Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido (2634 Views)

EFCC To Seize Fayose’s N1.35bn Properties / EFCC Arraigns Akpobolokemi, Ex-nimasa DG And Nine Others For Alleged N1.153bn Sc / “you Mean I’m Now A Prisoner?” – Lamido Exclaims After Court Sends Him To Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by HungerBAD: 3:10am On Jul 10, 2015
KANO—A Federal High Court, sitting in Kano, yesterday, ordered former Jigawa State governor, Sule Lamido, and his two sons, Aminu and Mustapha, accused of fraud, remanded in prison custody in Kano till September 28.

The former governor is facing a 28-count charge alongside his two sons, and one Wada Abubakar in connection with alleged corruption and money laundering that amounted to over N1.35 billion.

Lamido who was arraigned for receiving N1.35 billion kickback from a government contractor was shocked and could not believe his ears after the judge turned down his bail application and ordered him remanded.

Immediately the court rose and the Deputy Chief Registrar of Federal High Court, Mr Solomon Akpedah ushered the former governor and his two sons into a waiting van for a journey to Kano central prison, Lamido exclaimed saying: “You mean I am now a prisoner”? The Deputy Chief Registrar, however, tried to calm him down saying “No sir, you are not a prisoner”.

The alleged fraud money was allegedly paid into accounts controlled by the governor and his sons.
Former Governor Sule Lamido being led to prison yesterday in Kano.
Former Governor Sule Lamido being led to prison yesterday in Kano.
The Economic & Financial Crimes Commission has accused the four suspects of money laundering, among other charges.

They were due for arraignment, Wednesday, but the court appearance was rescheduled to yesterday. Security was stepped up around the court vicinity in Kano ahead of the hearing.

The ruling

Delivering a ruling, Justice Evelyn Anyadike ordered that the four accused persons be remanded in a Kano Prison because the EFCC said they lacked enough facilities to accommodate them.

She rejected the pleas of defence counsel, Effiong Effiong, SAN, that the accused be kept in EFCC custody, saying the commission had complained of inadequate facilities.

Justice Anyadike said: “The case is hereby adjourned for hearing till September 28, while the four accused persons are to be remanded in prison custody in Kano”.

The trial judge further ruled that “the case will be handed over to a vacation judge to listen to the bail application while the judiciary goes on vacation next Monday.

A 28-count charge bordering on a number of alleged breaches of trust by Sule Lamido, Aminu Sule Lamido, Mustapha Sule Lamido and one Aminu Wada Abubakar, was read in court.

They pleaded not guilty after the charges were read to them.

The judge ruled that the accused persons be remanded pending the hearing of their bail applications.
Earlier, the defence counsel, Mr. Effiong, had argued that remanding the accused persons in prison would amount to trampling on their fundamental human rights.

He pleaded that they be sent to either of EFCC’s facilities in Abuja or Kano.

However, counsel to EFCC, Chile Okoroma, objected to the plea, saying EFCC’s facilities were full to capacity both in Kano and Abuja.
There was pandemonium in court between those supporting Mr. Lamido and those against him, leading the Police to fire tear-gas canisters into the air to disperse the crowd.

The former governor and all the other accused persons had entered a plea of not guilty to the 28 count charges.
Lamido who had earlier pleaded with a court attendant to switch off the ceiling fan directly over him, explained that “I have catarrh and I don’t want anything that will aggravate the situation.”

The defence lawyer, who noticed the physical condition of his 69-year-old client pleaded orally for him to sit down but was overruled by the presiding judge who declared that such gesture runs foul of the established rules. Lamido and his co-accused persons were subsequently transported to Kano central prison amidst tight security.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/alleged-n1-35bn-fraud-you-mean-im-now-a-prisoner-lamido/#sthash.98avjW2a.dpuf

Cc lalasticlala, Ishilove

2 Likes

Re: Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by timawoku(m): 3:11am On Jul 10, 2015
Re: Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by koligs: 3:23am On Jul 10, 2015
This one isn't in the fullest of time oh..
He was remanded in prison right on time...
Re: Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by Pangea: 3:32am On Jul 10, 2015
Finally
The anti corruption war has started!
The way the thing dey go now, the money PMB promised will be realized will be more than what he said o!
If you are accused of stealing 10 million your bail will be set at 20 million!
Walahi this is genius!

My only anger was, how was FFK able to escape?
To continue to spend looted fund on his bleached whale of a girlfriend?

9 Likes

Re: Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by AnyibestDede(m): 4:22am On Jul 10, 2015
No sir! U are not a prisoner, they are just showing u around. Ole.

7 Likes

Re: Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by overdrive(m): 4:35am On Jul 10, 2015
na waa this judge no dey look ushe face. a whole gomina and sons remanded in prison custody. just negodu. lipsrsealed
Theodore orji and son must be pissing in their pants now.

4 Likes

Re: Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by Candyrain(m): 4:36am On Jul 10, 2015
Is he too big to be a prisoner? He's crazy. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by Nobody: 5:03am On Jul 10, 2015
He probably told his wife to prepare tuwo for him as he left for court in the morning hoping to come back.

Na so big man go dey chop bread with two hands now until September. Nawao grin

By the way Oga Sule, between you and Gej, who is now the mad man with a lighter in a gas station? tongue

3 Likes

Re: Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by brixton: 5:03am On Jul 10, 2015
You mean I am now a prisoner? No, we are only taking you on a guided tour of one of the correctional facilities built by government for vip thieves!

Enjoy your excussion sir!!!

6 Likes

Re: Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by mperoakeem(m): 5:07am On Jul 10, 2015
this is the Only reason i want PMB... Fight corruption and the rest falls in place

4 Likes

Re: Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by egift(m): 5:09am On Jul 10, 2015

When "Stealing" was not "Corruption". Now Nigerians just dey laugh grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by kazmanbanjoko(m): 5:11am On Jul 10, 2015
Nooo, yu r a convict not just a prisoner.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by Urine: 5:14am On Jul 10, 2015
No, you're just a visitor. grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by Chubhie: 5:21am On Jul 10, 2015
From palace to prison. Since Nature thrives on balance, it is only logical for Sule to see the other side of life.

The masses will soon experience a role reversal with our politicians. I look forward to a Nigerian where the masses enjoy their God given resources in palaces.

3 Likes

Re: Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by PassingShot(m): 5:25am On Jul 10, 2015
In the time of Mr. Stealing Not Corruption, this man was never invited by EFCC. Whoever would dare it would be damned.

Now, tell me if we're not already experiencing change in Nigeria.

Waiting for the wailers to have reasons to wail at this development too as they usually do.

3 Likes

Re: Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by fistonati(m): 5:25am On Jul 10, 2015
Failure to do d right thing by d leaders will amount to failure to do d right thing by d followers. i hope EFCC wil send him to long prison sentence to send mesage dt many r out of school becus of financial recklesness. ENOF of federal alocation misuse

3 Likes

Re: Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by Badguytinz(m): 5:27am On Jul 10, 2015
Ghen ghen
Re: Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by modskiller(m): 6:00am On Jul 10, 2015
[size=15pt]see the kind question the bast@rd dey ask? Is he a prisoner? He shall not be a prisoner but a prison landlord in Jesus Name[/size]

1 Like

Re: Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by olasmith10(m): 6:04am On Jul 10, 2015
Na der eh go finish Ramadan and probably salah.. Dis will send shiver through d spine of oda politician.. its a new dawn...

2 Likes

Re: Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by PHfinest(m): 6:05am On Jul 10, 2015
When will we be the turn of Amechi?
Re: Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by markidoo(m): 6:21am On Jul 10, 2015
Let Lucky Dube's song console Oga Sule all d way ' the won't build no schools anymore,the won't build no hospitals all they build will be prison prison,all they build will be prison prison, i am a prisoner, prisoner, x3..

4 Likes

Re: Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by Benedict44(m): 6:44am On Jul 10, 2015
Thats good ...I think we need that judge in the east to help us recover those allocations that all those former governors looted..

1 Like

Re: Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by sheymoni(m): 6:55am On Jul 10, 2015
EFCC & judiciary have resumed work from many years of sabbatical .
As for lamido & sons, enjoy your stay. Ko si kekere elewon.
When we told you people to fund, renovate & furnish the prison to your taste you didn't answer us. This is a perfect example of " as you lay your bed so shall you lie on it"

2 Likes

Re: Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by Nonybb: 7:05am On Jul 10, 2015
R
Re: Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by DONMAYOR19(m): 7:10am On Jul 10, 2015
Pangea:

My only anger was, how was FFK able to escape?
To continue to spend looted fund on his bleached whale of a girlfriend?

D d.ullard know he boundary. Pens down.
Re: Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by MabraO: 7:17am On Jul 10, 2015
Barcanista, moigidi, temitemi, mizmycoli nd co one of ur PDP.s goon has been sent to prison oh.
Y re u guys not commenting?
Frustration is gradually setting in
Soon on the list is NOI

1 Like

Re: Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by SPG4U(m): 7:17am On Jul 10, 2015
No sir u are just a senior prisoner
Re: Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by richybanky(m): 7:37am On Jul 10, 2015
IdiAmin1:
He probably told his wife to prepare tuwo for him as he left for court in the morning hoping to come back.

Na so big man go dey chop bread with two hands now until September. Nawao grin

By the way Oga Sule, between you and Gej, who is now the mad man with a lighter in a gas station? tongue
grin grin grin grin U must be a comedian bro grin grin
Re: Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by MizMyColi(f): 8:00am On Jul 10, 2015
[s]
MabraO:
Barcanista, moigidi, temitemi, mizmycoli nd co one of ur PDP.s goon has been sent to prison oh.
Y re u guys not commenting?
Frustration is gradually setting in
Soon on the list is NOI
[/s]
Common Sense Is The Greatest Miracle Of All Time.

Send JESUS to 777 to receive yours today.
Good Morningsmiley

1 Like

Re: Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by Alezy(m): 8:02am On Jul 10, 2015
MizMyColi:
SMS JESUS to 777 to receive yours today. Good Morningsmiley
Re: Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by Alezy(m): 8:03am On Jul 10, 2015
MizMyColi:
SMS JESUS to 777 to receive yours today. Good Morningsmiley
jeez
Re: Alleged N1.35bn Fraud: You Mean I’m Now A Prisoner? – Lamido by chiben22: 8:07am On Jul 10, 2015
no your not ........you now the chairman dia .....

visit www*solutionzone* heck*in for educational updates , news , empowerment tutorial and any more

(1) (2) (Reply)

Indigenous People Of Biafria Spotted Marching Towards Berger Junction, Abuja / “I Don’t See Nigeria Surviving Up To 2019 — Babatunde Gbadamosi / Rivers Rerun Election:APC Card Carrying Member Appointed As INEC Adhoc Staff(pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.