Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,984 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan (10358 Views)

Mass Protest Against Oshiomhole Administration Rocks Benin City / Video-update: Policemen Protest In Lagos Over Subsidy Removal / Anti-Gay Bill: “Go Back To School” Soyinka Tells Nigerian Legislators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by PointB: 5:25pm On May 02, 2012
OlowoTee: I'm sorry, but i was going to ask when do we prepare for mass protest over the d BokoHaramss ? Aren't they deadlier?

I wonder o. Or when are we going to mass protest for regionalism,true fiscal federalism. All these protest about oil (subsidy or no subsidy). When are we going to stage a protest that all oil block illegally allocated to cronies be revoked.

Anyway, people are free to protest against what affect them the most. Fuel subsidy corruption is not my biggest worry, I want fuel subsidy completely romoved! Let those affected fuel subsidy scam hit the road. I will support them via TV!

1 Like

Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by Gbawe: 5:33pm On May 02, 2012
The disgraceful conduct of Allison-Madueke, that GEJ cannot be unaware of, is laid bare below in the award-winning expose GEJ has never even bothered to acknowledge let alone be interested in investigating. What is written below contains specific names and allegation.

Ethnic jingoists should give us a break. It is an open and shut case. I make bold to say the woman is one of the major culprits , if not the biggest, in the subsidy scam. She has used her position to raise funds massively for GEJ to the detriment of Nigeria. This is why she remains untouchable while silly bigots keep stupidly postulating that some ethic groups are after her because she is 'blocking' their 'food'. Nothing of the sort. The woman is simply a very corrupt and shameless looter who has never actually excelled in any Government position.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/news/top-stories/101858-diezani-allison-madueke-former-oil-minister-her-jeweller-and-their-sweetheart-deal.html

Diezani Allison-Madueke, Former Oil minister, her jeweller and their sweetheart deal
By staff 26/06/2011 07:59:00
Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font
Comments
Former Petroleum Minister, Diezani Allison Maduekwe Former Petroleum Minister, Diezani Allison Maduekwe

On April 7, 2010, a day after her appointment as minister for petroleum resources, Diezani Allison-Madueke flew to Beverley Hills in Los Angeles to revel in a lavish party and fashion show put together by Christopher Aire, a United States-based Nigerian celebrity jewellry designer and merchant, whom she met during her 15-month tenure as minister for solid minerals and steel development.

By the time the bejewelled Mrs Alison-Madueke returned home a few days later to assume duties as Nigeria's first female oil minister, she had achieved three clear objectives from the trip - she had unlimited fun, acquired some of Aire's exotic gold and gemstones, and handed Mr Aire an invitation to become one of Nigeria's biggest crude oil lifters.

It was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

At the time, the 47-year-old Mr Aire had nothing whatever to do with the oil business. His company, Solid 21 Incorporated, dealt strictly in jewellery and timepieces. Those close to him said Mr Aire was content with his jewellery business and had no plan to venture into Nigeria's murky oil waters. But all that changed after his meeting with Mrs Alison-Madueke that fateful April 7.

As the minister was flying home, Mr Aire also kick-started the process of registering brand new companies with which he planned to lift Nigerian crude. On July 9, 2010, the jeweller incorporated Siseno Oil Nigeria Limited, with him and one Patience Iluobe (believed to be his relative) as directors, to carry out the business of petroleum products sales and distribution.

Twelve days later (July 21, 2010), Mr Aire, through his agents, headed again to the Corporate Affairs Commission, where he incorporated another firm, Caligeria Oil Limited, also for the purpose of conducting petroleum products sales and distribution.

This time, one of his US-based companies, Osiri Holdings, Ms Iluobe, and one Otaigbe Onyekwere Agba, were named as directors. Mr Aire also proceeded to incorporate a US version of Caligeria with himself, his bodyguard, Joseph Agbi, and Jivani Davoodian, a Californian lawyer, as directors.

Favourite crude oil lifter

[b]Mr Aire passed the papers of his newly minted companies, which have neither fixed addresses nor personnel, to the Crude Oil Marketing Division of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation. Shortly afterwards - a month after the companies were born - Mrs Alison-Madueke discretionally approved the award of crude oil lifting contracts to the two firms, in violation of NNPC guidelines for lifting of Nigerian crude.

She also disregarded the fact that the "briefcase company" had no track record and lacked the ability to perform.
According to a stringent guideline released by the NNPC in early 2010, companies which wish to lift Nigerian crude must prove that they are bona fide end users and that they are established and globally recognised large volume traders with evidence of their global network, their activities, and volumes of crude oil handled in the last three years.

Such companies must also provide evidence that they are registered Nigerian companies with operations in Nigeria's oil and gas industry, and must have a minimum annual turnover of at least $100 million and net worth of not less than $40 million.

Applicants are also required to show commitment to the development of the Nigerian economy by investing in any number of opportunities that abound either in the oil industry or gas sector. Besides, successful companies are expected to post a $1 million performance bond through a first class Nigerian bank in addition to the regular crude oil contract provisions.

In the same guideline, the corporation promises transparency, fairness and equity in the contract award processes. "The NNPC further wishes to emphasise that there is absolutely nothing like ‘Presidential', ‘Task Force', ‘Ministerial', ‘Diplomatic' or any other form of special or privileged allocation, which can be peddled by hawkers or anyone," the guideline states.

Mrs Alison-Maduekwe approved this guideline, which was posted on the NNPC's website on June 24, 2010, over a month after she became minister. But by allocating crude oil to Mr Aire's companies without regard for these rules, the then minister, insiders say, demonstrated a penchant for violating laws, including regulations she helped put in place.

Those who should know at the NNPC say Siseno and Caligeria did not meet any of these requirements. In fact, NEXT was able to determine that the companies do not have fixed addresses or personnel in Nigeria. Caligeria has Plot G19, House 34, Dan Alhaji Road, Barnawa, Kaduna, as its registered address. Siseno, on the other hand, listed Dollar Shop at the Transcorp Hilton Hotel in Abuja as its operational address.
[/b]
But visits to those addresses showed that these companies never operated out of those locations. Plot G19, House 34, in Kaduna is an unpainted residential bungalow, and residents and neighbours said no company known as Caligeria has ever operated in the building. "Just because their owner knows the minister and hosted her well at his glamorous event in California, the companies are today two of the biggest lifters of Nigeria's crude oil," said a source at the petroleum ministry.

We have learnt that, between them, Mr Aire's two companies lift 60,000 barrels of crude per day, the highest for any established industry player and twice as much as well-known companies such as Addax, Vermont, Oando, Unicorp and others who are allocated 30,000 barrels per day. The government, through the NNPC, subcontracts crude marketing by allocating crude lifting contracts of 30,000 barrel per day; but some traders like Glencore, Travigura, Vitol and Sahara get as much as 60,000 barrels per day.

Nobody got more than the minister's jeweller friend

As usual, Mrs Alison-Madueke declined to state her own side of the story to our reporters. She called off an interview appointment scheduled with our editors for June 13. She also did not return calls and text messages seeking her comments for this story.

Mr Aire did not respond to our enquiries either. When our reporter called his California office, a spokesperson who identified herself as Adriana, requested that questions should be e-mailed directly to her. She did not respond to the email as at the time this newspaper went to print. But the spokesperson of the NNPC, Levi Ajuonoma, rose in stout defence of his organisation, saying the organisation did nothing wrong. "The process for crude oil lifting license is so cumbersome. If you don't meet the requirements, you cannot be approved to lift crude," Mr Ajuonoma said. He confirmed that Caligeria, which he claimed had been around for a long time, got a one-year lifting contract that had since expired. He denied that Siseno was awarded contract to lift crude, saying "there is no such company on my list." But information at our disposal shows otherwise.

Caligeria's registration documents, obtained officially from the Corporate Affairs Commission, indicate that the company was incorporated less than a year ago and has a subsisting contract with the NNPC. High level sources also confirmed to us that Siseno, also less than a year old, is on the list of our country's crude oil traders. With the arbitrary allocations to his no-address companies, Mr Aire and his associates earn about $11 million a year in profit for doing virtually nothing. Crude lifters make about 50 cents a barrel per day, which cumulatively comes to about $30,000 per day in profit for the jeweller-turned-oil magnate.

Typically, what these ‘briefcase companies' do is team up with influential officials such as Mrs Alison-Madueke, lobby for contracts independently, and then sell their allocations to more established traders. Mr Aire's companies also benefitted from Mrs Alison-Madueke's discretional award of contracts for the lifting of products from the Oso condensate (an extra light Nigerian hydrocarbon) and the Escravos liquefied petroleum gas terminal. Our sources said Caligeria lifts 45,000 metric tonnes of condensate, while Siseno gets 30,000 metric tonnes of LPG from Escravos. Industry insiders said profit from this also runs into several millions of dollars.

Some industry operators described the obvious in calling Mr Aire's a "sweetheart deal". "We just can't understand why briefcase companies without any track record became Diezani's most favourite companies to lift crude oil," said one highly placed source in the petroleum ministry, who did not want to be named for fear of reprisal. "This is the highest level of arbitrariness and corruption I have ever seen, and this woman must be made to answer questions," the source said.

Allison-Madueke's bazaar

Arbitrary awards of crude lifting contracts to obscure companies is indicative of the corruption in the oil industry, which allegedly skyrocketed during the tenure of Mrs Allison-Madueke to a degree last seen during the Sani Abacha administration. Insiders said that during her tenure, awards of contracts were characterised by bribery of top politicians, cronyism in allocation and indirect ownership in some of the lifters, and payment of huge bribes to high level facilitators within the petroleum ministry and the NNPC.

But this has not stopped Mrs Allison-Madueke, who has alienated the entire industry as well as her cabinet colleagues and senior aides to the president, from lobbying furiously for reappointment. Sources say Mrs Allison-Madueke, who is close to the president, is also opposed by Patience Jonathan, the president's wife.

Despite what appears to be overwhelming opposition, however, insiders still rate Mrs Allison-Madueke's chances high, as the president finalises his list of cabinet ministers for transmission to the Senate this week. Our investigation revealed that apart from Caligeria and Siseno, the former minister also trampled on due process in awarding crude lifting contracts to other companies such as Sullom Voe, Spog, Tempo and Tacomo. Insiders also accuse her of discretionary awards of Escravos liquefied petroleum gas contracts to Addax Energy, Avidor Oil and Gas Limited (believed to have connection to Vitol), Taleveras Business, Accoldis Limited (with connection to Spog), Elan Oil (believed to be another version of Traffigura) Tempo Energy Limited, and Blissfield Enterprises. Yet, the bazaar did not end there.

Mrs Alison-Madueke, our sources further revealed, proceeded to discretionally approve the awards of Oso condensate contracts to Algasco (also linked to Vitol), Optima Energy Services, Theydon Petro SA, Ocean Bed (with connection to Sahara Energy), Mangrove Energy, Havistar Petroleum (linked to Taleveras), Hyson, Ascon limited, Nipco Plc, Vitacan Services Limited, AMG Petro Energy, Energy Resources Management, Ultimate Gas Limited, Tempo Energy, Caligeria Oil Limited, Mez Technical Limited, Messrs Affiliate Global Exchange Limited, and Mezcor SA. Most of these companies have little or no investment in Nigeria, as required by the NNPC guideline for crude oil lifting.

A stench of corruption

The former powerful minister worked through a group of very small, even shadowy, companies that always seem to get the best contracts from the NNPC in the upstream and downstream sectors and on occasion in the services industry.

The tangled web of questionable deals includes last-minute assignment of production rights in five large oil blocks to Septa Energy and the obscure Atlantic Drilling Concept Limited without a public tender. The practices also include the secretive award of kerosene allocations, crude oil allocations, fuel oil allocations, LPG and condensate exports, automotive gas oil and naphtha. Oil traders, according to insiders, regularly pay substantial kickbacks into the offshore accounts of top oil sector executives. Insiders say the Isle of Man has been a favourite jurisdiction for such offshore accounts.

The funds are paid directly into the accounts from outside Nigeria and thus the funds never enter Nigeria and cannot be tracked internally. The funds are often then laundered through real estate purchases. A source familiar with the arrangement said London remains the dominant location where funds are laundered in this fashion.

It is said that since Farida Waziri became the chairperson of the EFCC, the Metropolitan Police had enjoyed zero local co-operation in pursuing such matters. In fact, the source added, when the Met briefs the EFCC on such cases with a view to getting its assistance, elements in the commission promptly informs the target - for a fee of course. Under Mrs Allison-Madueke, all sorts of gaps have been exploited. As at April this year, 600,000 metric tonnes of diesel had been imported, with importers shaken down at a rate of N10 per litre.

We have no evidence that these bribes directly involved the former minister. NEXT had also uncovered an elaborate bribery scam at the Petroleum Product Pricing and Regulatory Agency (PPPRA), where oil marketers were compelled to pay bribes in US dollars in exchange for obtaining authorisation to import gasoline.

Our investigation at the time showed that oil marketers were instructed by PPPRA to call a mobile telephone number and pay a bribe of $8 per metric tonne of petroleum allocated to them, such that a firm with a 100,000 metric tonnes allocation would be required to pay a bribe of $800,000 in cash. We were also able to establish in subsequent investigations that Mrs Alison-Maduekwe appeared to have violated Nigeria's procurement law by quietly signing away operatorship rights in five lucrative oil blocks to two barely established companies.
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by PointB: 5:34pm On May 02, 2012
Orikinla: [size=28]DEAR FELLOW NIGERIANS, DO NOT JOIN ANY MASS PROTESTS UNTIL SOYINKA'S CHILDREN AND BAKARE'S CHILDREN ARE IN FRONT WITH THE POOR MASSES MARCHING ON THE STREET AND IF THEY CANNOT GIVE YOU ANY LIFE INSURANCE, DON'T JOIN THEM. [/size]

Should I say well said? grin grin grin grin
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by mmuoado(m): 5:51pm On May 02, 2012
Kilode?!:
Most of those that gave Soyinka a thunderous applause after his South South Summit Speech will oppose this protest and do nothing to help Soyinka, SNG or their dehumanized people.

Na now dem go remember sey na dem pikin dey Aso Rock.

This is not dem pikin call,nigerians have suffered enough.imagine a president removing fuel subsidy without investigating if it realy existed.its a pity.I lost my job in kano cos of bokoharam,what about the countless victims.have Ɣ☺ΰ imagined how many nigerians boko haram/pdp have killed sofar,even the nta can't give Ɣ☺ΰ such figures,it is still the foreigners/white that can tell us how many people we have lost in our own country.supopose boko haram is attacking the north,obviously,what has the govt of GED done to atleast develop other regions of the country?my point what has this present done?real shame!
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by PointB: 6:02pm On May 02, 2012
DaLover:

Y would someone disguise his name if he is going to say the same thing? I can understand the Okada man not seeing the bigger picture, but I honestly expect someone with access to the internet to see this..(although most NLers are to put it mildly, very daft), if you understand the depth of my last post you will see that what I am asking for is a radical approach to the way we have decided to run our lives... now tell me the difference between the fraud in the oil subsidy and the drugs subsidy by delta state? where does one start from? Is it about fighting Maduake and GEJ or correcting the system...Tell me you want to protest for resource control, states paying taxes to FG, government sticking to its core responsibilities and I am with you...but if you tell me you want to go and fight for cheaper fuel or fight someone that dared to tell us the truth, sorry..

Well said my brother.

Some of these activists, and NL armchairs critics are just interested in one thing - fighting the symptom. For how long shall we continue in this line, and way of doing things?

What was the result of the power probe shortly after Obj regime? Was Obj Presidential Library and source of Ota Farm sudden metamorphosis not probed? Where is the result? Where is the result of probes and counter-probes done over the years? Why must we continue in this fruitless path? Why must I see this one one differently?

Someone should wake me up, when it is time for protest in support of Regionalism and true Fiscal Federalism, and a weaker central government. All this merry-go round trips by those who have missed police tear-gas has not and will not achieve anything. But like I said, I am willing to offer my support via TV, and send my condolence to the fallen mugus and magas in the next myopic protest. Wondering when the so-called 'intelligentsia' will actually start deploying their thoughts towards tackling subsidy corruption from the root - complete removal of fuel subsidy is a starting point.
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by DaLover(m): 11:21pm On May 02, 2012
Gbawe: The disgraceful conduct of Allison-Madueke, that GEJ cannot be unaware of, is laid bare below in the award-winning expose GEJ has never even bothered to acknowledge let alone be interested in investigating. What is written below contains specific names and allegation.

Ethnic jingoists should give us a break. It is an open and shut case. I make bold to say the woman is one of the major culprits , if not the biggest, in the subsidy scam. She has used her position to raise funds massively for GEJ to the detriment of Nigeria. This is why she remains untouchable while silly bigots keep stupidly postulating that some ethic groups are after her because she is 'blocking' their 'food'. Nothing of the sort. The woman is simply a very corrupt and shameless looter who has never actually excelled in any Government position.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/news/top-stories/101858-diezani-allison-madueke-former-oil-minister-her-jeweller-and-their-sweetheart-deal.html

i
after reading your article, i now understood where u and the other mugus are coming from....b4 maduake, oil blocks and oil lifting were shared btw our yoruba and hausa overlords, now apearantly she has upset the pathern and started with others.......yoruba and hausa companies started out as briefcase, and they used their positions to entrench themselves, name any top yoruba or hausa politician that does not own oil blocks or lifting licences? Now Alison is sharing to her people and it has become a top crime that must be stoped at all cost.......well lets assume that she is actually corrupt and she is removed, probably jailed what next, what stops the next person from doing exactly the same thing? Ibori is jailed now, the governors have stopped steealing money abi?
It is the ultimate evil to pretend to be fighting for justise, getting the support of docile mugus, while the original aim is to replace one person with another while maintaining the same system......
This were the same set of people that told us that a tribal party ACN was a better alternative to pdp?? Wanting to replace a currupt party with one that is tribal and currupt...
Yes alison may have allocated oil lifting licences to the jeweller, but y would a system even allow for that responsibility to a minister? Why should nigeria actually be exporting raw crude in the first place? the easiest thing to do is to sit down and hurl insults, but my apeal go to those outside Lagos and SW, continue to stand your ground, we refused to follow the last sham jamboree in Lagos last time, and we should not be decieved again

1 Like

Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by Detongue: 2:00am On May 03, 2012
Na only u and Tunde Bakare go enter road dis tym. Who una dey decieve, who b foooool
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by dounleedee: 12:52pm On May 03, 2012
GEJ apologists should applaud themselves. They have spoken the minds of Niger Deltans. Hooray!!!
To me, the worst form of slavery and self-colonisation is ignorance.
Prof Wole Soyinka took on OBJ and others before him on corruption without much result, yet he has remained steadfast in his call for a National Conference to change the same system you’re moaning about. If your argument about the lopsided nature of the polity is your reason for being against prosecuting fraudulent Nigerians, how much has the Prof benefited directly from oil subsidy? How much has majority of Deltans benefited from Ibori’s loot, or Bayelsans from Alams? How many Yorubas or Hausas massively benefitted from the past blatant criminally minded award of oil blocks?
Before you condemn us Niger Deltans to the dustbin of history, let us ask ourselves one question:
Can we change the system if our reactions to criminality, fraud and corruption are selective and ethnic based?
Personally, I do not believe in Bakare’s SNG impartiality as a professed politician himself, but in my opinion as a Deltan, I will support 100% any step or action embarked by anyone designed to stem the rot in our communities. When we begin the process, we can always sift the wheat from the chaff. The president’s constituency is Nigeria and not Niger Delta, if the Yorubas and Hausas before us could not do it, it doesn’t not mean we cannot.
Change has to start from somewhere; we should not miss this opportunity.
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by DaLover(m): 3:12pm On May 03, 2012
dounleedee: GEJ apologists should applaud themselves. They have spoken the minds of Niger Deltans. Hooray!!!
To me, the worst form of slavery and self-colonisation is ignorance.
Prof Wole Soyinka took on OBJ and others before him on corruption without much result, yet he has remained steadfast in his call for a National Conference to change the same system you’re moaning about. If your argument about the lopsided nature of the polity is your reason for being against prosecuting fraudulent Nigerians, how much has the Prof benefited directly from oil subsidy? How much has majority of Deltans benefited from Ibori’s loot, or Bayelsans from Alams? How many Yorubas or Hausas massively benefitted from the past blatant criminally minded award of oil blocks?
Before you condemn us Niger Deltans to the dustbin of history, let us ask ourselves one question:
Can we change the system if our reactions to criminality, fraud and corruption are selective and ethnic based?
Personally, I do not believe in Bakare’s SNG impartiality as a professed politician himself, but in my opinion as a Deltan, I will support 100% any step or action embarked by anyone designed to stem the rot in our communities. When we begin the process, we can always sift the wheat from the chaff. The president’s constituency is Nigeria and not Niger Delta, if the Yorubas and Hausas before us could not do it, it doesn’t not mean we cannot.
Change has to start from somewhere; we should not miss this opportunity.

Guy look, we are saying don't bring deltans into a superficial fight, we have had authentic fights in which we have not asked the SW to be wholly involved...the fight against corruption has seen Alams in prison, Ibori in prison and more will follow suit,,, but guess what, it will not change anything...why would I be stupid enuf to embark on protest that will not achieve anything...

Soyinka is a great person, but remains human...he recently said there is no need for an SNC, a position I have been canvasing for a while now, because non of the other ldiots asking for SNC realize that people who really want the structure of the Nation to remain the same will form the bulk of reps at the SNC....On this particular subject I do not agree with him. He needs to go back to his original ideals where he preached right to self determination, reduced government interference in peoples life, a people run government that starts from grass roots upwards. He has never been known to fight for freebies and awuf.

There is a difference between an END/objective and a means to an end, what do you want to achieve by the protest ok, lets assume we arrest and try some offenders, then jail them, then what next?

In sensible countries when lapses occur that allow monumental corruption, the key questions that always arise is, how can the system be upgraded so that such opportunities will not occur again...I am not saying that those found guilty should not be prosecuted! Check out the changes Obama introduced since the last economic melt down....

You claim to be a Deltan, go to goggle and search Ijaw protests, or protests in NigerDelta...we have been protesting for many years about a systems that creates lGAs and states for the sole purpose of sharing conquered loot..99% of Nigerians refer to crude as "our free oil", and you are telling me about GEJ apologist?

Halliburton scandal, pension probe, power projects, Nafcon issue, NSL so on and so on and so forth.....what is the difference between all these and the subsidy scandal?
If you don't know or pretend not to know, the difference is that the key participants dared to remove the subsidy which the masses see as their own share of the loot, their own distribution of the oil wealth All other corruption cases can go almost unnoticed but people are ready to die for this one...I realize that there are some lost cases like Aljharem, kobojunkie and others, but there are also some potential leaders out there who do not need to be mislead on issues like this. If you cannot see the fundamental issue at stake here, let me say it again..Deltans will gladly join street protest, fighting or what so ever to achieve a structural change in the system. We have been fighting our battles since, nor bi today matter....if you like to tribalise or trivialize it, feel free to do so but try enter the streets of Warri to fight for free PMS and anything your head see, come tell us...
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by DaLover(m): 3:17pm On May 03, 2012
Prepare for mass protest over resource control, dalover tells Nigerians-nairaland
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by Johndoe100(m): 3:25pm On May 03, 2012
DaLover:
[b]
i
after reading your article, i now understood where u and the other mugus are coming from....b4 maduake, oil blocks and oil lifting were shared btw our yoruba and hausa overlords, now apearantly she has upset the pathern and started with others.......yoruba and hausa companies started out as briefcase, and they used their positions to entrench themselves, name any top yoruba or hausa politician that does not own oil blocks or lifting licences? Now Alison is sharing to her people and it has become a top crime that must be stoped at all cost.......well lets assume that she is actually corrupt and she is removed, probably jailed what next, what stops the next person from doing exactly the same thing? Ibori is jailed now, the governors have stopped steealing money abi?
It is the ultimate evil to pretend to be fighting for justise, getting the support of docile mugus, while the original aim is to replace one person with another while maintaining the same system......
This were the same set of people that told us that a tribal party ACN was a better alternative to pdp?? Wanting to replace a currupt party with one that is tribal and currupt...[/b]
Yes alison may have allocated oil lifting licences to the jeweller, but y would a system even allow for that responsibility to a minister? Why should nigeria actually be exporting raw crude in the first place? the easiest thing to do is to sit down and hurl insults, but my apeal go to those outside Lagos and SW, continue to stand your ground, we refused to follow the last sham jamboree in Lagos last time, and we should not be decieved again

God bless you. I did not know there were other people here who could see through this blatant sham. There is still hope, please keep telling them the truth.
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by aljharem(m): 3:59pm On May 03, 2012
@ Johndeo and other NDers

Keep allowing Beaf aka Dalover and his tribalistic goons be deceiving you all using tribalism to cover una eyes.

The problem with some of you is that you are lazy thinkers and lack the basic form of analytical thinking.

You want to stop the Yorubas and Hausas from working in the Nigeria Oil companies ? How is that possible ?

1. Niger-delta or any section of the country have nothing against the Yorubas because they have Oil as well thus quit dreaming

2. Hausas you keep shouting about stealing your oil, you think the best way to get oil blocks back is through tribalism ? My brothers and sisters think again.

3. Even if Nigeria split, these Oil cabals would still be in the Niger-delta because they are not loyal to any ethnic group bit loyal to themselves. Likes of Alams and co would sell these blocks to them !

4. Has corruption been tackled ?

5. When Wole Soyinka was protesting against OBJ, where were for fore-fathers ? Yes they were stealing money to London and co rather then develop the Niger-delta.

6. Where are the billions Ibori and Alams stole ? Why not demand accountability for your leaders rather than blame ethnicity.

I can keep going on and on. Since Asari has started MEND, has the situation of Niger-delta changed ? Yes or No.

What a pity, I wonder what the difference between the suffering of a typical Niger-delta and a typical Nigerian.
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by Gbawe: 4:09pm On May 03, 2012
alj harem: @ Johndeo and other NDers

Keep allowing Beaf aka Dalover and his tribalistic goons be deceiving you all using tribalism to cover una eyes.

The problem with some of you is that you are lazy thinkers and lack the basic form of analytical thinking.

You want to stop the Yorubas and Hausas from working in the Nigeria Oil companies ? How is that possible ?

1. Niger-delta or any section of the country have nothing against the Yorubas because they have Oil as well thus quit dreaming

2. Hausas you keep shouting about stealing your oil, you think the best way to get oil blocks back is through tribalism ? My brothers and sisters think again.

3. Even if Nigeria split, these Oil cabals would still be in the Niger-delta because they are not loyal to any ethnic group bit loyal to themselves. Likes of Alams and co would sell these blocks to them !

5. When Wole Soyinka was protesting against OBJ, where were for fore-fathers ? Yes they were stealing money to London and co rather then develop the Niger-delta.

6. Where are the billions Ibori and Alams stole ? Why not demand accountability for your leaders rather than blame ethnicity.

I can keep going on and on. Since Asari has started MEND, has the situation of Niger-delta changed ? Yes or No.

What a pity, I wonder what the difference between the suffering of a typical Niger-delta and a typical Nigerian.

Indeed. Such folks are to be avoided. I don't know whether Soyinka has asked for the involvement of these mentally lazy reprobates to the extent they are now mouthing off here. Simply stay away from any planned protests. For sure GEJ will not be in power forever and lesson will have been learnt about those not mature or sophisticated enough to eschew base clannishness, crass feudalism and ugly ethnic bigotry when it was "their turn". You cannot even say anything about GEJ's leadership style without his clannish folks reminding you that "this was not done in OBJ or Yar Adua's time".

A competent Court finds AL Mustafa guilty of murder and a functional illiterate like Asari-Dokubo has to ridiculously link that to a Yoruba plot to rubbish GEJ !!! Subsidy protest even was a protest by the Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani "parasites" to cause problems for the 'son' of the "owners" of oil. All that these folks are just showing , even if they cannot see it, is the lack of maturity that means the political establishment will see them as dangerous to peace and harmony and, ultimately, not worthy of very powerful positions because ethnocentric leanings will not allow them to make mature decisions on behalf of the nation. The should carry on with the display of stupidity. At the end of the day, it is 100% certain Soyinka and the SNG will not ask anyone to join any protest by force. To that end I don't know why some are rolling around on the floor here telling us they will not join any protest as if they were expected to in the first place.
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by PointB: 4:16pm On May 03, 2012
DaLover:

Guy look, we are saying don't bring deltans into a superficial fight, we have had authentic fights in which we have not asked the SW to be wholly involved...the fight against corruption has seen Alams in prison, Ibori in prison and more will follow suit,,, but guess what, it will not change anything...why would I be stupid enuf to embark on protest that will not achieve anything...

Soyinka is a great person, but remains human...he recently said there is no need for an SNC, a position I have been canvasing for a while now, because non of the other ldiots asking for SNC realize that people who really want the structure of the Nation to remain the same will form the bulk of reps at the SNC....On this particular subject I do not agree with him. He needs to go back to his original ideals where he preached right to self determination, reduced government interference in peoples life, a people run government that starts from grass roots upwards. He has never been known to fight for freebies and awuf.

There is a difference between an END/objective and a means to an end, what do you want to achieve by the protest ok, lets assume we arrest and try some offenders, then jail them, then what next?

In sensible countries when lapses occur that allow monumental corruption, the key questions that always arise is, how can the system be upgraded so that such opportunities will not occur again...I am not saying that those found guilty should not be prosecuted! Check out the changes Obama introduced since the last economic melt down....

You claim to be a Deltan, go to goggle and search Ijaw protests, or protests in NigerDelta...we have been protesting for many years about a systems that creates lGAs and states for the sole purpose of sharing conquered loot..99% of Nigerians refer to crude as "our free oil", and you are telling me about GEJ apologist?

Halliburton scandal, pension probe, power projects, Nafcon issue, NSL so on and so on and so forth.....what is the difference between all these and the subsidy scandal?
If you don't know or pretend not to know, the difference is that the key participants dared to remove the subsidy which the masses see as their own share of the loot, their own distribution of the oil wealth All other corruption cases can go almost unnoticed but people are ready to die for this one...I realize that there are some lost cases like Aljharem, kobojunkie and others, but there are also some potential leaders out there who do not need to be mislead on issues like this. If you cannot see the fundamental issue at stake here, let me say it again..Deltans will gladly join street protest, fighting or what so ever to achieve a structural change in the system. We have been fighting our battles since, nor bi today matter....if you like to tribalise or trivialize it, feel free to do so but try enter the streets of Warri to fight for free PMS and anything your head see, come tell us...

The truth must prevail. Keep up the good work. You are on point sir.
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by DaLover(m): 4:26pm On May 03, 2012
alj harem: @ Johndeo and other NDers

I used to think you were trying to trivialize issues until I realized the issues at stake are too big for you mind to cope with, feel free to go out and protest how and where ever you want...please feel free to jail who ever you catch...asking for resource control is not the same as asking for Yoruba and Hausa to stop working for oil companies, it will only mean they would report to land owners of the resources who are sharp enuf to make money out of their natural gifts...instead of a situation where the land owners have to dance to the tunes of the Hausa and Yoruba under the guise of federal government.

Alams and Ibori have been sentenced and FG had made seizures of properties and finances abi? Now you want me to ask them to be accountable abi?

Ahj Harem,
please answer a few questions? does the system encourage corruption or not?
1-Do you think arresting a few politicians can resolve the current level of corruption?
2-Do you think the current structure where states wait for revenue instead of paying taxes is the best?
3-Do you think the FG should be the one distributing PMS and Kero?

You cannot not have proper accountability without proper assignment and definition of responsibilities, I find it laughable that people actually expect a state governor to be loyal and responsible to the people of the state when the FG is his paymaster...in primary school we were told that he who plays the piper dictates the tune, but it seams Ahj harem expects the tunes to be dictated by by-standers...

Only lazy bottom feeders and freebie loving leaches interpret asking for resource control as asking for split and Yoruba and Hausas not to work in oil companies....what a small brain...lol

since asari and co started mend, the situation in 9ja delta has not changed drastically but the consciousness is rising, we are gradually taking control of our resource and guess whos the most scared
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by aljharem(m): 5:06pm On May 03, 2012
DaLover:

I used to think you were trying to trivialize issues until I realized the issues at stake are too big for you mind to cope with, feel free to go out and protest how and where ever you want...please feel free to jail who ever you catch...asking for resource control is not the same as asking for Yoruba and Hausa to stop working for oil companies, it will only mean they would report to land owners of the resources who are sharp enuf to make money out of their natural gifts...instead of a situation where the land owners have to dance to the tunes of the Hausa and Yoruba under the guise of federal government.

Alams and Ibori have been sentenced and FG had made seizures of properties and finances abi? Now you want me to ask them to be accountable abi?

Ahj Harem,
please answer a few questions? does the system encourage corruption or not?
1-Do you think arresting a few politicians can resolve the current level of corruption?
2-Do you think the current structure where states wait for revenue instead of paying taxes is the best?
3-Do you think the FG should be the one distributing PMS and Kero?

You cannot not have proper accountability without proper assignment and definition of responsibilities, I find it laughable that people actually expect a state governor to be loyal and responsible to the people of the state when the FG is his paymaster...in primary school we were told that he who plays the piper dictates the tune, but it seams Ahj harem expects the tunes to be dictated by by-standers...

Only lazy bottom feeders and freebie loving leaches interpret asking for resource control as asking for split and Yoruba and Hausas not to work in oil companies....what a small brain...lol

since asari and co started mend, the situation in 9ja delta has not changed drastically but the consciousness is rising, we are gradually taking control of our resource and guess whos the most scared

LOL, I seriously pity Niger-delta if they carry your sort of mentality. Ok I would use Lagos as an example.

Oil is found in Lagos state and peopel keep moving in displaying the indigenes.

This development alone has displaced the indigenes off their ancestral homes which is even much more painful (go to gaza to find out). But you see, rather then go violent and insist tribalism their we MIX up with the new people. How many times have hausas been the governor of Lagos ? In fact Lagos happen to be the only state where Ijaws would claim an enclave, Igbos would claim their own enclave, Huasa the same, Fulani same etc But you do not see violence. Why you ask, because we have long understood that the suffering of Musa, Ayo and Emeka is NOT different from each other.

Why am I saying this, I am saying it because the way Asari and your likes are talking. Niger-delta republic would not work that way assuming you form una country.

What happens when Isoko land that happens to have no oil and is the capital ? Would Asari come out again and start Mend part 2 against the Isoko ?

How is your suffering different from the average Yoruba or Hausa man on the street ?

Do you think because Otedola is a Yoruba man he give a rat a55 about me ? Yes or No ? Be honest with yourself

Do you think because Dangote is a Hausa man he gives a rat a55 about me ? Yes or no

Do you think because GEJ is an Ijaw man he gives a rat a55 about You or Johndeo ? Yes or no

Go to USA, ask why Texas has not planned to secede or fight an Oil fight because a state like New-york is a parasite to it. It is called thinking ahead. Intelligent thinking.

Ask why Lagos indigenes are not saying they are not yorubas, It is called thinking ahead my brother.

Today in most especially in the niger-delta and Igboland, and community that has few barrels of oil would claim it is an ethnic identity on it own. That sort of mentality has now translated to Nigeria as a whole.

I have never seen the suffering of Niger-delta as different from mine because I believe we are one. When Asari started making bigoted statements you expect that would cure the Niger-delta of the cabal ? LOL

Asari himself has gone fatter than ever before because he himself now does the very thing he condemned.

Majority of the oil spill is caused by likes of Asari when they vandalise pipelines because he is not an engineer.

My brother, Why not direct your anger at likes of Atiku, OBJ etc instead of directing your anger on the Yoruba and Hausa ethnic nationality.
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by Johndoe100(m): 6:41pm On May 03, 2012
alj harem:
My brother, Why not direct your anger at likes of Atiku, OBJ etc instead of directing your anger on the Yoruba and Hausa ethnic nationality.

Because along with Atiku and OBJ, there is a clear ethnic agenda on the part of the yoruba and the hausa to dominate and maginalize us. You do realize that this domination is one of the major driving forces of both these parasitic tribes.

And please stop insulting us, we are a million times better than the cattle violators you call family
Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by DaLover(m): 3:00am On May 04, 2012
alj harem:

LOL, I seriously pity Niger-delta if they carry your sort of mentality. Ok I would use Lagos as an example.

This development alone has displaced the indigenes off their ancestral homes which is even much more painful (go to gaza to find out). But you see, rather then go violent and insist tribalism their we MIX up with the new people. How many times have hausas been the governor of Lagos ? In fact Lagos happen to be the only state where Ijaws would claim an enclave, Igbos would claim their own enclave, Huasa the same, Fulani same etc But you do not see violence. Why you ask, because we have long understood that the suffering of Musa, Ayo and Emeka is NOT different from each other.

Why am I saying this, I am saying it because the way Asari and your likes are talking. Niger-delta republic would not work that way assuming you form una country.

What happens when Isoko land that happens to have no oil and is the capital ? Would Asari come out again and start Mend part 2 against the Isoko ?

How is your suffering different from the average Yoruba or Hausa man on the street ?

Do you think because Otedola is a Yoruba man he give a rat a55 about me ? Yes or No ? Be honest with yourself

Do you think because Dangote is a Hausa man he gives a rat a55 about me ? Yes or no

Do you think because GEJ is an Ijaw man he gives a rat a55 about You or Johndeo ? Yes or no

Go to USA, ask why Texas has not planned to secede or fight an Oil fight because a state like New-york is a parasite to it. It is called thinking ahead. Intelligent thinking.

Ask why Lagos indigenes are not saying they are not yorubas, It is called thinking ahead my brother.

Today in most especially in the niger-delta and Igboland, and community that has few barrels of oil would claim it is an ethnic identity on it own. That sort of mentality has now translated to Nigeria as a whole.

I have never seen the suffering of Niger-delta as different from mine because I believe we are one. When Asari started making bigoted statements you expect that would cure the Niger-delta of the cabal ? LOL

Asari himself has gone fatter than ever before because he himself now does the very thing he condemned.

Majority of the oil spill is caused by likes of Asari when they vandalise pipelines because he is not an engineer.

Re: Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan by DaLover(m): 3:01am On May 04, 2012
alj harem:

Wait ooo, so Lagos state is also receiving 13% derivation? How much oil is produced there to be exact? Well good for them, weather they produce real or imagined oil, it doesn't change anything.

I hope u know that both new york and Texas states pay tax to sustain the US federal government? The state of newyork does not depend on resources from texas so.

The USA has always had more crude oil than Nigeria since 1900, and they never decided tru out their history to share it to every body and encourage laziness..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Loses $966m To Crude Oil Swap Deal – NEITI / Kanu Is Finished / Falana To Sue Judge Over Inspection Of Detention Facilities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.