Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,622 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register (13437 Views)

Weeds Overtake Rashidi Yekini’s House (Photos) / Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) / Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by dont8(m): 7:15am On May 06, 2012
Rest in Peace, The PATRIOT!
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by Nobody: 7:30am On May 06, 2012
RIP!
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by JacobReamen(m): 7:44am On May 06, 2012
R.I.P ma bro, you will always remain fresh in our memories
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by sylve11: 7:44am On May 06, 2012
Never will i forget you, Mr. Rasheed Yekini, you touched my heart in a way that's so special, gone but forgotten. . . . .Humble you, live on in our minds. I pray God forgive you your sins and grant you eternal rest. R.I.P King of Goal! cry cry cry sad sad cool
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by phraze(m): 8:22am On May 06, 2012
A HERO.
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by uglyBetty1(f): 8:25am On May 06, 2012
embarassed embarassedWhen I remember Rashidi, water run down my eyes,Aye Aye,water run down my eyes.Yekini was a real footballer, he scored lots of Goal for Nigeria.It is a pity that he was not given a national award,whereas the likes of Aki abi paw-paw was honoured.It is a shame,but I know that even if the Nigerian Govt does not recognise you,those that have watched you play know your worth.RIP the king of goal.May your soul rest in peace.
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by 1stestees(m): 8:44am On May 06, 2012
Gangling Yekini.
RIP.
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by nelly4(f): 9:09am On May 06, 2012
RIP bbaaba yekini may ur gentle soul rest in peace

adieu
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by Skoopy(m): 9:10am On May 06, 2012
U delighted me, as often a tym i watched u play, u're a gOAl MOGUL.
RIP Yeking.
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by 190: 9:19am On May 06, 2012
[size=18pt]RIP RASHIDI - YOUR MUSIC WAS AN INSPIRATION AND SOURCE OF JOY TO ME, OMG HE DIED IN HIS STUDIO IN JAMAICA

[/size]
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by bakila: 9:53am On May 06, 2012
May Allah SWT grant you Aljanah Firduasi. You made us all leap for joy with you goals for our Nations and to show that you were so good replicated it at the world stage.

Shame on the compilers of the National Awards for not having one of our best and greatest on their list.
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by vanstanzy(m): 10:57am On May 06, 2012
Roforofo: While our useless thieving Football Federation and Ministry of Sports has not announced anything officially on the death of a patriotic Nigerian who served his country his former club have his death has headline news on their website, are flying their club flag at half mast in his honour and will have a minute of silence in respect for the late Rashidi Yekini.
http://www.vfc.pt/noticias/clube/05_05_12_adeusyekini Just shows you how useless our officials are in Nigeria. No wonder the government does not care about raising fuel prices. Nigeria, a country where the leaders and officials do not give a DAMN about their own people!!!!

@Roforofo
Still no official announcement by the govt on Yekini's death? This govt is as useless as they come, walahi!
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by caye(m): 11:17am On May 06, 2012
Your dedication to the great game will forever be remembered. May Allah take care of your mother and children, Amin.
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by ortopazz(m): 11:42am On May 06, 2012
Oh men! Mehn wen will we have such men again!
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by airmark(m): 1:07pm On May 06, 2012
Yeking, rip, the best goal-poacher , nigeria ever had.
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by nababagod(m): 1:34pm On May 06, 2012
What a great loss to d memory of football in africa. D yeking of goal is gone so soon. We all love u but god love u most. RIP.
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by reka(m): 1:55pm On May 06, 2012
We missing you already. Rasheed was a legend came he saw and he conquered.. RIP bawss..
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by Ebenezerk2: 2:45pm On May 06, 2012
Our openinig match of USA 94 against Bulgaria
idaal: I cnt remember precisely which match ȋ̝̊̅̄τ̣̣̥ was dat after he scored, he held d net and spoke some words. He was a great man that led Nigeria to victory. Goodnite Yekini
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by leffects(m): 3:11pm On May 06, 2012
RIP
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by Brite02(m): 3:54pm On May 06, 2012
Adieu Yekinilipsrsealed

Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by Orikinla(m): 4:03pm On May 06, 2012
The greatest striker in the history of Nigerian soccer.
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by Nicklee(m): 5:39pm On May 06, 2012
Rest in Peace, Yekini!
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 06, 2012
!
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by http(m): 7:39pm On May 06, 2012
We know tou are gone, but your memories will remain in our heart forever, as human, we have our short commings in life, i know Almighty Allah will forgive your sins and grant you Aljanat Fridau, we love you, but Allah loves you most and that is why he called you home, even though as am typing this, tears of Joy came upon my face, i know that Allah has taken you to a better place where you will be appreciated and valued, i also lost a brother your name sake 2 weeks back, am in real pain now, but i know we shall see one day, even though we never see face to face here on earth. Know that we love you and will sure miss you.

Inna Lilai wa Inna Lilahi Rajiuna. Surat Iklas for you brothers.
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by blackis(m): 8:26pm On May 06, 2012
I am glad I was born in your era, I am fulfilled that with my own eyes I saw
your conquest on the field of play. Thank you for all that you gave to the
beautiful game and for the joy you brought to its teeming followers the
world over.

May your soul rest in peace and may your family find the comfort to
bear your loss, Amen.
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by supremebeing09: 9:16pm On May 06, 2012
RIP. You ARE a legend.
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by NAJALYN: 9:25pm On May 06, 2012
A great footballer gone too soon. Rest in Peace Yakubu.
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by bobbyruffy(m): 9:37pm On May 06, 2012
May hs gentle soul rest in perfect peace. And may hs soul score more goals in Gods sight 4 mercy.
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by Theblessed(f): 10:53pm On May 06, 2012
[size=16pt][b] Greed, Selfisheness and Wickedness is all I can feel around all the so called Nigerian Professional Footballers!

Why should this happen to a man that made his Country happy and proud? Why should they standby and watch their professional colleague suffer this way, when majority of them earn more than enough to rescue this guy?

Now, all we are getting here is sympathy and condolences, when you all knew all along, he was in a bad shape and needing support/help and you didn't shout - why shout now? Thanks, and no thanks, please !!

To see a professional Footballer who served his country well, rendered poor and walking Nigerian streets, mad and on barefoot (what a shame!!!!) and no one cared, is not only a curse to all Nigerians but also to his professional colleagues who could have helped him but, turned their faces the other way, and watched his demise - shame on you all who call yourselves professional Footballers - bunkum!!!! angry angry angry

Yes, I could hear some say, we don't owe him anything, he is not our brother, cousin etc or any thing of sort, eh? Really Well, in your naked eyes, you're right but you know what - Humanly, morally and spiritually speaking, you all own him big time, and knowing that but did nothing to help him, your conscience will live with you, forever!

And I ask, what happened with the principle of helping the NEEDY that stretched beyond all Religious boundaries? What happened to 'forgiveness' if he'd done you wrong, at one point in his life?

That calls una conscience to question, here!

And to prevent this happening again in the future, to both Nigerian and all African Professional Footballers, why can't the Professional Footballers themselves set up a Trust Fund for all Footballers and their families - or have they?

If so, why then, did Rashid had to suffer like this? undecided undecided undecided What a waste of talent!!

Rest in peace Rashid - rest assured, everyone will be coming there soon this Century to answer, the Almighty God adieu!!![/b] [/size]
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by blackboi(m): 1:19am On May 07, 2012
(am a bit guilty of this as well)

Medicine after death, what a wasteful adventuresad its better u all say RIP and shut d focck up!

Keep ur poetry to urselves or better still, save it in an anthology for ur own funeral.

How many of u woulda bothered to do same while he was alive Nobody on this forum care to open a thread that will benefit him; all i could read about him were cheap stories about his downfall... Now that the man is dead, see dem dey yan like correct people. Shior on you!
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by Roland17(m): 2:37am On May 07, 2012
Rashidi Yekiniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii... Your memories are indelible...
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by ebere1712: 6:07am On May 07, 2012
You served your country well. RIP Rashidi yekini

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Enyeama May Have Played Last Game For Nigeria - NFF Official / Osimhen Says It "Feels So Good To Be Back", Praises Napoli Teammates / Asisat Oshoala Joins Super Falcons For Last Training Session In Abuja. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.