Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,737 members, 7,820,542 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register (13436 Views)

Weeds Overtake Rashidi Yekini’s House (Photos) / Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) / Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by Horpehyhemie: 9:54am On May 07, 2012
[color=#770077][/color] Yekini was best striker Nigeria has ever produced. He is full of strength n very committed to d national assignment. Wish u were alive to teach ds youths how to be committed n humble. RIP
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by Bolarge1(m): 10:01am On May 07, 2012
WHEN EVER RASHIDI SCORES MILLIONS OF NIGERIA ARE FULL OF YOU, MERRY AND SLEEP PEACEFULLY IF NIGERIA WINS.

BUT WE ABANDONED OUR USED TO BE SOURCE OF JOY WHEN HE NEEDED US MOST.

WHEN WE WAS SICK THIS NAIRALAND FORUM OR FACEBOOK COULD HAVE BEEN USED TO CRY AND SHOUT OUT TO THE MEDIA, NFA AND MINISTRY OF SPORTS TO RESCUE HIM OUT.BUT I GOT TO KNOW HE WAS SICK WHEN WE HAVE LOST HIM.

LETS LEARN FROM OUR MISTAKES NOW AND USE THIS MEDIUM OR FACEBOOK TO SHOUT OUT ANY OF OUR GREAT SPORT HEROES THAT ARE FACING ONE PROBLEM OR THE OTHER NOW FOR HELP AND POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS.

WE HAVE LOST THE GREATEST FOOTBALLER NIGERIA HAS EVER PRODUCED.

A FRIEND OF MY GOT A PERMANENT VISA IN GERMANY TO HAVE MARRIED A GERMAN BECAUSE THE GIRL LIKED YEKINI AND SHE DECIDED TO MARRY A NIGERIAN.

GOOD JOB YEKING!

GOD NEEDED YOU MOST. HE WANTED YOU TO COME AND START SCORING GOALS IN THE LEAGUE IN HEAVEN AND PUT SMILES IN THEIR FACES.SINCE NIGERIANS NEVER VALUE YOU.

ADIEU YEKING THE KING OF GAOLS!

Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by dextype: 10:08am On May 07, 2012
May you rest in the bosom of the almighty!
A tribute to a football legend!
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by ndahbros1: 10:17am On May 07, 2012
Now d encomiums keep pouring in torrential quantities. D eulogies are in avalanche mode. It is normal, especially here in Nigeria.
But where were all these Yekini-lovers wen d guy was passing tru hard times? How come no one remembered him then? Y did d cash donations come after his death from 3 state govts? Why didn't they bring it so he cud use it to treat himself? Where is d house FG promised him 20 yrs ago? Who ever cared?
And now he is dead: all of us are falling over ourselves to eulogize him.
Yekini, u had no friends out here, simple. Not even me n certainly not all d Nigerians who don't give a darn until they hear of ur demise.
U guys won't support living but poor national heroes now. Wen they hv died from neglect, sickness, and hunger, u'l start the charade all over again.
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by arnoldbaba: 2:20pm On May 07, 2012
goonite king of goals
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by bigsean(m): 3:20pm On May 07, 2012
Baba Yekini!!!
We miss you, Nigeria still misses a decisive finisher of your quality.
you brought joy to the hearts of millions both in Africa and soccer lovers across the globe, with your skill and celebration.
If there really is a life after death, i know the joy u brought to the world through soccer far outweighs any shortcomings.
Baba Yekini....you dey tear net that year sha!
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by freedizzle1(m): 6:08pm On May 07, 2012
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by rotiler: 6:32pm On May 07, 2012
Respect
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by wolexojo(m): 7:03pm On May 07, 2012
RIP Yekini Ye-King of goals.
90 goals in 108 appearances for Victoria Setubal! who scores like that anymore these days? Lionel Messi and Ronaldo excluded.
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by smsgold: 3:59am On May 08, 2012
ajetii: When beggars die there is no comets seen but heaven blast forth the death of Yeking.
ADIEU, YeKing of Goals! Yours was a short & worthy life. No potent goal poacher has Nigeria had since you left the stage.

RIP, Yekini.
rip
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by Kakatazz(f): 10:11am On May 08, 2012
What a bad country.Why do we waste good hands and heroes?You were a great footballer.
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by Tabidavou: 2:35pm On May 08, 2012
Your scoring prowess and your dedication will linger on for a very long time.
Adieu Rasheed.
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by Yujin(m): 7:06pm On May 08, 2012
You were a loaded gun. Your shots were devastating striking terror into the hearts of goalkeepers. I believe Alan Gomen(Cote D'ivoire's goalkeeper in 1994 nations cup) suffered a strain whilst trying to save your unstoppable shot that earned us a goal. Oh Yekini! rest in peace. Adieu Sai wata rana dan kaduna, jee nke oma.
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by honesty1(m): 7:21pm On May 08, 2012
haaaaa may ur soul rest in peacehaaaaa may ur soul rest in peacehaaaaa may ur soul rest in peace
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by lewisham(f): 8:04pm On May 13, 2012
A LEGEND YOU WILL FOREVER BE IN OUR LIVE'S RASHIDI YEKINI REST IN PEACE sad
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by vanstanzy(m): 7:48pm On May 15, 2012
ZUBY77: I remember how happy you made me when i was a kid. Watching you was a delight, scoring wonderful spectacular goals. I know how ridiculous this may sound but i place you above all the politicians in this country. RIP Rashidi... My gangling hero.
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by vanstanzy(m): 7:55pm On May 15, 2012
Chei!!! Otua ka dike shi na! Am pouring out liquor 4 ya rite now. I will always remember ur unstoppable goals, not 1, not 2, but uncountable.
Re: Rashidi Yekini:: Condolence Register by isalegan2: 2:06am On May 29, 2012
iyes: Some records of Rashidi Yekini:

1. Scorer of Nigeria's first World Cup goal
2. Never missed a penalty kick in his career.
3. Never got a yellow or red card in his career.
4. Never down with injury
5. Never missed a match for the country during his playing career.
6. All time highest goal scorer for Nigeria.

That is remarkable, if accurate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See Rio 2016 Gymnast Pussy Exposed / Enyeama May Have Played Last Game For Nigeria - NFF Official / Osimhen Says It "Feels So Good To Be Back", Praises Napoli Teammates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.