Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Isn't It Funny?? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Isn't It Funny?? (2472 Views)

The Lord's Chosen And Their Lemon Apron: Isn't It Idolatry? / Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? / Isn't It Funny?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isn't It Funny?? by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 07, 2012
ea7: actually davidylan, your xtianity provides the non xplanation of magic not science. Please watch the other thread, i'm gonna explain what you asked.

How about you help logicboy answer the questions rather than posting nonsense here? grin
Re: Isn't It Funny?? by logicboy: 8:25pm On May 07, 2012
davidylan:

Daft. Where is this evidence? Youtube videos?
You have no idea what the big bang is all about BUT you know it is not guesswork? How? grin ARe you confused or just pathologically stup[i]i[/i]d?

You choose to ignore the human transitional fossils that are evidence for evolution. I also put forward scientific journals. So you are behaving like an ostrich that buries its head in the sand to avoid things that debunk your faith.

I might understand the calculations in the big bang but I have a basic idea of what is says and I do know that it is a result of calcualtions, observations and testing. Your religion is pure guesswork and lies from beginning to end.
Re: Isn't It Funny?? by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 07, 2012
logicboy:

You choose to ignore the human transitional fossils that are evidence for evolution. I also put forward scientific journals. So you are behaving like an ostrich that buries its head in the sand to avoid things that debunk your faith.

I might understand the calculations in the big bang but I have a basic idea of what is says and I do know that it is a result of calcualtions, observations and testing. Your religion is pure guesswork and lies from beginning to end.

I am not ignoring them, their validity if highly questionable by the scientific community. You're just a 24 yr old ignorant fellow (who knows less about science than my pinkie) who depends on youtube videos and wikipedia so i dont expect you to know facts from fiction. There are youtube videos of bigfoot out there, does that mean we have scientific proof of extra-terrestial beings on earth?

Piltdown man was once paraded as the clearest evidence yet of transitional fossils by empty heads like you (crowing about science by the way) until we found out it was an elaborate forgery. Show me the nature or science papers touting scientifically VALIDATED transitional fossils then we can talk.
Re: Isn't It Funny?? by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 07, 2012
logicboy:

You do know that those "calculations" are based PURELY on abstract assumptions right? What is the difference between an assumption and guess work?

You really are a functional illiterate.
Re: Isn't It Funny?? by logicboy: 8:42pm On May 07, 2012
davidylan:

You do know that those "calculations" are based PURELY on abstract assumptions right? What is the difference between an assumption and guess work?

You really are a functional illiterate.

I actually like it when you insult me, it is evidence that you're losing the argument.

What do you mean by purely abstract assumptions? What is abstract about the homogeneity and isotropy of space? Are these not the same assumptions used in electromagnetics and mathematics?

An assumption is not always the same thing as a guess. Are you really a scientist?
Re: Isn't It Funny?? by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 07, 2012
logicboy:

I actually like it when you insult me, it is evidence that you're losing the argument.

you're wrong, just evidence that i have a short patience quotient when it comes to dealing with ignorant fellows who bleat too loud.

logicboy:
What do you mean by purely abstract assumptions? What is abstract about the homogeneity and isotropy of space? Are these not the same assumptions used in electromagnetics and mathematics?

An assumption is not always the same thing as a guess. Are you really a scientist?

Just plain daft. How do those two explain the existence of life? How do those 2 explain how the earth developed the complex mechanisms that make life possible here but absolutely impossible on the moon or on Mars?
Re: Isn't It Funny?? by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 07, 2012
logicboy:

What is the difference between the 2? Answer me ode. grin
Re: Isn't It Funny?? by logicboy: 8:58pm On May 07, 2012
davidylan:

you're wrong, just evidence that i have a short patience quotient when it comes to dealing with ignorant fellows who bleat too loud.

Just plain daft. How do those two explain the existence of life? How do those 2 explain how the earth developed the complex mechanisms that make life possible here but absolutely impossible on the moon or on Mars?

Keep the abuses coming.

The assumptions are not there to explain the existence of life. The assumptions are there to build a model in which certain things can be systematically explained.

Are you sure you're a scientist?
Re: Isn't It Funny?? by JeSoul(f): 9:14pm On May 07, 2012
booqee: Thank you logic boy. Weldone! You've successfully derailed my thread! Mtcheww......! Rubbish.....
angry

David & Logicboy, please fellas, I'm going to have to ask you both to open another thread and leave Bogee's thread to continue. Thanks. And David, you know you can do better than the language here...
Re: Isn't It Funny?? by LogicMind: 9:22pm On May 07, 2012
JeSoul:

David & Logicboy, please fellas, I'm going to have to ask you both to open another thread and leave Bogee's thread to continue. Thanks. And David, you know you can do better than the language here...

Ahhh! I'm not the only one that read it "Boogee".
Re: Isn't It Funny?? by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 07, 2012
logicboy:

Keep the abuses coming.

The assumptions are not there to explain the existence of life. The assumptions are there to build a model in which certain things can be systematically explained.

Are you sure you're a scientist?

and these "assumptions" are based on which empirical evidence? If they are not there to help explain the existence of life then what is their value? Are they there to help explain the existence of water? grin Foolish boy.
Re: Isn't It Funny?? by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 07, 2012
JeSoul:

My oga, i am very very sorry. I will tone down for your sake.
Re: Isn't It Funny?? by JeSoul(f): 9:40pm On May 07, 2012
^Highly appreciated! Thanks sir.

logicboy, thanks as well.
Re: Isn't It Funny?? by logicboy: 9:43pm On May 07, 2012
davidylan:

and these "assumptions" are based on which empirical evidence? If they are not there to help explain the existence of life then what is their value? Are they there to help explain the existence of water? grin Foolish boy.

Please, read about isotropy and homogeneity before you look stupid. These are

"Cosmology
The Big Bang theory of the evolution of the observable universe assumes that space is isotropic.[1] It also assumes that space is homogeneous.[2] These two assumptions together are known as the Cosmological Principle. As of 2006, the observations suggest that, on distance scales much larger than galaxies, galaxy clusters are "Great" features, but small compared to so-called multi-verse scenarios"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isotropy
Re: Isn't It Funny?? by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 07, 2012
logicboy:

Please, read about isotropy and homogeneity before you look stupid. These are

"Cosmology
The Big Bang theory of the evolution of the observable universe assumes that space is isotropic.[1] It also assumes that space is homogeneous.[2] These two assumptions together are known as the Cosmological Principle. As of 2006, the observations suggest that, on distance scales much larger than galaxies, galaxy clusters are "Great" features, but small compared to so-called multi-verse scenarios"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isotropy

again the over reliance on wikipedia. You seem to not know anything.
I asked AGAIN - how do those two "assumptions" help us understand the origin of man and the planet? What is the empirical evidence on which those assumptions are made?
Do you understand the term "empirical"? Perhaps you need to go to wikipedia again bro. grin
Re: Isn't It Funny?? by DRPYGRU: 4:42pm On Nov 10, 2013
booqee: Isn't it funny......
¤how N10,000 looks so big when you drop it in the offering basket, but so small when you take it to the market?
¤how long hours spent in the church is but short when you are watching a movie or a football match?
¤how you run short of words when you pray but full of words when you chat with friends?
¤how you get thrilled when a football match goes into extra but you complain when a sermon is longer than the regular time?
¤how you struggle to get into the front seat in a bus or when watching a movie but scramble to get a back seat in the church?
¤how hard it is for you to memorize Bible passages and easy to memorize or sing wordly songs?
¤how you readily believe what the newspapers say but questions what the bible says?
¤how you struggle to build a house in this temporary world but neglect your eternal home in heaven?
¤beloved if it is funny, then laff it off, but if its serious, then its time to change ur focus towards ur religion.
hmmm true...guilty embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seek The Perfect Will Of God, Pls Warn Your Pastors If...... / JESUS Appeared And Save A Muslim's Children Buried Alive /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.