Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live (16237 Views)

Ubah To Buhari: Remove Fuel Subsidy, Probe Those Behind Shutdown / Farouk Lawan (subsidy Probe Committee Chairman) In $600,000 Bribery Scandal / Fuel Subsidy Probe Report : House Of Reps Debate - Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by mukina2: 12:17pm On Jan 19, 2012
I will be testifying before the house committee on fuel subsidy this morning. Please join in. Transparency in governance is an imperative.I won't defend any cabal. Let the truth come out! We must fight corruption!I will have a member of my team tweet my perspectives to you, my people, and the world through this account. Please stay with me.We must intensify efforts in finding all the facts about the payments of subsidy. We must clean out the system and make the system work.
https://twitter.com/NOIweala

http://www.channelstv.com/global/live_video.php

@Channels_TV Channels Television
#SUBSIDY:Finance Minister, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala makes presentation to probe committee on management of subsidy fund
https://twitter.com/Channels_TV/status/159954109011726336
Re: Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by member479760: 12:24pm On Jan 19, 2012
Thief also they talk! grin
Re: Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by Carlosein(m): 12:26pm On Jan 19, 2012
Now, let's see where this is going.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by omo9ja1(m): 12:30pm On Jan 19, 2012
yeye woman

I so much respect her but she have done the worst thing to the poor masses of Nigeria

talk we are listening
Re: Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by ndigbo: 12:31pm On Jan 19, 2012
we are waiting sad
Re: Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by Ogetogeo(m): 12:34pm On Jan 19, 2012
nakedall:

And what did she steal frm u?
Re: Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by brainpulse: 12:36pm On Jan 19, 2012
mtwesw, the ones weh talk yesterday, wer de dey? the ones weh u talk yesterday wetin im bring, oyinbo repete
Re: Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by doctokwus: 12:37pm On Jan 19, 2012
Watch as she contradicts another official.They av bn contradicting& indirectly indicting themselves yet nothing comes out of it,so what's d essence this charade
Re: Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by kensandrea: 12:39pm On Jan 19, 2012
OKONJO SHULD KIP HER TRANSPERACY TO HER SELF WE DONT NEED HER RUBBISH PLS THE ONE SHE AS DONE IS ENOUGH WE DONT NID MORE NAW ABEG OOOO shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by 1025: 12:40pm On Jan 19, 2012
na foolish govt be this. if u ask her another thing, she will tell u the president himself is trying his best to do everything in the interests of the masses.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 19, 2012
Ogetogeo:

And what did she steal frm u?

She did not have to do it directly, Her Brothers did when she was in power inOBJ's regime Chichi and Onyeama Okonjo (George Town Capital and PC Outlet)
Re: Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jan 19, 2012
That her puff puff cheek go sweet for suya o.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by Pukkah: 12:45pm On Jan 19, 2012
nakedall:

While I have stated my anti-subsidy removal position on several threads, I think it's an abuse of your freedom of speech to label another person a 'thief' without any evidence.  In fact, it's libelous.

I do not like the way the subsidy was removed and everything that has been revealed so far is sickening and annoying but nevertheless, I advise that individuals need to rein in their emotions.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by mcfestgee: 12:46pm On Jan 19, 2012
Madam, carry go, we solidly behind you. We trust you have the best intention for this great country. Forget about those who will never si anything good in your genuine efforts at sanitizing the system beczuse they myopic and blind. God bless you
Re: Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by 1025: 12:46pm On Jan 19, 2012
yes madam iweala, we are tired of hearing ur voice and that of ur president. u can go back to ur various basis.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by solihu(m): 12:47pm On Jan 19, 2012
@ Ogetogeo, are you trying to say a thief must / should have stolen from you to qualify as one undecided
Re: Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by codedguy1(m): 12:49pm On Jan 19, 2012
Agbakoba SAN dey vex angry grin
Re: Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by Beaf: 12:49pm On Jan 19, 2012
If the subsidy had not been removed, would we ever have known these things?
Re: Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by Kobojunkie: 12:51pm On Jan 19, 2012
Why didn't the house have this BEFORE the fiasco? This should have happened, I don't know, months ago. What we have now seems more like a show put on to appease the people in some way. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 19, 2012
Please these guyz should not make Madam cry. this is getting to serious for my liking. haba. na probe no be interrogation na! haba!  grin
Re: Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by ade80: 12:54pm On Jan 19, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Why didn't the house have this BEFORE the fiasco? This should have happened, I don't know, months ago. What we have now seems more like a show put on to appease the people in some way. undecided undecided undecided

the committee actually started last year
Re: Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by nateevs(m): 1:04pm On Jan 19, 2012
Beaf:

If the subsidy had not been removed, would we ever have known these things?

Another campaign for GEJ. Have you asked, if subsidy had been removed and people did not resist, said YES IT'S FINE and went about their business, would we ever know these things?

I just cannot stand you. You have a stark penchant for skewing every fact in favour of someone. These things are being revealed 'primarily' because the people resisted not 'only' because subsidy was removed as you make it seem.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by channel801(f): 1:04pm On Jan 19, 2012
Re: Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by geosegun(m): 1:06pm On Jan 19, 2012
NNPC now a demigod; Imagine Finance Ministry do not know who authorizes NNPC from taking Money from federation account. Madam minister, and her colleagues couldn't give clear answer.

NIGERIA TRULY IN DEEP SH.IT
Re: Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by LadyT(f): 1:08pm On Jan 19, 2012
Her answers are very very poor she should be sacked she has NO control over her department.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by ade80: 1:12pm On Jan 19, 2012
she still believes that diesel is what is used to run hiace buses
Re: Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by Beaf: 1:13pm On Jan 19, 2012
nateevs:

Another campaign for GEJ. Have you asked, if subsidy had been removed and people did not resist, said YES IT'S FINE and went about their business, would we ever know these things?

I just cannot stand you. You have a stark penchant for skewing every fact in favour of someone. These things are being revealed 'primarily' because the people resisted not 'only' because subsidy was removed as you make it seem.

People would always have resisted. Many of us argued stridently that the removal of the subsidy would clear away massive levels of corruption in the system. That is excactly what we are witnessing now.

We stand vindicated. By the time this is all through, every man and his dog would regret ever paying N65 only to be so enslaved.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by Kobojunkie: 1:13pm On Jan 19, 2012
--Ngozi Iweala "There is nothing wrong with subsidies".

You can redirect money without removing subsidy, which you yourself admit is not bad.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by codedguy1(m): 1:14pm On Jan 19, 2012
geosegun:

NNPC now a demigod; Imagine Finance Ministry do not know who authorizes NNPC from taking Money from federation account. Madam minister, and her colleagues couldn't give clear answer.

NIGERIA TRULY IN DEEP SH.IT

Its a crime shame!!! sad

Look at her talking about diesel engine buses, does she know the amount of people that travel with smaller buses that use fuel and does she not know that as a country depending on pet products everything goes up not only transport.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by codedguy1(m): 1:17pm On Jan 19, 2012
Beaf:

People would always have resisted. Many of us argued stridently that the removal of the subsidy would clear away massive levels of corruption in the system. That is excactly what we are witnessing now.

We stand vindicated. By the time this is all through, every man and his dog would regret ever paying N65 only to be so enslaved.

Chei grin grin grin With where u stood during the bruhaha am surprised you are saying this.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by nateevs(m): 1:20pm On Jan 19, 2012
NOI: Some of these receipts come with lag and so the cost of Subsidy may increase.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Testifies Before Subsidy Probe Committee - Live by Kobojunkie: 1:21pm On Jan 19, 2012
I see. So Jonathan wanted to wait after election to even bring this to the people. ROFLMAO!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

19 Govs Shun Jang NGF Faction’s Meeting / Gboyega Nasir Isiaka Shares Chin-chin & Cake - Ogun Governorship ADC Aspirant / Election Tribunal: Atiku To Challenge Kano, Kebbi And Nine Other States’ Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.