Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,966 members, 7,821,392 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist (2933 Views)

Christ Must Reorient You / Christ Must Reign / How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by grafikii: 9:13pm On May 07, 2012
According to this verse in the bible, there appears to be no difference btw Jesus and mohammed.
Luke 19:27
But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them.
I hope this Makes the front page, I would like wider opinion
Re: Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by oloriooko(m): 9:48pm On May 07, 2012
who is this block-head?
looking for popularity abi? what a wrong way to start, oponu ode
Re: Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by logicboy: 9:51pm On May 07, 2012
oloriooko: who is this block-head?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by Whymee: 9:52pm On May 07, 2012
grafikii: According to this verse in the bible, there appears to be no difference btw Jesus and mohammed.
Luke 19:27
But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them.
I hope this Makes the front page, I would like wider opinion

I can't believe this is from the HOLY ONLY BIBLE.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by logicboy: 9:54pm On May 07, 2012
Jesus na homeboy;

Re: Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by Ptolomeus(m): 10:13pm On May 07, 2012
Jesus loved the wine, so much so that arguably abused alcohol.
He also was guilty of gluttony, for it was insatiable when it comes to eating.
Friend of sinners (and obviously sinner too ...
(Matthew 11),

Glutton and drunkard (Luke 7)
Can anyone doubt their sexual activity after these presentations of Matthew and Luke?
With these trends I doubt that Jesus was interested in being a terrorist.
He preferred worldly pleasures.
Re: Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by 3kay945(m): 10:42pm On May 07, 2012
Even though am not religious., i wont tolerate blasphemy.
Re: Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by ijawkid(m): 10:43pm On May 07, 2012
Poster....

That was a parable Jesus was giving.....

Didn't u read from d 1st verse to this verse ur quoting ?

Even if 1 wants to feel that Jesus was encouraging a literal slaying of his enemies thru his disciples ,did it happen

Jesus never for once lifted up any weapon till he went back to heaven....
Neither did his apostles or d early christians take part in. Any c
onflict or
Warfare......

Read from the 1st verse and get the sense of the discussion and parables Jesus was dishing out
Re: Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by Ptolomeus(m): 10:45pm On May 07, 2012
3kay945: Even though am not religious., i wont tolerate blasphemy.
Blasphemy?
I have quoted two passages ...
Tell me where is the blasphemy?
Matthew is blasphemous? is Lucas?
"For John came neither eating nor drinking, and say, He hath a devil.
The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a drunkard, a friend of publicans and sinful. But wisdom is justified of her children. "
Re: Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by ijawkid(m): 11:00pm On May 07, 2012
@ptolemues...
Can't u see from johns statement that d pharisees were d hypocrites?

Jesus ate with them but never got involved in gluttony...d pharisees were always opposers who would want to stain Jesus's reputation...

Jesus was never a drunkard and u knw that....

Jesus spent time wit sincere hearted repentant persons than with d foolish pharisees who taught they knew it all....

Jesus wasn't an anti social,he was not a recluse,but @ d same time he knew why he came to d earth...

To do his Fathers will and preach d goodnews...

He got to every1....

Those persons Jesus preached to changed there bad ways,while d pharisees are being prepared for destruction...
Re: Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 07, 2012
Jesus wasn't a drunkard yet his first miracle was turning water to wine.. come on, get serious, something's amiss..
Re: Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by ijawkid(m): 11:11pm On May 07, 2012
Musketto....

Did Jesus condemn drinking wine??

Ofcus u know what Jesus detested...

DRUNKENNESS!!!!

Jesus wasn't a hypocrite like d pharisees...

He knew where to strike a balance.....
Re: Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by mkmyers45(m): 11:20pm On May 07, 2012
ijawkid: Musketto....

Did Jesus condemn drinking wine??

Ofcus u know what Jesus detested...

DRUNKENNESS!!!!

Jesus wasn't a hypocrite like d pharisees...

He knew where to strike a balance.....
"Everyone serves the good wine
first, and then the inferior wine after the guests have become drunk. But you have kept the good wine until
now" (John 2:10, NRSV). And he didnt drink any did he?
Re: Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by grafikii: 6:56am On May 08, 2012
Yeah only bible, they only quote verses that suits them
Whymee:

I can't believe this is from the HOLY ONLY BIBLE.

Re: Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by grafikii: 6:59am On May 08, 2012
Parable! What else would you call it, abeg find another lie.
ijawkid: Poster....

That was a parable Jesus was giving.....

Didn't u read from d 1st verse to this verse ur quoting ?

Even if 1 wants to feel that Jesus was encouraging a literal slaying of his enemies thru his disciples ,did it happen

Jesus never for once lifted up any weapon till he went back to heaven....
Neither did his apostles or d early christians take part in. Any c
onflict or
Warfare......

Read from the 1st verse and get the sense of the discussion and parables Jesus was dishing out
Re: Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by grafikii: 7:01am On May 08, 2012
Is that all you have
oloriooko: who is this block-head?
Re: Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by grafikii: 7:11am On May 08, 2012
Check this one out, what did Jesus need a sword for, to cut grass abi na to hunt animals?

Then Jesus asked them, "When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?" "Nothing," they answered. He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. It is written: `And he was numbered with the transgressors' ; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment." The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords." "That is enough," he replied. (Luke 22:35-38,
Re: Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by cyrexx: 7:55am On May 08, 2012
all of you muslims here, be careful of slandering and blaspheming prophet Isa. you know very very well he is not a man violence and he never commanded his followers to kill anybody. read what you're quoting very well. infact the Quran speaks so highhly of him and so should every true muslim. be careful of blaspheming Jesus (prophet Isa) and do not incur the wrath of Allah and face the judgements of hell according to the Quran.

Let every true muslim consider these verses from the Quran
Lo! the likeness of Jesus with Allah is as the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then He said unto him: Be! and he is. (Qur’an 3:59).
And they say: the Beneficent hath taken unto Himself a Son. Assuredly ye utter a disastrous thing, whereby almost the heavens are torn, and the earth is split asunder and the mountains fall to ruins, that ye ascribe to the Beneficent a son, when it is not meet for (the Majesty of) the Beneficent that He should chose a son. There is none in the heavens and the earth but cometh unto the Beneficent as a slave. (Qur’an 19:88-93)
In the day when Allah gathers together the messengers and says: What was your response (from mankind)? they say: We have no knowledge. Lo! Thou, only Thou art the Knower of Things Hidden.
When Allah says: O Jesus, son of Mary! Remember My favour unto you and unto your mother; how I strengthened you with the holy Spirit, so that you spoke unto mankind in the cradle as in maturity; and how I taught you the Scripture and Wisdom and the Torah and the Gospel; and how you did shape of clay as it were the likeness of a bird by My permission, and did blow upon it and it was a bird by My permission, and you did heal him who was born blind and the leper by My permission . . . (Qur’an 5:109-110)
Re: Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by ijawkid(m): 8:06am On May 08, 2012
grafikii: Parable! What else would you call it, abeg find another lie.

If its nt a parable then what is it??

I told u read from d 1st verse....

If it wasn't a parable Jesus and his disciples would have instigated a crusade against those who never believed he was king and Gods son....

But what happened

It was even d jews who killed Jesus and persecuted his apostles in which some died as matrys..

U guys are just looking for trouble just like d pharisees....

Jesus says a parable u guys read it literally...

I believe it was Jesus who said if our eye is stumbling us we shuld cut it off so as not to be destroyed with it...

Some fools will wana take those verses literally and think Jesus was in support of d sharia law where wrongdoers are mamed....
Re: Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by grafikii: 8:26am On May 08, 2012
I guess asking them to buy a sword was also a parable.
ijawkid:

If it wasn't a parable Jesus and his disciples would have instigated a crusade against those who never believed he was king and Gods son....

But what happened

It was even d jews who killed Jesus and persecuted his apostles in which some died as matrys..

I believe it was Jesus who said if our eye is stumbling us we shuld cut it off so as not to be destroyed with it...

Some fools will wana take those verses literally and think Jesus was in support of d sharia law where wrongdoers are mamed....

Re: Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by Nobody: 8:32am On May 08, 2012
Before scattering the temple, Jesus would have consulted with the authority to lodge a protest first, Why didnt he follow due order if he wanted you to give what was ceasar to ceasar?
Re: Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by Nobody: 8:35am On May 08, 2012
ijawkid:

But what happened

those words were too strong to be parables dont you think? If Jesus wanted to communicate with all as he said why didnt he just make things plain and simple? what was really in the parable that jesus would want you to cut your eyes off literally or otherwise? why not just say it plainly so that those poor people who always follow him would understand what he meant.
Re: Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by grafikii: 8:49am On May 08, 2012
Pls explain the parable to us.
Re: Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by cyrexx: 8:53am On May 08, 2012
@ grafikii and
@ dilluminati

so if you believe Jesus commands his followers to kill unbelievers,have you seen any christian kill unbelievers or wage holy war, following the instructions of Jesus.
i'm a free thinker but i'm also honest to the best of my ability, i wont say what i do not see. read the entire passages very well and see what he means

e.g. when he's talking to them about buying swords and they presented physical swords to him, he said "that is enough" referring to their misunderstanding i.e. enough of their misunderstanding. he was already talking to them about going to preach the gospel, and the sword he is talking is the spiritual sword of the spirit. this is evident by him later healing the ear of a man that one of his disciples cut off for misunderstanding what he is saying here. be honest and look at the entire passage very well.
peace
Re: Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by grafikii: 9:17am On May 08, 2012
Nice try, explain his asking them to kill those that do not follow him.
cyrexx: @ grafikii and
@ dilluminati

so if you believe Jesus commands his followers to kill unbelievers,have you seen any christian kill unbelievers or wage holy war, following the instructions of Jesus.
i'm a free thinker but i'm also honest to the best of my ability, i wont say what i do not see. read the entire passages very well and see what he means

e.g. when he's talking to them about buying swords and they presented physical swords to him, he said "that is enough" referring to their misunderstanding i.e. enough of their misunderstanding. he was already talking to them about going to preach the gospel, and the sword he is talking is the spiritual sword of the spirit. this is evident by him later healing the ear of a man that one of his disciples cut off for misunderstanding what he is saying here. be honest and look at the entire passage very well.
peace
Re: Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by Nobody: 9:58am On May 08, 2012
grafikii: Pls explain the parable to us.

why would jesus talk in parables to the same people he came to save? isnt that contradictory? i would expect if i am to save someone i'll tell him as it is.
Re: Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by cyrexx: 12:38pm On May 08, 2012
grafikii: Nice try, explain his asking them to kill those that do not follow him.

pls drop your pre-conceived hatred for Jesus and see what he is trying to say. i will copy the entire parable (a parable is simply a story to illustrate a point one is trying to pass across)for you to see except you are permanently biased against Jesus for no reasonable reason

Luke 19 vs 11 to 28
11 While they were listening to this, he went on to tell them a parable, because he was near Jerusalem and the people thought that the kingdom of God was going to appear at once.

12 He said: “A man of noble birth went to a distant country to have himself appointed king and then to return.

13 So he called ten of his servants and gave them ten minas. ‘Put this money to work,’ he said, ‘until I come back.’

14 “But his subjects hated him and sent a delegation after him to say, ‘We don’t want this man to be our king.’

15 “He was made king, however, and returned home. Then he sent for the servants to whom he had given the money, in order to find out what they had gained with it.

16 “The first one came and said, ‘Sir, your mina has earned ten more.’

17 “‘Well done, my good servant!’ his master replied. ‘Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities.’

18 “The second came and said, ‘Sir, your mina has earned five more.’

19 “His master answered, ‘You take charge of five cities.’

20 “Then another servant came and said, ‘Sir, here is your mina; I have kept it laid away in a piece of cloth. 21 I was afraid of you, because you are a hard man. You take out what you did not put in and reap what you did not sow.’

22 “His master replied, ‘I will judge you by your own words, you wicked servant! You knew, did you, that I am a hard man, taking out what I did not put in, and reaping what I did not sow? 23 Why then didn’t you put my money on deposit, so that when I came back, I could have collected it with interest?’

24 “Then he said to those standing by, ‘Take his mina away from him and give it to the one who has ten minas.’

25 “‘Sir,’ they said, ‘he already has ten!’

26 “He replied, ‘I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what they have will be taken away.

27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.’”

28 After Jesus had said this, he went on ahead, going up to Jerusalem.

so tell me, how is Jesus a terrorist?
while i do not support religions and their superstitions, on the other hand, i would not be dishonest to slander them and say what they did not say.
Re: Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by cyrexx: 12:49pm On May 08, 2012
diluminati:

why would jesus talk in parables to the same people he came to save? isnt that contradictory? i would expect if i am to save someone i'll tell him as it is.

a parable is simply a story to make concept simpler to understand. dont forget his audiences are not learned. he is actually telling them his message as it is but making it simpler as a story they can relate to.

drop your bias against Jesus. has he offended you in any way?
Re: Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by ijawkid(m): 1:32pm On May 08, 2012
grafikii: I guess asking them to buy a sword was also a parable.

And did they buy swords??

Did any apostle buy swords??

Why can't u people think and act like educated persons!?

If Jesus instructed his apostles to literally pick up swords and then they didn't...and even the Jesus himself never touched or picked up a sword doesn't that tell u he meant something else??

Think my bro!!!!

D same Jesus said he that kills buy d sword dies by it...

Jesus most times employed d use of hyperboles and parables to drive home his message in d simplest form.....

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by Whymee: 2:41pm On May 08, 2012
cyrexx: @ grafikii and
@ dilluminati

peace

What was his disciple doing with sword in the first place.

The issue here is not the healing process, but the possession of sword.

If the disciples of Jesus were moving around with sword then, Jesus, being all knowing must be aware and no comment from him conderming the act. Who know, Jesus himself may have sword under his pant.

This is a team work
Re: Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by Whymee: 2:55pm On May 08, 2012
Jesus turned water to wine, NOT A PARABLE.
Jesus died for three days and three night, NOT A PARABLE.
in the beginning God created the earth and heaven, NOT A PARABLE.
Jesus was burn by virgin Mary, NOT A PARABLE.

Jesus asked his disciples to sell their properties and buy sword, THEN, MIRACULOUSLY HIS STATEMENT TURNS TO BE PARABLE.
Jesus disciple cut someone ear, I GUESS IT IS A PARABLE, SHOO.

Pls explain the literal meaning and PARABLE meaning of JESUS IS SON OF GOD,..

ESCAPE ROUTE.
Re: Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist by cyrexx: 5:07pm On May 08, 2012
@ whymee
you are very free to believe whatever you want to believe about Jesus, but any reasonable and unbiased mind would understand the truth that has been shown to you here. if these explanations do not show you that Jesus is not who you are falsely calling him, its very obvious you are definitely going to believe what you believe despite any reasonable explanation that might contradict your biased opinion of Jesus.
go ahead, keep hating on Jesus. nobody can stop you anyway. but personally, i just dont understand his offense towards you. if you can care to explain

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

True Ancient Tales Of The Mermaids And Merman. / 10 Mysterious Alledgedly Alien Artifacts / Easter: A Supposed Time Of Spiritual Revival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.