Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,583 members, 7,823,524 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

No Plans To Reshuffle Ministers Now – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Plans To Reshuffle Ministers Now – Jonathan (3916 Views)

Jonathan To Reshuffle Cabinet, May Sack Diezani, Others / Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle / Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Plans To Reshuffle Ministers Now – Jonathan by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 09, 2012

Published On: Wed, May 9th, 2012 Politics | By Channels Television

No plans to reshuffle Ministers now – Jonathan

President Goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday said that he is confident in the “ability of the current crop of ministers to deliver and has no plan to undertake any replacement at the moment.”

The president in a press statement through his Special Adviser, Media and Publicity, Reuben Abati was reacting to an article published by the Moment Newspaper on Monday.

The newspaper article title “Jonathan to reshuffle cabinet” alludes that Mr Jonathan had sent names of some people to the State Security Service (SSS) for screening.

The paper reported that the list of people the president sent to the SSS for screening included former National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Okwesilieze Nwodo; former governor of Anambra State, Chukwuemeka Ezeife; former Special Adviser on the Niger Delta, Timi Alaibe, former Executive Secretary of the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF), Hamisu Mai Rago; the immediate past acting National Chairman of the PDP, Kawu Baraje.

Others according to the Newspaper report are former PDP National Publicity Secretary, Rufai Alkali; former PDP National Organising Secretary, Uche Secondus; former Deputy Governor of Imo State, Ada Okwuonu and former PDP National Legal Adviser, Olusola Oke.

The president said that there is “there is also no truth in the alleged tension among ministers as a result of the rumoured imminent cabinet change.”

Mr Jonathan said that the newspaper report “is a calculated attempt to cause disaffection within the cabinet and divert the attention of members of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) from their unwavering commitment to the implementation of the Transformation Agenda of the Jonathan Administration.

“The speculation about cabinet change is the handiwork of mischief makers who seem bent on frustrating the good intentions of the Federal Government to deliver on the campaign promises of President Jonathan,” the statement read.

The newspaper also reported that the President will remove his National Security Adviser (NSA), General Andrew Azazi and replace him with Ekpeyong Ita, the current Director-General of State Security Service.
Source
Re: No Plans To Reshuffle Ministers Now – Jonathan by doctokwus: 4:07pm On May 09, 2012
Thought Punch had d same story,so where did d info come from.This is a serious journalistic gaffe 4 it to b denied so blatantly.Once a newspaper starts publishing such untruths,its readership plummets,dats y any serious media outfit verifies sources b4 going to press;it may not always b totally correct,but a gud element of truth must b found in any scoop.But,GEJ doesn't fail 2 disappoint,some ministers are carrying bags of luggage& his govt aproval ratings kps plummeting but d man just doesn't seem to care or b aware
Re: No Plans To Reshuffle Ministers Now – Jonathan by TheShopKeeper(m): 4:15pm On May 09, 2012
It doesn't matter if GEJ reshuffles the cabinet now or never, I just can't wait until 2015 to help deliver my knockout blow with my one man, one vote at the ballot box. He and his team have really scored below average. So much for 'Fresh Air' and 'Transformation Agenda'
Thankfully, I never voted for him in the 2011 elections.
Re: No Plans To Reshuffle Ministers Now – Jonathan by ifihearam: 4:19pm On May 09, 2012
You should know GEJ better by now,he wanted to reshuffle but perhaps still postponing the evil day,remember how he took the entire ministers by surprise when he was the acting president,guess that's what he intends doing to avoid any suspicion.
Re: No Plans To Reshuffle Ministers Now – Jonathan by CyberG: 4:20pm On May 09, 2012
And this is the kind of useless trash rigged in overwhelmingly by some parts of Nigeria? Nothing doing anyway!
Re: No Plans To Reshuffle Ministers Now – Jonathan by Beaf: 4:20pm On May 09, 2012
TheShopKeeper: It doesn't matter if GEJ reshuffles the cabinet now or never, I just can't wait until 2015 to help deliver my knockout blow with my one man, one vote at the ballot box. He and his team have really scored below average. So much for 'Fresh Air' and 'Transformation Agenda'

Then you don't matter, bro. The rest of us want a better country.
Fresh Air! cool
Re: No Plans To Reshuffle Ministers Now – Jonathan by Demdem(m): 4:28pm On May 09, 2012
Reshuffling or not, it doesnt matter. As long as the rotten head remains, na the same result one should expect.

1 Like

Re: No Plans To Reshuffle Ministers Now – Jonathan by djcmeon39(m): 4:29pm On May 09, 2012
@ beaf,so jonathan will give us a better country?hav been watchin ur comments and from d way u speak,u ar actually eatin from d long spoon of gej,dear beaf,no spoon is long enough to wine and dine wit d devil and gej is d devil,i just pity ur generation cause dey will suffer @ ur expense,u d biggest fool in naija
Re: No Plans To Reshuffle Ministers Now – Jonathan by Demdem(m): 4:31pm On May 09, 2012
djcmeon39: @ beaf,so jonathan will give us a better country?hav been watchin ur comments and from d way u speak,u ar actually eatin from d long spoon of gej,dear beaf,no spoon is long enough to wine and dine wit d devil and gej is d devil,i just pity ur generation cause dey will suffer @ ur expense,u d biggest fool in naija

u just step on the hornet's nest, get ready to be hit real hard grin grin
Re: No Plans To Reshuffle Ministers Now – Jonathan by MrGlobe(m): 4:32pm On May 09, 2012
Nigeria will be better running on auto pilot than having this dumbo as president. You mean after recieving a damning letter for transparency international and the oil subsidy probe, there are no plans to sack the utterly corrupt ALLISON MADUEKE? Where is SNG? Where is house of reps? Why cant the process of impeachment begin? This man has taken Nigeria back to 1960.
Re: No Plans To Reshuffle Ministers Now – Jonathan by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 09, 2012
Mr Jonathan said that the newspaper report “is a calculated attempt to cause disaffection within the cabinet and divert the attention of members of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) from their unwavering commitment to the implementation of the Transformation Agenda of the Jonathan Administration.

Does anyone know what the Transformation Agenda of the Jonathan Administration actually is?

1 Like

Re: No Plans To Reshuffle Ministers Now – Jonathan by 9icest: 5:20pm On May 09, 2012
ifihearam: You should know GEJ better by now,he wanted to reshuffle but perhaps still postponing the evil day,remember how he took the entire ministers by surprise when he was the acting president,guess that's what he intends doing to avoid any suspicion.

The guy is too scared. Gawd! He denies everything! Denies what Azazi said. Now denies he wants to reshuffle the old sh.iit in his cabinet.
Sigh!

1 Like

Re: No Plans To Reshuffle Ministers Now – Jonathan by Ikology(m): 5:31pm On May 09, 2012
TheShopKeeper: It doesn't matter if GEJ reshuffles the cabinet now or never, I just can't wait until 2015 to help deliver my knockout blow with my one man, one vote at the ballot box. He and his team have really scored below average. So much for 'Fresh Air' and 'Transformation Agenda'
2015 is about 3yrs from now, you have given a score before the test is completed. Smh!
Re: No Plans To Reshuffle Ministers Now – Jonathan by BabaEleko(m): 6:19pm On May 09, 2012
My hatred for GEJ and his thieves is similar to that which I have for the devil. Anyone with confirm arms dealer please hook me up. Some evil people need to die b4 this country can experience happiness. I don't mind dying for this to happen. angry sad
Re: No Plans To Reshuffle Ministers Now – Jonathan by Gbawe: 6:35pm On May 09, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Nigeria will be better running on auto pilot than having this dumbo as president. You mean after recieving a damning letter for transparency international and the oil subsidy probe, there are no plans to sack the utterly corrupt ALLISON MADUEKE? Where is SNG? Where is house of reps? Why cant the process of impeachment begin? This man has taken Nigeria back to 1960.

Bruv, how can he sack his own blank cheque and adhoc fund raiser? If he gets rid of her who will he draft in to perpetrate the next round of subsidy fraud to pay for the 2015 "boy with no shirt" project? . "Endorsements" don't come cheap you know.
Re: No Plans To Reshuffle Ministers Now – Jonathan by bakila: 6:45pm On May 09, 2012
Beaf:

Fresh Air! cool

Pariah
Re: No Plans To Reshuffle Ministers Now – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 09, 2012
What a Fresh Mess cheesy
Re: No Plans To Reshuffle Ministers Now – Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 7:10pm On May 09, 2012
“The speculation about cabinet change is the handiwork of mischief makers who seem bent on frustrating the good intentions of the Federal Government to deliver on the campaign promises of President Jonathan,” the statement read.

Why does it seem always the case that there are mischief makers out to make this administration look bad? Every time, it is always the fault of "mischief" makers. undecided undecided undecided Yet we have whole ministry of information and communication we pay BILLIONS OF MONEY for to ensure we get the real news from our government.
Re: No Plans To Reshuffle Ministers Now – Jonathan by ujchief(m): 7:40pm On May 09, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Why does it seem always the case that there are mischief makers out to make this administration look bad? Every time, it is always the fault of "mischief" makers. undecided undecided undecided Yet we have whole ministry of information and communication we pay BILLIONS OF MONEY for to ensure we get the real news from our government.
Always shifting blames to some non-existing forces - cabal, mischief makers, disgruntled elements, power hungry peeps! Paranoid freak!
Re: No Plans To Reshuffle Ministers Now – Jonathan by pdpiperpippen: 8:04pm On May 09, 2012
Why reshuffle a cabinet that has done so much within a year, I mean, grooming boko haram to maturity, nuturing corruption to astonomical heigths, mhmen that quite some achievement.
Re: No Plans To Reshuffle Ministers Now – Jonathan by kaiter: 8:11pm On May 09, 2012
My hatred for GEJ and his thieves is similar to that which I have for the devil.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.php[/img]
Re: No Plans To Reshuffle Ministers Now – Jonathan by lacasa: 9:25pm On May 09, 2012
Fresh air thinz

if U̶̲̥̅̊ voted him U̶̲̥̅̊ αv no right τ̅☺ complain

Transformation thinz

From poor τ̅☺ poorer

Nigeria i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ headed for doom with dis man as †ђξ captain O̶̷̩̥̊͡f †ђξ ship

May God/jesus/Allah/olodumare/ubangiji/ocho/olorun/chineke punish dis set O̶̷̩̥̊͡f people in all ramifications
Re: No Plans To Reshuffle Ministers Now – Jonathan by WhoIGoAsk: 9:30pm On May 09, 2012
now, so he'll later?
Re: No Plans To Reshuffle Ministers Now – Jonathan by kokoA(m): 9:42pm On May 09, 2012
This government is a joke. Never sure of anything. "GEJ to adress the Nation by 9pm", "GEJ denies national adress story" or you find the copy of the speech on facebook, nairaland, etc 4hours before the address.. "GEJ travles abroad with 150 aides", the next minute you will hear abati saying "it is the work of mischief makers, the president only travled with 50 aides, the other people on the tean were aides of the first lady, ministers, governors, etc that travled with the president and they were only 100 in number" grin the only thin they are good at is issuing condolence messeges.. Smh
Re: No Plans To Reshuffle Ministers Now – Jonathan by Yeske2(m): 10:55pm On May 09, 2012
Beaf:

Fresh Air! cool
If there's any topic on this forum we both disagree on it's about GEJ(no pun intended) but do you really think the guy has any good intention and is he of any good?
Re: No Plans To Reshuffle Ministers Now – Jonathan by Nobody: 4:28am On May 10, 2012
Gbawe:

Bruv, how can he sack his own blank cheque and adhoc fund raiser? If he gets rid of her who will he draft in to perpetrate the next round of subsidy fraud to pay for the 2015 "boy with no shirt" project? . "Endorsements" don't come cheap you know.
O-jigbi jigbi.
O-propaga.
Re: No Plans To Reshuffle Ministers Now – Jonathan by wirewire(m): 12:49pm On May 10, 2012

INDEED TRANSFORMING AGENDA
Re: No Plans To Reshuffle Ministers Now – Jonathan by Martin55: 3:02pm On May 10, 2012
Why cant the process of impeachment begin? This man has taken Nigeria back to 1960.[img]http://www.keyforex.info/cpu.gif[/img]

(1) (Reply)

'You’re A Very Bad Man' How 4yr Old Confronted Kenyan Mall Gunman (Photos) / 6 Million Nigerians Living In Benin Republic? / Breaking News; Amaechi Loses Vp Ticket To Tinubu - Buhari/ Tinubu For Apc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.