Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees (25200 Views)

Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido / Alleged N1.35BN Fraud: Court Sends Ex-gov. Sule Lamido, Sons To Prison / FG Spends N9bn Annually On 10-Aircraft Presidential Fleet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by hercules07: 10:23am On May 07, 2012
Alusi Okija:

Obscene?!

I dont think so!!

Like you said, if investment bankers are earning up to 2.5 million per month in the private sector, how much do you think a manager in CBN should earn monthly (after tax & without benefit)?! Emphasis on upper level management.

40% of that, it is called public service for a reason, if they are not satisfied, they should go to the private sector.
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by AlusiOkija: 10:34am On May 07, 2012
So how do intend to attract the best into the public sector when you arent willing to pay them well. These folks have a family and also desire the good life too you know. And I still maintain that 37million per annum really isnt that insane.

And dude seriously!!! 40%!! Thats about 12million per annum!!! Like seriously!!!!!

I'm sorry hommes, I beg to differ on this one.

I did not say pay a desk clerk 37million, but a director, manager and upper level management should be well paid.

If a man is worth his wages, give him his money. What you are advocating is slave labour all in the name of patriotism/call-to-service.

I want the best minds in the public service, I want them to be amongst the best paid in the country so they can also have pride and happiness in their work, and that would make joing the public service attractive to the bright and intellectually gifted citizens who would believe they can actually make a good career in the public service.

Pay shitty money and you get shitty employees like we already do in the civil service today. No incentives, poor wages (that are not even paid as at when due), terrible working conditions, poor benefits, no insurance cover, absolute rubbish.... Thats why the genius minds would never want to join the public/civil service.
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by Sagamite(m): 12:09pm On May 07, 2012
Alusi Okija: I dont think its too much at all!! Especially for Management.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

For the lady who asked about the function of the NNPC, I suggest you grab a book on the subject as their functions too plenty and I am not being paid to school you.

For those shouting that its too high, I suggest we strat by attacking the Senators who take up a significant percentage from the Yearly budget of the nation as testified to by Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi. NNPC as a coporation has more workers who do real work in their employ compared to these senators. Cut the salaries of the public sector all you want, but dont expect professionals to come work for peanuts when they could make a killing in the private sector. And then when you pay them peanuts, how do you expect them not to collect bribes when the average guy in the private sector makes more than they do with even better benefits.

I suggest that we put sentiments aside, In Nigeria today, 30 million is about right as the yearly income of a certain level in the public sector if we want them to have pride in their work.

Start with the Senators and Reps!! Thats just my qualms. . . They (reps & Senators) cant be shouting about another mans salary when they make morethan 3 times that in a year.

And the NNPC staff do more real work than our doctors or lawyers? Do we pay those also N37m per annum? So they are not suppose to have pride in their work? If Sinators are earning that much, it justifies us paying them N37m too, init?

Who is stopping the NNPC staff from going to the private sector if they want to be paid more?

Alusi Okija:

Obscene?!

I dont think so!!

Like you said, if investment bankers are earning up to 2.5 million per month in the private sector, how much do you think a manager in CBN should earn monthly (after tax & without benefit)?! Emphasis on upper level management.

So the Governor of Bank of England should be paid £6m a year because senior executives in banking are making the same?

Alusi Okija: So how do intend to attract the best into the public sector when you arent willing to pay them well. These folks have a family and also desire the good life too you know. And I still maintain that 37million per annum really isnt that insane.

And dude seriously!!! 40%!! Thats about 12million per annum!!! Like seriously!!!!!

I'm sorry hommes, I beg to differ on this one.

I did not say pay a desk clerk 37million, but a director, manager and upper level management should be well paid.

If a man is worth his wages, give him his money. What you are advocating is slave labour all in the name of patriotism/call-to-service.

I want the best minds in the public service, I want them to be amongst the best paid in the country so they can also have pride and happiness in their work, and that would make joing the public service attractive to the bright and intellectually gifted citizens who would believe they can actually make a good career in the public service.

Pay shitty money and you get shitty employees like we already do in the civil service today. No incentives, poor wages (that are not even paid as at when due), terrible working conditions, poor benefits, no insurance cover, absolute rubbish.... Thats why the genius minds would never want to join the public/civil service.

You need to go and educate yourself with the difference between public and private sector jobs.

Everyone would wish for the best minds in public sector but not for the greedy mind. And for your arse to sit there and say someone cannot live on N12m a year in Nigeria (it is slave labour) despite the free accommodation and rides is ridiculous.

We should even pay our President N598m per annumn so he can also have pride and happiness in his work, since he is running the country. undecided

Just pure ignorant arguments.
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by crocodile: 12:42pm On May 07, 2012
@ Sagamite,
You are just talking trash here. These Senators and reps were they not votted in to serve at the cost we can afford?
Those NNPC management staff earning those millions were employed and offered those wages. Many of them can and have left to other companies payiong better wages. Doctors and other professionals worth their salt leave this country to other climes to ply their trade for huge sums.
I insist that MAJORITY of our Reps and Senators are UNEMPLOYABLE and can go nowhere to earn what they are earning in this country. Compare their salaries to other Senators and reps in other countries! CAN THEY LEAVE HERE AND TAKE A JOB IN ANY OTHER COUNTRY EVEN AS POLITICIANS? you think we don't know most of these people who took night bus to Abuja and are now claiming to be millionaires before taking up the job! Let each tell us their pedigree before coming to the house!
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by tuniski: 12:56pm On May 07, 2012
@Sagamite on point bro! It is a matter of choice oooo. The best honor u can get is that of service so where the private sector swims in greed, the public sector lives with honor and pride! Afterall, it was the greed of private sector or is it free enterprise that led to GLOBAL ECONOMIC meltdown.NNPC top mgt or not the amount is too much for public servants. That is why we have d most expensive democracy yet so ineffective! It is only cos we are twisted country that's why do things upside down while looting the commonwealth. what is gud life when d very people spoilt public amenities just to claim accolades for foriegn trips on what should ordinarily b available in cheap aboundantly accross d nation. Mschwwwwww!
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by hercules07: 1:23pm On May 07, 2012
@Okija

12 Million is slave wage, where can I sign up for the slave wage.
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by AlusiOkija: 3:13pm On May 07, 2012
hercules07: @Okija

12 Million is slave wage, where can I sign up for the slave wage.

You got jokes!! grin

Dont get me wrong, If you are an accomplished expert in your field, 12million per year is change money!! Thats not even up 100,000 Naira per annum. Nna na wah o!!

For youngins like us, 12million na gongo aso money!! wink wink
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by Sagamite(m): 3:32pm On May 07, 2012
crocodile: @ Sagamite,
You are just talking trash here. These Senators and reps were they not votted in to serve at the cost we can afford?
Those NNPC management staff earning those millions were employed and offered those wages. Many of them can and have left to other companies payiong better wages. Doctors and other professionals worth their salt leave this country to other climes to ply their trade for huge sums.
I insist that MAJORITY of our Reps and Senators are UNEMPLOYABLE and can go nowhere to earn what they are earning in this country. Compare their salaries to other Senators and reps in other countries! CAN THEY LEAVE HERE AND TAKE A JOB IN ANY OTHER COUNTRY EVEN AS POLITICIANS? you think we don't know most of these people who took night bus to Abuja and are now claiming to be millionaires before taking up the job! Let each tell us their pedigree before coming to the house!

You are a person!

You are a person for continuing to use the milking of the system by legislooters to justify wastage in the system.

It is just a really stewpid way of thinking and such stewpid level of thinking is what makes this world a harder place to live in. When people like you have to be considered for, or even appointed to positions of, decision making the world can not run efficiently.

So because legislooters are criminally overpaid, that means we should criminally overpay everyone else instead of fighting to stop the looting by legislooters. FCK DEMOCRACY! We really need to have geniocracy. I am fcking sick and tired of moorons thinking they are entitled to opinions. FCK EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO AN OPINION!

YOU ARE A CRETIN!
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by Sagamite(m): 3:37pm On May 07, 2012
tuniski: @Sagamite on point bro! It is a matter of choice oooo. The best honor u can get is that of service so where the private sector swims in greed, the public sector lives with honor and pride! Afterall, it was the greed of private sector or is it free enterprise that led to GLOBAL ECONOMIC meltdown.NNPC top mgt or not the amount is too much for public servants. That is why we have d most expensive democracy yet so ineffective! It is only cos we are twisted country that's why do things upside down while looting the commonwealth. what is gud life when d very people spoilt public amenities just to claim accolades for foriegn trips on what should ordinarily b available in cheap aboundantly accross d nation. Mschwwwwww!

It is the mentality of so we can also have pride and happiness in our work that the legislooters use to mentally & morally justify their criminal looting of public funds. One of the key reasons why they are not ashamed and can sleep well at night with such legal thieving (that is apart from the fact majority are morally bankrupt).

You get the leaders you deserve. Alusi's leaders are the legislooters.
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by AlusiOkija: 3:41pm On May 07, 2012
Sagamite.

It seems you cant hold a debate devoid of insults. Well for the purpose of this topic, lets agree to disagree. I think it will be the best thing. Unfortunately neither of us are in any position to do s'hit about the subject matter. For future purposes, you may wanna do away with the insults as it makes you appear rather childish and your point is lost inbetween curse words. #justsaying
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by Sagamite(m): 3:52pm On May 07, 2012
Alusi Okija: Sagamite.

It seems you cant hold a debate devoid of insults. Well for the purpose of this topic, lets agree to disagree. I think it will be the best thing. Unfortunately neither of us are in any position to do s'hit about the subject matter. For future purposes, you may wanna do away with the insults as it makes you appear rather childish and your point is lost inbetween curse words. #justsaying

No!

It makes me stand out. It makes me unorthodox. It makes me spicy. It makes me entertaining.

Most intelligent people will agree with my insult even though they have no guts to do it themselves or have been programmed only one narrow channel is the only way to a goal. I believe in multiple channels because I am uber-intelligent and have a mind of my own. I insult some, I don't insult some, depending on my judgement of which will help me achieve my goal in each situation.

I am just too gaddam, fcking brilliant.
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by AlusiOkija: 3:53pm On May 07, 2012
Sagamite:

No!

It makes me stand out. It makes me unorthodox. It makes spicy. It makes me entertaining.

Most intelligent people will agree with my insult even though they have no guts to do it themselves or have been programmed only one narrow channel is the only way to a goal. I believe in multiple channels because I am uber-intelligent and have a mind of my own. I insult some, I don't insult some, depending on my judgement of which will help me achieve my goal in each situation.

I am just too good.

duly noted!
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 07, 2012
Alusi Okija, you have tried, it is okay.
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 07, 2012
Sagamite:

No!

It makes me stand out. It makes me unorthodox. It makes spicy. It makes me entertaining.

I am just too gaddam, fcking brilliant.

Ori e ti lana o grin
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by Sagamite(m): 7:48pm On May 07, 2012
naijababe:
Ori e ti lana o grin

Na fact na. grin cool
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by oseo1(m): 10:19pm On May 07, 2012
37m for the directors of nnpc is actually not too much, considering that my friend who has less than 5 years experience got offered 17m annually by total. Top staff earn about 50-60m annually. You expect to get competent staff yet you don't want to pay them. How do you expect the country to ever move forward when you are not willing to invest in the people that will make decisions on your behalf?
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by hercules07: 10:29pm On May 07, 2012
Twelve million naira is 1m per month in a nation as poor as Nigeria, that is over 6000 dollars for a public servant where people live on less than a dollar a day, 37 million naira is criminal haba, na only them?
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by oseo1(m): 3:27am On May 08, 2012
Its funny civil servants used to be amongst the better paid Nigerians, unfortunately while the private sector was reviewing salaries upwards to keep up with inflation and such things government stayed put, not only did the review salaries right, the benefits that public servants used to get all disappeared. Growing up i lived in the best neighborhoods, went to the best schools, hospitals and had a very good life. Not because my father was a thief but because he was a civil servant.fast forward to 2012 someone in the same position my dad was in 30 years ago will get an official house but it will be so run down that you are better off renting somewhere, your kids can't go to public schools because they won't have good teachers that's if they have teachers at all. They can't go to public hospitals because they are in deplorable condition. And you expect these people to not get paid well yet expect them to not steal or actually care about their work?
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by smsgold: 3:54am On May 08, 2012
Icon4s: My friend d 18k minimum wage is 4 civil servants & nt public servants. The public service has a dif salary structure. Besides, have u taken time 2 find out what top civil servants earn? U'l b amazed. Also do u know that Statoil, Petrobras,Petronas,Saudi-Aramco,Sinopec,CNOC,British Petroleum, Sonangol etc ar owned by their respective govts?ie they ar NNPC equivalents & NNPC package is no where near them.NNPC Staff ar underpaid! NO WHERE IN THE WORLD DOES STATE OIL COMPANIES EARN SAME WAGES AS CIVIL SERVANTS.
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by Sagamite(m): 5:36am On May 08, 2012
ose_o: 37m for the directors of nnpc is actually not too much, considering that my friend who has less than 5 years experience got offered 17m annually by total. Top staff earn about 50-60m annually. You expect to get competent staff yet you don't want to pay them. How do you expect the country to ever move forward when you are not willing to invest in the people that will make decisions on your behalf?

The annual salary of the governor of Bank of England is less than £310K. There are people with about 5-7 year experience in high finance making that. Are you telling me the Governors of BofE are generally incompetent?

Do you think from your arse?
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by Sagamite(m): 5:38am On May 08, 2012
ose_o: Its funny civil servants used to be amongst the better paid Nigerians, unfortunately while the private sector was reviewing salaries upwards to keep up with inflation and such things government stayed put, not only did the review salaries right, the benefits that public servants used to get all disappeared. Growing up i lived in the best neighborhoods, went to the best schools, hospitals and had a very good life. Not because my father was a thief but because he was a civil servant.fast forward to 2012 someone in the same position my dad was in 30 years ago will get an official house but it will be so run down that you are better off renting somewhere, your kids can't go to public schools because they won't have good teachers that's if they have teachers at all. They can't go to public hospitals because they are in deplorable condition. And you expect these people to not get paid well yet expect them to not steal or actually care about their work?

You are a cretin!

You think it is a sane society when it is public officials and their families that live in the best neighborhoods, went to the best schools, hospitals and had a very good life?
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by AlusiOkija: 11:32am On May 08, 2012
hercules07: Twelve million naira is 1m per month in a nation as poor as Nigeria, that is over 6000 dollars for a public servant where people live on less than a dollar a day, 37 million naira is criminal haba, na only them?

In a country where land is about 3 - 5million per plot, house rent in a decent neighbourhood for a 3 bedroom is around 1million - 2million (If its Abuja, na you sabi), Healthcare is fhucked so you have to cater for yourself, food price and all... Nna, the directors in all federal parastatal should be earning this abeg. After 20years of service (minimum) its time to start living la vida.

Meanwhile after taxes, it comes down to arond 750 o!!
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by Sagamite(m): 12:05pm On May 08, 2012
Alusi Okija:
In a country where land is about 3 - 5million per plot, house rent in a decent neighbourhood for a 3 bedroom is around 1million - 2million (If its Abuja, na you sabi), Healthcare is fhucked so you have to cater for yourself, food price and all... Nna, the directors in all federal parastatal should be earning this abeg. After 20years of service (minimum) its time to start living la vida.

Meanwhile after taxes, it comes down to arond 750 o!!

So why should senators living in Abuja not earn the same? Why are you complaining they are overpaid?

So why should public servants leading public sector services live in decent neighbourhoods while the vast majority of the population live in indecent and insalubrious neighbourhoods created by the former's work?

Are you listening to yourself? Do you know you especially deserve the typical Nigerian leader?
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by Sagamite(m): 9:28am On May 09, 2012
I guess senior public officials should live in security (maybe even with police escort and sirens), while the rest of the population live in insecurity.

https://www.nairaland.com/933362/dr-sola-otulana-oou-lecturer

Reasoning like this is no wonder while the population is in gridlock traffic, you would have some mooron public official (including Ministry of Work & Roads' Minister and Permanent Secretary) using siren and police officers to clear the way for their own car. If they are not travelling by air in the first place.

Reasoning like this is no wonder while the population face using inadequate healthcare facilities with quack professionals and fake drugs, their public officials are funded through the public purse to go abroad for superb healthcare service provided for foreigners by foreign public officials.
Re: NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees by Sagamite(m): 10:48pm On May 09, 2012
These are the leaders you deserve:

https://www.nairaland.com/770669/oyo-releases-30m-burial-ex-governor

Most people can not afford to eat or pay for burials due to misgovernance but those that loot you still get more outrageous loot even in death to have pride and happiness in their graves.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan In The Good Old Days / Chinedu Eya: I Will Sell My N53m House To Purchase Ambode’s PDP Form / Again, Pastor Reno Omokri Caught Spreading Lies And Fake News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.