Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... (28612 Views)

Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) / Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by FACE(m): 10:20pm On Jun 09, 2012
Onlytruth:

People like you are what we call "Ndi ogba ka o data ego" - translated (because I can almost be certain that you cannot read Igbo ) it means those who would throw their clans, families and friends under the bus just to win the approval of others, or to appear "fair minded". If you were a man, you would be called something much worse (like efulefu, lol).
I say this, not on the strength of your post above, but on your general posts on Nairaland.
Our (IGBO - yes we are still here and will continue to talk! cool) people say that "Onye siri na umunna ya na awi ara, na ara nke onye ahu ka!" -a person who thinks that ALL his kinsmen are mad, that person is suffering from the worst kind of insanity. undecided
Nuff said.

This thread is not really for people like you who thinks that Igbo redemption lies in our disappearance, or total silence and subsumption under other groups in Nigeria. To you, we should never self identify; we should just shut up and tip toe around, unheard. Unfortunately for people like you with the WORST type of inferiority complex and self hate, we are a nation of about 40 million people. cool
Only a fool would believe that such a HUGE nation can ever be silent.
Keep deceiving your self and your few brainless minions on Nairaland. cool

Good response to arrant nonsense. Ndeewo !
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by ACM10: 10:20pm On Jun 09, 2012
Onlytruth:

People like you are what we call "Ndi ogba ka o data ego" - translated (because I can almost be certain that you cannot read Igbo ) it means those who would throw their clans, families and friends under the bus just to win the approval of others, or to appear "fair minded". If you were a man, you would be called something much worse (like efulefu, lol).
I say this, not on the strength of your post above, but on your general posts on Nairaland.
Our (IGBO - yes we are still here and will continue to talk! cool) people say that "Onye siri na umunna ya na awi ara, na ara nke onye ahu ka!" -a person who thinks that ALL his kinsmen are mad, that person is suffering from the worst kind of insanity. undecided
Nuff said.

This thread is not really for people like you who thinks that Igbo redemption lies in our disappearance, or total silence and subsumption under other groups in Nigeria. To you, we should never self identify; we should just shut up and tip toe around, unheard. Unfortunately for people like you with the WORST type of inferiority complex and self hate, we are a nation of about 40 million people. cool

Eze i ga adi o. cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by ACM10: 10:31pm On Jun 09, 2012
Onlytruth:

I laugh sometimes when people get scared and think that we are some evil merchants and die hard secessionists.
THAT IS FAR FROM THE TRUTH.

We are people who are tired of unbridled greed in our corner of Nigeria and want to change the agenda to what our ancestors would be happy about.

If we have these in Nigeria, there is no need for Biafra. FACT. cool

Kpomkwem!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by odumchi: 10:50pm On Jun 09, 2012
Anyi zuru ezu na eme.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 09, 2012
Onlytruth: People like you are what we call "Ndi ogba ka o data ego" - translated (because I can almost be certain that you cannot read Igbo ) it means those who would throw their clans, families and friends under the bus just to win the approval of others, or to appear "fair minded". If you were a man, you would be called something much worse (like efulefu, lol).
Nuff said.

I'm not throwing my clans, family, or anyone under the bus. I am Igbo, but I am Nigerian as well. It's not only Igbos that died in last week's plane crash or Boko Haram's strikes. All Nigerians are at danger, and I choose to use my efforts to strengthen my nation, including Igbos. What good does it do us if Igbos are successful and united but the rest of the nation is lagging? I am not trying to appear fair-minded. That's how I was born and raised by my 100% Igbo parents.

You think standing united as one Nigeria is the equivalent of Igbo "disappearance, or total silence and subsumption under other groups in Nigeria"? I'm appalled. Nigeria is a pot of different groups and tribes, each of which not being more or less important than the other. I don't suffer from inferiority complex or self-hate. You suffer from superiority complex and arrogance. I recall that during the fuel subsidy strikes, Igbos were silent, and you backed them by claiming that Igbos had no business protesting as it was none of our business, and then you supported Igbos when they protested weeks after the fact for their own cause.

I'm 100% Igbo and I'm proud of that fact. I am part of a committee for an Anambra association, as well as a Neni association in California. However, I'm also Nigerian. It is possible to be Igbo and Nigerian at the same time believe it or not. Corruption isn't plaguing Igbos alone. Bad roads aren't claiming the lives of Igbos alone. Boko Haram isn't attacking Igbos alone. Nigerians, including Igbos, are intelligent people, but I feel some of you only show your fullest potential when it comes to matters concerning Ndi Igbo. It's something I have noticed from many Igbos, including yourself. I say this without fear because I'm Igbo. You need to hear it from your own, because if I was Hausa or Yoruba, you wouldn't give me the time of day.

Martin Luther King Jr was an African American who believed in one United States. The Black Panthers believe in Black superiority. I think we know who has left a greater legacy.

3 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 12:13am On Jun 10, 2012
ogugua88:

I'm not throwing my clans, family, or anyone under the bus. I am Igbo, but I am Nigerian as well. It's not only Igbos that died in last week's plane crash or Boko Haram's strikes. All Nigerians are at danger, and I choose to use my efforts to strengthen my nation, including Igbos. What good does it do us if Igbos are successful and united but the rest of the nation is lagging? I am not trying to appear fair-minded. That's how I was born and raised by my 100% Igbo parents.

You think standing united as one Nigeria is the equivalent of Igbo "disappearance, or total silence and subsumption under other groups in Nigeria"? I'm appalled. Nigeria is a pot of different groups and tribes, each of which not being more or less important than the other. I don't suffer from inferiority complex or self-hate. You suffer from superiority complex and arrogance. I recall that during the fuel subsidy strikes, Igbos were silent, and you backed them by claiming that Igbos had no business protesting as it was none of our business, and then you supported Igbos when they protested weeks after the fact for their own cause.

I'm 100% Igbo and I'm proud of that fact. I am part of a committee for an Anambra association, as well as a Neni association in California. However, I'm also Nigerian. It is possible to be Igbo and Nigerian at the same time believe it or not. Corruption isn't plaguing Igbos alone. Bad roads aren't claiming the lives of Igbos alone. Boko Haram isn't attacking Igbos alone. Nigerians, including Igbos, are intelligent people, but I feel some of you only show your fullest potential when it comes to matters concerning Ndi Igbo. It's something I have noticed from many Igbos, including yourself. I say this without fear because I'm Igbo. You need to hear it from your own, because if I was Hausa or Yoruba, you wouldn't give me the time of day.

Martin Luther King Jr was an African American who believed in one United States. The Black Panthers believe in Black superiority. I think we know who has left a greater legacy.

Please in the name of ALMIGHTY GOD, do not EVER compare the United States with ANYTHING in Nigeria. angry I beg you.
Don't insult a GREAT country. angry

As for the rest of what you said, I will refer you again to what I said already about someone who thinks that his kinsmen are mad. If you take a rough poll here, about 90% + Igbo support my views here.FACT. cool
That leaves a minuscule you and rest who wants to reinvent the wheel when we are already in the age of aircrafts and spaceships. Some older guy sounded just like you in the 50s and created a nation that was not negotiated properly, while another (a far younger guy) sounded just like me in the late 60s trying to create a negotiated nation.
Guess who history judged wiser? BTW guess who got a national burial complete with FULL military honors and his coffin carried by GENERALS? Hint, it was the younger man who sounded just like me, while the older guy who sounded just like you has his tomb overgrown by grass today.
Na so life be. sad

This was never another session of useless argument with you. It was a lesson session, and I have delivered my lesson. Take it or leave it. To make yourself feel better, whenever you see us "Igbo bigots" chatting how to survive, please ignore us and move on. BTW can you read Igbo? lol

3 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 12:17am On Jun 10, 2012
To all other readers.

We DO NOT believe in the superiority of Igbo over any other tribe in Nigeria.
We simply believe in equal opportunity, justice, peace and progress.
The near lack of the above, and the "victor" mentality is part of the greatest problem facing Nigeria.
Without justice, there is NO WAY NIGERIA CAN SURVIVE.
Simple truth.

So, please ignore those who hate themselves and somehow can't admit it in public.
That I want peace and progress for MY PEOPLE does not mean I hate others.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 12:37am On Jun 10, 2012
You don't have superiority complex, yet you keep asking me if I can read Igbo. No, I can't read Igbo. Go ahead and strip me of my Igbohood.

Call a spade a spade. Nigeria is not greater than Botswana, talkless of the US, thanks to poor governance and poor mentalities.

It doesn't matter who supports you or how many. Many people supported GEJ and see how that has turned out. What matters is your ideology or way of doing things. I'm only stating my opinion which is in conflict with yours. If it's a big funeral that your aiming for, be my guest. I can die and be buried with no coffin in mud. If I died with good values, knowing I fought for what I believe in, being true equality amongst all Nigerians, then I am fine.

If I saw equal opportunity in what you and others wrote on NL, then I wouldn't have bothered posting in this thread. You're not fooling me with your disclaimer.

4 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by PointB: 12:48am On Jun 10, 2012
ogugua88:

Let me pick the fuel subsidy strike and a few other comments of yours.

If we (Igbos) did not join in that strike, does that not mean anything to you? Have you forgotten that prior to that strike, for all intent and purpose, it appears like Igbos were being targeted and hacked down in their numbers by Boko Haram in the North? Besides, was fuel subsidy the biggest headache of Igbo, and indeed Nigeria? When the issue of second niger bridge, and international airport, and indeed federal presence in Igboland is what we should be protesting for? Look around you. Is Igboland not part of Nigeria? To what extent has successive central government demonstrated this? Beside, are there no bigger issues in Nigeria than the fuel subsidy removal that warrants such vigorous politically motivated protest?. I thought you will be pleased that Igbos did not go the way of herd mentality!

As per showing our full potential on matter concerning Ndi Igbo, I don't know where that come from, and I haven't really observed it. And I think if Igbo were to really act selfishly, the bulk of our investments will find the way back home. In any case, Nigeria is tending towards regionalism, if we can get as many Igbo man and woman to think 'Igboland' that's a fine start.

By the way to avoid contradicting yourself, you should consider quitting the Anambra association in California, and join the Nigeria Association, as it make more sense since you are more 'Nigerian' than other (Igbos). But I bet you won't, as you will realise like some of us that you disdain here that indeed 'Charity begins at home.' and that a prosperous, developed and thriving Igboland is good for Nigeria. And like OnlyTruth said, who want Biafra if we can have a just and fair Nigeria?

Peace be unto you my sister!

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 12:50am On Jun 10, 2012
ogugua88: You don't have superiority complex, yet you keep asking me if I can read Igbo. No, I can't read Igbo. Go ahead and strip me of my Igbohood.

Call a spade a spade. Nigeria is not greater than Botswana, talkless of the US, thanks to poor governance and poor mentalities.

It doesn't matter who supports you or how many. Many people supported GEJ and see how that has turned out. What matters is your ideology or way of doing things. I'm only stating my opinion which is in conflict with yours. If it's a big funeral that your aiming for, be my guest. I can die and be buried with no coffin in mud. If I died with good values, knowing I fought for what I believe in, being true equality amongst all Nigerians, then I am fine.

If I saw equal opportunity in what you and others wrote on NL, then I wouldn't have bothered posting in this thread. You're not fooling me with your disclaimer.

Honestly I normally ignore people with your level of understanding on Nairaland. I do that every time here.
I'm only responding to you because I see an opportunity to educate others as well.

So, you don't know why I inquired about your ability to read (or even speak )Igbo? undecided cry lol
That says it all about you. All I can say is that YOU KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about Nigeria. Simple fact.

Your opinions are as relevant as those of Ghanaians, Camerounian's or even Tanzanians as far as Nigerian politics is concerned. I can even guess that your first foray into Nigerian political issues is here on Nairaland.
So girl, where do I even begin with you.
Well, I think I should begin by telling you to censure your parents for not teaching you Igbo.

Umunne m na umunna m, unu ahula ihe na eme na o buru na unu akuzighiri umu unu Igbo. cry Quite sad.

Girl, you have NO LOCUS to discuss our issues, concerns, hopes and dreams.
So, please move on.

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 12:55am On Jun 10, 2012
Onlytruth: Honestly I normally ignore people with your level of understanding on Nairaland. I do that every time here.
I'm only responding to you because I see an opportunity to educate others as well.

So, you don't know why I inquired about your ability to read (or even speak )Igbo? undecided cry lol
That says it all about you. All I can say is that YOU KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about Nigeria. Simple fact.

Your opinions are as relevant as those of Ghanaians, Camerounian's or even Tanzanians as far as Nigerian politics is concerned. I can even guess that your first foray into Nigerian political issues is here on Nairaland.
So girl, where do I even begin with you.
Well, I think I should begin by telling you to censure your parents for not teaching you Igbo.

Umunne m na umunna m, unu ahula ihe na eme na o buru na unu akuzighiri umu unu Igbo. cry Quite sad.

Girl, you have NO LOCUS to discuss our issues, concerns, hopes and dreams.
So, please move on.

Superiority complex at its finest. I will save this. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 12:56am On Jun 10, 2012
PointB:

Let me pick the fuel subsidy strike and a few other comments of yours.

If we (Igbos) did not join in that strike, does that not mean anything to you? Have you forgotten that prior to that strike, for all intent and purpose, it appears like Igbos were being targeted and hacked down in their numbers by Boko Haram in the North? Besides, was fuel subsidy the biggest headache of Igbo, and indeed Nigeria? When the issue of second niger bridge, and international airport, and indeed federal presence in Igboland is what we should be protesting for? Look around you. [size=16pt]Is Igboland not part of Nigeria? To what extent has successive central government demonstrated this?[/size] Beside, are there no bigger issues in Nigeria than the fuel subsidy removal that warrants such vigorous politically motivated protest?. I thought you will be pleased that Igbos did not go the way of herd mentality!

As per showing our full potential on matter concerning Ndi Igbo, I don't know where that come from, and I haven't really observed it. And I think if Igbo were to really act selfishly, the bulk of our investments will find the way back home. In any case, Nigeria is tending towards regionalism, if we can get as many Igbo man and woman to think 'Igboland' that's a fine start.

By the way to avoid contradicting yourself, you should consider quitting the Anambra association in California, and join the Nigeria Association, as it make more sense since you are more 'Nigerian' than other (Igbos). But I bet you won't, as you will realise like some of us that you disdain here that indeed 'Charity begins at home.' and that a prosperous, developed and thriving Igboland is good for Nigeria. And like OnlyTruth said, who want Biafra if we can have a just and fair Nigeria?

God bless you my brother.
I bet you she has ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE what our struggles in Nigeria have been like.
Quite sad. sad

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 12:58am On Jun 10, 2012
ogugua88:

Superiority complex at its finest. I will save this. Cheers.

CLUELESSNESS at its most egregious stage.
Yes, we are superior slaves in Nigeria.
Please move on. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 12:59am On Jun 10, 2012
Hmnn some funny stuff shocked shocked
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 1:06am On Jun 10, 2012
Onlytruth: CLUELESSNESS at its most egregious stage.
Yes, we are superior slaves in Nigeria.
Please move on. Thank you.

Superior slaves because of who?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 1:09am On Jun 10, 2012
PointB: Let me pick the fuel subsidy strike and a few other comments of yours.

If we (Igbos) did not join in that strike, does that not mean anything to you? Have you forgotten that prior to that strike, for all intent and purpose, it appears like Igbos were being targeted and hacked down in their numbers by Boko Haram in the North? Besides, was fuel subsidy the biggest headache of Igbo, and indeed Nigeria? When the issue of second niger bridge, and international airport, and indeed federal presence in Igboland is what we should be protesting for? Look around you. Is Igboland not part of Nigeria? To what extent has successive central government demonstrated this? Beside, are there no bigger issues in Nigeria than the fuel subsidy removal that warrants such vigorous politically motivated protest?. I thought you will be pleased that Igbos did not go the way of herd mentality!

I'm in all three. Anambra Association, Neni Develoment Union, and Sacramento Association of Nigerians.

If you want a fair and free Nigeria, then you should start acting like it. Everyone wants the nation to break up because they think it's easier that way.

Fuel subsidy removal doesn't have to be your headache. If something is wrong, you can't stand against it? If wrong is wrong, I'll be vocal. You make it seem like Igbos weren't effected by the removal. People traveled to their villages in December and couldn't return home because prices doubled overnight.

I could not care less who the person is or where they are from. I will support a Hausaman or a Yorubaman if I feel he is more experienced than a fellow Igbo. I don't push anything due to region. That's silly.

4 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by PointB: 1:25am On Jun 10, 2012
ogugua88:

I'm in all three. Anambra Association, Neni Develoment Union, and Sacramento Association of Nigerians.

If you want a fair and free Nigeria, then you should start acting like it. Everyone wants the nation to break up because they think it's easier that way.

I am acting it starting in a bottom-up approach. How best can you build a nation if not by building a family, a clan, a community, an ethnic group, a society, a country, a nation! Gathering Igbos under the same umbrella, in unity, and harmony just like you are doing in the Anambra Association in California is part of the effort. Or perhaps you fail to see the connection, the correlation? Again- 'charity begins at home.'

Break-up? If everyone want the nation to break-up, it does not mean that breaking up is an easy option, it simply means it's an option. In fact, and on the contrary it is the hardest of all the option by every sense of the word. And perhaps pursuit of that option my help realise the need for justice and fairness. It might even help lay foundation for a better nation. The search for solution should not rule out any option!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 1:35am On Jun 10, 2012
At this stage, I wish to thank the council member who spent personal time and resources to make the website possible.
That is the spirit of collectivity and selflessness we need to move Igboland forward. cool
The idea is to do for Igboland, not expect Igboland to do for you.
A great, peaceful and prosperous Igboland is good for every Nigerian, and every African.
Backwardness in Igboland is BAD for Nigeria and Africa.

Charity begins at home.
We are PROUD to start fixing our home.

Onye na achoghi ya, ya gaa makuo igwe oku transformer. cool

Igbo kwenu! cool cool cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by PointB: 1:38am On Jun 10, 2012
@Ogugua,
The issue of fuel subsidy removal has been debated severally, and the conclusion was that the policy in itself is not bad, but the problem was the timing. Personally, I travelled home for xmas and was affected alongside several of my kiths and kin.

But why do people want change when they are unable to make sacrifice? I still want the whole subsidy removed, subsidizing consumption has never been a good policy anywhere in the world. Those who understood this concept did not protest, those who did were motivated by ignorance and to some extent politicians and oil cabals.

Regionalisation that you consider silly is the vogue now. Maybe one day, you will wake up to reality! I am done with you.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 1:38am On Jun 10, 2012
Umunne m na umunna m, anyi ga achupu oke ihu ego na anya na alaigbo!
Ihu ego na anya butere otutu ihe ojoo di iche iche, na otutu ana eri na afo ejughi na ala igbo.
Izu ori na ito mmadu sitere na ana eri na afo ejughi.

Ka anyi buru na obi na aku na uba nke uwa agaghi esoro anyi baa na ili.

O ga adiri ala Igbo mma!
Isee! cool cool cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 1:40am On Jun 10, 2012
Onlytruth: Umunne m na umunna m, anyi ga achupu oke ihu ego na anya na alaigbo!
Ihu ego na anya butere otutu ihe ojoo di iche iche, na otutu ana eri na afo ejughi na ala igbo.

O ga adiri ala Igbo mma!
Isee! cool cool cool

Wetin dey worry you? Abeg communicate in English!!!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 1:46am On Jun 10, 2012
PointB: I am acting liking it starting in a bottom up approach. How best can you build a nation if not by building a familiy, a clan, a community, an ethnic group, a society, a country, a nation! Gathering Igbos under the same umbrella, in unity, and harmony just like you are doing in the Anambra Association in California is part of the effort. Or perhaps you fail to see the connection, the correlation? Again- 'charity begins at home.'

Break-up? If everyone want the nation to break-up, it does not mean that breaking up is an easy option, it simply means it's an option. In fact, and on the contrary it is the hardest of all the option by every sense of the word. And perhaps pursuit of that option my help realise the need for justice and fairness. It might even help lay foundation for a better nation. The search for solution should not rule out any option!

I don't fail to see any connection. I fail to see how picking out Igbo plight and suffering does anyone any good. The entire nation is suffering. Suffering, pain, death, etc., do not discriminate. Yorubas are corrupt. Hausas are corrupt. Igbos are corrupt. Nigeria is facing several national problems that are like weeds. They need to pulled from the roots.

It may be the hardest option, but it's an option that many want, even though they haven't the slightest clue the repercussions. Let's say the nation breaks up or made into a few regions. What happens after that? Democracy is failing in Nigeria, not because it was executed poorly, but because it hasn't been executed at all. Ministers, governors, senators, representatives, and others lead us, but they do not know what our Constitution encompasses. I don't think regionalism or secession is the answer. If we have a leader who executes as he's supposed to, then Nigeria can be prosperous.

Because some of us chose to protest does not mean we did not understand concepts. Not only was the subsidy removal handled poorly, but we knew that the funds would not be used for infrastructure as promised by GEJ and PDP. Are you trying to tell me you cannot protest against corruption?

You may see it as unity and harmony, but what is uniting or harmonious about OnlyTruth considering me a lesser Igbo and even a lesser Nigerian because I do not know my father's native tongue? Will you support him on that as well?

Regionalism is en vogue as of now. GEJ was en vogue April of 2011. I don't jump bandwagons.

4 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 1:49am On Jun 10, 2012
bayooooooo:

My friend don't be an eddiot. The comment is written in Igbo to evade malicious followers like you.

I will translate it once, only to prove that your usual fears are pathetic and baseless.

My brothers and sisters, we must expel greed and love of money from Igboland!
Love of money and greed are the reasons behind all sorts of evil tormenting Igboland today.
Armed robbery, theft and kidnapping started from greed.

We must bear in mind that we can never take wealth to the grave.

O ga adiri ala Igbo mma!
It shall be well with Igboland!
Isee!
Amen!

Now go and learn Igbo because there are MANY Igbo people who can read Yoruba. undecided cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 2:01am On Jun 10, 2012
Onlytruth:

My friend don't be an eddiot. The comment is written in Igbo to evade malicious followers like you.

I will translate it once, only to prove that your usual fears are pathetic and baseless.

My brothers and sisters, we must expel greed and love of money from Igboland!
Love of money is the reason behind all sorts of evil tormenting Igboland today.
Armed robbery, theft and kidnapping started from greed.

We must bear in mind that we can never take wealth to the grave.

O ga adiri ala Igbo mma!
It shall be well with Igboland!
Isee!
Amen!

Now go and learn Igbo because there are MANY Igbo people who can read Yoruba. undecided cool

You really have issue.

My post is harmless and you take a parody of reality which is what Nairaland is all about damn too serious. How are you sure I don't understand Igbo? You sound so authoritative in everything Nigeria and perhaps you are not just the only one who understands the plight of Igbo but also have the sole power, the technical know how to safeguard Igbo interest. You know everything, you are the most knowledgeable, you are the best, You are second to none, infact anyone who disagrees with your views is a sell out and does not merit to be called Igbo. You are God, the Amadioha!!!

Enjoy your discussion Mazi Onlytruth.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 2:08am On Jun 10, 2012
So, now you have jumped from:

bayooooooo:

To:

bayooooooo:

You really have issue.

[b]My post is harmless and you take a parody [/b]of reality which is what Nairaland is all about damn too serious. How are you sure I don't understand Igbo? You sound so authoritative in everything Nigeria and perhaps you are not just the only one who understands the plight of Igbo but also have the sole power, the technical know how to safeguard Igbo interest. You know everything, you are the most knowledgeable, you are the best, You are second to none, infact anyone who disagrees with your views is a sell out and does not merit to be called Igbo. You are God, the Amadioha!!!

Enjoy your discussion Mazi Onlytruth.

Where is the parody in "ordering" me to write in English, when I am already being accused of being too Igbo for your own good?
My friend move over biko. undecided
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 2:10am On Jun 10, 2012
Cat fight - oguagua88 is my new omalicha nma. kiss kiss
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 2:12am On Jun 10, 2012
Onlytruth: So, now you have jumped from:

To:

Where is the parody in "ordering" me to write in English, when I am already being accused of being too Igbo for your own good?
My friend move over biko. undecided

I am not interested in derailing your thread, Prime Minister!!! But it's amazing how the word "eediot" was not freely used in your second post. Are you trying to be civil?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 2:13am On Jun 10, 2012
shymmex: Cat fight - oguagua88 is my new omalicha nma. kiss kiss

Don't even go there, She's booked, no vacancy.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by odumchi: 2:44am On Jun 10, 2012
ogugua88:

I agree with this last bit. I don't know what "The Igbo Cause" is. Nigeria is a mess in its entirety. I don't know how they find time or opportunity to focus on "The Igbo Cause". It's embarrassing that there are people who are still calling themselves Biafrans, who are still fighting for a(n) Biafran/Igbo cause, who can't put their vendettas aside to deal with a much bigger problem. They may think Igbos are the best tribe or have their own agenda, but they still come from Nigeria, one of the most unstable, feared nations not only in the continent, but in the world. Some priorities need to be straightened.

Ogugua88 Nwa ada Igbo (Igbo first daughter),

You expressed very legitimate arguments and perspectives in your response. However, the bare truth is that charity begins at home. You can't attempt to put out the flames roaring throughout Nigeria when their is smoke in your own home (in this case the Igbo nation). What I'm trying to say is that we Igbo must focus on restructuring/fixing ourselves politically, socially, and culturally before we attempt to fix the problems of the greater Nigeria.

The fact that we are doing what we are doing does not mean we don't care about the problems affecting Nigeria; off course no. What it means is that we are reforming ourselves for the beter, attempting to revive our 'good old days', and creating a better world for ourselves and our children.

Nigeria in itself is more or less a 'free for all zone' and has been that way since the 70s. As a nation (the Igbo nation) our priority should be securing the things that are in our best interest because at the end of the day when the Igbo are massacred in Kano, pursued in Maiduguri, or murdered in Kaduna, it all ends up on our head. I'm sorry to say it, but the truth is that there is no such thing as 'ethnic tranquility' within the confines of Nigeria. Let's be true to ourselves; there are people who dislike us and people who we dislike. However, by strengthening ourselves, we are simulatenously improving our environment and that of our neighbors.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by ACM10: 4:30am On Jun 10, 2012
@ Ogugua,
A tortoise waz asked how many times he will fail before he learns. He replied 'zero'. His interviewer probed further by askin him 'why?'. He replied that he will learn from those that failed before him.
I want to tell you that many people are more idealistic than u, but end up being frustrated and wasted by Nigeria. If you chose not to learn from your father's mistakes, then your children will learn from your mistakes. Nigeria is a burial ground for idealists and pragmatists. You are free to try

ogugua88:

You think standing united as one Nigeria is the equivalent of Igbo "disappearance, or total silence and subsumption under other groups in Nigeria"?
You got it wrong my dear. Majority of Igbos prefer to live in a one, united, equitable Nigeria. But it's the opposite in reality. Our brotherz and sisterz are massacred by our fellow Nigerian by thousands every year. Our investments are not prtectected in Nigeria. Government policies is geared towards subjugatin us. So who iz underminin our unity?

ogugua88:
I'm appalled. Nigeria is a pot of different groups and tribes, each of which not being more or less important than the other.
So, who are the supremacists?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by ACM10: 4:31am On Jun 10, 2012
ogugua88:
I recall that during the fuel subsidy strikes, Igbos were silent, and you backed them by claiming that Igbos had no business protesting as it was none of our business, and then you supported Igbos when they protested weeks after the fact for their own cause.
Why didn't u come back from US to lead the protest among Igbos? BTW, what came out of that protest? I'm proud of the wise decision that Igbos took in not riskin their lives to join the hopeless protests. The reality in this country iz that protests doesn't move government. Rather it makes them to harden their position. Some opposition politicians decided to hijack the protest to advance their political agenda, and we refused to join in the mass hysteria. Didn't u see how the labour betrayed the masses by agreein to an unfavourable government terms. The protesters that died are gone and forgotten. Ogugua de wise wants his tribesmen to spill their blood to satisfy her fantasy. You are naive.

ogugua88: I'm 100% Igbo and I'm proud of that fact. I am part of a committee for an Anambra association, as well as a Neni association in California.
I've been a member of many committee. But I must confess that most of the women in my committee are not particularly active. They are just there to belong.

ogugua88: However, I'm also Nigerian. It is possible to be Igbo and Nigerian at the same time believe it or not.
Who iz denyin this fact? We only ask for just and eqitable country. We don't want to live in fear in our country. We want to be free to travel to any part of our country. We want to acquire and hold on to our property in any part of the country. We want the federal character system to be abolished. We also demand that meritocracy rules.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by ACM10: 4:33am On Jun 10, 2012
ogugua88: but I feel some of you only show your fullest potential when it comes to matters concerning Ndi Igbo.
How many Hausas, Yourubas, Kanuris have u seen on this forum advocate for the Igbos? C'mon wake up from your slumber. I hope that u are not high on weekend party drugs while typin this comments.

ogugua88: It's something I have noticed from many Igbos, including yourself. I say this without fear because I'm Igbo. You need to hear it from your own, because if I was Hausa or Yoruba, you wouldn't give me the time of day.
You are pickin bones with your tribesmen because u know that we cannot push u back aggressively. I've seen some of your exchange with some folks from other tribrs on Romance section. I've seen them get nasty with u on several occasions. But u are here flexin your muscle. You want us to hand u the pretext to accuse us of thrash-talkin our Nwa Ada. You better ignore the politics section and concentrate on the Romance and Celebrity section. I hope that u are still flexin with Flavour at Villa Toscana? Here is not the section for ephemeral emotionalism. Just move on and ignore us here.

ogugua88: You don't have superiority complex, yet you keep asking me if I can read Igbo. No, I can't read Igbo. Go ahead and strip me of my Igbohood.
This is why u should quickly abandon your foray into politics section and withdraw back to Romance and Celebrity section. You are gettin emotional already.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Pictures From Dr. Saraki's Burial / Abubakar Sidiq Usman Arrested By EFCC As #freeabusidiq Trends / 2019: Kano People Are In My Pocket - Buhari Boasts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.