Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

The Blood Of the Lamb. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Blood Of the Lamb. (851 Views)

So There Is A Street In Lagos Called Blood Of Jesus Street?! (see Photo) / The Marriage Super Of The Lamb By Susan Davis / Can We Talk About The Lamb Of God Which Taketh The Sin Of The Whole WORLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Blood Of the Lamb. by ichuka(m): 12:17am On May 06, 2012
Rev12:11 says "And they overcame him by the Blood of the Lamb,and by the word of their testimony;and they loved not their lives unto the death"
What is the Ground of Victory? What is the basis of that ultimate Triumph? By what means will God get His end?..It says here "Because of the Blood of the Lamb".Everything relates to the nature of the Blood of the Lord Jesus.the absolute sinlessness of the Lord Jesus in His essential life,in His essential nature.His absolute sinlessness that His nature was altogether devoid of the slightest suspicion of corruption,of sin,of defilement,of corruptibility.that is it's Strenght,that is its Power!that is its Victory.
Before we can understand the working of the power of the Blood of the Lord Jesus,we have to understand the absolute immunity from any suggestion of sin in the nature of the Lord Jesus.sin was not found in Him.He was the "Lamb without blemish and without spot..1ptr1:19"though He was born of a virgin,of a woman who was a member of the Adam's race,yet He inherited none of it sin in His nature,so that it could be said of Him as of no other being ever in the universe "That Holy thing..Luke1:35"Essentially,in every substance He was Holy,and His Blood represents His nature,His life without corruption,,with out sin,without taint of any kind,absolutely sinless and,therefore,Satan has no power over Him "The prince of the world cometh,and hath nothing in me...Jhn14:30".Because of this He can cast out the prince of the world,and can make a show of him openly,triumphing over him in His Cross...Colosns2:15..He can vanquish Satan,He can meet sin and deal with it in the mastery of it because it has no ground in Him of crippling and weakening.
In Zachariah3 we can see Joshua in his place of weakness,a place where he is not functioning in his Holy Calling,in a place of defeat,and the Adversary in the place of power,at his right hand to be his Adversary..Zech3:1.he cannot help himself because of the filthy garment.before Joshua can ever be established in the place of power,and given ascendancy,before Satan as the accuser can be cast down,these filthy garments have to be removed in principle and effect,the Blood has to take effect.
The Blood,the precious sinless Blood has to come in and deal with sin,the power and ground of Satanic activity-the means of the accusation on the part of the Adversary.before that can be destroy the Blood has to be operative.

1 Like

Re: The Blood Of the Lamb. by ichuka(m): 1:08pm On May 07, 2012
Standing on the Ground of the Perfections of Christ.
What's the meaning of the Blood being applied?.it is that which is the absolute sinlessness of the Lord Jesus being the Ground upon which we Stand.that gives us Authority,gives us Power.it's the essential perfection of Christ as being the Ground of our Confidence,our Faith,our Trust,and our Testimony.if we stand in urselves we are defeated,there are no perfection in us,there's nothing in us whatever that can bring Satan to naught and deliver us from his position of power over us.But when we Stand in Christ,in all the perfection of His nature,of His being,in the absolute sinlessness of Christ represented in that incorruptible Blood,there is Deliverance and so that Blood poured out becomes active,operative in motion,flowing to meet all the accusations of the enemy."the accuser of our brethren is cast down,who accuseth them before our God day and night.Rev12:10".Why? Because they are not standing on the ground of their own imperfect ion and sinfulness,but they are now standing on the Ground of His absolute perfection,and bearing Testimony thereto;"The word of their Testimony..Rev12:11".it is a question of a Ground of absolute Holiness not in ourselves but in Him,and our appropriating by Faith and apprehending by faith all that the Lord Jesus is in His essential being as the spotless Lamb of God for us to God,from God to us........

1 Like

Re: The Blood Of the Lamb. by 5solas(m): 12:57am On May 08, 2012
Singing:

E'er since, by faith, I saw the stream
thy flowing wounds supply,
redeeming love has been my theme,
and shall be till I die.
And shall be till I die,
and shall be till I die;
and shall be till I die.
Re: The Blood Of the Lamb. by ichuka(m): 1:44am On May 08, 2012
5solas: Singing:

E'er since, by faith, I saw the stream
thy flowing wounds supply,
and shall be till I die.
And shall be till I die,
and shall be till I die;
and shall be till I die.

AMEN!!!
Re: The Blood Of the Lamb. by ichuka(m): 9:17pm On May 29, 2012
SATANIC TYRANNY BROKEN BY A RIGHT APPREHENSION OF THE BLOOD.
Now the Lord had said to Moses,"I will bring one more plague on Pharaoh and on Egypt.after that,he will let you go from here,and when he does,he will drive you out completely...Exd11:1.
"On that same night i will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn-both men and animals-and i will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt.I am the Lord.the Blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are;and when I see the Blood,I will pass over you.no destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt...Exd12:12-13.
"They overcame *him* because of the Blood of the Lamb".
The first and supreme fact in the virtue His Blood is its untainted sinleeness in His nature.there has never been another who was such.for it was God that came in Christ,can we charge God with sin?can we lay sin to God's charge,to God's account? It was God in Christ,the absolutely and altogether Holy One in whom there was no sin,who came in incarnation, and the virtue of that Divine nature in its perfection Satan in his authority is defeated on that ground.we recieve by Faith the virtue of that precious Blood;that is,the perfection of the Lord Jesus can be put to our account.that is Grace-the wonder of the Gospel.
The defeat of Satan and the victory of the saints is not by our effort,our straining,our groaning,nor by anything we do.it is the measure of our Faith appropriation of the absolute perfection of Christ for us as a living,working thing of God on our behalf.it is a great thing to be in Christ Jesus.........
To be continue
Re: The Blood Of the Lamb. by ichuka(m): 9:18pm On May 29, 2012
SATANIC TYRANNY BROKEN BY A RIGHT APPREHENSION OF THE BLOOD.
Now the Lord had said to Moses,"I will bring one more plague on Pharaoh and on Egypt.after that,he will let you go from here,and when he does,he will drive you out completely...Exd11:1.
"On that same night i will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn-both men and animals-and i will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt.I am the Lord.the Blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are;and when I see the Blood,I will pass over you.no destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt...Exd12:12-13.
The first and supreme fact in the virtue His Blood is its untainted sinleeness in His nature.there has never been another who was such.for it was God that came in Christ,can we charge God with sin?can we lay sin to God's charge,to God's account? It was God in Christ,the absolutely and altogether Holy One in whom there was no sin,who came in incarnation, and the virtue of that Divine nature in its perfection Satan in his authority is defeated on that ground.we recieve by Faith the virtue of that precious Blood;that is,the perfection of the Lord Jesus can be put to our account.that is Grace-the wonder of the Gospel.
The defeat of Satan and the victory of the saints is not by our effort,our straining,our groaning,nor by anything we do.it is the measure of our Faith appropriation of the absolute perfection of Christ for us as a living,working thing of God on our behalf.it is a great thing to be in Christ Jesus.........
To be continue
Re: The Blood Of the Lamb. by Ptolomeus(m): 9:57pm On May 29, 2012
i.chuka:

With a vengeful and sadistic god like that there is no need to satan.

i.chuka:
The first and supreme fact in the virtue
Sacrifice of animals! What filth! A religion savage, uncouth and cruel god! Also sacrificed virgins and children ...
That's the Jewish-Christian god?
i.chuka:

The defeat of Satan and the victory of the saints is not by our effort,our straining,our groaning,nor by anything we do.it is the measure of our Faith appropriation of the absolute perfection of Christ

Bravo!
Finally Satan was defeated, after thousands of years of struggle! But ... once defeated Satan, who blame Christians for all the ills of the earth?
i.chuka:
To be continue
What Have I Done to Deserve This?
Re: The Blood Of the Lamb. by ichuka(m): 8:27pm On Jan 03, 2013
The Blood Represents Total Separation to God
The Blood also represent total separation unto God. There was not at any point in His person a deviation. He was whole. He was one. We cannot find mixture.We never find wool and cotton in His spiritual garments.theres no counterpart of those things forbidden in the Old Testament as typical of contradictions and deviations and things which do not harmonise found in HIM. He was one, mind and heart and will, without the slightest reservation, and wholly for God. That was His nature, and that has its very seat in His Blood. His Blood represents that - a life which is sinless and wholly and utterly given over to God without the slightest deviation in thought or desire, inclination, will. The Blood speaks of that, beloved, absolute separation unto God. Go back to the Old Testament for illustration. In the Book of Joshua, chapter 5, you have the people coming to Gilgal where the Lord, through Joshua, ordered the complete circumcising of Israel. All the males that had been born in the wilderness were circumcised at Gilgal and the Lord's word was this: "This day (when it was done) have I rolled away the reproach of Egypt... wherefore the name of that place was called Gilgal," which is "rolling." "The Lord hath rolled away the reproach of Egypt" - on the day of the circumcising, in the day of that symbolic act in the shedding and encircling of the precious Blood - the whole body of the flesh cut off - so Paul explains it in Col. 2, "the putting off of the body of the flesh, in the circumcision of Christ." The reproach of Egypt rolls away when that happens. What is "the reproach of Egypt?" What is the meaning of that? I wonder if you have noticed the persistent following of Egypt on the heels of Israel all the days of the wilderness. I do not mean literally, I mean spiritually. They were constantly looking back to Egypt. "Wherefore have ye brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness?" Even when Moses went up into the mount and Aaron made the calf and they danced to the calf and worshipped it, it was Egypt brought out in representation. What is it that Stephen tells us about it - I think he sums it all up in a word in Acts 7:39: "... and in their hearts turned back again into Egypt."
Their hearts were in Egypt, and it was because their hearts were more than half in Egypt all the forty years, that there is such a sorry story; up and down; one day brighter, and the next day murmuring and complaining again. Whenever, We read the account it seems that the bright patches are almost overlooked and the dark thing is kept in view. It is referred to in the New Testament. Paul writes to the Hebrews about it - their "carcases fell in the wilderness," reminding them of the day of provocation in the wilderness when "your fathers tempted me..."; always coming back to this wretched failure. Why did they fail? Because their hearts were not wholly out of Egypt; because they had not recognised sufficiently nor apprehended adequately the meaning of the type of that precious Blood of the Lamb that was slain. It was not until they came into the land, through the Jordan (which is typically what Christ has done for them in His Cross) to Gilgal (the place of circumcision where the thing is made real in them, - that which was "for" is now made "in"wink, not until they reach the place of cutting (that Cross entering into their flesh, "the cutting off of the whole body of the flesh" symbolically), that the reproach of Egypt is rolled away. What is the reproach of Egypt? The prophet Zephaniah says, "I have heard the reproach of Moab, and the revilings of the children of Ammon..." - what are they doing? They are looking down upon the Lord's people, despising them because of their weakness, because they are not getting through to their goal, because from their standpoint, as they judge things, the whole thing is a fiasco - "You left Egypt to get to Canaan and you have been forty years at it!" Weakness, failure of realisation, helplessness and the enemy in the place of strength! Reproach is upon them because they had not recognised that the Blood fundamentally meant an utter cutting off from Egypt; whole-hearted and complete abandonment to God; standing over on God's side with God, not standing over on this side questioning God, but, on God's side with Him. When you get there, in the full meaning of the Cross - a total cutting off from Egypt; a total cutting off from the fleshly will, the fleshly mind, the fleshly heart, and you are with God wholly - then there is victory; until We get there Satan is in the place of power, but when We get there the reproach of Egypt is rolled away, We come into the land in the place of authority and go from strength to strength in ascendancy. It is so clear in the Old Testament illustration. That is Revelation 12:11 in principle. "They overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb, and because of the word of their testimony; and they loved not their life even unto death: Therefore rejoice, O heavens..." ........
Re: The Blood Of the Lamb. by ichuka(m): 1:19am On Jan 18, 2013
The Paralysis of a Divided Heart

Now,the trouble with a good many of us has been this divided heart. We are not sure, not absolutely sure about the Lord, about our own position, about the testimony that we are perhaps standing for and talking about; we are not sure about it, we have secret questionings. It does not matter what we say in public and to others about it, God knows the secret of our hearts, whether we are absolutely true in secret with Him over this matter; and there is no way of victory, no way to ascendancy, no way through to the realisation of the Divine end - a people to fulfil a priestly ministry in the universal sovereignty and kingdom of our God and His Christ - until we are on the ground of an absolute undividedness of heart for God in the matter of His testimony. The challenge to our hearts is, Are we utterly in or are we only partly in; half in; three-quarters in? Is there some lurking fascination of Egypt? How Egypt had fascinated and held part of their hearts when they were in the wilderness! Out here everything is uncertain; we never know from one day to another whether we are going to have our food! In Egypt there was at least certainty; we did know what our programme was; we were sure that things would be pretty substantial, that while we had our work we got our food! Out here you are forced to depend upon God, and that is a precarious business. God is more certain than Egypt. There are Christians who feel that this walk of faith is such an uncertain thing. You do not know what the Lord is going to bring you into next, what is going to happen to you. In the world you at least have solid ground under your feet. This flesh wants a basis of evidence for itself; solid earth. This heavenly life - you never know - ah! but do you know the Heavenly ONE?

Let me ask you - Do you believe, beloved, that when, having committed yourself to God, having been consecrated to the Lord, having had an understanding with the Lord, and having been obedient to Him up to all the light He has given you, do you believe that when you get to the glory you will be able to say to the Lord: You let me be deceived, my life has been ruined, I have gone wrong? Is that possible? I do not believe it! I believe that whatever the Accuser may try to bring upon us, and whatever others may say about us, if before God in the secret we are honest with Him, if we are cut off by the precious Blood from our own will, our own way, our own schemes, our life interest, and are putting our trust in Him and following the light that He gives, I believe that when we get there, beloved, we shall not have been deceived, but we shall have to say: Lord, You were good to our trust and You led us by a right way that we might come to a city of habitation! The Lord will accept a charge on His honour when we are cut off from ourselves and from all personal and worldly interests, and are wholly for Him.
Re: The Blood Of the Lamb. by ichuka(m): 9:48am On Sep 04, 2022
Praise Jesus Christ
Re: The Blood Of the Lamb. by ichuka(m): 6:50am On Jan 24, 2023
Amen

(1) (Reply)

When They Saw The Star / Nigeria Is Heading For Break Up –bishop Oyedepo / Hmm . . . Sign Of Things To Come?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.