Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,432 members, 7,836,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

He Wants My Old/student Life Mobile Line Removed- How Proper? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Wants My Old/student Life Mobile Line Removed- How Proper? (942 Views)

We Aren't Married But He Wants These From Me / He Wants Me To Grace His Bed For My Fee / 600 Men Slept With Me In One Year, Says 24-year-old Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Wants My Old/student Life Mobile Line Removed- How Proper? by supertop7: 6:54am On May 05, 2012
my hubby said now dat we ar married, i should remove my mobile line cos i av been receiving my old school male friends and ex calls. Pls dear nairalanders advise if his decision is sensible.
Re: He Wants My Old/student Life Mobile Line Removed- How Proper? by ndividual: 8:19am On May 05, 2012
I suppose it would obvious he's not comfortable with it (he's your husband now after all), which I suspect you see as petty, but ideally If I were the guy it shouldn't have even been an issue in the first. You should know. That's my first gripe with this: the fact he had to tell you. The second gripe is you thinking if this is sensible in the first place. HE IS YOUR HUSBAND!!! Even single girls change their line when they're with a "better candidate", and even go so far as to answer "calls" from other guys in her boyfriend's presence! Compare that with you thinking whether or not to hold on to your phone and you get the idea

Some people are attached to their numbers and having to inform everyone might be a hassle/inconvenience, but your husband has taken the effort to tell you and the ball's in your court as to whether comply or fling his request aside. Right now its not abt u anymore. If one party of a marriage has concerns, the marriage has concerns. These are the little things I lookout for before saying I DO.

Disclaimer: as much as I don't buy this disclaimer, everyone is different and even the context can be misinterpreted. Talk with him and see what his concern is (and so on and so forth)
Re: He Wants My Old/student Life Mobile Line Removed- How Proper? by Killz3(m): 10:38am On May 05, 2012
supertop7: my hubby said now dat we ar married, i should remove my mobile line cos i av been receiving my old school male friends and ex calls. Pls dear nairalanders advise if his decision is sensible.
Do what you have to do to save your marriage. . . Whether it sounds sensible or not, your marriage comes above everyone and everything else. . . It's either you heed to your husband's voice, or you stubbornly continue to receive calls from male friends and exes. . . Finally, na you go use head carry am. I won't be there, no one else will be there. So choose wisely what will be beneficial to you and forget what anyone else says. . . Your choice ma'am!
Re: He Wants My Old/student Life Mobile Line Removed- How Proper? by drnoel: 11:14am On May 05, 2012
^^^^ a word is enough 4 the wise
Re: He Wants My Old/student Life Mobile Line Removed- How Proper? by mashnino(m): 12:11pm On May 05, 2012
Just follow his instructions

cos you won't know when another guy (your ex) will start manipulating you

before you know it, you will spoil the whole thing

just change it
Re: He Wants My Old/student Life Mobile Line Removed- How Proper? by tjskii(f): 2:56pm On May 05, 2012
Ooouuch u just married a guy whoz got trust issues,cos it shudnt matter who calls u,as long as u urself don't overindulge ur calers,after ur mobile line wat next,ur social networking sites,ur bb,soon u won't be allowed to ssay hello to male frends or colleagues at work,for fear that he'll read meaning in to it,that said

Hez ur husband do watever it takes within reason to make him happy,gettin a newline shudnt be any skin off ur nose,so go for it.

And as ndividual has said,talk to him and understand the underlying reasons for his request
Re: He Wants My Old/student Life Mobile Line Removed- How Proper? by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 05, 2012
***drinking garri and palmwine with cashew nuts*** toilet here i come.
Re: He Wants My Old/student Life Mobile Line Removed- How Proper? by Mayflowa(m): 4:12pm On May 05, 2012
I suppose u over-indulge yourself. Did you give him reason for suspicion like attending to these callers rather than him? Contrary to what most people believe, men are very jealous creature and could demand attention like babies. Treat your husband like a baby, love and respect. I am sure he won't care about ur phone any longer or would u rather defy ur huband to meet ur exes who already have their wives.

If they so loved you, they should have married you!
Re: He Wants My Old/student Life Mobile Line Removed- How Proper? by cowgurl: 8:23pm On May 05, 2012
[quote
author=supertop7]my hubby said now dat we ar married, i should remove
my mobile line cos i av been receiving my old school male friends and ex
calls
. Pls dear nairalanders advise if his decision is sensible.
[/quote] If dat's d reason y u won't do wat ur hubby ask of u, den u seriously do nid 2 v a rethink Supertop. N yes, dat decision of his is OVER sensible.
Re: He Wants My Old/student Life Mobile Line Removed- How Proper? by 190: 8:10am On May 06, 2012
bennyraz: ***drinking garri and palmwine with cashew nuts*** toilet here i come.
grin grin grin
Re: He Wants My Old/student Life Mobile Line Removed- How Proper? by tpia5: 8:33pm On Jun 26, 2012
op are you male or female.
Re: He Wants My Old/student Life Mobile Line Removed- How Proper? by Mynd44: 8:52pm On Jun 26, 2012
The guy is insecure and he will continue to be so changing the line will not solve anything. But for peace's sake, change but not after you have writing down all the important numbers and there is also FB and twitter to shout out to your friends

(1) (Reply)

What Does It Take To Be Romantic? / White And Black Bfs / Being Truthful In Relationship Whats The Side Effect?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.