thousand tons of soil b4 he can accepted back to nation called NIGERIA.if u you plan to unite and conquer? U are planing to seperate and perish,our real enemies is not religions or ethnics, rather than those politcals rulers who thinks its leadership is their right and believe in do or die politics, 1nigeria.
Anu ohia. Must igbos live with you before you can conquer? MALTA is less than 500000 yet she is an independent country.
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by chucky234(m): 6:27pm On May 01, 2012
I often wonder how some people out here reason,they attach their moronic tribal attitude to virtually everything without been sensible.
I am from Delta state and should pass as a brother to GEJ yet I and my wife have since developed hatred for him because he has failed Nigerians including Niger Deltans (the sensible ones) with lackadaisical approach to burning issues that affects the lives of ordinary Nigerians,for a man who had no shoes we expected him to be the political MOSES that will lead us to the promise land but the reverse has been the case as the country is already doomed by GEJ.
Nigeria has an estimated population of 160 million people and that's to N160m is all that is needed to turn around the fortune of the ordinary Nigerians yet billions are being loot on a daily basis by few hundreds politicians while 159,700,000 Nigerians are suffering and dying of hunger,the world mocks us because we are people seem to have accepted our faith by sitting,watching the government and do nothing while govt officials loot wealth at will.
Now is the time to put our tribal or religious differences aside and fight in one accord to prosecute these corrupt policians who only have their family interest at heart,we can record victory if we are united in our fight.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA!
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by femzy(m): 7:15pm On May 01, 2012
[size=14pt]In summary; is Soyinka ready to die?[/size]
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by Orikinla(m): 7:27pm On May 01, 2012
[size=28]DEAR FELLOW NIGERIANS, DO NOT JOIN ANY MASS PROTESTS UNTIL SOYINKA'S CHILDREN AND BAKARE'S CHILDREN ARE IN FRONT WITH THE POOR MASSES MARCHING ON THE STREET AND IF THEY CANNOT GIVE YOU ANY LIFE INSURANCE, DON'T JOIN THEM. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by Rossikk(m): 9:18pm On May 01, 2012
The scale of the corruption is indeed breathtaking.
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by deandavid(m): 11:24pm On May 01, 2012
Orikinla: [size=28]DEAR FELLOW NIGERIANS, DO NOT JOIN ANY MASS PROTESTS UNTIL SOYINKA'S CHILDREN AND BAKARE'S CHILDREN ARE IN FRONT WITH THE POOR MASSES MARCHING ON THE STREET AND IF THEY CANNOT GIVE YOU ANY LIFE INSURANCE, DON'T JOIN THEM. [/size]
mumu who is soyinka fighting for, he has every money and connections to relocate his family to anywhere in the world, and live happily ever after, but he chose to stay to fight for the future his children, ur children, my children and every other oppressed nigerian. As u c me here so i be wafi boy, GEJ don f-up, no deltan(except d pdp politician) dy hapi at all. We cnt wait to bring dis corrupt pple down. Fear nt, the Delta and edo (2 states am 100% sure want this gov brought down). Let dis protest begin o.
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by malc619(m): 11:29pm On May 01, 2012
Orikinla: [size=28]DEAR FELLOW NIGERIANS, DO NOT JOIN ANY MASS PROTESTS UNTIL SOYINKA'S CHILDREN AND BAKARE'S CHILDREN ARE IN FRONT WITH THE POOR MASSES MARCHING ON THE STREET AND IF THEY CANNOT GIVE YOU ANY LIFE INSURANCE, DON'T JOIN THEM. [/size]

Where did dis RABBIT come from
If Ʊ've got nothing sensible 2 say, just shut up ‎​Άŋϑ stay in ur HOLE..
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by greatlee(m): 11:36pm On May 01, 2012

YOU ARE THE WORST F O O L OF THE CENTURY! M U M U!
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by DaLover(m): 11:48pm On May 01, 2012
deandavid: mumu who is soyinka fighting for, he has every money and connections to relocate his family to anywhere in the world, and live happily ever after, but he chose to stay to fight for the future his children, ur children, my children and every other oppressed nigerian. As u c me here so i be wafi boy, GEJ don f-up, no deltan(except d pdp politician) dy hapi at all. We cnt wait to bring dis corrupt pple down. Fear nt, the Delta and edo (2 states am 100% sure want this gov brought down). Let dis protest begin o.

I am also Deltan, and we are not in this rubbish protest on corruption, don't allow Lagos people to deceive you ooo...you will end up being a bigger F00L than you are looking now....as far as i am concerned as long as the structure remains the way it is corruption will always thrive...do you see them organizing to stop a structural system that encourages laziness and corruption...their focus is only on the personalities and government in power, when they get there they will do exactly the same.

If we are ready to protest the system that means that the FG has to execute even the simplest of activities like distribution of fuel, then we Deltans will follow, the system does not encourage productivity simple and short, anyhow, if yo still insist, i hope it doesn't stop here, go out there, soldiers of northern origin have been waiting for this opportunity...
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by kokoA(m): 11:49pm On May 01, 2012
who give dis one computer sef? To post for NL na by force? Mumulity!
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by deandavid(m): 12:00am On May 02, 2012
DaLover:

I am also Deltan, and we are not in this rubbish protest on corruption, don't allow Lagos people to deceive you ooo...you will end up being a bigger F00L than you are looking now....as far as i am concerned as long as the structure remains the way it is corruption will always thrive...do you see them organizing to stop a structural system that encourages laziness and corruption...their focus is only on the personalities and government in power, when they get there they will do exactly the same.

If we are ready to protest the system that means that the FG has to execute even the simplest of activities like distribution of fuel, then we Deltans will follow, the system does not encourage productivity simple and short, anyhow, if yo still insist, i hope it doesn't stop here, go out there, soldiers of northern origin have been waiting for this opportunity...
my fellow deltan as u claim, so you suggest we remain like this and watch as your fathers and mothers are robbing us, i suspect if you are a deltan, you are one of those pdp loyalist and uduaghan's boy that have sold your generations to money. I pity you. I know from your argument, ynu will suggest ibori,be freed. Tufiakwa 4 u, u no b my brother, if all the ss people feels, standing against a corrupt govt is a yoruba thing, i will rather stand will the yoruba than to stay oppressed. But i know what am talking about, deltans are angry, jst wait make the protest start first.
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by Kilode1: 12:08am On May 02, 2012
deandavid: my fellow deltan as u claim, so you suggest we remain like this and watch as your fathers and mothers are robbing us, i suspect if you are a deltan, you are one of those pdp loyalist and uduaghan's boy that have sold your generations to money.

I pity you. I know from your argument, ynu will suggest ibori,be freed. Tufiakwa 4 u, u no b my brother, if all the ss people feels, standing against a corrupt govt is a yoruba thing, i will rather stand will the yoruba than to stay oppressed. But i know what am talking about, deltans are angry, jst wait make the protest start first.

Abi o. Delta different from delta nah.

There is a delta where people can't afford good medical care and a delta where some people fly to the best hospitals on earth because they have cattarh. The same applies all over Nigeria BTW.

Those benefitting from the system want no change and no accountability. Those left behind have no choice but to seek change and more accountability because their well-being depends on it.
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by deandavid(m): 12:10am On May 02, 2012
DaLover:

which structures are you even talking about, you say if they go there, they will do the same? Who are you even talking about? Even if another govt goes there and do the same, we will simply PUSH THE PERSON OUT. How do you guys even reason. PdP has been in power all through this years, with the same people,stealing and stealing, and you still dont want change?
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by DaLover(m): 12:24am On May 02, 2012
deandavid: my fellow deltan as u claim, so you suggest we remain like this and watch as your fathers and mothers are robbing us, i suspect if you are a deltan, you are one of those pdp loyalist and uduaghan's boy that have sold your generations to money. I pity you. I know from your argument, ynu will suggest ibori,be freed. Tufiakwa 4 u, u no b my brother, if all the ss people feels, standing against a corrupt govt is a yoruba thing, i will rather stand will the yoruba than to stay oppressed. But i know what am talking about, deltans are angry, jst wait make the protest start first.
You see where you keep talking about individuals, I am referring to the system, a system that tells you that your resource in your backyard should be shared willy nilly across the nation and what ever pittance they desire is given to you...

A system was created where the FG told people they would always get subsidized fuel...simple remove that system and the corruption in that sector vanishes, why insisting on replacing one individual with one another only to come up with the same story?

A system exist where state governors do not have to think hard about how to raise money, they go cap in hand to the FG and get money which they spend as they like, why insisting on replacing one individual with one another only to come up with the same story?

Same story for health, education, agric etc, the governments participation in the running of of businesses has been known to cause and artificial distortion which leads to extensive corruption.

Go to any govt hospital in warri and try to get state govt subsidies drugs, they will tell you to come in 4 months time, meanwhile it is being sold at near market price across the street.

Look, wise up don't F00Lish like I said before, since 1999 when we started this democracy, there has been one probe after another, all because we are waiting for the free and cheap things the FG said they would deliver to us..
And I say isn't it time we say the truth to ourselves, FG and all governments concentrate on policy creation and regulation, let people do things for themselves...don't join those who insisting on sharing the national cake willy nilly be wise
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by deandavid(m): 12:41am On May 02, 2012
DaLover:
You see where you keep talking about individuals, I am referring to the system, a system that tells you that your resource in your backyard should be shared willy nilly across the nation and what ever pittance they desire is given to you...

A system was created where the FG told people they would always get subsidized fuel...simple remove that system and the corruption in that sector vanishes, why insisting on replacing one individual with one another only to come up with the same story?

A system exist where state governors do not have to think hard about how to raise money, they go cap in hand to the FG and get money which they spend as they like, why insisting on replacing one individual with one another only to come up with the same story?

Same story for health, education, agric etc, the governments participation in the running of of businesses has been known to cause and artificial distortion which leads to extensive corruption.

Go to any govt hospital in warri and try to get state govt subsidies drugs, they will tell you to come in 4 months time, meanwhile it is being sold at near market price across the street.

Look, wise up don't F00Lish like I said before, since 1999 when we started this democracy, there has been one probe after another, all because we are waiting for the free and cheap things the FG said they would deliver to us..
And I say isn't it time we say the truth to ourselves, FG and all governments concentrate on policy creation and regulation, let people do things for themselves...don't join those who insisting on sharing the national cake willy nilly be wise
and who says the fuel subsidy removal is a wrong move? But imagine a situation where billions are being stolen every other day in the name of subsidy, even if we have to remove the subsidy, so you suggest those indicting in the probe be left to go free? Is it not the responsibilities of the govt to provide basic amenities for the people? Those probes you talking about were carried out in times when nigerians were still blinded. You just take a bike and ask the okada man what he thinks about Nigeria and the propose protest. Then You ll knw the thought of the ordinary nigerian. Moreover you are sounding like beaf, hope u no be beaf,with another username.
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by deandavid(m): 12:53am On May 02, 2012
look mr beaf, the yorubas you are critising are the main advocates of true fedralism. Are you trying to say, we cant have people who can work deligently and upright without stealing? Even now with this crop of people in power, if federal govt give ss, 50% derivatives, we are not sure, the money will spent well. How do you see some paying the same money over 100 times? Kill the theives, Put new leaders, if they steal again, kill them and put another set, if the new ones cant be straight forward, kill them also. Beaf repent, God is watching.
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by DaLover(m): 12:57am On May 02, 2012
deandavid: and who says the fuel subsidy removal is a wrong move? But imagine a situation where billions are being stolen every other day in the name of subsidy, even if we have to remove the subsidy, so you suggest those indicting in the probe be left to go free? Is it not the responsibilities of the govt to provide basic amenities for the people? Those probes you talking about were carried out in times when nigerians were still blinded. You just take a bike and ask the okada man what he thinks about Nigeria and the propose protest. Then You ll knw the thought of the ordinary nigerian. Moreover you are sounding like beaf, hope u no be beaf,with another username.

Y would someone disguise his name if he is going to say the same thing? I can understand the Okada man not seeing the bigger picture, but I honestly expect someone with access to the internet to see this..(although most NLers are to put it mildly, very daft), if you understand the depth of my last post you will see that what I am asking for is a radical approach to the way we have decided to run our lives... now tell me the difference between the fraud in the oil subsidy and the drugs subsidy by delta state? where does one start from? Is it about fighting Maduake and GEJ or correcting the system...Tell me you want to protest for resource control, states paying taxes to FG, government sticking to its core responsibilities and I am with you...but if you tell me you want to go and fight for cheaper fuel or fight someone that dared to tell us the truth, sorry..
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by ono(m): 1:01am On May 02, 2012
I think I'll like to see things from DaLover's perspective.

The problem is really beyond GEJ. He could do something now, but it won't have a lasting effect. Our problem is a systemic one. The fuel subsidy scam is just a tip of it. We don't have a system that's properly accountable to the public. Everything we run in this country is shrouded in secrecy. Does anyone here know that some of the retired Generals in this country, especially from the North owns oil blocks in the Niger Delta? What about other vested interests in key sectors - NNPC, PHCN, NITEL etc etc. If GEJ should start the cleansing today, I doubt if he will go far before they finish him - except of course he's ready to be the sacrificial lamb that will purge the country.

This said, I honestly don't like the way the man GEJ has been running the affairs of the country - this is going by what I read everyday in the dailies and using common sense. I really expect much more than this from the man. But that's me.

Now, until the ethnic constituent of the country decides to sit down in a round table to discuss how we want to live together or go our separate ways - peacefully, all these Soyinka's move will amount to a waste of precious time.

There are many people of conscience in the South South who, ordinarily will want to agree with Soyinka. But the solution to our problems is beyond taking to the streets in a futile protest( that will yield nothing in the end) - and I am sure Prof Soyinka knows this too. Maybe he just wants to make some noise and attract attention - Goodluck to him. Lol.

I would suggest going to court with some properly scrutinized and verified facts and figures. Make a convincing case and let the law take its course - that is if the powers that be will allow that to happen. We don't need to wet the streets again with more innocent blood. Boko Haram is doing that perfectly for us already.
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by DaLover(m): 1:10am On May 02, 2012
deandavid: look mr beaf, the yorubas you are critising are the main advocates of true fedralism. Are you trying to say, we cant have people who can work deligently and upright without stealing? Even now with this crop of people in power, if federal govt give ss, 50% derivatives, we are not sure, the money will spent well. How do you see some paying the same money over 100 times? Kill the theives, Put new leaders, if they steal again, kill them and put another set, if the new ones cant be straight forward, kill them also. Beaf repent, God is watching.

Beaf and I share the same views on politics, that doesn't mean I am beaf...so stop calling me beaf...
common sense will tell you that even when you expect people to be upright, you don't tempt them by creating an unrealistic and artifical distortion in market prices...of course they will always be corruption, it exist everywhere...

Look at pension fund issue....y the hell is the govt managing pension funds? that what comes to my mind not Mr a or Mr b did this or that...because we are moving in endless circles...

If the Yoruba are fighting true federalism as you claim , then lets see them organize a protest for it, then I will join...not say that and then organize a protest on how to continue the sharing of the national cake at a cheap rate...do you think they will ever allow the federal government to take over their cocoa farms and then promise all Nigerians a small fixed price for cocoa products no matter the market price? and then the federal government will then pay the owners of the arable land what ever it likes...
once again be wise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3-day Ultimatum To Abandoned Vehicles’ Owners In Lagos / Abba Moro To Be Arraigned Today Over NIS Recruitment Scam / Falana To Sue Judge Over Inspection Of Detention Facilities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.