Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,857 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack (5643 Views)

Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown / Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live / Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by bittyend(m): 9:55am On May 03, 2012
Subsidy probe lacks credibility – Jonathan’s aide

ABUJA — The Presidency said yesterday that the Probe of the Subsidy regime by the House of Representatives which exposed massive fraud in the oil sector lacked credibility as “it looks like the probe is targeted at some individuals”.

The Political Adviser to the president, Alhaji Ali Gullack, said though the president is committed to clearing the Augean stable in the petroleum sector, he was yet to receive any report from members of the House of Representatives on the petroleum subsidy probe.

His comment is, however, in sharp contrast with those of the Presidential Adviser on National Assembly Matters, Joy Emordi who had stated that the president was on the same page with the National Assembly on the subsidy probe.

The Presidential Aide who spoke with State House Correspondents in Abuja, yesterday, added that the manner of invitations of persons that appeared before the committee further lend credence to the belief that the probe was meant to advance the political ambition of some individuals.

“Why did they not invite Rilwanu Lukman? He was the Minister of Petroleum Resources during the period of the probe? Where is Mohammed Barkindo who was the Group Managing Director (GMD), Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) at the time?

Where are the other key actors who were at the vanguard of the subsidy regime? The House of Representatives must probe these individuals before we can truly say they are doing the right thing, otherwise the report will lack credibility. What is worth doing at all is worth doing well”, he said.

The presidential Adviser warned that “people should not allow themselves to be used to promote the political agenda of some selfish individuals”.

Defending the President, Alhaji Gullack said: “President Jonathan is one person that wants things done and done correctly. He is the only president in the history of this country that has embarked on the cleansing of the oil and gas sector. He is the only president that has embarked on fighting corruption in the sector and for anybody to say that Mr. President is sitting on any report is unfair and a calculated attempt to tarnish the good name of the president”.

He said: “The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has been given the mandate to go into the matter and you will also recall that not too long ago, Mr. President approved appointment of Mr. Nuhu Ribadu, former EFCC chairman to help sanitise the oil and gas sector. The president is determined to do more if he is given the necessary support by Nigerians,”

He acknowledged that “money has been stolen in NNPC and we have to get to the root but in doing that, we must go back to when it all started? At what point did things go bad? Mr. President is even the one that is saying no more stealing with the subsidy regime and that it must stop, how can he then turn around and sit on something that will help him sanitise the sector”, he queried.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/subsidy-probe-lacks-credibility-jonathans-aide/
Re: Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by bittyend(m): 9:55am On May 03, 2012
Your president has got jokes. grin grin grin grin

BADluck LOOTER JonaFAIL, we hail thee... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by honeric01(m): 10:18am On May 03, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, satan wan fight satan grin grin grin grin
Re: Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by jamace(m): 10:22am On May 03, 2012
Hu? I don't think I read this right. Let me read it again.
Re: Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by blacksta(m): 10:22am On May 03, 2012
Corruption wins again

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by Ufeolorun(m): 10:44am On May 03, 2012
Lobatan!Awa honourable president.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by Gbawe: 10:51am On May 03, 2012
blacksta: Corruption wins again

How else, for those who truly understands what Jonathan is, did folks think this was going to end? Which nation has achieved greatness via electing crooks to provide solutions to the problems generated by the same crooks? Did Oronto Douglas , when he thought he was speaking confidentially, not confess that GEJ is a part of the culture of corruption ruining the Niger Delta ? Welcome to Nigeria where simple choices are made complicated when diluted with religious, ethnic and sectional bias.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by honeric01(m): 11:03am On May 03, 2012
jamace: Hu? I don't think I read this right. Let me read it again.

u don read am finish or make i come help u read am loud? grin
Re: Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by kokoA(m): 11:06am On May 03, 2012
Do the Nigerian government know the meaning of the word "Credibility"? Bunch of blood sucking thieving b@$$tards!
Re: Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by 999666: 11:42am On May 03, 2012
jamace: Hu? I don't think I read this right. Let me read it again.
Same here. This is the fourth time i'm reading this...still can't understand!!! Naija politicians too much
Re: Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by Johndoe100(m): 3:14pm On May 03, 2012
The aide to GEJ has a point. Why did they not call the people in charge at the time? It would have shed more light on the transactions. Non-the-less they will still be called to account at the criminal stage if we feel that prosecutions are called for.
Re: Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 03, 2012

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by Akanbiedu(m): 3:37pm On May 03, 2012
greateros: I love this jona guy!

He never disappoints us that knows him very well!

If jona is a gamble, i would av been a multi-billionaire from my betting on him!

His greatest shocker to Nigerians will be in 2015 when economy would av almost collapse and the treasury is virtually empty, he will openly declare his intention to contest for another term in office after all the promises of staying a single term. Then, Nigerians will be so weak to protest cry

LOL
Re: Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by aljharem(m): 3:45pm On May 03, 2012
Johndoe100: The aide to GEJ has a point. Why did they not call the people in charge at the time? It would have shed more light on the transactions. Non-the-less they will still be called to account at the criminal stage if we feel that prosecutions are called for.

You want to prosecute the cabals, knowing full well that

Cabal = Economic team = Government = Your Leaders

Sometimes some of you people are daf.t (just the truth)

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by AlusiOkija: 3:46pm On May 03, 2012
Occupy Nigeria na ehn cause am!!

We for just count our loss commot the thing pata pata. . .
Re: Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by Soundmind(m): 3:51pm On May 03, 2012
He rather tell us that his head lacks sanity.
I hope he is joking
Re: Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 03, 2012
Re: Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by chinakobo(m): 3:57pm On May 03, 2012
Mr presidential aide, please prosecute the ones that have been found guilty and then invite Lukman and co for further probe.
I hate how we have all turned political analyst in this country. No one discuss business and development anymore. its all about regional
or religiously biased politics. God help us all

4 Likes

Re: Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by scopusng(m): 4:10pm On May 03, 2012
Bastardeeeeee
Re: Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by Yeske2(m): 4:21pm On May 03, 2012
In other words, the retardeen wants to jettison the report.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by BabaEleko(m): 4:21pm On May 03, 2012
Next: committe dissolved. Case swept under carpet as usual.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by mkpologwu(m): 4:23pm On May 03, 2012
Southern fieves can't be prosecuted wifout veir noren counterpants! Pls allow south steal wetin north have been stealing for long.
Re: Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by muyik78(m): 4:24pm On May 03, 2012
It`s a shame, we dont even know what they take us for, i really expect this to happen,. when pple were soughting, i know it will not last b4 they will watered it down with one yeye politicak statement that will make us lose focus. My issue is why most this continue in a country like nigeria, with our level of understanding and interllectual capacity, we become subject of ridicule in the international stage.We are more than this guys that have cornered d future of this country, i just think we should be strategically displace them and let this country takes its rightful position.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by donpeluchi(m): 4:26pm On May 03, 2012
In the words of the judge that sentenced ibori, this is Sensational!

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by desthan(m): 4:33pm On May 03, 2012
''sipping oyoyo bitters''
Re: Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 03, 2012
desthan: ''sipping oyoyo bitters''

"sipping alomo bitters"

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by nuclearboy(m): 4:43pm On May 03, 2012
All so simple really! The House of Reps has the power to force him if they want! So if they were not just playing to the gallery, this is the time to exercise their powers.

Its like the executive sees the other two arms of government as a joke! If they accept that "position" (of being a joke), then this democracy has definitely failed.

I have till now believed the ties of PDP brotherhood have restrained the Reps even when disgusted but with majority coming from the north which is hardest hit by current circumstances, those ties are breaking faster than the Executive arm realises.

When SNG moves and the populace rises, legislators will be compelled to choose a side!

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by emmyluv74: 4:52pm On May 03, 2012
I cannnot but laugh. Nigeria is a country of wonders. This special aids on thiefry is a real clown. So what he is saying is that no thief should be punished until when all tne thieves in the country are caught and then punished at the same time. In other words what he is saying is that the issue has been swept under the concrete. Fresh air naija.

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by kangasomti: 4:53pm On May 03, 2012
i never suscribed to the erstwhile subsidy strike because we clearly missed our chance to call for a change to the constitution thereby calling for well-spelt out regional govt in this so-called country. It was a great oppotunity to set things right. The subsidy strike was very myopic and remains so. If we could mobilize for such an issue then why can't we call for SNC thereby moving for regional govt. I have no doubt that the multi-cultural difference is what has consistently contributed to the demise of this country.

4 Likes

Re: Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:05pm On May 03, 2012
greateros:

Na lie! no be occupy naija cause am!

but i agree with u we for just count our losses and commot the thing complete then we for see where the next excuse for failure will come from! undecided

I already know, PHCN Bill.
Re: Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by Delafruita(m): 5:07pm On May 03, 2012
anybody that was in doubt as to ebele's plans to shield his "friends" from prosecution now knows for certainty that he will find any loophole to protect them.if he doesnt,who will donate to his 2015 campaign?
if ebele puts the amount of energy he gets from 1billion naira worth of refreshment to use,he wont need such useless aide

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Probe Lacks Credibility – Alhaji Ali Gullack by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:08pm On May 03, 2012
china_kobo: Mr presidential aide, please prosecute the ones that have been found guilty and then invite Lukman and co for further probe.
I hate how we have all turned political analyst in this country. No one discuss business and development anymore. its all about regional
or religiously biased politics. God help us all

We Nigerians are now taken as fools. It is like saying, "if some armed robbers are caught red handed, the arrest is not credible till we find the person that masterminded it". I laugh in Itsekiri. grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: BBC Admits Charlie Hebdo's Attack Was Faked / The Role Of Religion In Politics – Nigeria’s Scenario / Return Stolen Funds, Buhari Begs Looters As Ex-ppmc MD Returns $400 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.