Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,283 members, 7,826,105 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! - Jokes Etc (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! (84779 Views)

Riddles! Riddles!! Riddles!!! / Riddles! Riddles! Really Tough Nd Funny Riddles! / Riddles: Riddles: Riddles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by alaricsaltzman: 7:54pm On Mar 01, 2013
Answer everyfin!!! They r simple as ABC...infact ABC is simpler cheesy
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Nobody: 7:20am On Mar 08, 2013
Finally made some to figure this out.. here goes.. cheesy

alaric saltzman:
1. She awakes, I touch her and she spreads her legs apart. We are both nervous but I continue. Finally the white liquid comes. What happened?
Cow

alaric saltzman:
The first 2 letters of this English word refer to a male, the first three refer to a female, the first 4 to a great man and the whole word is a great woman. What is the word?
Heroine..

alaric saltzman:
Think of words ending in -GRY. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is.
I'll follow tinkbabe on this. The first two sentences are dummies. I think the answer's Language.

alaric saltzman:
I never was, am always to be. No one ever saw me, nor ever will. And yet I am the confidence of all, To live and breathe on this terrestrial ball. What am I?
Life?

alaric saltzman:
I am a seven letter word, you read me daily. Letters 567 increase every year. The 3rd and 4th letters are the same and my 325 letters cover about 70% of the world. What am I?
from weigraf : Message
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by alaricsaltzman: 12:51pm On Mar 08, 2013
musKeeto: Finally made some to figure this out.. here goes.. cheesy

Cow

Heroine..

I'll follow tinkbabe on this. The first two sentences are dummies. I think the answer's Language.

Life?

U missed num 4
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by wiegraf: 2:41pm On Mar 08, 2013

Cow

Heroine..

Life?

4 is too vague, and apparently there are no other -gry words other than dead archaic ones. I hate riddles, much prefer puzzles.
/semi-but.thurt
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by alaricsaltzman: 6:11pm On Mar 08, 2013
@wiegraf, num 3(u mean) is logical and the answer is language...the GRY is just a way of manipulatin u...
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by wiegraf: 7:16pm On Mar 08, 2013
alaric saltzman: @wiegraf, num 3(u mean) is logical and the answer is language...the GRY is just a way of manipulatin u...

I know that. It is rather good actually, but -

The phrase "the english language" should have been in quotes. That of course gives away the puzzle easily.

We don't all use language daily, you'd have to be conscious first. You in a coma, brain damage, toddler, etc? Then you need not necessarily use language daily. I have a similar problem with your number 4 (it is too vague as is, thoughts, life etc are possibly valid answer for instance)

So, a pedant like me could point out you have to make certain assumptions that are barely justifiable to solve this. The first being that 'the english language' is a separate phrase despite the lack of quotes, and you mean conscious humans, not all humans. But I'm just a pedant.
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 09, 2013
Lmao, real butthurt smiley
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by wiegraf: 2:22pm On Mar 10, 2013
musKeeto: Lmao, real butthurt smiley

Who? Me?? Nevah!?! smiley
No deliberate tactics here!!! smiley

What's the answer to numbah 4 sef?
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 10, 2013
Probably Time.

Hmmm., still thinking..
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by alaricsaltzman: 9:45am On Mar 13, 2013
wiegraf:

I know that. It is rather good actually, but -

The phrase "the english language" should have been in quotes. That of course gives away the puzzle easily.

We don't all use language daily, you'd have to be conscious first. You in a coma, brain damage, toddler, etc? Then you need not necessarily use language daily. I have a similar problem with your number 4 (it is too vague as is, thoughts, life etc are possibly valid answer for instance)

So, a pedant like me could point out you have to make certain assumptions that are barely justifiable to solve this. The first being that 'the english language' is a separate phrase despite the lack of quotes, and you mean conscious humans, not all humans. But I'm just a pedant.

U don't really av 2 look @ riddles frm that perspective
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Johnsontobi: 12:36pm On Mar 13, 2013
walexydon: I did d calculation of everyfin nah...
Its old and some pple are still sayin wife...ow can it be wife Read it again plz!!!

here is another 1...there are 8 fishes, 4 drowns, ow many are left?
Fish day drown? Na 8 still remain nau
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 13, 2013
While we wait for the answer to the fourth question...

What is a word made up of 4 letters yet is also made up of 3. Although is written with 8 letters, and then with 4?
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by InesQor(m): 2:38pm On Mar 13, 2013
musKeeto: While we wait for the answer to the fourth question...

What is a word made up of 4 letters yet is also made up of 3. Although is written with 8 letters, and then with 4?

You're only counting the letters in those words. tongue

What <--- 4 letters
Yet <--- 3 letters
Although <--- 8 letters
Then <--- 4 letters

Hehehe to be honest I've heard it before. Once in my life, I used to collect riddles.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Emerald94(f): 4:44pm On Mar 14, 2013
alaric saltzman: New riddles:
1. She awakes, I touch her and she spreads her legs apart. We are both nervous but I continue. Finally the white liquid comes. What happened
2. The first 2 letters of this English word refer to a male, the first three refer to a female, the first 4 to a great man and the whole word is a great woman. What is the word?

3. Think of words ending in -GRY. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is.

4. I never was, am always to be. No one ever saw me, nor ever will. And yet I am the confidence of all, To live and breathe on this terrestrial ball. What am I?

5. I am a seven letter word, you read me daily. Letters 567 increase every year. The 3rd and 4th letters are the same and my 325 letters cover about 70% of the world. What am I?
1*Cow 2*Heroine 3*GRY 4** 5*Message
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by PRECIOUSSOKARI(f): 12:31am On Mar 15, 2013
kody-licky:

thank you *takes a bow*
why don't you guys give the answers as well eh?
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by PRECIOUSSOKARI(f): 12:35am On Mar 15, 2013

Cow

Heroine..

Life?

how in the world is it language
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by InesQor(m): 1:03am On Mar 15, 2013
PRECIOUS SOKARI: how in the world is it language

"...There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word?"

the
English
Language <---- 3rd word
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Nobody: 6:09am On Mar 15, 2013
InesQor:

You're only counting the letters in those words. tongue

What <--- 4 letters
Yet <--- 3 letters
Although <--- 8 letters
Then <--- 4 letters

Hehehe to be honest I've heard it before. Once in my life, I used to collect riddles.
Shit.. tongue

Post some of those riddles for us. It's the weekend.. have a lovely one..
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Nobody: 6:33am On Mar 15, 2013
Question 4: angry
alaric saltzman:
I never was, am always to be. No one ever saw me, nor ever will. And yet I am the confidence of all, To live and breathe on this terrestrial ball. What am I?
Life.
This is quite vague to be honest..

While we await the answer..

- What happened in 1961 that will not happen again for over 4000 years?
- What 5 letter word can be rearranged 3 different times to get 3 different words each containing 1 more syllable than the last? The word has no duplicates of letters.
- Jenn picked a book off the highest shelf in her room. On the spine she read "How to Jog". She ran out of the room and opened the book but found it had absolutely nothing to do with jogging. What was the book about?
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by InesQor(m): 11:47am On Mar 15, 2013
musKeeto:
Shit.. tongue

Post some of those riddles for us. It's the weekend.. have a lovely one..

Hahahah okay I'll post some. Thanks! Have a lovely one yourself
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by InesQor(m): 11:56am On Mar 15, 2013
musKeeto: Question 4: angry

Life.

- What 5 letter word can be rearranged 3 different times to get 3 different words each containing 1 more syllable than the last? The word has no duplicates of letters.
- Jenn picked a book off the highest shelf in her room. On the spine she read "How to Jog". She ran out of the room and opened the book but found it had absolutely nothing to do with jogging. What was the book about?

I know the answers so I'll just drop hints instead grin

- The next year is 6009, a very good year cheesy
- The letters in the word will give you many ideas
- Jen's book is a slice, one side is coated with HOW and the other side is coated with JOG cheesy
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by InesQor(m): 1:11pm On Mar 15, 2013
You are lost in a forest but fortunately you have a cigarette lighter on you so you decide to make a fire and get some sleep. While collecting branches to make the fire, you suddenly find a long water pipe running East to West. How will you find your way to the nearest village?
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by InesQor(m): 1:27pm On Mar 15, 2013
And here's a classic one, falsely attributed to Albert Einstein as having said only 2% of people in the world can solve it (lies).

Beware though, it may take you a lot of time to solve.

1. In a street there are 5 houses, painted five different colours.
2. In each house lives a person of a different nationality.
3. These five home owners each drink a different kind of beverage, smoke a different brand of cigar and keep a different pet.

The question is, Who owns the fish? Specify his nationality, house colour, brand of cigar and preferred beverage.

Hints,
The Briton live in the red house.
The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
The Dane drinks tea.
The green house is on the left side of the white house.
The owner of the green house drinks coffee.
The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
The man in the centre house drinks milk.
The Norwegian live in the first house.
The man who smokes blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
The man who smokes Bleu Master drinks beer.
The German smokes Prince.
The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
The man who smokes Blend has a neighbour who drinks water.
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Ishilove: 1:39pm On Mar 15, 2013
InesQor: You are lost in a forest but fortunately you have a cigarette lighter on you so you decide to make a fire and get some sleep. While collecting branches to make the fire, you suddenly find a long water pipe running East to West. How will you find your way to the nearest village?
Me i dont know o!
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by InesQor(m): 1:41pm On Mar 15, 2013
Ishilove:
Me i dont know o!
grin Hehehe
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 15, 2013
I solved the 2Nd earlier on this thread
:https://www.nairaland.com/928907/riddles-riddles-riddles/8#12022706

I swear my brain almost burst.

Hmm, the 1st.. Na wa o...

@Ishi: :* smiley
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by dlex21(m): 5:49pm On Mar 15, 2013
musKeeto: Question 4: angry

Life.

the answer to my number 4 question is "tomorrow"....dont ask me how, just fink abt it!!!!
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 15, 2013
InesQor: You are lost in a forest but fortunately you have a cigarette lighter on you so you decide to make a fire and get some sleep. While collecting branches to make the fire, you suddenly find a long water pipe running East to West. How will you find your way to the nearest village?

Move in the direction the water's flowing...
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 15, 2013
dlex21:

the answer to my number 4 question is "tomorrow"....dont ask me how, just fink abt it!!!!
sad answer.., damn
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by yertyr(m): 7:01pm On Mar 15, 2013
Good day friends... Really love this thread... Let me throw this : wen I was 2 my sister was twice my age... Now am 30... How old is my sister?
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by yertyr(m): 7:05pm On Mar 15, 2013

break the water pipe... People wud come looking 4 leaks wen they're thirsty.
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by yertyr(m): 7:33pm On Mar 15, 2013
InesQor: And here's a classic one, falsely attributed to Albert Einstein as having said only 2% of people in the world can solve it (lies).

Beware though, it may take you a lot of time to solve.

1. In a street there are 5 houses, painted five different colours.
2. In each house lives a person of a different nationality.
3. These five home owners each drink a different kind of beverage, smoke a different brand of cigar and keep a different pet.

The question is, Who owns the fish? Specify his nationality, house colour, brand of cigar and preferred beverage.

Hints,
The Briton live in the red house.
The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
The Dane drinks tea.
The green house is on the left side of the white house.
The owner of the green house drinks coffee.
The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
The man in the centre house drinks milk.
The Norwegian live in the first house.
The man who smokes blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
The man who smokes Bleu Master drinks beer.
The German smokes Prince.
The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
The man who smokes Blend has a neighbour who drinks water.

norwegian

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

When You Combine Ministry Of Works, Housing And Transport... Hilarious! / Funny! School Cartoon Comics. / Hilarious Pic: When You Gave Birth To A Stubborn Kid And Refuses To Stay Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.