Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,630 members, 7,958,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:28 AM

Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! - Jokes Etc (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! (85661 Views)

Riddles! Riddles!! Riddles!!! / Riddles! Riddles! Really Tough Nd Funny Riddles! / Riddles: Riddles: Riddles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by alaricsaltzman: 5:48pm On Oct 04, 2012
wiegraf: Like the others, after figuring you out not so tough anymore, are you? There's a more complex version though. Likely been posted here already as well

You have 9 coins, one is lighter than the others. You can confirm this only by balancing them against themselves on a balancing weight scale. You can figure out the lighter one with 2 tries, how?
First weigh three coins against three others. If the weights are equal, weigh the remaining two against the last 1. The heavier one is the counterfeit. If one of the groups of three is heavier, weigh two of those coins against each other. If one is heavier, it's the counterfeit. If they're equal weight, the third coin is the counterfeit.
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by wiegraf: 6:30pm On Oct 04, 2012
alaric saltzman:

First weigh three coins against three others. If the weights are equal, weigh the remaining two against the last 1. The heavier one is the counterfeit. If one of the groups of three is heavier, weigh two of those coins against each other. If one is heavier, it's the counterfeit. If they're equal weight, the third coin is the counterfeit.

That is correct! Maybe! I don't understand your first step, there might be an error there. The last step is correct, so I'm guessing I'm just not comprehending properly. There are more complex versions of this, but I have to run for now...
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by alaricsaltzman: 6:30pm On Oct 04, 2012
Perform this calculation in your head, mentally adding the numbers as quickly as you can. Start with 1000 and add 40. Now add 1000. Add 30 to that, then add another 1000. Now add 20 to that result. Add another 1000 and finally, add 10 to that. What is the total?...post ur answer here!!!

There are six glasses in a row. The first three are full of water, and the next three are empty. By moving only one glass how can you make them alternate between full and empty?

A taxi driver runs through four red lights, two stop signs and goes through a house. A police officer witnesses this but doesn't do anything. Why not?
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 04, 2012
alaric saltzman: Perform this calculation in your head, mentally adding the numbers as quickly as you can. Start with 1000 and add 40. Now add 1000. Add 30 to that, then add another 1000. Now add 20 to that result. Add another 1000 and finally, add 10 to that. What is the total?...post ur answer here!!!

There are six glasses in a row. The first three are full of water, and the next three are empty. By moving only one glass how can you make them alternate between full and empty?

A taxi driver runs through four red lights, two stop signs and goes through a house. A police officer witnesses this but doesn't do anything. Why not?
Taxi driver wasnt driving but running or walking.
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by wiegraf: 7:33pm On Oct 04, 2012
musKeeto:
Taxi driver wasnt driving but running or walking.

The only thing I've learned from these riddles is my math isn't as bad as I think it, and my imagination is lacking in many respects. I didn't think of this...
Then again, I'm usually wasted when on NL...
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 04, 2012
wiegraf:

The only thing I've learned from these riddles is my math isn't as bad as I think it, and my imagination is lacking in many respects. I didn't think of this...
Then again, I'm usually wasted when on NL...
Lol.. the glass question is giving me a serious headache.. and its midnight here already ..
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 04, 2012
Got the glass question, i think

fff,eee

pick middle f, pour contents in middle e, return it to original position...

fef,efe

yeah.. good night guys..
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by wiegraf: 7:53pm On Oct 04, 2012
musKeeto:
Lol.. the glass question is giving me a serious headache.. and its midnight here already ..

I think he means switch, in which case just switch the 2nd and 4th, that's the only thing I can think of. Some sort of redistribution of the contents maybe? Nah
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by wiegraf: 7:54pm On Oct 04, 2012
musKeeto: Got the glass question, i think

fff,eee

pick middle f, pour contents in middle e, return it to original position...

fef,efe

yeah.. good night guys..

Heh heh... Night
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by dlex21(m): 6:49pm On Oct 08, 2012
Tinkybabe: I've been quite busy.how are you? smiley
i see...fine and u?
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by dlex21(m): 7:05pm On Oct 08, 2012
seems all the riddles av been solved...anyone left 4 me
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by naturalwaves: 9:38am On Oct 11, 2012
Hi friends, it's been a while. I've been a lil bit busy. Hope to be back soon. Enjoy the fun!
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by dlex21(m): 10:29am On Oct 11, 2012
naturalwaves: Hi friends, it's been a while. I've been a lil bit busy. Hope to be back soon. Enjoy the fun!
bros...wia u enta since...this place has been quite diff without u!!
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by naturalwaves: 1:00pm On Oct 11, 2012
dlex21:
bros...wia u enta since...this place has been quite diff without u!!
Eeyah....I know I've really missed. Na job tins carry me comot. Trying to get a placement for job. U guys should keep the thread alive o. I see U doing a good job. Keep it up!
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by dlex21(m): 10:59am On Oct 13, 2012
naturalwaves:
Eeyah....I know I've really missed. Na job tins carry me comot. Trying to get a placement for job. U guys should keep the thread alive o. I see U doing a good job. Keep it up!
awite...all the best!!!
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by naturalwaves: 1:27pm On Oct 13, 2012
dlex21:
awite...all the best!!!
Thanks bro!
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by walexydon(m): 2:51pm On Oct 17, 2012
a filled lorry crossing a bridge with less than 10m to destination meets a cross bar,
for some reasons he cant reverse, how does the lorry make it pass the crossbar without a scratch on both lorry and crossbar

NB; the lorry is just 2inches longer than the crossbar.
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by swizz01(m): 7:45pm On Oct 17, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

answer: NOTHING

here is one from me (i posted it in the riddle thread but i got no replies):

10 thieves were caught red handed and arrested. they were placed in front of a firing squad, and shot at point blank range (with real bullet), yet no single men was killed. how is this possible?!

Ill counter the answer dat dey whr all married men.....wat if the thieves were women...bcz the question said not a single men wz killed....so its likely to b MARRIED MEN or dey cld b all WOMEN...!!!...tink abt IT?
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by dlex21(m): 10:22am On Oct 18, 2012
swizz01:

Ill counter the answer dat dey whr all married men.....wat if the thieves were women...bcz the question said not a single men wz killed....so its likely to b MARRIED MEN or dey cld b all WOMEN...!!!...tink abt IT?
what exactly is ur point undecided undecided
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by naturalwaves: 8:29am On Oct 19, 2012
walexydon: a filled lorry crossing a bridge with less than 10m to destination meets a cross bar,
for some reasons he cant reverse, how does the lorry make it pass the crossbar without a scratch on both lorry and crossbar

NB; the lorry is just 2inches longer than the crossbar.
The lorry will pass under the crossbar?
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Nobody: 8:31am On Oct 19, 2012
Deflate the tyres a bit..
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 05, 2012
A man wanted to enter an exclusive club but did not know the password that was required. He waited by the door and listened. A club member knocked on the door and the doorman said, "twelve." The member replied, "six " and was let in. A second member came to the door and the doorman said, "six." The member replied, "three" and was let in. The man thought he had heard enough and walked up to the door. The doorman said ,"ten" and the man replied, "five." But he was not let in.
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by wiegraf: 6:23pm On Nov 05, 2012
musKeeto: A man wanted to enter an exclusive club but did not know the password that was required. He waited by the door and listened. A club member knocked on the door and the doorman said, "twelve." The member replied, "six " and was let in. A second member came to the door and the doorman said, "six." The member replied, "three" and was let in. The man thought he had heard enough and walked up to the door. The doorman said ,"ten" and the man replied, "five." But he was not let in.

8?
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 05, 2012
wiegraf:

8?
na..
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by wiegraf: 6:50pm On Nov 05, 2012
musKeeto:
na..

1+2+6=9
3+6=9
1+0+8=9
No? Dammit

Sticking with math
1+2*6=18
6*3=18
1+0*18=18
So, 18
No?
Probably no. Dammit
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 05, 2012
wiegraf:

1+2+6=9
3+6=9
1+0+8=9
No? Dammit

Sticking with math
1+2*6=18
6*3=18
1+0*18=18
So, 18
No?
Probably no. Dammit
hmm... na..
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by wiegraf: 1:35am On Nov 11, 2012
musKeeto:
hmm... na..

I haven't given it much thought since then, but now that I'm back

GIMME SOMETHING TO WORK WITH!!

Is it mathematical?
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Nobody: 5:43am On Nov 11, 2012
Hmm.. sort of... but so easy it could piss you off...
Look beyond the decoy...
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by wiegraf: 5:58am On Nov 11, 2012
no, it's not 0...
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by wiegraf: 11:06pm On Nov 12, 2012
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by Nobody: 3:37am On Nov 13, 2012
wiegraf: 3
Correct.
smiley
Re: Riddles Riddles Riddles!!! by wiegraf: 6:14am On Nov 13, 2012
musKeeto:
Correct.
smiley

So it's amount of knocks?
If it is, I was around there but... Dammit

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (24) (Reply)

Ladies And Gents, Its Crazy Picture Time. LAUGH RESPONSIBLY. / Its Funny!! Laugh And Crack Your Ribs, Exciting Jokes, Best Comedy Gists / My Girlfriend Left Me Because I Inherited This From My Grandfather!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.