Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. (4476 Views)

Nigerian Troops Claim They Killed 100 Boko Haram Militants In Yobe(photos) / Female Suicide Bombers Kill Three Soldiers And Six Civilain JTF In Maiduguri / Gunmen Fire On Muslim Worshippers, In Kano, Kill Three. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by Rhino5dm: 10:09pm On May 01, 2012

Gunmen kill three traders Yobe
Tweet 0 May 1, 2012 | 8:58 pm News

KANO (AFP) – Gunmen have shot dead three people in restive Yobe State in the latest deadly attacks to hit the region, police said on Tuesday. The incident happened late Monday in the Dogon-Zare area of Potiskum, the commercial centre of the state. The assailants stormed the residence of the three men who were believed to be Christian traders from southern Nigeria. Residents said they had lived in Potiskum for many years “Three people living in a house were killed last night by yet-to-be identified gunmen.
The gunmen broke into the house and shot the three men dead,” police area
commander Nura Sabo told AFP. He said no arrests had been made. But the killings appeared to have the hallmark of the Islamist group The sect has been blamed for scores of attacks, particularly in the country’s mainly Muslim north, that have claimed more than 1,000 lives since mid

www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/gunmen-kill-three-traders-yobe/
Re: Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by Rhino5dm: 10:10pm On May 01, 2012
Re: Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by CyberG: 5:37am On May 02, 2012
Nigerians voted for Jonathan not PDP. They love him, they would rather die with no arrests, investigation or reprisals and feed him @ N 3 Million per day than allow a competent and prepared man to lead the country! I am sure the SE, SS and tribal bigots CANNOT complain: as you laid your bed, NOW YOU LIE ON IT! Shikena!

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by SamIkenna: 7:32am On May 02, 2012
CyberG: Nigerians voted for Jonathan not PDP. They love him, they would rather die with no arrests, investigation or reprisals and feed him @ N 3 Million per day than allow a competent and prepared man to lead the country! I am sure the SE, SS and tribal bigots CANNOT complain: as you laid your bed, NOW YOU LIE ON IT! Shikena!

Are you implying we brought this on ourselves? Are you saying we did wrong by doing our civic duties? Didnt SW/MB vote for GEJ? So does it mean Nigeria is letting Boko Haram off the hook and blaming SE and SS? Has Eastern people formed any killer-cult/sect because they lost national election? How many times have Eastern people produced Nigerian president - why must we be bombed and then blamed for clinching the presidency after over 50 yrs of nationhood? Why cant Nigerian people be honest for one second and put the blame where it belongs?

You see, this is why I think it'll be in the best interest of this nation to cease so that people with similar cultures can come together and build a real nation devoid of Boko Haram, hate, or their apologists. Whether GEJ is a saint or sinner, dont you think he deserves the right to serve out his term without bombs going off here and there? Its disheartening that we've come to a point in our "nation" where we implicitly absolve culprits and blame victims, it really is and its dangerous. If you think about what Easterners have gone through from 1966-2012, they probably have more reasons to bomb, maim, and frustrate the leadership of this country and her people than core north or Boko Haram yet they didnt take that path (MEND's actions notwithstanding).

Lets put the blame where it belongs - Boko Haram or any other group has no reason to take another man's life - simple. Also, with regards to election, it is personal - I reserve the right to vote for whoever I choose. I dont have to be demonized or blamed for a Jihadist cult that springs up because I choose A over B. If my choice hurts other people or a jihadist group that bad then we dont need to share the same space.

11 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by CyberG: 7:58am On May 02, 2012
@ Sam: I going to modify the post to have only bigots which is really the main point that GEJ was voted not on any indices of achievement or track record. I personally do not think you fall into this category but you will agree with me that choosing a leader by narrow interests will only lead to disaster like we have now. You will also will agree with me and if not, I will take time to show you several posts where apologists of GEJ defend him only because 1. He is their son 2. It is their turn to eat the national cake 3. Every other part of Naija are parasites, etc. As someone who has been in a lot of political discourse on this forum, you know that before oil was even found, parts of Nigeria where oil flows today relied on other parts of the country - or their fathers relied on it because we were all neither here or too young, E.g. tin from Jos, agricultural products from the middle belt, cocoa in the SW, groundnuts from the North, palm oil from the SE, etc; so is it a basis to call others parasites today? Not that they are better off because some parts of Nigeria can and will be better advanced if ONLY some people will move back to their region - this is the hard truth!

As for Jona, common be honest what progress has been made under this guy who pandered to the SE with Ebelechukwu Azikwe appellation before the elections? Was it not the SS and mostly SE that fought to continue to give trillions of naira away in stolen subsidy while paying with Nigerian lives because of tribal and ethnic considerations? We can at least agree on this today that gas may sell for 200 - 300 in parts of the SS but the SW (Lagos for example) will probably have the cheapest prices! They are richer and while they tried to lead a "fight" on a national issue by protests, paid hirelings and tribalist are the ones who sabotaged other Nigerians the most. This is true and the threads are all here on Nland.

In a nutshell, YES, Nigerians brought this on themselves by partaking in a sham that saw Jonaton betray an agreement which was operative in his party because it did not favor him. The tribal people were quick to support him not for anything but because he is from their region. The only reason why he ever became substantive president was people like SNG, Bakare, Akunyili (who spoke out too), Odumakin, Soyinka, Falana, etc and not because of his smartness, merit or effort. If Nigeria wants to break-up, I don't think it will solve the problem BUT if that will make people happy, then LET IT BE IMMEDIATELY! However, EVERY SINGLE SOUL THAT IS NOT IN THE LAND OF HIS ANCESTORS MUST LEAVE IMMEDIATELY WITH EVERYTHING THEY OWN! You know, he who comes to equity must come with clean hands and someone cannot eat his cake and have it! TO BE CANDID, this will affect the IGBOS AND HAUSAS, THEN YORUBAS, almost in that order! Let everyone LEAVE and no one cares about any story, no marriages, no children, no investments because they will all be taken, sold off or destroyed!

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by Kachi01: 9:57am On May 02, 2012
Another boko haram sympatiser(member) on the loose on NL. I can't imagine people suporting evil because of a selfish interest. ONYE SIRI NA IHE OJOO DI MMA, NWUNYE YA MUORO YA UDENE.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:01am On May 02, 2012
@CyberG: Can you elucidate on this quote from your post. I'm taking it for granted that you're all for 'one Nigeria' and all it entails. Thanks.

"some parts of Nigeria can and will be better advanced if ONLY some people will move back to their region - this is the hard truth!"
Re: Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by nku5: 10:18am On May 02, 2012
CyberG: Nigerians voted for Jonathan not PDP. They love him, they would rather die with no arrests, investigation or reprisals and feed him @ N 3 Million per day than allow a competent and prepared man to lead the country! I am sure the SE, SS and tribal bigots CANNOT complain: as you laid your bed, NOW YOU LIE ON IT! Shikena!

^^ are you declaring now unequivocally that only the south east and south-south voted for goodluck? Also just to clarify it once and for all in my mind, WHO DID THE SOUTH WEST vote for? Since we are looking at it from an ethnic lens

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:46am On May 02, 2012
@CyberG:

You know i've noticed you like making this statement of "everybody moving back to his/her place", and if i didn't know better i'd think you were the resident nairaland clown.

I know it's Lagos you have in mind when you take this position of yours, and all i can say is stop dreaming mate.

*Are you talking of Lagos that has been kept -by all sorts of underhand shenanigans- as the only centre of commerce and industry in Nigeria with all the attendant advantages over cities from other regions/states?

*Are you talking of Lagos that was the former capital of Nigeria, and hence has seen a sizeable chunk of OUR COMMONWEALTH used in developing it over the decades?

*Are you talking of Lagos that has the only major Int'l Airport/Sea Port built by the Federal Gov't in Southern Nigeria (and for a long time was the only major Int'l gateway for the whole country), and by default has had an unfair advantage compared with other cities in attracting investments, tourists, etc?

*Are you talking of Lagos that people from all over Nigeria have been forced to reside in and do business b'cos of the above mentioned points?

*And finally are you talking of Lagos that is the former capital of Nigeria- a Nigeria that your forebears fought Ndigbo in particular and the old Eastern Region in general to be a part of when they wanted out?

If you think for a second that Nigeria dividing would lead to lazy bastards like you coverting and keeping all the investments and sweat of non Yorubas in Lagos, then you've got another think coming.

You justify the boko madness and reason that we brought it on our heads for choosing to side with Jonathan (as against your saint Buhari) in the last elections. We owe no-fuc/king-body any apology for who we choose to vote for- that's the beauty of 'democracy' and 'one Nigeria' so get over it mate. If you try to justify -under any guise- the slaughter of innocents by these bastards, then you're no better than them.

If Nigeria divides, Lagos and it's peculiar nature will be discussed. Now if for instance you got possesive with cities like Ibadan and Abeokuta, i'll understand, but not Lagos.

6 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by AGBORMAN1(m): 10:48am On May 02, 2012

U are nothing but EWU in Agbor Language. Goat in English Language.
Backward people. Boko Haram Brother.
Re: Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by Eduvine(m): 10:50am On May 02, 2012
CyberG: @ Sam: I going to modify the post to have only bigots which is really the main point that GEJ was voted not on any indices of achievement or track record. I personally do not think you fall into this category but you will agree with me that choosing a leader by narrow interests will only lead to disaster like we have now. You will also will agree with me and if not, I will take time to show you several posts where apologists of GEJ defend him only because 1. He is their son 2. It is their turn to eat the national cake 3. Every other part of Naija are parasites, etc. As someone who has been in a lot of political discourse on this forum, you know that before oil was even found, parts of Nigeria where oil flows today relied on other parts of the country - or their fathers relied on it because we were all neither here or too young, E.g. tin from Jos, agricultural products from the middle belt, cocoa in the SW, groundnuts from the North, palm oil from the SE, etc; so is it a basis to call others parasites today? Not that they are better off because some parts of Nigeria can and will be better advanced if ONLY some people will move back to their region - this is the hard truth!

As for Jona, common be honest what progress has been made under this guy who pandered to the SE with Ebelechukwu Azikwe appellation before the elections? Was it not the SS and mostly SE that fought to continue to give trillions of naira away in stolen subsidy while paying with Nigerian lives because of tribal and ethnic considerations? We can at least agree on this today that gas may sell for 200 - 300 in parts of the SS but the SW (Lagos for example) will probably have the cheapest prices! They are richer and while they tried to lead a "fight" on a national issue by protests, paid hirelings and tribalist are the ones who sabotaged other Nigerians the most. This is true and the threads are all here on Nland.

In a nutshell, YES, Nigerians brought this on themselves by partaking in a sham that saw Jonaton betray an agreement which was operative in his party because it did not favor him. The tribal people were quick to support him not for anything but because he is from their region. The only reason why he ever became substantive president was people like SNG, Bakare, Akunyili (who spoke out too), Odumakin, Soyinka, Falana, etc and not because of his smartness, merit or effort. If Nigeria wants to break-up, I don't think it will solve the problem BUT if that will make people happy, then LET IT BE IMMEDIATELY! However, EVERY SINGLE SOUL THAT IS NOT IN THE LAND OF HIS ANCESTORS MUST LEAVE IMMEDIATELY WITH EVERYTHING THEY OWN! You know, he who comes to equity must come with clean hands and someone cannot eat his cake and have it! TO BE CANDID, this will affect the IGBOS AND HAUSAS, THEN YORUBAS, almost in that order! Let everyone LEAVE and no one cares about any story, no marriages, no children, no investments because they will all be taken, sold off or destroyed!
people like you are rear in dis planet maybe u belong to anoda planet. 4rm ur write up, i gues dat u are a northerner may be a xtian too who is just scared on what his lot would be if nig is divided. Wauli those boko haram guys wil roast u alive so start tinking of wat to do nw b4 it is 2 late.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by passionate88: 11:16am On May 02, 2012
Is it by force to be a muslim?.
Re: Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by Nobody: 11:35am On May 02, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Are you implying we brought this on ourselves? Are you saying we did wrong by doing our civic duties? Didnt SW/MB vote for GEJ? So does it mean Nigeria is letting Boko Haram off the hook and blaming SE and SS? Has Eastern people formed any killer-cult/sect because they lost national election? How many times have Eastern people produced Nigerian president - why must we be bombed and then blamed for clinching the presidency after over 50 yrs of nationhood? Why cant Nigerian people be honest for one second and put the blame where it belongs?

You see, this is why I think it'll be in the best interest of this nation to cease so that people with similar cultures can come together and build a real nation devoid of Boko Haram, hate, or their apologists. Whether GEJ is a saint or sinner, dont you think he deserves the right to serve out his term without bombs going off here and there? Its disheartening that we've come to a point in our "nation" where we implicitly absolve culprits and blame victims, it really is and its dangerous. If you think about what Easterners have gone through from 1966-2012, they probably have more reasons to bomb, maim, and frustrate the leadership of this country and her people than core north or Boko Haram yet they didnt take that path (MEND's actions notwithstanding).

Lets put the blame where it belongs - Boko Haram or any other group has no reason to take another man's life - simple. Also, with regards to election, it is personal - I reserve the right to vote for whoever I choose. I dont have to be demonized or blamed for a Jihadist cult that springs up because I choose A over B. If my choice hurts other people or a jihadist group that bad then we dont need to share the same space.

i like!!
Re: Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by Josh316(m): 11:36am On May 02, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Please tell them... dunno when making a choice became a crime. its the same mentality that they use to kill Igbos whenever sometin they dont like happens. For your info, even if a Northern president emerges, it will get worse cos Boko naRAM will not stop and MEND will resume in full force... heads or tail we lose
Re: Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by emmatok(m): 11:45am On May 02, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
@CyberG:

You know i've noticed you like making this statement of "everybody moving back to his/her place", and if i didn't know better i'd think you were the resident nairaland clown.

I know it's Lagos you have in mind when you take this position of yours, and all i can say is stop dreaming mate.

*Are you talking of Lagos that has been kept -by all sorts of underhand shenanigans- as the only centre of commerce and industry in Nigeria with all the attendant advantages over cities from other regions/states?

*Are you talking of Lagos that was the former capital of Nigeria, and hence has seen a sizeable chunk of OUR COMMONWEALTH used in developing it over the decades?

*Are you talking of Lagos that has the only major Int'l Airport/Sea Port built by the Federal Gov't in Southern Nigeria (and for a long time was the only major Int'l gateway for the whole country), and by default has had an unfair advantage compared with other cities in attracting investments, tourists, etc?

*Are you talking of Lagos that people from all over Nigeria have been forced to reside in and do business b'cos of the above mentioned points?

*And finally are you talking of Lagos that is the former capital of Nigeria- a Nigeria that your forebears fought Ndigbo in particular and the old Eastern Region in general to be a part of when they wanted out?

If you think for a second that Nigeria dividing would lead to lazy bastards like you coverting and keeping all the investments and sweat of non Yorubas in Lagos, then you've got another think coming.

You justify the boko madness and reason that we brought it on our heads for choosing to side with Jonathan (as against your saint Buhari) in the last elections. We owe no-fuc/king-body any apology for who we choose to vote for- that's the beauty of 'democracy' and 'one Nigeria' so get over it mate. If you try to justify -under any guise- the slaughter of innocents by these bastards, then you're no better than them.

If Nigeria divides, Lagos and it's peculiar nature will be discussed. Now if for instance you got possesive with cities like Ibadan and Abeokuta, i'll understand, but not Lagos.

Who are you going to discusses Lagos with, the ICC or ICJ.

You people keep dreaming, maybe you want another AWOLOWO TREATMENT(your properties and investments will be swapped for CENTS).

Azazi has spoken PDP(GEJ,OBJ,IBB,ATIKU e.t.c)caused BOKO-HARAM crises.
Re: Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 02, 2012
When is massob going to protest with placards as ususal ?
Re: Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by SamIkenna: 12:35pm On May 02, 2012
Brothers, CyberG hasnt called people names, he only made his points. I dont subscribe to his opinion and I'm sure he thinks same of mine. Its always better to have a convo with people who, even though they disagree with you, are not advocating for bombing and maiming as a political strategy. Boko Haram is here for a long haul - disregard it if you want to. So, either Nigerians rise up and say they're tired and they wont take it any longer, or they can look for their usual scapegoat while improvised explosive devices of all kinds are raining down on all of us from a clear and identifiable enemy.

I feel sorry for Nigerians, its clear most of us are still stuck in a dangerous circular orbit of denial. The way I see it, this Boko Haram nonsense will eventually get out of hand. Today, the greatest threat facing the world is nuclear materials falling in the hands of criminals and terrorists. Ask yourself, do you think BK will hesitate to use it on all Nigerian infidels if they lay their hands on it? I know the argument is - how can they get nuclear bombs? Well, newsflash - they dont have to get nuclear bombs, they only have to get Uranium 235/238 from Niger republic where its currently mined (mind you, Niger and north are like salt and pepper). If they can get some and mix it with any IED thats capable of delivering heavy explosion then theres a non-zero probablity chance of the device spliting a few uranium and spreading the surroundings with radiation. Of course the radiation is not going to be much but it sure complicates the life of surviving victims of the bomb explosion. That is what's called dirty bomb - it may not pack huge punch but whoever gets in its way is likely to spend a chunk of his life fighting radiation related sickness.

We can, as Nigerians, decide if we want to take Boko Haram head-on or if we want to blame SE and SS for national insecurities and subsidy removal. Boko Haram may as well be the last straw, if it is, then I'm hoping God will hasten the end of this un-holly marriage before we all lose the left-over innocence from our 1966-70 debacle. Our lives, our future and the future of our children depend on how we decide to confront the current situation. We can do it by blaming the innocent and the victim while the bringer of death is at our doorstep or we can take a shot at our aggressor and be free for good.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by aljharem(m): 12:39pm On May 02, 2012
Why do you always talk of Lagos with contempt

Why are you so envious ? Did CyberG talk of taking any property or anything pertaining who and what in the economy of lagos ?

Sure insecurity would only lead to the inevitable
PROUD-IGBO:
@CyberG:

Re: Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by pdpiperpippen: 12:44pm On May 02, 2012
Re: Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by SamIkenna: 12:45pm On May 02, 2012
alj harem:

Why do you always talk of Lagos with contempt

Why are you so envious ? Did CyberG talk of taking any property or anything pertaining who and what in the economy of lagos ?

Sure insecurity would only lead to the inevitable

We dont have to go into Lagos or no Lagos because thats whats keeping us from freeing ourselves from this noose thats been on our necks for eons. I'm completely sick of how Boko Haram gets on the loose and kill as many as possible but we, the southerners, end up squaring off against eachother. Its either southerners are fools or their heads are not screwed right.

And for you Al Harem, I'm sure his comments about Lagos is the only thing you'll see, So sad. I'm really starting to have a funny feeling about you on this forum. Even though for the most part you come off as a nice person, It looks like you have a political motive here. I dont know if you enjoy stoking the flame of hate between Yoruba and Igbo, for now I'll say I'm not quite sure what it is.
Re: Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by pdpiperpippen: 12:46pm On May 02, 2012
Wasn't like we had options to choose from, I mean did u xpect us to vote buhari, we didn't vote GEJ we voted for freedom, we rather die free men than live in bondage. Freedom!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by Ejine(m): 12:49pm On May 02, 2012

Brother, next time you want to point fingers at others, be sure to see your 3 fingers aren't pointing back at you.
Please humor me - Did Jonathan not sweep the SW too?
You're no saints either.
Re: Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by Rhino5dm: 12:55pm On May 02, 2012
Ejiné:

Brother, next time you want to point fingers at others, be sure to see your 3 fingers aren't pointing back at you.
Please humor me - Did Jonathan not sweep the SW too?
You're no saints either.

Well said cool
Re: Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by aljharem(m): 12:57pm On May 02, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

We dont have to go into Lagos or no Lagos because thats whats keeping us from freeing ourselves from this constant noose thats been on our necks for eons. Of course I'm sure his comments about Lagos is the only thing you'll see. So sad.

The Lagos thing gets to me because I see Lagosians as one and some elements from your region are trying to spilt us.

If I choose to comment on CyberG's post and Your post, I do not think you two would NOT appreciate it because I would say the truth and the truth is a bitter pill to swallow.

1. Cyber G was Wrong to blame Boko haram on GEJ. The people doing Boko haram know themselves and we need to point this out

2. Cyber G was absolutely right when he spoke on blaming the SECURITY on GEJ. Why you may ask, for a nation like Nigeria things happen very fast and in a chain reaction. Thus when MEND bombed Abuja and the president was mediocre about it, Boko haram got the idea from them.

3. You Sam Ikenna talk of the SW and MB voting for GEJ as well. I thought it was the Non-indigenes from the SE and SS that voted for GEJ in the SW and MB ? I thought the SE and SS did it all on their own.

You see my brother when you look at southern policies, you would be full of laugher because we all know FULL well that there would NEVER be unity in the south as far as the WORLD is concerned.

Immediately after the election, Beaf and his Igbo cohorts were quick to say Yoruba did not vote for GEJ, they controlled the votes in the SW. Most SWerners even to Edo and Western Delta warned you people to stop but it continued. Now you see why they warned you all.

Already the sort of vote seen in the last election would be the last of it. You can be rest assured that SW have learnt their lesson and it was the bitter one.

So my brother, apparently SW and MB did not vote for GEJ. It is the non-indigenes from East that voted GEJ in. Good luck.
Re: Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by SamIkenna: 1:09pm On May 02, 2012
alj harem:

The Lagos thing gets to me because I see Lagosians as one and some elements from your region are trying to spilt us.

If I choose to comment on CyberG's post and Your post, I do not think you two would appreciate it because I would say the truth and the truth is a bitter pill to swallow.

1. Cyber G was Wrong to blame Boko haram on GEJ. The people doing Boko haram know themselves and we need to point this out

2. Cyber G was absolutely right when he spoke on blaming the SECURITY on GEJ. Why you may ask, for a nation like Nigeria things happen very fast and in a chain reaction. Thus when MEND bombed Abuja and the president was mediocre about it, Boko haram got the idea from them.

3. You Sam Ikenna talk of the SW and MB voting for GEJ as well. I thought it was the Non-indigenes from the SE and SS that voted for GEJ in the SW and MB ? I thought the SE and SS did it all on their own.

You see my brother when you look at southern policies, you would be full of laugher because we all know FULL well that there would NEVER be unity in the south as far as the WORLD is concerned.

Immediately after the election, Beaf and his Igbo cohorts were quick to say Yoruba did not vote for GEJ, they controlled the votes in the SW. Most SWerners even to Edo and Western Delta warned you people to stop but it continued. Now you see why they warned you all.

Already the sort of vote seen in the last election would be the last of it. You can be rest assured that SW have learnt their lesson and it was the bitter one.

So my brother, apparently SW and MB did not vote for GEJ. It is the non-indigenes from East that voted GEJ in. Good luck.

Its foolish of me to start debating this with you, not because you dont deserve a debate but it sure will derail this thread and everything I stand for. However, I'm kind of tempted to ask you what lesson did SW learn that is bitter. SE and SS people have been voting for SW for a long time and never said they were bitter nor learned a bitter lesson from it so why would SW feel bitter about the wonderful civic duty they did for their nation? You talk like SW starts and ends in your house. Brother, SW is big and diverse like all peoples so this your assertion that they learned a bitter lesson or that they feel insulted or whatever is purely your own gospel. As far as I know, SW voted based on their interests just like SE, SS, MB, etc. Man, I need to log off, I have stuff to do.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by aljharem(m): 1:11pm On May 02, 2012
The truth is there for us to see. if you choose to flatter someone or choose to take sides, our MAKER would destroy us. Lets start from fuel subsidy.

Fuel subsidy did not start with GEJ and so did the protest start with GEJ. For Nigeria to move forward we need to address some fundamental issues.

1. Who am I loyal to, Nigerians or my zone ?

2. Is there equality in Nigeria among all her people ?

3. Why are they protesting or why are these certain group of people not happy ?

4. Is it the same reason as mine or it is different ?

5. What can my sector of the country do to help them ?

That is how brother with brains think not trying to exclude or trying to chant hate against the other.

I have looked at the Nigeria political system and why people like Afam4eva was not happy at the first place and I supported his views. Not that he is my blood brother or he is from my zone but because I hate injustice and what ever happen to his zone would finally catch up with mine. That is forward thinking.

You would wonder the sanity of some Nigerians at times. Imagine A NIGERIA (Beaf and other bigots) praying that Adenuga does not make it past the shores of Nigeria business wise or his business runs down because someone is taunting him ?

All my life since I heard of Innoson, I have always support the movement because I know one way of the other it secure the future of OUR children someway. I is really painful thinking about it at times.
Re: Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by aljharem(m): 1:17pm On May 02, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Its foolish of me to start debating this with you, not because you dont deserve a debate but it sure will derail this thread and everything I stand for. However, I'm kind of tempted to ask you what lesson did SW learn that is bitter. SE and SS people have been voting for SW for a long time and never said they were bitter nor learned a bitter lesson from it so why would SW feel bitter about the wonderful civic duty they did for their nation? You talk like SW starts and ends in your house. Brother, SW is big and diverse like all peoples so this your assertion that they learned a bitter lesson or that they feel insulted or whatever is purely your own gospel. As far as I know, SW voted based on their interests just like SE, SS, MB, etc. Man, I need to log off, I have stuff to do.

No Sir, SW does not vote base on interest unlike others, Neither does the middle belt.

WHY GEJ WON THOSE REGIONS IS BECAUSE OF THIS SIMPLE REASONS

1. Sympathy that GEJ is from the SS region that has never produce the president unlike SW or MB

2. They wanted to SHOW SS AND SE THAT THEY ARE ONE, PART AND PARCEL OF THIS NATION. I am on the streets and I know what people talk about. Middle belt does not start and end with Benue. We have Kogi, plateau etc and that was the reason

3. Infact, BOTH REGIONS WERE GOING TO VOTE SE for 2015. Fact !!! Even a blind man could read that coming.

Don't come here and start telling us interest this interest that. I wonder what interest SS and SE have for SW ? Buhari gave SW the VP position, so what interest would you possibly have . rubbish

Better start tell yourself the truth so it would set you free
Re: Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by SamIkenna: 1:21pm On May 02, 2012
alj harem: The truth is there for us to see. if you choose to flatter someone or choose to take sides, our MAKER would destroy us. Lets start from fuel subsidy.

Fuel subsidy did not start with GEJ and so did the protest start with GEJ. For Nigeria to move forward we need to address some fundamental issues.

1. Who am I loyal to, Nigerians or my zone ?

2. Is there equality in Nigeria among all her people ?

3. Why are they protesting or why are these certain group of people not happy ?

4. Is it the same reason as mine or it is different ?

5. What can my sector of the country do to help them ?

That is how brother with brains think not trying to exclude or trying to chant hate against the other.

I have looked at the Nigeria political system and why people like Afam4eva was not happy at the first place and I supported his views. Not that he is my blood brother or he is from my zone but because I hate injustice and what ever happen to his zone would finally catch up with mine. That is forward thinking.

You would wonder the sanity of some Nigerians at times. Imagine A NIGERIA (Beaf and other bigots) praying that Adenuga does not make it past the shores of Nigeria business wise or his business runs down because someone is taunting him ?

All my life since I heard of Innoson, I have always support the movement because I know one way of the other it secure the future of OUR children someway. I is really painful thinking about it at times.

Well, thats great and I commend you for that. Also, I'll say that you dont need anyone to do the right thing 'cause doing right is what you should naturally do. Even as people commend you for good stuff you do, always remember that doing good is the only option you have whether people see it or not, like it or not, appreciate you or not.

I also want you to extend your goodness to the political arena. You dont have to pour fuel into a burning fire between two brothers. East and West are brothers and neighbours and thats how it is. We may not like it but God did it anyway so maybe should get used to it and stop this e-stupidity.
Re: Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by aljharem(m): 1:22pm On May 02, 2012
Imagine someone talking about interest !

What interest could that possibly be ?

Maybe making Adenuga, Otedola dantata etc as part of his economic team while we the masses suffer more is the interest.
Re: Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by aljharem(m): 1:24pm On May 02, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Well, thats great and I commend you for that. Also, I'll say that you dont need anyone to do the right thing 'cause doing right is what you should naturally do. Even as people commend you for good stuff you do, always remember that doing good is the only option you have whether people see it or not, like it or not, appreciate you or not.

I also want you to extend your goodness to the political arena. You dont have to pour fuel into a burning fire between two brothers. East and West are brothers and neighbours and thats how it is. We may not like it but God did it anyway so maybe should get used to it and stop this e-stupidity.

I know east and west are brothers and I am not trying to separate the two.
Re: Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by SamIkenna: 1:24pm On May 02, 2012
alj harem:

No Sir, SW does not vote base on interest unlike others, Neither does the middle belt.

WHY GEJ WON THOSE REGIONS IS BECAUSE OF THIS SIMPLE REASONS

1. Sympathy that GEJ is from the SS region that has never produce the president unlike SW or MB

2. They wanted to SHOW SS AND SE THAT THEY ARE ONE, PART AND PARCEL OF THIS NATION. I am on the streets and I know what people talk about. Middle belt does not start and end with Benue. We have Kogi, plateau etc and that was the reason

3. Infact, BOTH REGIONS WERE GOING TO VOTE SE for 2015. Fact !!! Even a blind man could read that coming.

Don't come here and start telling us interest this interest that. I wonder what interest SS and SE have for SW ? Buhari gave SW the VP position, so what interest would you possibly have . rubbish

Better start tell yourself the truth so it would set you free

Well define what interest is then, lol! Or do you think interest only means when theres immediate material stuff in the offing for you? Haba, Alhaji!
Re: Gunmen Kill Three Traders In Yobe. by baslone: 1:28pm On May 02, 2012
Intelligence is over-rated!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Geometric To Extend Power Project To Onitsha, Nnewi / “obasanjo’s Letter Has Finished President Jonathan”- Femi Fani Kayode (read) / Throw Back: "It Must Be A Northerner First Or We Employ White Man" - Ahmadu Bell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.