Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,012 members, 7,838,536 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Husband Sacked From Bank Job - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Sacked From Bank Job (16656 Views)

Woman Wants Her Hubby Sacked For Attacking Her Gigolo With Cutlass In Ekiti / My Wife Gets Sacked From The Job She Hasn't Gotten (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Husband Sacked From Bank Job by baslone: 2:42pm On May 11, 2012
PrettyCindy:
A family man with four children and bills to take care of and still has 6m in his savings account is in my own words "a man with plans".

WORD!!!!!!
Re: Husband Sacked From Bank Job by mrkels(m): 2:43pm On May 11, 2012
He's rich o! Some people no get reach 100k for their accounts.
Make e go soak garri jor.
Anyways give him time to re-invent himself. Loosing a job is not easy . I for one know how it feels,although I have never lost 1 b4!
Re: Husband Sacked From Bank Job by Confilass: 2:46pm On May 11, 2012
Give him sometime to think. He may probably try to secure another bank job or any other one.

It's not everyone dat was meant to be self-employed bf u push him to involving d 6m to what will not pay at the long run. Let him look bf he leaps.
Re: Husband Sacked From Bank Job by mbulela: 2:58pm On May 11, 2012
BlueDiva: The man is trying to plan.
If he was sacked and didn't save a penny you will still come here to complain.

A man who managed to save 6m isn't silly.
Just give him time and encouragement.
I just hope she does not push the man into making hasty decisions in the bid to be busy and end up losing most of his savings.All this self-employed talk grind my tits atimes.
Re: Husband Sacked From Bank Job by lifestyle1(m): 3:01pm On May 11, 2012
I don't know why every one is asking the OP to give her hubby time...There is no time... Before loosing his JOB he should have had a plan B just in case something goes wrong. This should serve as a lesson to others. angry

If you think 6M is much - I laugh, do you know the kind of lifestyle they live ? do you know how much they pay for bills ? DSTV, FUEL, children school fees and other bills ?

I will advice the man to make hays why the sun shine, I read someone advising them to go for honey moon shocked wtf ? you want them to have more babies ? OP Please ignore this advice...

All you need is a good business ideal, if you don't have one just forget it and look for a job.. With your working experience you should get a similar job easily...

You can also consider investing your money in transportation business... buy two buses, give it out to a serious driver with this you can earn 15,000 daily. do the math...

1 Like

Re: Husband Sacked From Bank Job by honeric01(m): 3:02pm On May 11, 2012
From your statement, you are already afraid of using your money to feeding the family. Your intent is of fear of using your finances in the time being or do you have somethings you do at home that is presence is hindering? Just few weeks you are already worried trying to chase him out of the house. What if he was incapacitated physically? You would have been planing to leave him? Let the poor man breath the breathe of freedom abeg. Is waking up 5am everyday, coming home 8pm easy?
Re: Husband Sacked From Bank Job by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:09pm On May 11, 2012
pro01: Nothing tests the 'goodness' of one's wife more than losing one's job or running into troubled waters in one's business. If, unfortunately, the situation doesn't turn around quickly enough, even the most virtuous and respectful of wives metamorphose into total she-devils before their husbands very eyes, and the once rosy marriage becomes a field of thorns. Even this one that just lost his job, the wife is already pushing him to 'go out' when he is still trying to reassess his situation and take a deep breath. Go out to where? Is that how people find white collar jobs in this country? By going out to God-knows-where even without prior connections or applications and whatnot? Soon he'll be forced to dress up in the morning and head out to some nice beer parlour somewhere to kill time with younger dudes or other men that are in similar predicaments. I know a couple of guys like that. At least that would be better than staying at home and being branded 'lazy' or 'unambitious' by their wives.

As for you, OP, the bitter truth is that no matter how hard you purport to 'support' him through this trying time, your patience would fizzle out sooner than later - unless you husband gets his groove back by hook or crook. As such, there is little advice one can realistically give you in the circumstances, knowing how inelastic women's patience is when it comes to matters concerning money and financial security in their men. I'd rather advice your husband to strategize, network, and do whatever it takes to get another job at all costs. Who knows, with your prayers and his desperate measures, he might yet get his life back on track sooner than we think. It's really a do or die affair for him.

Very well said.
Re: Husband Sacked From Bank Job by maclatunji: 3:20pm On May 11, 2012
OP, you have been given sound advice by some of the usual 'suspects'. Let me just add a little more: It is obviously a difficult thing when one is fired from a job because it implies rejection (no one likes being rejected, dropped or dismissed) and a loss of means of livelihood. Now, you as his wife and mother of his kids are quite edgy and apprehensive about the whole thing, nothing wrong there- it is the appropriate reaction for such a situation as you find yourself.

BUT! You must:

1. Talk less and act more: Purchase the daily family needs of the house if you can with your own money for the meantime. Allow the kids to continue the way it used to be with their dad before he lost his job. However, educate them on the need to be reasonable- now is not the time to ask daddy for Apple iPad 3!

2. Gauge the mood of your husband, respond positively when he wants to engage you in discussion and avoid discussing the issue of the loss of his job/his future plans if he does not bring-it-up (for now).

3. Make time to go the extra mile for him, try to close from work early, cook if he is one who will not do it. I don't know how your home was before he lost his job but take time out to be in charge of family meals as much as possible. This will do two things for you:

a. Get your husband to want to get back to work soon because it would be embarrassing to him for his wife to go to work, come back to cook elaborate family meals whilst he is there just sitting at home (you wouldn't have said a word but a great message would have been passed across to him this way).

b. It will show him that you still cherish and respect him as the head of your home.

4. Avoid discussing the loss of his job with the numerous "well-wishers" within your kith and kin. Your default reply to their messages of condolence should be: "It is God's will, we have accepted it and I trust my husband to take the right decision for us." (No more, no less).

5. Monitor how he is coping- it is quite possible he may want to lag into alcoholism, gambling and/or profilgate spending. Once you know these danger signs, intervene strongly. At this point he is weak, you have to be strong. If you can't handle this, get somebody he respects to talk some sense into him preferably by "accident".

6. EVENTUALLY, when your husband brings-up his "come-back" plan. Look at it critically and tell him maturely wherever you find loopholes that he can improve on the idea and make your own well-researched suggestions. You need him to succeed, so help him with it.

7. Be prayerful, tell God you want this setback to be a stepping stone to a happier family and greater things for you all individually and collectively.

8. Good luck! cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Husband Sacked From Bank Job by maclatunji: 3:22pm On May 11, 2012
Sorry, double post.
Re: Husband Sacked From Bank Job by Sweetjoe(m): 3:40pm On May 11, 2012
ezicat: Is he doing the cooking, cleaning and child rearing while he is home "relaxing?" If he isn't let him know that times have changed and so has the family - if you're to be the breadwinner, he should be the nurturer. Then I'm sure he'll start looking in no time.

PPS: You're also too tired to have s3x. That should also get him out of the house more quickly.
You must not comment!
Re: Husband Sacked From Bank Job by ikooko(m): 3:41pm On May 11, 2012
@poster i dont know the type of person your husband is or number of years in banking but i found it hard to belief a banker can save that much nowadays. it could be gratuity or severance package. I said this because it will go a long way to know what advice to give. bankers are generally flamboyant and wasteful with long debt list.
Dont be suprised if your husband tell you he want to travel out of this contry just ensure you dont allow him to do that. It obvious he has no plan-B. If care is not taken, he will finish that money before he start thinking.
If you can get him to talk, i'll advice you convince him to go into farming (fish, poultry etc), it very simple and intersting besides he can combine it with other stuffs.
I disagree with people saying he need time to relax. To be honest with you, i left banking job in january and i decided not to work for people again. I scanned my enviroment for possibilities with minimum capital but stable market and i opted for farming. next thing i did was attend a course on livestock production in february. I dug ponds in march and i stocked with juveniles in april, in few months time i will harvest. There is room for expansion depending on efforts and capital injection.
with all this, i have too much time to relax and play around.

2 Likes

Re: Husband Sacked From Bank Job by kaykad: 4:09pm On May 11, 2012
@Ezicat frm ur coment it show dat u ar a girl and not a woman.the lady ask for a useful advice and u gav her craps...wat does ur hubby do for a living?.pls always tink b4 u talk. To the poster my advice to u is to tak things easy wit ur hubby giv him som time lik 2weks for him to kool off.cos bank wrk no b moi moi,am aslo a banker but dnt lik ppl 2 knw, we wrk our ass out and d job is very stressful, am on leave mw and, al I do is eat and slep.just take it as if he is on 2 weks leave too. As per the busines pls dnt invest al ur money u can splt it into 2 and sav d rest.folow d order contributors advice by visiting d business section.
Re: Husband Sacked From Bank Job by traeces(m): 4:35pm On May 11, 2012
maclatunji: OP, you have been given sound advice by some of the usual 'suspects'. Let me just add a little more: It is obviously a difficult thing when one is fired from a job because it implies rejection (no one likes being rejected, dropped or dismissed) and a loss of means of livelihood. Now, you as his wife and mother of his kids are quite edgy and apprehensive about the whole thing, nothing wrong there- it is the appropriate reaction for such a situation as you find yourself.

BUT! You must:

1. Talk less and act more: Purchase the daily family needs of the house if you can with your own money for the meantime. Allow the kids to continue the way it used to be with their dad before he lost his job. However, educate them on the need to be reasonable- now is not the time to ask daddy for Apple iPad 3!

2. Gauge the mood of your husband, respond positively when he wants to engage you in discussion and avoid discussing the issue of the loss of his job/his future plans if he does not bring-it-up (for now).

3. Make time to go the extra mile for him, try to close from work early, cook if he is one who will not do it. I don't know how your home was before he lost his job but take time out to be in charge of family meals as much as possible. This will do two things for you:

a. Get your husband to want to get back to work soon because it would be embarrassing to him for his wife to go to work, come back to cook elaborate family meals whilst he is there just sitting at home (you wouldn't have said a word but a great message would have been passed across to him this way).

b. It will show him that you still cherish and respect him as the head of your home.

4. Avoid discussing the loss of his job with the numerous "well-wishers" within your kith and kin. Your default reply to their messages of condolence should be: "It is God's will, we have accepted it and I trust my husband to take the right decision for us." (No more, no less).

5. Monitor how he is coping- it is quite possible he may want to lag into alcoholism, gambling and/or profilgate spending. Once you know these danger signs, intervene strongly. At this point he is weak, you have to be strong. If you can't handle this, get somebody he respects to talk some sense into him preferably by "accident".

6. EVENTUALLY, when your husband brings-up his "come-back" plan. Look at it critically and tell him maturely wherever you find loopholes that he can improve on the idea and make your own well-researched suggestions. You need him to succeed, so help him with it.

7. Be prayerful, tell God you want this setback to be a stepping stone to a happier family and greater things for you all individually and collectively.

8. Good luck! cheesy
U, CC are sm of d pple i've come to respect a gr8 deal. God bless u.

1 Like

Re: Husband Sacked From Bank Job by khrisponty(m): 5:36pm On May 11, 2012
ezicat: Is he doing the cooking, cleaning and child rearing while he is home "relaxing?" If he isn't let him know that times have changed and so has the family - if you're to be the breadwinner, he should be the nurturer. Then I'm sure he'll start looking in no time.

PPS: You're also too tired to have s3x. That should also get him out of the house more quickly.

Your jus talking trash! D man jus lost his job, let him breath n ur hear ranting bout sex n being d bread winner n BS!! Utter rubbish!
Re: Husband Sacked From Bank Job by kaysy(m): 7:21pm On May 11, 2012

Some people are just fools even at adulthood, tufiakwa!
Re: Husband Sacked From Bank Job by lifestyle1(m): 7:59pm On May 11, 2012
ikooko:
I may be wrong but i find it difficult to understand why a man with 6m cash shuld be encouraged to look for a job rather than set up his own company. what if he get another job and he's tansfered to north or he lose that job in a couple of month.
The site you nominated is someone innitiative and the owner is making cool money from it.

Every body can't be a company owner.... Some are meant to work for some...
Re: Husband Sacked From Bank Job by Richardid: 8:21pm On May 11, 2012
Woman, please dont give your husband away by telling pple the amount of money he has saved in the Bank. This will attract the wrong pple to him and he may be duped at the end. Please, just relax, a fool cannot save such an amount of money,he knows what he is doing. Be careful woman, the vultures are everywhere looking for who to devour.

2 Likes

Re: Husband Sacked From Bank Job by ikooko(m): 8:51pm On May 11, 2012
life_style:

Every body can't be a company owner.... Some are meant to work for some...
I agree but not someone who is out of job with idle 6m
Re: Husband Sacked From Bank Job by Nobody: 10:57am On May 12, 2012

Is that's how your mother treated your FATHER when things aren't going smoothly?i fear for your husband to be if you aren't married yet o!
Re: Husband Sacked From Bank Job by Vansnickers: 11:03am On May 12, 2012
Guitarlife: Was this how your parent's behaved around you? If it was then I'd rather you hang around a few other families cos you just suggested she turn her husband to a nanny because he had a temporary setback and worse still, to deny him his conjugal right. Well, are you a male or female to start with cos if you are a female then, I can only pray for your husband (or to be) never retire's but all the same what an unfortunate man he is.

Three thumbs up, Wait a sec, i only have two hands. #you get the point
Re: Husband Sacked From Bank Job by Vansnickers: 11:05am On May 12, 2012
Temistatics 007: Is that's how your mother treated your FATHER when things aren't going smoothly?i fear for your husband to be if you aren't married yet o!

Honestly, the Monsters that are calling Themselves women nowadays.
Re: Husband Sacked From Bank Job by Nobody: 11:11am On May 12, 2012

For your mind you have given the best advise? undecided didn't your mother tell you not to punish your husband (that has done you no wrong)with sex? Ode. You think he will keep begging for it, when he can freely get it from the millions of women out there. Gone are those says when women use sex to punish their men because it backfires

Clap for yourself

1 Like

Re: Husband Sacked From Bank Job by 2sexy(m): 11:22am On May 12, 2012
finguy: Your husband strikes me as an intelligent nd focused man. Men like this take time to think, plan then move. Dat way u always hit the target! Av been dere b4, after the capital market crash, I was thrown out of job, took 4mnths to relax while I accessed the entire situation. I had to look at d future of the capital market, sectors dat look more promising, wat I can contribute in those sectors with my qualification and experience. Did some research. Narrowed things down to where I had the strongest advantage, started applying, got called and landed a fantastic job in an FMCG without one connection. All kudos to planning.
And I tell you I was able to achieve this cos I have the most amazing woman by myself supporting and loving, and I alsO enjoyed the time to relax. You won't understand how precious a time like that can be till you have worked in the financial sector where is constant run here and there.
Btw, thumbs up to a banker that can save up 6mil in quite a short time.
I respect your words man... Truely insightful.

It all boils down to what you can offer to solve people's problem.

Your husband may decide to become a consultant and offer advice to firms by selling his knowledge as an experienced banker. There are people making millions with this alone. He may decide to build a business around this idea if he so wish.

He may also use the opportunity to sell information to people who may want start up a business in the area of bookkeeping and accounting.

Not too many people are aware of how millionaires are made in our new world. In the US, this is what most of them do and thats why you see all those motivational, business, stock, bonds all in books and they make millions doing it.

You may not understand what I mean but if you take the time to research --> 'INFORMATION MARKETING' This business is one that can make anyone irrespective of your background a millionaire and only a few Nigerians are making money with this. You don't need the huge capital to start as you would in a brick and mortar business. I am a student and I will be starting mine by August with just N15,000 after I writing my last exam. I know most NYSC members wouldn't know what to do during their service year , but I would be making serious money at that time.

I believe your husband has a credit card. Head over to www.amazon.com and get your hand on this books: the official get rich guide to information marketing-build a million dollar business in 12months/ how to write and sell simple information for fun and for profit , and Startup! How To Start Your Own Information Marketing Business. Order for three of them as ebooks and let your husband digest them while he relax at home.

You will thank me later for this.

I believe most people know the legendary Jimoh Ibrahim but do you know how he made his first millions? He did it by organising seminars for top government parastatals and there after he shifted to real estates and the rest is history today.

I can't say more than... Find a niche with a problem and help solve that problem.

The secret of the world millionaires is that they are solving people problem one way or the other.

Like zig ziglar said:" if you can help just people get what they want, you can anything you want"
Information Rules The World--The Information Age.

My regards to your husband and family.

1 Like

Re: Husband Sacked From Bank Job by jpphilips(m): 12:47pm On May 12, 2012
pro01: Nothing tests the 'goodness' of one's wife more than losing one's job or running into troubled waters in one's business. If, unfortunately, the situation doesn't turn around quickly enough, even the most virtuous and respectful of wives metamorphose into total she-devils before their husbands very eyes, and the once rosy marriage becomes a field of thorns. Even this one that just lost his job, the wife is already pushing him to 'go out' when he is still trying to reassess his situation and take a deep breath. Go out to where? Is that how people find white collar jobs in this country? By going out to God-knows-where even without prior connections or applications and whatnot? Soon he'll be forced to dress up in the morning and head out to some nice beer parlour somewhere to kill time with younger dudes or other men that are in similar predicaments. I know a couple of guys like that. At least that would be better than staying at home and being branded 'lazy' or 'unambitious' by their wives.

As for you, OP, the bitter truth is that no matter how hard you purport to 'support' him through this trying time, your patience would fizzle out sooner than later - unless you husband gets his groove back by hook or crook. As such, there is little advice one can realistically give you in the circumstances, knowing how inelastic women's patience is when it comes to matters concerning money and financial security in their men. I'd rather advice your husband to strategize, network, and do whatever it takes to get another job at all costs. Who knows, with your prayers and his desperate measures, he might yet get his life back on track sooner than we think. It's really a do or die affair for him.

isn't it unfortunate how a woman that has been leeching on this man for years is spewing thrash because he lost his job, you don't want to sustain the family with your income for a while but you want him to sustain your excesses with his blood. is there any company or investment your father left for your husband in times like this? the only thing i can deduce from your tenacity is acute selfishness, you want summer hols, fashionable attires, chauffeur and flashy cars, lol, learn to be doing it with your salary now ode!! suggest to him to hang himself because you don't want him in the house, or better still file for a divorce and taste the other side of life bingo!!

1 Like

Re: Husband Sacked From Bank Job by harakiri(m): 1:40pm On May 12, 2012

Well said man. This thread proves once again that marriage isn't about "unconditional love" as people tend to profess. A man has lost his job, he's been home for just a few weeks and already the whole world now knows her husband is jobless (no doubt all her friends,neighbors,family/relatives and church members already know her husband is out of work...what a shame!!!). The man struggled to save N6million in this harsh economy and she's complaining. What if he had no savings? She would probably have kicked him out of the house (just like that Nollywood actor that was kicked out of the house into the street by his wife due to his protracted illness and poor financial situation). So much for "love".

@Unmarried guys on nairaland

Abeg, make una dey read and learn from all dis yeye threads wey NL mama's dey post to understand wetin marriage dey about. No let any woman deceive you say na becos of luv she wan marry you. All na lie lie. D day wey shi shi no dey pocket, she go change am for you. Better know what you are getting into before you get into it.

Nuff said!

3 Likes

Re: Husband Sacked From Bank Job by redcliff: 2:11pm On May 12, 2012
He's relaxing because d tot of 6m is still blowing in his mind. If he had less than 2m he'l be more nervous than his wife
Re: Husband Sacked From Bank Job by here: 3:23pm On May 12, 2012
Ma'am,recently I learnt that its ok to be weak sometimes.
Most persons have suggested you give him time,its ok
but others feel there is no time,that also is true but how you go about it depends on the kind of man you have,so you decide by the kind of man with whom you have 4 kids.
I will you to note the following though :
-Cut down on bills and that includes kids fees(there are nice schools that pay less,you are responsible if you can find them not by that you can pay more) and rent if you live in a large house.
-Consider the spiritual strength of ur household.I'm a practicing christian but I read my horoscope,that of my wife and kids and close workers(bcz its when I know what your prediction says I can tell whats happening to you).I'm not ruling out that God cannot lead me and I help you,but sometimes I have to wait to know my wife's disposition by weekly,monthky or daily prediction or after prayers together to know when to ask "Honey do you have something u like to do as I like to talk abt this or can we later today".Really the polished side of this some call it emotional intelligence but it helps in communication. Also if for instance it says this year he wouldnt get a job,then he would know how to plan and pray to change that.
-I dnt knw how after 4 kids you both didnt sit for 30mins to plan for a time like this,its disturbing.Most marriages I see are filled with competition and everyone on his own,his job/her job,thats why husbands/wifes dnt know anything about each other's profession and when he/she is drying, the affected party feels the other cannot help and bottles up.Its wrong of him to bottle up,but if you stick around he'll say sorry later.
-its not easy being on paid job to be dismissed and even if one has billions to setup a business,but try and findout his plans and how you can help(help and not ask him if you should,more of like build it like he would with you).He might be smart to have saved,but if its long term savings without having invested it then you have a man that needs little help mentaly bcz there is Fed Govt TBills he could have fixed 2M and other stuffs that are risk free and he couldnt.
Really I read this since morning and was feeling very concerned but I bowed my head and prayed for your family
pls take care of that home,thats why men make you their medical proxy when they are going under(they trust you with their life). Whether he comes back psychologicaly or not(which we dnt pray),we all signed to be with our mates and to bear each others burden,thats what it was about from the start,even if he doesnt deserve more,do it for God(I have seen a woman take over training of 6kids and no help but God,she died but was happy she did her best and guess what one is a Senior Manager today in Central Bank and others doing so well and each with min BSc)

1 Like

Re: Husband Sacked From Bank Job by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 12, 2012
jp philips:

isn't it unfortunate how a woman that has been leeching on this man for years is spewing thrash because he lost his job, you don't want to sustain the family with your income for a while but you want him to sustain your excesses with his blood. is there any company or investment your father left for your husband in times like this? the only thing i can deduce from your tenacity is acute selfishness, you want summer hols, fashionable attires, chauffeur and flashy cars, lol, learn to be doing it with your salary now ode!! suggest to him to hang himself because you don't want him in the house, or better still file for a divorce and taste the other side of life bingo!!
LMFAO, gahdamn, obviously she is just a little concern, so just chill, aint that serious...
Re: Husband Sacked From Bank Job by mbulela: 5:33pm On May 12, 2012
ikooko:
I agree but not someone who is out of job with idle 6m
6m seems like a lot of money to you.Believe me, it is not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Earn 40,000 Monthly Can I Get Married. / My Childhood Friend, Spiritual Guide Told Me My Mother-In-Law Is A Witch / What The Meaning Of Eko Oni Baje Ooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.