Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! (11011 Views)

Umaru Musa Yar'adua (16 August 1951 – 5 May 2010) May His Soul Rest In Peace / See What Really Killed Sani Abacha & President Umaru Yar'adua / A Brief History Of The Late President Yaradua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by siobahn: 8:10am On May 06, 2012
Someone posted this on fb and this got me thinking:
We actually thought Yaradua was a slowpoke but right now we are at full stop, thanks to a healthy President Goodluck Jonathan. Today is exactly 2 years that you left us in the hands of the Buccaneers.

When you were around we thought you were the bad one, the luckless one, the slow one and the sick one. Yes, you were sick, in fact, too sickly all through your administration, but you were never as sick as these current brain sick pirates.

We all cried for your resignation at the height of your sickness, lampooning you, your... first lady and your supporters (The first set of Cabals), asking you to die if you want to die and allow the man with all the luck in this world to lead us.

We forgot that even though you were sick, you were the first Governor to have ever declared his assets publicly and you remained the only President in the history of Nigeria to have ever declare his assets publicly.

We conveniently forgot that even though you were gravely sick you were the first president to ever reduced the price of petrol in Nigeria,(This you did twice. From #75 to #70 and later from #70 to #65 ) and the economy did not collapse like the present Brigands are making us believe.

We forgot that you didn't afflict yourself with your sickness and so could do very little about it, but we still insisted that you just have to go, just because mr Goodluck will have the chance to rule us.

We forgot that even though you were terminally ill, you still succeeded in solving the NigerDelta crisis which you didn't cause, but which you promised to find a solution to (when the present nitwits keep blaming others for their inability to govern a country well).

You gave us rule of Law, Andy Uba lost in court and was removed as Anambra State's Governor in less than 3 hours. Oni lost in Ekiti and was removed, Agagu lost in Ondo and was removed, Osunbor lost in Edo and was removed even though they are all your party people. You can compare and contrast that with Sylva's case in Bayelsa and see if we are still practising rule of law.

President Umaru Musa Yaradua, we have seen what a healthy president has been doing with us

27 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by Mynd44: 9:07am On May 06, 2012
I am tired of all this. Who knows the date he died? Is there no records about the date the ex-president died because until that date is announced, I refuse to put it to remembrance
Re: A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by OK2NV3: 9:20am On May 06, 2012
Yaradua remains the worst President ever!
Re: A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by Mynd44: 9:47am On May 06, 2012
OK/2/NV:
I am not sure. I think he shares that honorary position with Mr Clueless GEJ

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by shidaa: 9:57am On May 06, 2012
Shout up. Who r u to remember him. Weda u lyk it or not pre Yar Ada was d best presi.

2 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by 1025: 11:31am On May 06, 2012
late yar adua was a sick president, very slow and very bad in all things and now he is dead yet, by far the sick, slow, bad and dead yar adua is 100% better than a full bodied jonathan multiply by 50. at least nigerians were not dying like flies. corruption was not as pronounced as it is presently. we were buying fuel at N65 compared to the criminal price of N95 or the january proposed okonjo iweala/jonathan death price of N141. yar adua gave the militants a new lease of life while jonathan ushered in boko haram.
we had rule of law that broke the history of jailing the first federal criminal in the name of bode george. ribadu and el rufai ran away from justice only to return under this useless and corrupt administration.
we miss yar adua so much.

7 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by Nobody: 11:38am On May 06, 2012
So touching. I do really wish Yaradua ruled for 8 years. He even removed the VAT increase. If Yaradua was live, who knows, the prices of things will not have been skyrocketing. The problem with Nigerians is that everybody want fast change, but they forget that real change can only come through gradual process.

2 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by OK2NV3: 11:39am On May 06, 2012
Yaradua took Nigeria back to the 80's. He appointed key positions to northerners only. During his inauguration the sultan of sokoto sat in the front row a seat away from him. It baffled me at first why the sultan should be given a higher protocol position than even former or visiting head's of states but it came clear sooner with his appointments. OBJ reduced government ministries, he increased it. OBJ introduced moneytization policy, he scrapped it. Prior to his adminisration Directors, DGs and head of parastatals agency's could only sign off no more than 1million he increased it to 10million.
He gave Nigerians Sanusi, Aadonka, Waziri and his kleptomaniac wife turai who ruled nigeria during his coma with remanant abacha supporters which came to be known as the CABAL. He inherited over 50billion dollars and during the begining month of GEJ'S acting presidency there wasn't any money to share.
He reinstituted corruption, tribalism and nepotism like no other!
If he wasn't sick only God Knows the extent at which he would have gone to islamize and northernize this country.

3 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by deandavid(m): 11:46am On May 06, 2012
1025: late yar adua was a sick president, very slow and very bad in all things and now he is dead yet, by far the sick, slow, bad and dead yar adua is 100% better than a full bodied jonathan multiply by 50. at least nigerians were not dying like flies. corruption was not as pronounced as it is presently. we were buying fuel at N65 compared to the criminal price of N95 or the january proposed okonjo iweala/jonathan death price of N141. yar adua gave the militants a new lease of life while jonathan ushered in boko haram.
we had rule of law that broke the history of jailing the first federal criminal in the name of bode george. ribadu and el rufai ran away from justice only to return under this useless and corrupt administration.
we miss yar adua so much.
walahi i felt like sheding tears, i was among those that complain he was too slow, but now we have gej, dis guy is worse, he harbours nd celebrate corrupt people.
Re: A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by bilaya(m): 11:50am On May 06, 2012
Yar'adua remains the most bigoted,tribalistic and corrupt president ever.Look at that appointments he made.He put the Hausa/Fulani in every key position.He wanted to islamize and northernize the army by appointing a bigoted military police officer as chief of army staff.He wanted to northernize the banks by appointing an empty vessel and a bigot called sanusi.Yar'adua was simply terrible talkless of that his thief of a wife who took 2 billion naira from alero in return for making alero minister of fct.
Re: A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by Nobody: 11:50am On May 06, 2012
eyaaa! i really miss the dude. if obasanjo didnt force him on us at least he would have been alive. no one has really heard of turai his widow.i wonder where she is.
Re: A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by Parnassuss(m): 11:56am On May 06, 2012
bilaya: Yar'adua remains the most bigoted,tribalistic and corrupt president ever.Look at that appointments he made.He put the Hausa/Fulani in every key position.He wanted to islamize and northernize the army by appointing a bigoted military police officer as chief of army staff.He wanted to northernize the banks by appointing an empty vessel and a bigot called sanusi.Yar'adua was simply terrible talkless of that his thief of a wife who took 2 billion naira from alero in return for making alero minister of fct.

So what about our humble GEJ, won't u accuse him of Southernizing Nigeria? The pendulum swings two ways my friend, besides if Sanusi was such a curse why is he still there now? Tell the truth and shame Satan Yaradua was slow and nothing else. Don't demonise a good man

6 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by Ibukune(m): 12:09pm On May 06, 2012
just dat nigerians wud neva be satisfied wit any leader they av,it was slow yaradua nw its dull gej.Even if jesus wud rule us or mohamed am sure we wud complain.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by hamgbol(m): 12:13pm On May 06, 2012
Yeah, I think some people are right about late Yaradua because he was the only fist governor that left N6b in the treasury of the state he ruled. Not even the fashola's has done or will do such. The only president that admitted that his election was not free and set up an Uwais committee to give Nigeria the most free and fair election. The only president that sack his SGF for cross misconduct towards his Vice while he was away. The only president without corruption charges, not even the present governors/president can beat this record.

4 Likes

Re: A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by OK2NV3: 12:14pm On May 06, 2012
Parnassuss:

So what about our humble GEJ, won't u accuse him of Southernizing Nigeria? The pendulum swings two ways my friend, besides if Sanusi was such a curse why is he still there now? Tell the truth and shame Satan Yaradua was slow and nothing else. Don't demonise a good man

1. Sanusi is on a tenure just like waziri he will be on his way out

2. Southernizing the country equals to promoting efficiency since 99% of northerners that are in or had been in gov are mediocres and are there only to satisfy quota system.

3. Yaradua had a great start. A blooming democracy, balanced budget in surplus, no bokos, and a promise of a thriving nation which he turned to shitt in less than 2yrs.

4. Yradua wasn't slow he was determined to slow the progress and have everything return to status quo. slowin the country for the lazy northerners to catch up.
Re: A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by lacasa: 12:19pm On May 06, 2012
OK/2/NV:

1. Sanusi is on a tenure just like waziri he will be on his way out

2. Southernizing the country equals to promoting efficiency since 99% of northerners that are in or had been in gov are mediocres and are there only to satisfy quota system.

3. Yaradua had a great start. A blooming democracy, balanced budget in surplus, no bokos, and a promise of a thriving nation which he turned to shitt in less than 2yrs.

4. Yradua wasn't slow he was determined to slow the progress and have everything return to status quo. slowin the country for the lazy northerners to catch up.

Wat α fool we have here. Ii guess GEJ is Ūя̲̅ father cos If nt then Ʊ r from iijaw republic ΐ'♏ sure cos u think n comment like α savage from ϑα† retarded part ŏƒ niigeria

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by SNCOQ3(m): 12:22pm On May 06, 2012
The "Black Kettle" is darker than the "Black Pot"
No!
the "Black Pot" is darker than the "Black Kettle"

Children, whats important is both are "Black" instead of a "Sparkling Silver"
Re: A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by Businesstools(m): 12:24pm On May 06, 2012
In my personal opinion,he was the best we ever had.May his soul continue to rest in peace-Amen.
Re: A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by OK2NV3: 12:26pm On May 06, 2012
lacasa:

Wat α fool we have here. Ii guess GEJ is Ūя̲̅ father cos Ȋ̝̊̅f nt then Ʊ r from iijaw republic ΐ'♏ sure cos u think n comment like α savage from ϑα† retarded part ŏƒ niigeria

You are a vile beast! You have just displayed your deep love for tribalism and nepotism by insinuating GEJ is my father and by insulting a whole tribe of Nigerians.
Must I share lineage or common roots with someone to agree with them?
You are everything wrong with this country.
Weather you like it or not, no free oil money for you again.
Now go crawl back into your hole.
and where in any of my previous post did i show support for GEJ over yaradua? I just stated that the asswipe was the worst piece of shiit to occupy any office as president. He (yaradua) can never had been good as president of the PTA or whatever. The dude was seriously Flawed. He was a green snake in a green grass and he fooled all of you from the start!
Re: A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by onyewec3: 12:26pm On May 06, 2012
I thought yar'adua whined and dined wit the SHEIK ibori.a thief,a rogue who sponsored his campaigned wit delta state fund.yar'adua apointed michael andoakaa who says yar'adua can rule anywhere in d world even frm hell fire.
Yar'adua agreed dat d election dat brought him to power was fraud yet he didn't resign.he continued to sit on a place smeone stole for him(d best president indeed).
Yar'adua refused to transmit to d NASS dat he's incapacitated and dat he's nt fit to rule again.
Yar'dua almost plunged Nigeria into military take-over wen dere was power vacuum(thanks to dora akunyili who reminded us that as info minister she have no info on d whereabout of him and dat yar'adua was incapacitated).
Yar'adua was smuggled into Nigeria like a contraband tire and who dare knows wen he actually died?so since I dnt knw wen he actually died,I dnt give a Bleep any longer.
TUrai, his wife and accomplice held Nigeria to ransom(God will not forgive you and ya'adua)
Re: A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by OK2NV3: 12:35pm On May 06, 2012
Yaradua owned a 10million dollar property in London when in office as governor of Katsina state and never declared it in his asset declaration form.

Yradua was a close friend to one mangal who happened to operate his own clearing agency in Niger Republic by smuggling contraband into Nigeria throughout the Yradua's tenure as president and governor.

The same mangal is a low life thug.

The same saint yaradua brought in the likes of lukemann to head the ministry of Petroleum, the same lukemann than wanted to retrench southerners within the NNPC and relocate the PTI from warri to Kaduna on the excuse that he studied Petroleum engineering in a country (UK) without oil reserves.
The stuff goes on.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by mashnino(m): 12:36pm On May 06, 2012
see gullible idiots saying things they don't know about..

you all should just keep quiet and watch these guys spoil everything that almost

neva started..

None of you can tell me how the government is run we only know what we are told

we don't know what's happening inside them domain..

so you guys should keep mute abeg..

if you were there what difference would you have made?
Re: A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by OK2NV3: 12:41pm On May 06, 2012
mashnino: see gullible idiots saying things they don't know about..

you all should just keep quiet and watch these guys spoil everything that almost

neva started..

None of you can tell me how the government is run we only know what we are told

we don't know what's happening inside them domain..

so you guys should keep mute abeg..

if you were there what difference would you have made?

and you are implying what exactly?
should we shut up and let them lead us blindly around?
if you have nothing to contribute than either refrain from posting or just leave.
Re: A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by mashnino(m): 12:52pm On May 06, 2012
OK/2/NV:

and you are implying what exactly?
should we shut up and let them lead us blindly around?
if you have nothing to contribute than either refrain from posting or just leave.

all implying is that nobody should talk like dey actually run the government with these thieves

we should kinda be uniting togeda to look for a way to evict these idiots from earth(which is imposibble)

i see lots of post countering each oda. den i start to wonder how is the system gonna change

these guys are winning our minds and thoughts and they are really doing it well

for example: we all were in this country when yar'adua was d presido but still some pple still support

while some are against. i don't seem to get why nigerians are suffering and smiling

just a say...MaYbe sum1 should help me out
Re: A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by suleiman16(m): 12:56pm On May 06, 2012
OK/2/NV:

the record is there for u to see,ur children or siblings must not see what u just typed.

1 Like

Re: A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by purefella(m): 12:57pm On May 06, 2012
Nairalanders just say R.I.P and leave here
Re: A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by Lilprocess(m): 12:58pm On May 06, 2012
Yar adua is still d best president 9j ever had
Re: A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by AbdulAdam56(m): 1:01pm On May 06, 2012
Best president of our time,yar,adua was the best ever
Re: A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by oiseworld: 1:04pm On May 06, 2012
berem: eyaaa! i really miss the dude. if obasanjo didnt force him on us at least he would have been alive. no one has really heard of turai his widow.i wonder where she is.

she is busy enjoying the loot she and the cbn withdrew from the federation account. 1billion 128 times in 24 hours. cool
Re: A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by ahmedoo(m): 1:05pm On May 06, 2012
deandavid: walahi i felt like sheding tears, i was among those that complain he was too slow, but now we have gej, dis guy is worse, he harbours nd celebrate corrupt people.
same hia
Re: A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by oiseworld: 1:08pm On May 06, 2012
Lilprocess: Yar adua is still d best president 9j ever had

obj was the best ever, now its yar adull, when gej leaves you go begin to regret again say na jonathan be the best ever,ever,ever!!!
Re: A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!! by OK2NV3: 1:14pm On May 06, 2012
suleiman16:

the record is there for u to see,ur children or siblings must not see what u just typed.
what are u suggesting? a good bombing?
take ur fatwa back to ur camel loving prophet's behind

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Atiku, Tinubu Threat To Igbo Presidency – Chekwas Okorie / Obi To APC: Responsible Governance Means To Disclose What You Inherited / Pastor Bakare: God Told Me To Run With Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.