Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,961 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? (4221 Views)

Crowds Visit Lagos Mosque For Apparitions Of Clerics / Taqiyya And Kitman: Are muslims permitted to lie? / Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by Nobody: 11:05am On May 09, 2012
I would like to know if muslims are permitted to criticize Afas, Imams and other clerics for obvious wrong doings or if its regarded as blasphemy
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by tbaba1234: 11:24am On May 09, 2012
yes but we do not slander. we can point out his wrongs with evidence.... Preferably confidentially if possible....

There is no hierarchy in Islam....

Apart from God and His prophets.... Everyone is open to criticism but we do not slander....
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by Nobody: 11:35am On May 09, 2012
tbaba1234: yes but we do not slander. we can point out his wrongs with evidence.... Preferably confidentially if possible....

There is no hierarchy in Islam....

Apart from God and His prophets.... Everyone is open to criticism but we do not slander....

thanks for ur response. two things has been deduced from ur post.

what constitutes slander?

Does it mean the prophets are above criticism like every other normal human being?
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by tbaba1234: 11:51am On May 09, 2012
toba:
thanks for ur response. two things has been deduced from ur post.

what constitutes slander?

Does it mean the prophets are above criticism like every other normal human being?

The prophet were men that were given divine messages. They came and did their best. We consider them to be best of humanity. Whatever good they did, they will see it with their lord... We are in no position to judge them.

As regards slander

Allah says in the Qur'an:

"O you who believe! Avoid much suspicion, indeeds some suspicions are sins. And spy not neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting). And fear Allah, verily, Allah is The One Who accepts repentance, Most Merciful" (Qur'an 49: 12)

Slander is saying something about the person, that is not true::

Abu Hurayrah (May Allah be pleased with him) narrated that Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) said:

"Do you know what backbiting is?” They said, “Allah and His Messenger know best.” He then said, “It is to say something about your brother that he would dislike.” Someone asked him, “But what if what I say is true?” The Messenger of Allah said, “If what you say about him is true, you are backbiting him, but if it is not true then you have slandered him."

So you must not spread falsehood about anyone and be careful about hurting him... The best advice is always a private advice...

The only time you can give a public criticism is if it serves a greater good... to protect people from this person for instance.

Also Abu Mousa Al-Ash’aree narrated that Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) said:

"I asked the Messenger of Allah: Who is the best Muslim? The Messenger of Allah replied, "He is the one from whom Muslims are safe [b]from the evil of his tongue [/b]and hands."

1 Like

Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 09, 2012
tbaba1234:

The prophet were men that were given divine messages. They came and did their best. We consider them to be best of humanity. Whatever good they did, they will see it with their lord... We are in no position to judge them.

Does it mean when a prophet breaks the law of the land, he shouldn't go to jail and be punished cause he/she's carrying divine message?

I thought all humans are bounded by the laws of their domain.

As regards slander
I agree with u that its a sin to be slanderous against fellow human beings how much more men of God.

But as we have slanders so do we have genuine criticism
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by tbaba1234: 12:14pm On May 09, 2012
toba:

Does it mean when a prophet breaks the law of the land, he shouldn't go to jail and be punished cause he/she's carrying divine message? I thought all humans are bounded by the laws of their domain.

I agree with u that its a sin to be slanderous against fellow human beings how much more men of God.

But as we have slanders so do we have genuine criticism

Your first question is irrelevant because we have no more prophets around. The christian definition of prophet is different from the muslim's definition. The last prophet and messenger was the prophet Muhammad (SAW). No new prophet is coming after him..

Criticism should be done privately and must be carried out in the best of manners first... It is only after that you can consider a public criticism if it serves a greater purpose otherwise keep shut..

Our tongues are like double-edges swords. They can work for us and against us, both in this world and the Hereafter. We will be held accountable for what we say. Allah tells us: “He does not utter a statement except that there is an observer by him ready to record it.” [ Sûrah Qâf : 18]

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Indeed a servant will speak a word pleasing to Allah that he thinks to be insignificant, but because of it Allah raises him by many degrees. And indeed a servant will speak a word displeasing to Allah that he thinks to be insignificant, but because of it, He will consign him to the Hellfire.” [ Sahîh al-Bukhârî ]

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “A man might speak a word without thinking about its implications, but because of it, he will plunge into the Hellfire further than the distance between the east and west.” [ Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Muslim ]

Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: “Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should speak a good word or remain silent.
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 09, 2012
tbaba1234:

Your first question is irrelevant because we have no more prophets around.

May be in ur village, there are no more prophets. lol( I'm not insulting u just want u to laugh at response my late pastor gives when anyone one makes such a statement that 'we have no more prophets around')

Honestly there are prophets and genuine seers around us today even though they are not many. Search well before concluding.

The christian definition of prophet is different from the muslim's definition.

No u are very wrong. we have same definition of prophets in the same dictionary world wide available to the theists and atheists. U could have said Muslims interpret the definition of prophets in a manner that's different to that of the Christians.

BTW how will an average Muslim define or interpret the definition of a prophet?

The last prophet and messenger was the prophet Muhammad (SAW). No new prophet is coming after him..
U are simply living in delusion by making such an erroneous comment as emphasized in ur post. There are thousands of prophets around the world. u may not have met them but there are prophets that would tell u something and such thing would happen.ur prophet isn't the last prophet from God

At this point may be we should define who a prophet is and the characteristics of a prophet.

Criticism should be done privately and must be carried out in the best of manners first... It is only after that you can consider a public criticism if it serves a greater purpose otherwise keep shut..

i see. just as we read of many atrocities committed by the prophets on the internet, are u saying we shouldn't criticize them on the internet but we should locate their addresses for us to go criticize them privately?

Our tongues are like double-edges swords. They can work for us and against us, both in this world and the Hereafter. We will be held accountable for what we say. Allah tells us: “He does not utter a statement except that there is an observer by him ready to record it.” [ Sûrah Qâf : 18]

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Indeed a servant will speak a word pleasing to Allah that he thinks to be insignificant, but because of it Allah raises him by many degrees. And indeed a servant will speak a word displeasing to Allah that he thinks to be insignificant, but because of it, He will consign him to the Hellfire.” [ Sahîh al-Bukhârî ]

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “A man might speak a word without thinking about its implications, but because of it, he will plunge into the Hellfire further than the distance between the east and west.” [ Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Muslim ]

i agree with what the prophet has said here 100%. We have similar texts in the bible that warned christians against speaking evil with our tongues. here's one << Proverbs 18:21 >>

The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.

Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: “Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should speak a good word or remain silent.

yes just as Jesus said we should speak good and not evil words. Here my friend we are talking about genuine criticism and not non-objective criticism. u cant equate that as speaking evil can u?
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by LagosShia: 2:09pm On May 09, 2012
toba:

Does it mean when a prophet breaks the law of the land, he shouldn't go to jail and be punished cause he/she's carrying divine message?

in Islam,prophets do not break the law given to them as we see them do in the bible.

you can also watch this video (9 minutes,52 seconds) and get a better idea of how the bible treats the definition of "prophet":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzJyXDIIYYc
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 09, 2012
LagosShia:

in Islam,prophets do not break the law given to them as we see them do in the bible.

you can also watch this video (9 minutes,52 seconds) and get a better idea of how the bible treats the definition of "prophet":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzJyXDIIYYc

Haha. what about some of the Islamic prophets that have been found guilty of one offence or the other in Nigeria/

Tbaba said u muslims have a different view of who a prophet is. can u please 'educate' me on who a prophet is in Islam?
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by LagosShia: 2:39pm On May 09, 2012
toba:

Haha. what about some of the Islamic prophets that have been found guilty of one offence or the other in Nigeria/
i am not aware of any "nigerian prophet".Islam does not recognize those "prophets"

Tbaba said u muslims have a different view of who a prophet is. can u please 'educate' me on who a prophet is in Islam?

a prophet in Islam is a "masum" (infallible).he is free from sin.God has chosen him and purified him.he is not robotic but endowed with divine knowledge and awareness so much so that he understands the ugliness of committing sin and disobeying God.he does have free will but is too close to God and devout that he does not commit sin or do anything with the intention of committing an evil act or disobeying God.
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 09, 2012
LagosShia:
i am not aware of any "nigerian prophet".Islam does not recognize those "prophets"

According to u and individual, Islam doesn't recognise them, but they align with Islam just as Boko Haram reads the quran before going to blow up innocent pple.

im simply saying, they associate with Islam and they call themselves Muslims and indeed they are muslims

a prophet in Islam is a "masum" (infallible).he is free from sin.God has chosen him and purified him.

Holy spirit. So prophet Mohammad was infallible when he lived on earth? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Have u forgotten that he was a mere mortal like u and i? There are only two pple that were and are still infallible cos they dictate the rules that govern human being. They are God and Jesus.

Did Mohammad acknowledged himself as a mere human being and a sinner? How come u muslims ignorantly ascribe to him a position thats more than him?

he is not robotic but endowed with divine knowledge and awareness so much so that he understands the ugliness of committing sin and disobeying God.he does have free will but is too close to God and devout that he does not commit sin or do anything with the intention of committing an evil act or disobeying God.

BS. This is simply BS. some of the atrocities he committed were also not intentional right?
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by LagosShia: 3:57pm On May 09, 2012
toba:

According to u and individual, Islam doesn't recognise them, but they align with Islam just as Boko Haram reads the quran before going to blow up innocent pple.

im simply saying, they associate with Islam and they call themselves Muslims and indeed they are muslims

i believe the most clear point is that a Muslim cannot believe in a prophet after Muhammad (sa).anyone who does that is on his own.i am not here to judge them or talk about them.i am telling you what Islam says.very simple.

Holy spirit. So prophet Mohammad was infallible when he lived on earth? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
yes.

Have u forgotten that he was a mere mortal like u and i? There are only two pple that were and are still infallible cos they dictate the rules that govern human being. They are God and Jesus.
that is according to christianity.you also believe that God chose men to deliver His message and those men were ra.pists,adulterer,and inces.tuos.Islam does not believe that.we believe all prophets from Adam to Noah,Lot,Moses to Jesus and Muhammad (as) were all sinless and pure.

Did Mohammad acknowledged himself as a mere human being and a sinner? How come u muslims ignorantly ascribe to him a position thats more than him?
being a mere mortal does not conflict with being sinless or being giving complete guidance by Allah to deliver the message and act exemplarily.Muhammad (sa) never said he was a sinner.stop being stupid.it doesn't mean if your pastors are,you must also be silly.

BS. This is simply BS. some of the atrocities he committed were also not intentional right?

He committed no attrocities.but since you are claiming that committing attrocities makes one sinful,then this contradicts your claim that your bible god is sinless alongside Jesus only.there is no more attrocitious being than the god the bible describes.

here are some examples and i can still give you more:

Numbers 31:17-18
Now kill all the boys (in Midian). And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Judges 21:10-12
10So the assembly sent twelve thousand fighting men with instructions to go to Jabesh Gilead and put to the sword those living there, including the women and children. 11“This is what you are to do,” they said. “Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin.” 12They found among the people living in Jabesh Gilead four hundred young women who had never slept with a man, and they took them to the camp at Shiloh in Canaan.

1 Samuel 6:19
And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: [/b]and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.

[b]2 Peter 2:12

"These false teachers are like unthinking animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed. They scoff at things they do not understand, and like animals, they will be destroyed."

Psalms 137:8-9
O Babylon, you will be destroyed. Happy is the one who pays you back for what you have done to us.Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!

Psalms 139:19-22:
"Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: Depart from me therefore, ye bloodthirsty men. For they speak against thee wickedly, And thine enemies take (thy name) in vain. Do not I hate them, O Jehovah, that hate thee? And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: They are become mine enemies."

Hosea 13:16
"Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up."

Revelation 2:22-23
"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works."

Deuteronomy 17:2-5
If there be found among you , that , hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them , Then shalt thou , tone them with stones, till they die.
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 09, 2012
LagosShia:
i believe the most clear point is that a Muslim cannot believe in a prophet after Muhammad (sa).anyone who does that is on his own.i am not here to judge them or talk about them.i am telling you what Islam says.very simple.
Well its not the believe as in worshipping that im talking about. the believe here is the one u have in ur parents when they say do this or dont do that. These prophets prophesy and u believe in them.

yes.
then u are very wrong

that is according to christianity.you also believe that God chose men to deliver His message and those men were ra.pists,adulterer,and inces.tuos.Islam does not believe that.we believe all prophets from Adam to Noah,Lot,Moses to Jesus and Muhammad (as) were all sinless and pure.
That another misguided believe. Moses, David, Solomon, Abraham were all sinners and were not more than mortal. Mohammad ur prophet falls into this category cos he had seeexxx with women like these pple,

being a mere mortal does not conflict with being sinless or being giving complete guidance by Allah to deliver the message and act exemplarily.Muhammad (sa) never said he was a sinner.stop being stupid.it doesn't mean if your pastors are,you must also be silly.
U better shut up and stop deceiving urself. All have sinned and fall short. all human are equally sinners except if such one bears semblance of God like Jesus. Stop deceiving urself

He committed no attrocities.but since you are claiming that committing attrocities makes one sinful,then this contradicts your claim that your bible god is sinless alongside Jesus only.there is no more attrocitious being than the god the bible describes.

Baseless and irrellevant digression. U know Mohammad was and is never in the league of jesus. dont even start

here are some examples and i can still give you more:

Numbers 31:17-18
Now kill all the boys (in Midian). And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Judges 21:10-12
10So the assembly sent twelve thousand fighting men with instructions to go to Jabesh Gilead and put to the sword those living there, including the women and children. 11“This is what you are to do,” they said. “Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin.” 12They found among the people living in Jabesh Gilead four hundred young women who had never slept with a man, and they took them to the camp at Shiloh in Canaan.

1 Samuel 6:19
And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: [/b]and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.

[b]2 Peter 2:12

"These false teachers are like unthinking animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed. They scoff at things they do not understand, and like animals, they will be destroyed."

Psalms 137:8-9
O Babylon, you will be destroyed. Happy is the one who pays you back for what you have done to us.Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!

Psalms 139:19-22:
"Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: Depart from me therefore, ye bloodthirsty men. For they speak against thee wickedly, And thine enemies take (thy name) in vain. Do not I hate them, O Jehovah, that hate thee? And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: They are become mine enemies."

Hosea 13:16
"Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up."

Revelation 2:22-23
"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works."

Deuteronomy 17:2-5
If there be found among you , that , hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them , Then shalt thou , tone them with stones, till they die.

How does this relate to Muhammad and Islamic clerics?
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by tbaba1234: 5:21pm On May 09, 2012
You are just here to troll:: your questions have been answered now move along::::
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by LagosShia: 5:26pm On May 09, 2012
toba:
Well its not the believe as in worshipping that im talking about. the believe here is the one u have in ur parents when they say do this or dont do that. These prophets prophesy and u believe in them.

then u are very wrong

That another misguided believe. Moses, David, Solomon, Abraham were all sinners and were not more than mortal. Mohammad ur prophet falls into this category cos he had seeexxx with women like these pple,

U better shut up and stop deceiving urself. All have sinned and fall short. all human are equally sinners except if such one bears semblance of God like Jesus. Stop deceiving urself

Baseless and irrellevant digression. U know Mohammad was and is never in the league of jesus. dont even start

i think the above nonsense you believe in as a confused christian should answer your below question:

How does this relate to Muhammad and Islamic clerics?
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 09, 2012
tbaba1234: You are just here to troll:: your questions have been answered now move along::::
I'll advice u just queue up and dont respond again if u arent man enough to defend ur position.

U've answered no question. U simply alleged that muslims have a different definition of prophets. I'm still waiting for that definition. if u think u're gonna give another misconstrued understanding of a prophet being infallible like ur fellow did, then u arent prepared for me.

I'll humbly wait for ur definition cheesy
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 09, 2012
LagosShia:

i think the above nonsense you believe in as a confused christian should answer your below question:

I seriously dont know what's wrong with u. U chose to compare ur prophet with the likes of Moses, Abraham, David etc as ur own understanding of infallible. All i did was to point out to u ur erroneous position that these prophets u compared ur prophet with were all sinners and mere mortal that weren't saint.
This automatically qualifies ur prophet as a sinner whilst he was on earth except u want to claim he's/was a better human being than the prophets mentioned above. If he's not, then he caan be subject to criticism like they were.
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by vedaxcool(m): 7:11pm On May 09, 2012
If someone is here asking why he cannot criticize prophets etc I wonder what stopped him from criticizing Jesus who called his Mother woman in the bible who reffered to a woman who had a sick child asking for help and the rest of humanity I including him as dogs? Or what stop him from criticizing the same Jesus whom the bible claims shouted against God " my lord my lord why have thou forsaken me" if he was really a god he should have atleast shout "myself myself why have I forsaken myself"? Truly charity should begin from home.
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 09, 2012
vedaxcool: If someone is here asking why he cannot criticize prophets etc I wonder what stopped him from criticizing Jesus who called his Mother woman in the bible who reffered to a woman who had a sick child asking for help and the rest of humanity I including him as dogs? Or what stop him from criticizing the same Jesus whom the bible claims shouted against God " my lord my lord why have thou forsaken me" if he was really a god he should have atleast shout "myself myself why have I forsaken myself"? Truly charity should begin from home.
Jesus was and he's more than a prophet. Quran called him Messiah if im not mistaking
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 09, 2012
U guys are actually giving ur prophet more status than he gave himself.
Here's something i found

Muhammad was a sinner. The Hadith makes it clear that Muhammad was a sinner--NOT sinless as some Muslims now claimlike Lagosshia described him as infallible

"Muhammad replied..."O Allah, set me apart from my sins...
" Muhammad wasnt assured of paradise. Muhammad was not sure if he was going to heaven himself:

The Prophet said, "By Allah, though I am the Apostle of Allah, yet I do not know what Allah will do to me." Hadith vol. 5, no. 266 Source(s):
Haram to believe unholy person

so he's a human being like vedaxcool, sweetnecta, tbaba and toba
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by vedaxcool(m): 7:41pm On May 09, 2012
toba: Jesus was and he's more than a prophet. Quran called him Messiah if im not mistaking

Maybe you did not get the simple. Questions:

Why did you criticize jesus in his following behavior since you are advocating that ww should criticize ;
1. Jesus had the auduacity accrd to the bible To call his MOTHER - WOMAN and to add to the insult what do I have to do with thee! In agbero language WETIN JOIN ME WITH YOU?

2. A woman whose son was suffering came to meet jesus in the bible for help and the best he could say do not cast the bread meant for children for the DOGS (which includes you since you are not the children of Isreal) the woman sensing his egocentric natue said the doigs get crumbs, then he help her!

3. When jesus accrd to bible found pains to much to bear he accused God of something he never does to his prophets, "Why have thou forsaken me" if he was more than a prophet he must surely have doubted his lord by uttering such blasphemy!

This are the simple question, what stop toba from criticizing his more than prophet man? Didn't they say Charity begins from home?
Smh.
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by LagosShia: 12:05am On May 10, 2012
toba: I seriously dont know what's wrong with u. U chose to compare ur prophet with the likes of Moses, Abraham, David etc as ur own understanding of infallible. All i did was to point out to u ur erroneous position that these prophets u compared ur prophet with were all sinners and mere mortal that weren't saint.
This automatically qualifies ur prophet as a sinner whilst he was on earth except u want to claim he's/was a better human being than the prophets mentioned above. If he's not, then he caan be subject to criticism like they were.

according to your bible,a prophet is a filthy man who commits the worse sins and most heinous crimes that even in our deprave world today are viewed as immoral.a prophet in the bible is a "man of God" who gets drunk,sleeps with his daughter,goes about na.ked,commits adultery with his neighbor's wife and can prophesy presumptiously.that is a joke!

in Islam,a prophet including those (Noah,Lot,David,e.t.c.) the bible defames are infallible men sent by God to deliver a message and guide their people in the best way and their own personal conducts are exemplary.compare the two and you'd see the difference between what is divine, and what is human and the definition of mockery against God.
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by LagosShia: 12:07am On May 10, 2012
toba: Jesus was and he's more than a prophet. Quran called him Messiah if im not mistaking
and does the bible in several places call Jesus (as) a prophet or not? what are you saying? is the bible lying? or is the bible insulting Jesus (as) by calling him a prophet if he was more than a prophet?
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by LagosShia: 12:12am On May 10, 2012
toba: U guys are actually giving ur prophet more status than he gave himself.
Here's something i found

Muhammad was a sinner. The Hadith makes it clear that Muhammad was a sinner--NOT sinless as some Muslims now claimlike Lagosshia described him as infallible

"Muhammad replied..."O Allah, set me apart from my sins...
" Muhammad wasnt assured of paradise. Muhammad was not sure if he was going to heaven himself:

The Prophet said, "By Allah, though I am the Apostle of Allah, yet I do not know what Allah will do to me." Hadith vol. 5, no. 266 Source(s):
Haram to believe unholy person

so he's a human being like vedaxcool, sweetnecta, tbaba and toba

my friend,this filth you are talking against our Prophet (sa) has being dealt with before.upon reading the Quran,it is clear that Muhammad (sa) was the best of mankind and exhibited the highest morals and there is great reward awaiting him.you are either quoting falsehood,quoting out of context or fabricating stories.

the lies you are alleging have thoroughly being trashed before as they have been raised by your brother,"frosbel":

"Muhammad Said He Was A Sinner, Why Do Many Muslims Contradict Him?"
https://www.nairaland.com/742620/muhammad-said-he-sinner-why
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by Nike93(f): 12:46am On May 10, 2012
Seriously people need to stop granting this toba guy any audience. I don't see how u can convince him that all those ghosts in his brain doesn't exist. Even if you hit his head with d truth,he will never get it. And all this niceness in this section doesn't suite u.it's better u get back to d toba in politics and xtian sectns that always start dumb threads and call muslims all sort of names. Guess what islam isn't going anywhere.it'll outlive us all.
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by Nobody: 8:44am On May 10, 2012
vedaxcool:

Maybe you did not get the simple. Questions:

Why did you criticize jesus in his following behavior since you are advocating that ww should criticize ;
1. Jesus had the auduacity accrd to the bible To call his MOTHER - WOMAN and to add to the insult what do I have to do with thee! In agbero language WETIN JOIN ME WITH YOU?

2. A woman whose son was suffering came to meet jesus in the bible for help and the best he could say do not cast the bread meant for children for the DOGS (which includes you since you are not the children of Isreal) the woman sensing his egocentric natue said the doigs get crumbs, then he help her!

3. When jesus accrd to bible found pains to much to bear he accused God of something he never does to his prophets, "Why have thou forsaken me" if he was more than a prophet he must surely have doubted his lord by uttering such blasphemy!

This are the simple question, what stop toba from criticizing his more than prophet man? Didn't they say Charity begins from home?
Smh.

Jesus had two natures whilst on earth. The son of man and the son of God(which is the God's own nature)

The son of man nature was the body that was killed, tortured and wounded. Was the body that felt weary at a point that he said father why have u forsaken me.

The God's nature was the one that resurrected, performed miracles and the Messiah as written in ur Quran.

An ordinary Human being wouldn't be described as a messiah if not, u guys would have called ur prophet a Messiah. The messiah nature is the saviour and God's own nature.

I hope ur question is answered. take note of the emphasized word. son of man
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by Nobody: 9:00am On May 10, 2012
LagosShia:

according to your bible,a prophet is a filthy man who commits the worse sins and most heinous crimes that even in our deprave world today are viewed as immoral.a prophet in the bible is a "man of God" who gets drunk,sleeps with his daughter,goes about na.ked,commits adultery with his neighbor's wife and can prophesy presumptiously.that is a joke!
U better just shut up and stop making things up. May be u need to have a proper understanding of English. What im simply telling u is that, all prophets are human beings with the normal human nature. They aren't saints. like David, Moses, Jonah, etc erred whilst on earth so also did ur prophet erred, Meaning the crazy assumption that prophets are infallible is a false imagination in ur head. Go and read the bible well to see the characteristics of true prophets of God. In the Bible we have the Major and the minor prophets who did according to what was commissioned unto them to do.

David never passed his boundary. he desired to build a temple but God didn't permit but permitted his son Solomon to do so.

Stop posting like someone who's high on cocaine

in Islam,a prophet including those (Noah,Lot,David,e.t.c.) the bible defames are infallible men sent by God to deliver a message and guide their people in the best way and their own personal conducts are exemplary.compare the two and you'd see the difference between what is divine, and what is human and the definition of mockery against God.

If thats the case, then something must be wrong with the quran and islam for describing a mere mortal as infallible. U are just typing BS. David erred hence the popular Psalm 51 'Have mercy upon me oh God' is a good eg of when he pleaded with God for mercy. moses did likewise, hence he missed the promise land as a result of his anger.

At this juncture, i'll advice u look up the definition of infallible in the dictionary.

Here's few from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/infallible

in·fal·li·ble (n-fl-bl)
adj.
1. Incapable of erring: an infallible guide; an infallible source of information.
2. Incapable of failing; certain: an infallible antidote; an infallible rule.

infallible
adjective
1. perfect, impeccable, faultless, unerring, omniscient, unimpeachable
I always advice u Muslims to arm urselves with better understanding of English Language before coming to me for a debate.

Are now telling me that Prophet Mohammed satisfies all the above description to be regarded as infallible? If u wish to describe ur prophet as infallible, then u are equating him with God.

as far as simple English tells us, Mohammed ur prophet wasn't infallible. he was a sinner like u and I
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by Nobody: 9:02am On May 10, 2012
LagosShia:
and does the bible in several places call Jesus (as) a prophet or not? what are you saying? is the bible lying? or is the bible insulting Jesus (as) by calling him a prophet if he was more than a prophet?

yes the bible called him prophet, but im simply telling u that Jesus was and he's more than a prophet. Simple.

Jesus is God's own nature that came in man's form to fulfil God's desire of a perfect redemption and reconciliation between man and God
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by Nobody: 9:09am On May 10, 2012
LagosShia:

my friend,this filth you are talking against our Prophet (sa) has being dealt with before.upon reading the Quran,it is clear that Muhammad (sa) was the best of mankind and exhibited the highest morals and there is great reward awaiting him.you are either quoting falsehood,quoting out of context or fabricating stories.

the lies you are alleging have thoroughly being trashed before as they have been raised by your brother,"frosbel":

"Muhammad Said He Was A Sinner, Why Do Many Muslims Contradict Him?"
https://www.nairaland.com/742620/muhammad-said-he-sinner-why

Thats why i said cocaine is bad for human health.

I'll advice once again that u guys arm urselves with better understanding of English words before using them on platforms like this.

u are talking about morals. What moral does an old man have in sleeping with a 9 year old girl? Can u as a human being base ur moral on such absurdity? Can u as a human being in his right senses, give ur daughter out in Marriage at the age of 6 and allow her to be disvirgined at age 9?

What nonsense are u talking about?

With the numerous killings, looting that were supervised and authorized by him, u still call that good morals? U have to visit a mental hospital Asap grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by Nobody: 9:12am On May 10, 2012
Nike93: Seriously people need to stop granting this toba guy any audience. I don't see how u can convince him that all those ghosts in his brain doesn't exist. Even if you hit his head with d truth,he will never get it. And all this niceness in this section doesn't suite u.it's better u get back to d toba in politics and xtian sectns that always start dumb threads and call muslims all sort of names. Guess what islam isn't going anywhere.it'll outlive us all.

Madam. WTH are u?

Though i have feelings for Muslim ladies but not the rude ones like u.

I'll advice u mesonu. ok? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by LagosShia: 9:27am On May 10, 2012
toba:
U better just shut up and stop making things up. May be u need to have a proper understanding of English. What im simply telling u is that, all prophets are human beings with the normal human nature. They aren't saints. like David, Moses, Jonah, etc erred whilst on earth so also did ur prophet erred, Meaning the crazy assumption that prophets are infallible is a false imagination in ur head. Go and read the bible well to see the characteristics of true prophets of God. In the Bible we have the Major and the minor prophets who did according to what was commissioned unto them to do.

David never passed his boundary. he desired to build a temple but God didn't permit but permitted his son Solomon to do so.

Stop posting like someone who's high on cocaine

If thats the case, then something must be wrong with the quran and islam for describing a mere mortal as infallible. U are just typing BS. David erred hence the popular Psalm 51 'Have mercy upon me oh God' is a good eg of when he pleaded with God for mercy. moses did likewise, hence he missed the promise land as a result of his anger.

At this juncture, i'll advice u look up the definition of infallible in the dictionary.

Here's few from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/infallible

in·fal·li·ble (n-fl-bl)
adj.
1. Incapable of erring: an infallible guide; an infallible source of information.
2. Incapable of failing; certain: an infallible antidote; an infallible rule.

infallible
adjective
1. perfect, impeccable, faultless, unerring, omniscient, unimpeachable
I always advice u Muslims to arm urselves with better understanding of English Language before coming to me for a debate.

Are now telling me that Prophet Mohammed satisfies all the above description to be regarded as infallible? If u wish to describe ur prophet as infallible, then u are equating him with God.

as far as simple English tells us, Mohammed ur prophet wasn't infallible. he was a sinner like u and I

what is so difficult for you to see that you are presenting your foolish views on prophethood based on the filth found in your "holy book"?

a prophet who teaches the people one thing while he does another thing is called an hypocrite.

a god that watches over these men he sent and blesses them is also an hypocrite.

if these are the men that are taken as role models in the bible,then you have to pity yourself.the christian already have a role model that is not guided by God,and the holy spirit does nothing to protect them from sinning by showing them the ugliness of sin or giving them sufficient knowledge to have the complete fear of God in order they do not go against the very message they brought to teach others.therefore the christian find liberty to sin.ironically,you have among the christians those that call themselves "born again",and those that hallucinate "speaking in tongues" and those who claim inspiration by the "holy spirit".too bad the very basis of your faith and the majority of those in the bible blessed by god did not have all these divine provisions to make them exemplary.

so you christians claim more spirituality,morality and knowledge than your very own god in the bible and his flock of inces.tuos,adulterous,and rape prophets and men he chose to guide and lead you and be examples for you to follow.

as for the Islamic view,not anything you say or think or dream can change it.all prophets of God from Adam (as) to Muhammad (sa) are infallible or "sinless".they have freewill but they are endowed with divine knowledge,the fear of God and the spirit of God that sin or disobeying God becomes unappealing to them.if you like that,take it.if not,stay with your bible that evil men have written and attributed all sort of vile acts to the men that God chose and blessed.
Re: Are Muslims Allowed To Criticize Clerics For Their Wrong Doings? by LagosShia: 9:31am On May 10, 2012
toba:

yes the bible called him prophet, but im simply telling u that Jesus was and he's more than a prophet. Simple.

Jesus is God's own nature that came in man's form to fulfil God's desire of a perfect redemption and reconciliation between man and God

so are we to take what you say or what your bible says? do you follow what you say,or what is written in your bible?

obviously the basis of your christian theology and faith is based on your desires and human emotions/sentiments than reasoning and facts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hijab Propaganda / How To Make Death, Grave And The Day Of Resurrection Stations Of Joy & Happiness / Real-time Alqoh Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.