Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown (20786 Views)

Fayose To Buhari: Remove New INEC Boss, Amina Zakari Now / Remove Fuel Subsidy – Saraki Tells Buhari / Ifeanyi Ubah To End Fuel Scarcity – A Rare Act Of Patriotism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown by businessline: 7:59am On Jun 01, 2015
As President Muhammadu Buhari settles to the responsibility of leading the country today, the managing director of Capital Oil, Mr Ifeanyi Ubah, has called on him to remove fuel subsidy as well as probe the marketers behind the nation’s recent shutdown.

Ubah was speaking with select journalists in Abuja where he appealed to Nigerians to support the deregulation in other to get petroleum products at the lowest price.

He said, “I have always been of the view that we should deregulate so that we can cut out corruption but unfortunately Nigerians didn’t take it from Jonathan.

“I urge President Buhari to take a bold step and deregulate the oil sector. He is not a stranger to the sector having being a former minister of petroleum. He will be respected for taking the step. There’s no point paying subsidy when Nigerians are not benefiting it. The president will be doing the right thing if he deregulates the sector so that the product will be sold at cheaper rate in the future.”

Although he confirmed that marketers were being owed by government, he, however, maintained that the agitation for the payment of their monies was not properly handled.

He said, “Indeed the marketers are being owed large sums of money and I am one of those being owed but I believe that dialogue should have been the choice of the marketers, especially considering the state of the nation. It was unprecedented in the country for oil marketers to go on strike for up to four days. What I expected was that there would have been a warning strike before a total shut down.”

While disclosing that the decision to shutdown the country was not a unilateral one, he stated that the few marketers who were behind the shutdown should be probed.

“It was unpatriotic for them to shutdown the country. If this is not properly investigated, there could be a repeat of such. Marketers should know that they are not labour unions; there was an agreement with government to pay them gradually, but they disregarded the agreement and unpatriotically threw the country into crisis,” Uba said.

He revealed that he pulled out of the oil marketers’ strike because his company was not consulted before the marketers’ decision to shut down operations was taken against national interest.

He said: “My facilities store products for the Pipelines and Petroleum Marketing Company (PPMC) an arm of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) which means such products belong to the Federal Government.

“For a facility like ours, we should be considered before taking this position, what if people storing product in our facilities sue us? They have the rights to take their products, what if PPMC sue us or cancel our contract? We need to ask these questions.

Uba said he decided to resume fuel supply because he could not bear the horror of Nigerians dying in hospitals, and banks shutting down and consequently putting the masses in hardship, even as he revealed that his company had to rescue telecoms giant, MTN, by supplying the diesel, a development he said prevented communication across the country from experiencing a major downtime.

While expressing disappointment that many Nigerians have attributed politics to his gesture, he stated that he has no regret for his action, saying he will be part of those that will ensure Nigeria works well no matter the criticism.

He further advised the Federal Government to assist investors interested in building refineries in the country, noting that failure by government to give the right support to players in the oil and gas sector in spite of their capacity to run the industry successfully had painful made Nigerians go through avoidable hardships in their country.

Citing an example with his firm, he said, “Go to Capital Oil you will see over 19 vessels floating, for three years none has worked for one day and these are investment made in line with government policy. Who will give you facility when you don’t even have turnover?”

“I would like to see the incoming government take a good look at the sector and I will be willing to advise because I have suffered so much in line with government policies in the downstream sector of the Nigerian economy,” he added.

Uba recalled a number efforts he had made in the past to support what he believed were the right policies to help the economy grow irrespective of who the leader is, adding “I don’t side anybody, I go straight to the point and I am not a sycophant for Buhari or for Jonathan.”

http://leadership.ng/news/437509/ubah-to-buhari-remove-fuel-subsidy-probe-those-behind-shutdown

24 Likes

Re: Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown by double0seven(m): 8:07am On Jun 01, 2015
this Guy

9 Likes

Re: Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown by double0seven(m): 8:07am On Jun 01, 2015
Re: Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown by DahtzFestjayz: 8:14am On Jun 01, 2015
Thief calling the owner to catch thief

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 01, 2015
The man that saved Nigeria from collapsing while Otedola and Wale Tinubu were taking selfies with Buhari

139 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown by POPdecorator: 8:26am On Jun 01, 2015
But u no think of poor citizen but soon fuel would be useless with
these electric car and water fuelled car

2 Likes

Re: Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown by owobokiri(m): 8:33am On Jun 01, 2015
The man of the moment. He ended the fuel scarcity mess started by Wale tinubu and Otedola them. He called for the investigation of oil marketers, he is one of them but he wants investigation, that means dude has no skeletons in his cupboard. Now he is calling for the removal of fuel subsidy and the deregulation of the downstream sector of the oil industry in this country and what is your retort again? Insults! Typical! Shildrenz of anger, it comes with the terrain tho. ..

DahtzFestjayz:
Theif calling the owner to catch theif

101 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 01, 2015
DahtzFestjayz:
Theif calling the owner to catch theif

Yoruba fool. Ubah knows when probe is done..he is requesting it, when done...90% will be Yoruba marketers.

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown by Chiaka(f): 10:03am On Jun 01, 2015
Oil Subsidy is truly a scam in Nigeria should be removed completely!

6 Likes

Re: Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown by baybeeboi: 10:43am On Jun 01, 2015
south-west.

1 Like

Re: Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown by Soreza(m): 10:43am On Jun 01, 2015
AFTER THEN YOU TOO WILL BE PROBED
Re: Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown by datafreebie: 10:43am On Jun 01, 2015
See me see Nigeria
Re: Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown by siraj1402(m): 10:44am On Jun 01, 2015
Buhari said he will have to look into the system first if there is anyyhing like subsidy.

2 Likes

Re: Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown by BuddhaPalm(m): 10:45am On Jun 01, 2015
No be Nigeria again?

Very soon we'll start probing the probers - after them don collect moni grin

2 Likes

Re: Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown by frankparadise(m): 10:45am On Jun 01, 2015
seems his seeking for position from buhari cheesy
Re: Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown by sammyj: 10:45am On Jun 01, 2015
This is a case of the thief chasing after the owner of the house coming from Ubah the biggest beneficiary of SCAM called subsidy since 1800DC!!! cool tongue grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown by igbsam(m): 10:46am On Jun 01, 2015
why didn't he press jonathan to do it. Rather he went about gallivanting all around with his useless TAN movement. Hypocrisy of the Highest order. He follow send Jona to otuoeke by misleading him.

you opinion is not needed by buhari

14 Likes

Re: Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown by tucky200(m): 10:46am On Jun 01, 2015
Yes ....bring d scammers to justice
They must rot in jail !!

1 Like

Re: Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown by Dee60: 10:46am On Jun 01, 2015
Change has come to Chief Ubah!

1 Like

Re: Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown by Sweetguy25: 10:46am On Jun 01, 2015
Nice one from my brother

3 Likes

Re: Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown by babyfaceafrica: 10:47am On Jun 01, 2015
But there is nothing like fuel subsidy..so what the hell is buhari going to remove!!!!!!...I like this guy sha very industrious....it is the other Ubah I loathe

2 Likes

Re: Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown by Nobody: 10:47am On Jun 01, 2015
Okay
Re: Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown by ZeezaRapture(m): 10:47am On Jun 01, 2015
Laughing in Greekgrin
Re: Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown by tinkinjow: 10:47am On Jun 01, 2015
This guy always seem confident on this issue. it's like he has a plan
Re: Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown by ichidodo: 10:47am On Jun 01, 2015
Trust our igbo brother to have sought out an ingenious plan to survive the subsidy removal but wil the cabals allow Buhari such leverage to free Nigerians? yes Dangote's refinery is coming up shortly to stand in his stead as a cabal member but what about Thieffnubu and Otedola? Do they have any patriotic plans to add value to our crude or do they desire to become parasites and leeches on our economy?.Or maybe the might have contributed to Buhari's campaign funds given how quick they were to fecilitate with the brainless one immiediately Jega announced the results? Could we say at this juncture that Buhari's hands are tied? thus Nigerians may be faced with a horrible spectre of fryin pan and fire aptly dubbed 'One Chance'.

14 Likes

Re: Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown by seedorfg(m): 10:48am On Jun 01, 2015
A-LI-SIN MA-DUE-AK , BE PREPARE, YOUR KIRIKIRI APARTMENT IS IMINENT
Re: Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown by nonxo007(m): 10:48am On Jun 01, 2015
Ubah is right, just a few miserable people putting over 150million Nigerias in a miserable condition, for their own greedy aim. God help Buhari...

2 Likes

Re: Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown by 2scorehigh(m): 10:48am On Jun 01, 2015
Seriously, I think I'm beginning to like this Ifeanyichukwu Nwuba of a guy!

7 Likes

Re: Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown by Aitee1: 10:49am On Jun 01, 2015
Hypocrite!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown by Makophils93(m): 10:49am On Jun 01, 2015
K
Re: Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 01, 2015
Subsidy removal is the way to go in this country

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Presidency Denies Placing Tinubu Under Security Watch / Osun PDP Holds Parallel Governorship Primaries [PHOTOS] / G5 Governors Will Soon Shut Door Of Reconciliation - Wike Warns PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.