Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... (28618 Views)

Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) / Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by freesoul3(f): 8:01am On Jun 12, 2012
kingoflag: Onlytruth the mouthy warrior, stop acting like a b***h and stop trying to get the last word in. A girl has already shown you how to think logically, don't be ashamed, swallow ur pride and move on. See now why your wife left you and why your kids won't talk to you anymore? Smh Be a man. Shake your d**k after you pee and stop acting like your perpetually on your period. In the mean time, log off Nairaland and go talk to females, visit friends, go to a bar, find a girlfriend..... GET A LIFE!!! You take this viral world too serious its starting to get worrisome...damn!

yaribamaggot
how many kids did yu fk out of ya mama
why did kill yua uncle for gbomojuju

can't yu see that igbo people are your gods? cool
oya worship us now!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by 401kk: 9:29am On Jun 12, 2012
PointB:

@Ogugua,
maybe this will help you further, consider us as "Anambra Association in California', not 'Nigerian Association in California'. It's as simple as that.

More like it my man. I really don't understand why she's even in a ethnic association when according to her "nigeria is corrupt from head to toe". Why can't she scoff at her anambra and neeni association in california, telling them that they're wasting their time since "nigeria is corrupt from head to toe".
The girl is simply enjoying the cheap accolades she garnering for her unrealistic comments on real issues. She should enjoy it while it lasts
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by FACE(m): 12:08pm On Jun 12, 2012
Ogugua,

You assumed that we intend to use letter writing as the only tool for our task. You breezed through my post without pausing to read what I wrote. I said that:

We realise that Nigeria is hitting below par and that our reps are incorrigible. There are some people among us who have links and contacts to reach our leaders to bombard them with ideas and demands. Through this grp, we also intend to reach the grassroots to enlighten them of the responsibilities of our reps. We also intend to make direct contact with real people.

This association is still at infancy, but we are determined to make it work.

In other words, I said that we intend to galvanise our actions through the links and contacts we have at our disposals. We intend to reach REAL people as well as internet people. We also intend to reach the grass root through personal involvement and contacts. I don’t see how all those are different from your suggestions up there.

I do not do pessimisms and I never fail before trying. I consider all options and adopt a strategy which is most suitable in my judgement.

Apart from the president and vice, the remaining political office holders were elected at state level, so we will target our leaders at state level. There are some projects, which are of no concern to someone in Lagos or Kano but very important to SE region and neighbours. We do not want conflict of interests to limit or hinder our progress. We will be focusing on changing Igboland for now, while participating in the national scheme of things.

You mentioned setting up picket lines and using megaphones in market places and handing out pamphlets in order to get people into mass action to achieve Enugu airport for example. I am sorry to say that is being simplistic and naïve.

There are times for militancy, there are times for dialogue and there also times for subtle pressure. The potent weapon of all is the education and awareness you create through interaction, which arms the populace for election day fight.

You don’t set up pickets and disrupt other people’s lives just because you think that an airport is the best thing in the world. Your pamphlets and megaphones will be wasted resources. As a business owner and manager, I know that you have to target your resources to where they are most effective and productive.

Let’s take your occupy protests for example; do you think that all Nigerians support subsidizing petroleum products? Do you not think that those who disagree with subsidy also have their own rights and deserve to use communal roads without fear of molestation? Do you not agree that people have rights to protest or stay at home or open their businesses as normal? Do you believe in freedom of choice?

Do you agree that it is not a sin/crime to abstain from joining your protests just as we acknowledge that you have the rights to peaceful protests and demonstration while recognising everyone’s rights?

You talked about Facebook as a communication medium, which we have not discounted. How is writing your opinion on Facebook going to change the leaders, going by your own assertion that they don’t read beyond 2 paragraphs of mails ?

You see that you contradicted yourself , because on one hand you said we should be in the trenches as the only means to reach the people and on the other hand you said that Facebook, which is also an online forum is a potent tool (I don’t dispute that by the way).

The question then begs; why did you choose to cheer people on from the safety of Facebook rather than going to the trench yourself?

There are several online groups already and several Facebook accounts with regards to activism in Nigeria, but we will work with them differently. Rather than proliferate more Facebook accounts, we will try to establish links with like minded groups out there.

Our mission is to add pressure to the leaders while sensitising the society and creating a base and alliances for joint action if required.

I also believe in joint action, but in a different way. I have put myself in the firing line before and paid for it. As a fresher in Uni, I was at the lead of demonstrations.

I was once in a group where we decided to force the hands of an establishment against an unfavourable decision they made. Realising our strength in numbers, we decided that we would go into meeting with the executives and negotiate the situation. We also agreed to resign en masse if they refused to rescind some of their decisions.

We had to go into the meeting one after the other and being the most vocal and leader of the group, I was called in before the other 23 people to discuss the issue at hand. They wanted me to discuss personal terms but I insisted on group terms. They told me that I was a very valued member of the establishment and that they were keen to retain me. As agreed with my group before hand, I told them point blank I was resigning my position if they were not ready to make communally beneficial concessions.

They asked me to take a seat in the waiting room while they called the others in for talks and I informed the rest of the group of my resignation as planned.

The others went into meetings with the executives, and as they filed out one by one; none of them could look me in the face… all of them had accepted personal terms: I had been betrayed and let down by those who stood to benefit less than my self if I had discussed personal terms.

I was called back into the meeting room and they tried to persuade me by assuring me that they had reached personal terms with the others. I told them that I was still going to resign as I could not work with the same set of people ( I felt a million daggers on my back). Two days later, management called me and offered me a post as a branch manager in another branch and I accepted the post. One year later, I ventured out on my own.

The epistle up there was to tell you that I also have strong principles and will rather prefer to work for common good.

At this point, I will inform you that I am also in touch with the grass root and creating employment at home. I intend/hope to lead Abia State one day or speak for Abia at the federal level. It is a journey which has started and being followed to the best of my ability. When the time comes, I will make it known here if I find it necessary.

For now, join us if you are convinced that there are many ways to skin a rat.

Lastly, I think you are intelligent and very passionate but I will advise that in future you should consider stating your opinion and advice without launching outright attack, filled with scorn and no solution proferred. You should never jump into the deep end without understanding the depth of the sea.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by achi4u(m): 2:13pm On Jun 12, 2012
Having be reading and following this thread from the onset,i make bold to state that Oguguo88 have deraild this discussion and i applaud her to soft paddal...pls,stop exposing us to the 'harsh weather'(Nigeria factor) and allow us to fight for our fate.
Again,this discussion MUST continue "maka na anaghi eji mgbagbu aghara ogu"our destine is in our hands of which we should not allowed an outsiders to detact for us____daz Igbo spirit.

I greet everyone here inrespective of your comments,the truth must always standout,morever we're not here for debates rather to chat the way forward for IGBOs first.

In a nuttshell,if you're here to distract us rather than profer solutions for Igbo intrest.pls catapot urself to other sections made for you.

jide nuu ka unu ji.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by LogicMind: 2:16pm On Jun 12, 2012
kingoflag: There's clearly a difference in the thought process of people that were born/raised outside Nigeria, and those that spent their whole lives in Nigeria---ESPECIALLY amongst the supposedly most educated and most industrious group in the world. A lot of you need to just organize a picnic of like minds on the edge of a cliff and sip on chilled "Poison on the rocks" and wait for the effects to kick in, because, if peace is what is needed in Nigeria your like will ALWAYS be an hinderance with your affinity for hate mongering.

who needs sharia peace?
abeg give me my country
Biafra!, your children are crying out for you.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by PointB: 2:22pm On Jun 12, 2012
Please for the avoidance of confusion, the Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Newslettter sign-up page is here:

http://igbolist.tk/
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by LogicMind: 2:27pm On Jun 12, 2012
alj harem: Imagine Uche, Ola and Musa all living Lagos. Then Ola decides to write to Lagos governor affect all of them from Uche to Musa not knowing that Uche does not care about him and Musa nor for the state but only care about what is going on in the east aka alaigbo.

is that all you can imagine?
imagine Uche, Ola and Musa passing an exam, Uche gets best grades but is refused admission because he is from Alaigbo.
imagine Uche, Ola and Musa worshipping their gods, Uche's family gets bombed because he is from Alaigbo.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by PointB: 2:45pm On Jun 12, 2012
PointB:
Please for the avoidance of confusion, the Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Newslettter sign-up page is here:

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by noiseless: 4:25pm On Jun 12, 2012
Umuigbo mmamanu o, ka anya di anyi na ala, onye obuna nke na amaghi mo bu kwa nke ihe na edoghi anya ka owelu obi di umeala ojuo ajuju, ka ako wasiri ya ma dozie ya anya o. Ndewo nu!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 12, 2012
Logic Mind:

who needs sharia peace?
abeg give me my country
Biafra!, your children are crying out for you.
Bro, go through my old posts: I am not in support of one Nigeria as it is presently structured. Full Federalism, Regionalism, or full,total and complete split. Option 3 is my wish tho. . . . But, wat do I know? Afterall, once you have a dispute with these mor*ons you're automatically a Yoruba. Smh
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 1:22am On Jun 13, 2012
FACE,

Sorry about mistaking your response. I must have missed where you mentioned it. I got the impression that it was emails only from others though.

We will be focusing on changing Igboland for now, while participating in the national scheme of things.

Thank you for reiterating this.

I do not see being loud and handing out pamphlets as simplistic or naïve. The only way to become known or make something known is to announce it. Musicians start by handing out mixtapes and CDs. New business owners hand out flyers and business cards. Those who just opened a restaurant give out samples in hopes of bringing potential customers back. Besides, what is the real-life equivalent of this thread? Is it not an announcement on a door? Click/open to enter? Handing out flyers is a basic strategy, foolproof, and relatively inexpensive. It’s easy, brings awareness, and puts you in direct contact with people.

Nigerians are number one in terms of people who need some kind of disruption. Nigerians are complacent and nonchalant when they really have no right to be. Not with the kind of conditions in which people live. Nigerians want things to change and they have no idea how to go about it, or choose not to because they’re skeptical. As a result, most have resigned to the “siddown look” and “e go better” mentalities. You have to find a way to get through to them.

I do believe in freedom of choice. I also believe in being aggressive. It is possible to be aggressive and civil at the same time. No, not all Nigerians support subsidizing petroleum products, but how do you find out who does and who doesn’t? You don’t have to take over communal roads and you don’t have to prevent people from opening their businesses. Like you said, the office is small, but going outside conventions can help make it grow. The local Occupy group here, Occupy Sacramento, is still small. They have a table set up on a sidewalk with forms, petitions, flyers, buttons, etc. Anything to get their message across, but they’re not being disruptive. If someone walks by, simply engage someone in small conversation. Not everyone will tell you yes or give you their ears, but someone will.

I didn’t contradict myself. I didn’t say Facebook will change leaders either. If that was the case, GEJ would have left office and taken all the rogue politicians with him by now. I said that more people need to be involved. A way to get maximum people involved is by showing face everywhere. Nairaland, Facebook, Twitter, a website (which I’ve seen), and then outside as well.

Do you agree that it is not a sin/crime to abstain from joining your protests just as we acknowledge that you have the rights to peaceful protests and demonstration while recognising everyone’s rights?

It isn’t a sin.

The question then begs; why did you choose to cheer people on from the safety of Facebook rather than going to the trench yourself?

I am 6,000 miles away and I’m a student. I simply couldn’t as it wasn’t practical and I had no funds for it.

I agreed with their cause, so I assisted them. Words of encouragement, phone calls, messages, organizing. They all count for something. Did you get the chance to see the Occupy Nigeria protests in New York?

If you were the leader of that group, then why didn’t you tell any of them not to enter the room? Or tell the executives that either they hold the meeting as a group or no meeting at all? I’m sure you knew why they wanted you in one by one.

I wish you the best of luck with your ambitions.

My initial post may have come across the wrong way, but I stand by what I said. I don’t believe in selectivity. We all read each others’ posts, so there’s no point in anyone denying their behaviors when we can prove it. What I’ve seen from some Igbos has disappointed me. Like many of you said, charity begins at home, so I stated my concerns here.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by nduchucks: 1:56pm On Jun 13, 2012
Double post
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by FACE(m): 1:58pm On Jun 13, 2012
Ogugua,

Thanks for being articulate. I do have my reservations concerning some of your points though, but that's down to individual differences, preferences and methodology so I wont argue with your position.

Thanks for acknowledging that your initial post "may have come acrosss the wrong way, but I stand by what I said", but there was nothing positive in that post to "stand by".

It was an unprovoked attack on an organisation you knew nothing about, without first finding out what the organisation was about.

It was an outright onslaught on other people's rights to free association and freedom of choice. It was an attempt to define what other people's priorities should be. I can go on but I will leave it at that.

I will leave you with your statement below; ponder on it and conclude if it has any bearing to answers you have received so far.

ogugua88:

I agree with this last bit. I don't know what "The Igbo Cause" is. Nigeria is a mess in its entirety. I don't know how they find time or opportunity to focus on "The Igbo Cause". It's embarrassing that there are people who are still calling themselves Biafrans, who are still fighting for a(n) Biafran/Igbo cause, who can't put their vendettas aside to deal with a much bigger problem. They may think Igbos are the best tribe or have their own agenda, but they still come from Nigeria, one of the most unstable, feared nations not only in the continent, but in the world. Some priorities need to be straightened.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by nduchucks: 2:00pm On Jun 13, 2012
You people should take a chill pill, relax, regroup, and learn from your mistakes, instead of shamelessly continuing to defend it. In furtherance of this ya relaxation, please read this, for lack of a better term, Igbo haiku.

CASHLESS ECONOMY

An Ijaw man invited friends for his mother’s burial
after lowering the coffin, they put yam. Rice, meat e.t.c. into the grave.

A Hausa man smiled & said. “According to our tradition, the dead go on a long journey & need all the food items they can get”

The Hausa man dropped, N200,000 inside and said, “When za food finish, buy more”. Not to be outdone, the Yoruba friend dropped N150,000 and said, add this in case Yahaya’s contributions are not enough.

The Igboman, Nwabuzo, smiled and brought out his check book and wrote a cheque of N400,000, drooped it in the coffin & took N350,000 notes change, then said, “Nwanne, withdraw when you reach dia o, its going to be a dangerous journey, we don’t know how many robbers are out there, so its better to go cashless.

Igbo Kwezenu!!! cheesy
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by noiseless: 4:27pm On Jun 13, 2012
@Oguguo. If recieving praises from those who do not waste time to threaten to spil the blood of "your fellow igbo men/women and children" like the NDU_CHUCKS & CO of this world do online and still carry out their threat in real life is what gives you joy, and trying to appear as "ballanced igbo" to your e-friends even when your "igbo brothers/sisters" are not only being denied the right to live in many parts of that your one sweet "nigeria", but also their early graves being dug by your the "honest hausa/Yoruba" and you still come here to blast us bitterly, for not taking part in your misplced fuel subsidy protest priority which at that momment was and still is to us in our own right a protest of shame,when many many families in igboland and their relatives abroad were mourning their loved ones who were murdered by the same "saintly nigerians" of yours, then something most have gone wrong with the informations you were fed about nigeria, or maybe to you, just like so many of nigerians, the matterial things/crude oil and riches are more valued than that of igbo lives as long as nigeria is concerned what a shame. I suggest you go home and start your know it all nigeria home works afresh, by the way we are have gotten used to people like you e.g JIM NWABODO & CO.WELL ENJOY YOUR STREAM OF PRAISES FLOWING TOWARDS YOU WHILE IT LASTS.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by 401kk: 4:32pm On Jun 13, 2012
ndu_chucks: You people should take a chill pill, relax, regroup, and learn from your mistakes, instead of shamelessly continuing to defend it. In furtherance of this ya relaxation, please read this, for lack of a better term, Igbo haiku.

CASHLESS ECONOMY

A Hausa man smiled & said. “According to our tradition, the dead go on a long journey & need all the food items they can get”

The Hausa man dropped, N200,000 inside and said, “When za food finish, buy more”. Not to be outdone, the Yoruba friend dropped N150,000 and said, add this in case Yahaya’s contributions are not enough.

The Igboman, Nwabuzo, smiled and brought out his check book and wrote a cheque of N400,000, drooped it in the coffin & took N350,000 notes change, then said, “Nwanne, withdraw when you reach dia o, its going to be a dangerous journey, we don’t know how many robbers are out there, so its better to go cashless.

Igbo Kwezenu!!! cheesy

Old joke made up by uche ogbuagu over 8 years ago. it is now boring
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by noiseless: 5:05pm On Jun 13, 2012
You didn't tell us that the woman was violated and murdered by red eyed gworo and khart chewing supporter of APC BOKO HARAM DEMONS like you.
ndu_chucks: You people should take a chill pill, relax, regroup, and learn from your mistakes, instead of shamelessly continuing to defend it. In furtherance of this ya relaxation, please read this, for lack of a better term, Igbo haiku.

CASHLESS ECONOMY

Igbo Kwezenu!!! cheesy
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by onyeokwu: 6:21pm On Jun 13, 2012
This ogugua nonentity is really annoying please brothers ignore her and concentrate because i am enjoying this discussion
and i appreciate what you guys are doing
onye nwere unu were nmadu
i have registered for the mailing list waiting to hear from you
GOD BLESS YOU ALL
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by nduchucks: 6:24pm On Jun 13, 2012
@noiseless & 401kk, if the facial muscles of you people are so extirpated that you can't even smile, you are on your own.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by PointB: 7:07pm On Jun 13, 2012
PointB: Please for the avoidance of confusion, the Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland Newslettter sign-up page is here:

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 14, 2012
FACE: Ogugua,

Thanks for being articulate. I do have my reservations concerning some of your points though, but that's down to individual differences, preferences and methodology so I wont argue with your position.

Thanks for acknowledging that your initial post "may have come acrosss the wrong way, but I stand by what I said", but there was nothing positive in that post to "stand by".

It was an unprovoked attack on an organisation you knew nothing about, without first finding out what the organisation was about.

It was an outright onslaught on other people's rights to free association and freedom of choice. It was an attempt to define what other people's priorities should be. I can go on but I will leave it at that.

I will leave you with your statement below; ponder on it and conclude if it has any bearing to answers you have received so far.

It was out of anger. There are a few members in this group that I truly don't appreciate. I see them more as conspiracy theorists and fear mongerers who spin news to suit their theories. It may have been an attack on the group, but I assumed that the purpose of the leader was to represent this group. If that's not the case, then I apologize.

I've already registered for the newsletter but I'll still be keeping my eyes peeled.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by FACE(m): 8:46am On Jun 14, 2012
ogugua88:

It was out of anger. There are a few members in this group that I truly don't appreciate. I see them more as conspiracy theorists and fear mongerers who spin news to suit their theories. It may have been an attack on the group, but I assumed that the purpose of the leader was to represent this group. If that's not the case, then I apologize.

I've already registered for the newsletter but I'll still be keeping my eyes peeled.

Bless you. I should point out that what you call conspiracy theories and fear mongering may not be entirely baseless and might be from personal experiences and facts on the ground. They might just be their reactions to situations they found distasteful, just like you reacted during the occupy period.

I am sure that when you were eager for Nigerians to hit the streets, you went ahead and showed your support regardless of whether area boys and extortionists were also going to join the protests.

I am not saying that you should participate in something, regardless of the characters of your associates or their ideology, but you have to realise that they have the rights to express their fears and convinctions as long as their views and opinions do not set out to disparage others or to preach the hatred of other people. In other words, everyone's rights must stop where the next person's rights start.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 5:01pm On Jun 14, 2012
FACE:

Bless you. I should point out that what you call conspiracy theories and fear mongering may not be entirely baseless and might be from personal experiences and facts on the ground. They might just be their reactions to situations they found distasteful, just like you reacted during the occupy period.

I am sure that when you were eager for Nigerians to hit the streets, you went ahead and showed your support regardless of whether area boys and extortionists were also going to join the protests.

I am not saying that you should participate in something, regardless of the characters of your associates or their ideology, but you have to realise that they have the rights to express their fears and convinctions as long as their views and opinions do not set out to disparage others or to preach the hatred of other people. In other words, everyone's rights must stop where the next person's rights start.

Thank you my brother FACE!

Umu Igbo, please be proud to fight for your interests in Nigeria!
Never allow anyone to blackmail you or force you to start dancing to the sounds of the Nigerian cacophony.

Onye na amaghi ebe mmiri bidoro maba ya agaghi ama ebe o kwusiri!

When we fix Igboland, the rest of Nigeria may copy from us if they want. Their fate does not necessarily tie with ours. If that were the case, there would have been at least ONE FULLY FUNCTIONING INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT IN SE NIGERIA. There is none, and nobody is fighting for us to obtain that except ourselves.

So, let us focus on our interests in Nigeria. Ubochi isi, ka anyi kpukwuo ma afuonu! -the day we barb the head, we also barb the beard! Okwu Igbo. cool

Onye ga enye anyi International Airport, so that we stop dying on the roads to other regions just to board an international flight? Umu ibe, that is one (if not the most) urgent task at hand! Our empowerment begins with international access.

Here I stand! cool cool cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 5:09pm On Jun 14, 2012
When we began this journey, we decided to shape our movement in a tranformative and different way.
Movements that seek to change the status quo are always targets of ambient forces trying to retain the status quo.
After 6 months of constant design work, I concluded that what we want in this movement is not a spear because spears are tactically strong weapons, but strategically weak weapons. Notice that a spear can be broken very easily. Also notice that the head of the spear can be taken out and the spear becomes irrelevant afterwards. Again notice that a spear can only kill one at a time, and most importantly spears cannot bring down trees or large obstacles and barriers.

So, I set out to design a CHAINSAW style of leadership/movement. cool

Every Igbo person, or Eastern Nigerian or Nigerian (if they want to join later) form a tooth in the chain. Each tooth is connected to the next tooth by the force of universal truth and justice. Even the darkest forces of the universe cannot stop this train, because no one owns it! cool

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by lateef4me(m): 5:31pm On Jun 14, 2012
I admire this initiative and I do hope Yoruba on nairaland will be able to emulate this .Journey of a thousand miles,starts with a step.....
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by ifyalways(f): 8:53pm On Jun 14, 2012
Wow @ thread.
I reserve my comment. . .
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by samkoro: 11:55pm On Jun 14, 2012
ogugua88:

I agree with this last bit. I don't know what "The Igbo Cause" is. Nigeria is a mess in its entirety. I don't know how they find time or opportunity to focus on "The Igbo Cause". It's embarrassing that there are people who are still calling themselves Biafrans, who are still fighting for a(n) Biafran/Igbo cause, who can't put their vendettas aside to deal with a much bigger problem. They may think Igbos are the best tribe or have their own agenda, but they still come from Nigeria, one of the most unstable, feared nations not only in the continent, but in the world. Some priorities need to be straightened.

O ga adi mma ka anyi na asu Igbo na ufodu ihe di mkpa anyi na ekwu ebea ,maka na ndi ofe mmanu na ndi iro anyi ga na ege nti na ihe anyi na ekwu. Igbo cause di otutu,mana anyi ga ewoputa ofu ihe anyi ga.The questions are
1)What cause to pursue-political,social,scientific,economic etc although they are interelated
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by samkoro: 12:19am On Jun 15, 2012
[quote author=alj harem]Imagine Uche, Ola and Musa all living Lagos. Then Ola decides to write to Lagos governor affect all of them from Uche to Musa not knowing that Uche does not care about him and Musa nor for the state but only care about what is going on in the east aka alaigbo.
@ al harem

He doesn't care cos u made it so.He has tried over the years to be a Nigerian but suddenly disovered that enthnic bigotry as established by Awo is the name of the game to date
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by mpumalanga: 3:27pm On Jun 15, 2012
I appreciate all the efforts to bear the sacrifice of leadership
for our people with all its challenges. I have benefited a lot
from the information many of you have been sharing here.

I want to add that the tendency of some igbos to play the one Nigeria
game more than Nigeria itself is not a new thing but it should not worry
anybody because AKPUSI GBAA OTULE,OMULU AKO.Another thing is that our leadership
should try to guide our people in sensitive positions to be very careful and
wise so that none of them will go out of line for the so called collaboration
to achieve change.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by achi4u(m): 4:02pm On Jun 15, 2012
samkoro:

O ga adi mma ka anyi na asu Igbo na ufodu ihe di mkpa anyi na ekwu ebea ,maka na ndi ofe mmanu na ndi iro anyi ga na ege nti na ihe anyi na ekwu. Igbo cause di otutu,mana anyi ga ewoputa ofu ihe anyi ga.The questions are
1)What cause to pursue-political,social,scientific,economic etc although they are interelated

Nwanne m ajuju gi amaka,anyi ga ebu-uzo zota ala tupu anyi azoba ute,ya mere na anyi ga eburugodu uzo mezie okwa ochichi obodo anyi biakwa saa anyi na mmiri ma hoputakwa ndi ga abu ndi-ezi ndi ndu.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Beaf: 1:54am On Jun 16, 2012
Gbawe:

My guy, you can say what you want. The entire forum knows I am not an extrovert or 'busy-body' when it comes to the affairs of other ethnic groups. Even you, unless you now want to take to lying shamelessly, will admit I am never ever on these sort of thread for anyone to even be able to remotely label me as wanting to "score cheap points off Igbos[b] as usual[/b]".

Make me an Igbo-hater if you want but the truth bears this out to be a figment of your paranoid mind. I defend my ethnic group but, unlike you and many others in your mould, I always stay on my side of the fence and never attack any ethnic group here on this forum. In fact the reasons I avoid any topic to do with Igbos on NL is because the Igbos here are simply paranoid plus over-sensitive like yourself and only looking to confirm the hatred against them in the writing of every Yoruba person. This is why Afam4eva can say I hate Igbos because I used an i instead of a capital letter when I wrote Igbo. How twisted is that? A typo error is now conclusive proof of bigotry!!!! That was a personal lesson for me that most of you on this forum simply want to forcefully insist every Yoruba person hates you. It became obvious many of you are here to increase e-fighting and enmity with other ethnic group becuase of whatever unresolved issues your are grappling with. To that end, I avoid you all .

That said, I cannot stand needless bullying and that is the only reason I speak here. If you want to keep fooling yourself I speak here for whatever reasons take the fancy of your paranoid delusions ,when the archives show I give you guys and your topics a very wide berth, please be my guest.

I'm taking my time to read through this entire thread and frankly am irritated by the continious stream of smug hypocrisy you have been spewing like an out of control fountain. Perhaps you are too thick to understand that everyone see's through you.

Pathetic.

Dude, I was invited here by an NLer, noiseless; otherwise, I would mind my business and go by without interupting. You on the other hand, think it is your duty to talk down to others from other ethnicities; a raging poison and tragic volumes of disrespect flow through your words which are as hate-filled and bitter as always.

Desist.

Please allow others enjoy the thread without your constant interjections of idiocy. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

Explosion At Mr Biggs In Karu, Abuja / Throwback Picture Of Nnamdi Azikiwe And Nkrumah In The 1960s / Gov Abdulrazaq Sacks Driver for Careless Handling Of Suspected COVID-19 Patient

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.