Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,056 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... (28566 Views)

Saraki Hosts A Parliamentary Delegation From Colombia (Photos) / Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by ACM10: 4:34am On Jun 10, 2012
ogugua88: Call a spade a spade. Nigeria is not greater than Botswana, talkless of the US, thanks to poor governance and poor mentalities.
Why don't u come back to Nigeria and transform it? Maybe, change the mentality of its people. Why should u be in another person's home while yours is dilapidatin? Talk iz cheap.

ogugua88: It doesn't matter who supports you or how many. Many people supported GEJ and see how that has turned out.
This is BS. Nigeria have never had any good president and I bet u that anybody that succeeds Jonathan will be worse than Jonathan.

ogugua88: If I died with good values, knowing I fought for what I believe in, being true equality amongst all Nigerians, then I am fine.
You are filled with idealizm my dear. You are so much detached from the reality or maybe u've never been in touch with Nigerian reality. You are free to give a try.

ogugua88:
If you want a fair and free Nigeria, then you should start acting like it.
Nwa Ada, u are preachin at the wrong quarter. Take your preachin to the proponents of Federal character system. Take your preachin to those who own the oil wells while the real owners perish in poverty. Take your preachin to those who are determined to rig elections and foist unpopular politicians on us. Take your preachin to the businessmen who found their names on Forbes list through government patrionage. Take your preachin to those who are afraid of an idea of Igboman rulin this country, no matter his competence.

ogugua88: Fuel subsidy removal doesn't have to be your headache. If something is wrong, you can't stand against it? If wrong is wrong,
Why are u cherry-pickin on fuel subsidy? What of the killings? What of the unemployments? What of the campaign of violence and intimidations? Why are u so fixated on the fuel subsidy that is a foregone conclusion? How many times have government walked back on their decision in this country?
Therefore, it's pointless to protest.

ogugua88: I'll be vocal. You make it seem like Igbos weren't effected by the removal. People traveled to their villages in December and couldn't return home because prices doubled overnight.
Pls take your heart-meltin story to Romance section. We only give opinions here. The superior opinion wins the argument.

ogugua88: Democracy is failing in Nigeria, not because it was executed poorly, but because it hasn't been executed at all.
Democracy is failin Nigeria because it was built on a weak foundation. We practise sham democracy. The democratic institutions are not strengthened or they are deliberately weakened

ogugua88: Ministers, governors, senators, representatives, and others lead us, but they do not know what our Constitution encompasses.
They know the constitution more than u. They are the ones that wrote it. They deliberately introduced some clauses to serve their purpose. They are more clever than u. Yet u are underestimatin them.

ogugua88: I don't think regionalism or secession is the answer. If we have a leader who executes as he's supposed to, then Nigeria can be prosperous.
You have the right to your opinion but not to your fact.

ogugua88: Regionalism is en vogue as of now. GEJ was en vogue April of 2011. I don't jump bandwagons.
Regionalism has always been in vogue since 60s. Pls pick many books on Nigeria and read. You can't just jump into the discussion and harrass us with your ignorance. I know that u are in your early 20s. But that's not the excuse to hold on to your ignorance.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 10, 2012
odumchi: Ogugua88 Nwa ada Igbo (Igbo first daughter),

You expressed very legitimate arguments and perspectives in your response. However, the bare truth is that charity begins at home. You can't attempt to put out the flames roaring throughout Nigeria when their is smoke in your own home (in this case the Igbo nation). What I'm trying to say is that we Igbo must focus on restructuring/fixing ourselves politically, socially, and culturally before we attempt to fix the problems of the greater Nigeria.

The fact that we are doing what we are doing does not mean we don't care about the problems affecting Nigeria; off course no. What it means is that we are reforming ourselves for the beter, attempting to revive our 'good old days', and creating a better world for ourselves and our children.

Nigeria in itself is more or less a 'free for all zone' and has been that way since the 70s. As a nation (the Igbo nation) our priority should be securing the things that are in our best interest because at the end of the day when the Igbo are massacred in Kano, pursued in Maiduguri, or murdered in Kaduna, it all ends up on our head. I'm sorry to say it, but the truth is that there is no such thing as 'ethnic tranquility' within the confines of Nigeria. Let's be true to ourselves; there are people who dislike us and people who we dislike. However, by strengthening ourselves, we are simulatenously improving our environment and that of our neighbors.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

Charity may begin at home, but I don't see that as a reason to cookie-cut around national issues. That's all I've been trying to say. I have never said that I am against Igbos. How can I be when I'm Igbo myself? What I'm against is Igbos isolating themselves and being vocal only when issues concerning them arise. Igbos should be able to multitask. Isolationism doesn't get anyone far. Whether Igbos like it or not, they are Nigerians. Along with Igbo problems are Nigerian problems for which we also need to solve.

Maybe you, personally, care about Nigerian issues as well. I'm glad you do. What I have seen from some others, however, is separatism. If it wasn't apparent, then I wouldn't have mentioned.

I see the point you made in regards to the massacre in the North. However, we have been down this road before. I don't want another civil war. I don't think anyone does. Igbo Isolationism only brings attention to Igbos. The US tried to play that game and Japan attacked them, dragging the US into World War II. There may be some benefits of restructuring another Igboland, but I feel the repercussions that may follow outweigh them. Igbos cannot do it alone.

2 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 10, 2012
ACM10: So, who are the supremacists?

ACM10: You are pickin bones with your tribesmen because u know that we cannot push u back aggressively. I've seen some of your exchange with some folks from other tribrs on Romance section. I've seen them get nasty with u on several occasions. But u are here flexin your muscle. You want us to hand u the pretext to accuse us of thrash-talkin our Nwa Ada. You better ignore the politics section and concentrate on the Romance and Celebrity section. I hope that u are still flexin with Flavour at Villa Toscana? Here is not the section for ephemeral emotionalism. Just move on and ignore us here.

ACM10: This is why u should quickly abandon your foray into politics section and withdraw back to Romance and Celebrity section. You are gettin emotional already.

ACM10: Pls take your heart-meltin story to Romance section. We only give opinions here. The superior opinion wins the argument.

[quote author=ACM10]You can't just jump into the discussion and harrass us with your ignorance. I know that u are in your early 20s. But that's not the excuse to hold on to your ignorance.

ACM10: The protesters that died are gone and forgotten.

ACM10: Ogugua de wise wants his tribesmen to spill their blood to satisfy her fantasy. You are naive.

ACM10: I've been a member of many committee. But I must confess that most of the women in my committee are not particularly active. They are just there to belong.

I think you've answered yourself.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by odumchi: 7:59am On Jun 10, 2012
ogugua88:

Charity may begin at home, but I don't see that as a reason to cookie-cut around national issues. That's all I've been trying to say. I have never said that I am against Igbos. How can I be when I'm Igbo myself? What I'm against is Igbos isolating themselves and being vocal only when issues concerning them arise. Igbos should be able to multitask. Isolationism doesn't get anyone far. Whether Igbos like it or not, they are Nigerians. Along with Igbo problems are Nigerian problems for which we also need to solve.

Maybe you, personally, care about Nigerian issues as well. I'm glad you do. What I have seen from some others, however, is separatism. If it wasn't apparent, then I wouldn't have mentioned.

I see the point you made in regards to the massacre in the North. However, we have been down this road before. I don't want another civil war. I don't think anyone does. Igbo Isolationism only brings attention to Igbos. The US tried to play that game and Japan attacked them, dragging the US into World War II. There may be some benefits of restructuring another Igboland, but I feel the repercussions that may follow outweigh them. Igbos cannot do it alone.

I understand what you're saying perfectly. I must say though, that the whole point of this organization is to help the Igbo through any means possible. Because our focus is on the Igbo people and Eastern Nigeria doesn't mean that we are a secessionist/isolationist group.

In actuality, the organization started out as a group of people who decided to use the internet and their ideas to help their fellow kinsmen (for lack of a better term). It's as simple as that. After all, it's an "Eze Ndi Igbo office" not an "Eze of Nigeria office". If some of the problems of one of Nigeria's big three ethnicities were solved, wouldn't Nigeria also benefit?

We would greatly appreciate your encouragement and support because as your personal text under your picture says: odiro easy o.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 10, 2012
odumchi: I understand what you're saying perfectly. I must say though, that the whole point of this organization is to help the Igbo through any means possible. Because our focus is on the Igbo people and Eastern Nigeria doesn't mean that we are a secessionist/isolationist group.

In actuality, the organization started out as a group of people who decided to use the internet and their ideas to help their fellow kinsmen (for lack of a better term). It's as simple as that. After all, it's an "Eze Ndi Igbo office" not an "Eze of Nigeria office". If some of the problems of one of Nigeria's big three ethnicities were solved, wouldn't Nigeria also benefit?

We would greatly appreciate your encouragement and support because as your personal text under your picture says: odiro easy o.

One would hope Nigeria, as a whole, would benefit, but I am doubtful. Biafra was created to solve the Igbo problem. Instead, we became bigger targets and were ganged upon until Ojukwu accepted defeat and Biafra was dissolved.

If you want my opinion, then I'll dictate it to you.

I have been reading this thread since it was formed and didn't post until today because of a post from Tpia, where tpia mentioned taking up a more widespread cause, with which I agree.

Some feel that Igbos should be the only ones putting their heads together to tackle lack of accountability, peace, and justice. If there was a perfect time to engage other Nigerians in fighting against corruption, injustice, and Boko Haram, that time is now. Nigerians are effected by all three of these things. Igbos are targets of Boko Haram, but other groups are victimized as well. Rather than retreat to our region and focus on ourselves, Igbos should be reaching out to others. Now.

My biggest fear is history repeating itself, and as of now, we seem to be on that track. The formations of Biafra and Ndi Igbo exclusive groups only exacerbates my fears. A very silly example, but I'll give it. My father attends events within the Nigerian community here. As in, every event that comes his way, he tries his best to be there or I'll go in his place, be it Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, or whichever else. What he's told me since I was young is "if you attend no one's function, don't expect anyone to attend your own". This is why I was livid when OnlyTruth and others were defending Igbos and their lack of participation during the protests in January. One of the downfalls of many Nigerians is the "do me I do you" mentality. As Igbos were noticeably absent, others will bear that in mind, especially if Igbos ever find themselves in trouble and in need of assistance or resources.
Some Igbos will be defiant or stubborn and tell you that they don't need other Nigerians helping them. If I read well, Biafrans fought for Biafra alone and were severely outnumbered in terms of soldiers and weaponry. This is life, not a Hollywood film like "300". Passion does not win wars. Outdoing the opposition does, and allies would help. Igbos share a commonality with most Nigerians in that many of us are angry that after 13 years of democratic rule, we have nothing to show for it.

Boko Haram is in Aso Rock and some of those in office fail to see the bombings as criminal, so reaching out to the Nigerian FG is out of the question. The only option I find logical is reaching out to other Nigerians. We all want justice, accountability, and peace. That's easy. How do we get there? This is why I suggested tending to "Nigerian issues" and reaching out to other groups. Therefore, if the time ever comes for Boko Haram and the FG to attack the Eastern region just like others have done before, we will not be alone this time.

The Kano protests were eye-openers and a great example as to how far Nigerians have come. Christians and Muslims held hands and protested. They even formed a peace covenant. When Muslims were praying, Christians stood outside the mosques and protected them. When Christians prayed, Muslims stood outside churches and protected them. I won't forget that, and other Nigerians shouldn't either. We are all tired of being angry at government and angry from being tired of waiting on government to change. If Senators from north, south, east, and west can unite against same-sex marriage, then Nigerians from north, south, east, and west can unite against corruption, injustice, and violence.

4 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 9:42am On Jun 10, 2012
ogugua88:

One would hope Nigeria, as a whole, would benefit, but I am doubtful. Biafra was created to solve the Igbo problem. Instead, we became bigger targets and were ganged upon until Ojukwu accepted defeat and Biafra was dissolved.

If you want my opinion, then I'll dictate it to you.

I have been reading this thread since it was formed and didn't post until today because of a post from Tpia, where tpia mentioned taking up a more widespread cause, with which I agree.

Some feel that Igbos should be the only ones putting their heads together to tackle lack of accountability, peace, and justice. If there was a perfect time to engage other Nigerians in fighting against corruption, injustice, and Boko Haram, that time is now. Nigerians are effected by all three of these things. Igbos are targets of Boko Haram, but other groups are victimized as well. Rather than retreat to our region and focus on ourselves, Igbos should be reaching out to others. Now.

My biggest fear is history repeating itself, and as of now, we seem to be on that track. The formations of Biafra and Ndi Igbo exclusive groups only exacerbates my fears. A very silly example, but I'll give it. My father attends events within the Nigerian community here. As in, every event that comes his way, he tries his best to be there or I'll go in his place, be it Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, or whichever else. What he's told me since I was young is "if you attend no one's function, don't expect anyone to attend your own". This is why I was livid when OnlyTruth and others were defending Igbos and their lack of participation during the protests in January. One of the downfalls of many Nigerians is the "do me I do you" mentality. As Igbos were noticeably absent, others will bear that in mind, especially if Igbos ever find themselves in trouble and in need of assistance or resources.
Some Igbos will be defiant or stubborn and tell you that they don't need other Nigerians helping them. If I read well, Biafrans fought for Biafra alone and were severely outnumbered in terms of soldiers and weaponry. This is life, not a Hollywood film like "300". Passion does not win wars. Outdoing the opposition does, and allies would help. Igbos share a commonality with most Nigerians in that many of us are angry that after 13 years of democratic rule, we have nothing to show for it.

Boko Haram is in Aso Rock and some of those in office fail to see the bombings as criminal, so reaching out to the Nigerian FG is out of the question. The only option I find logical is reaching out to other Nigerians. We all want justice, accountability, and peace. That's easy. How do we get there? This is why I suggested tending to "Nigerian issues" and reaching out to other groups. Therefore, if the time ever comes for Boko Haram and the FG to attack the Eastern region just like others have done before, we will not be alone this time.

The Kano protests were eye-openers and a great example as to how far Nigerians have come. Christians and Muslims held hands and protested. They even formed a peace covenant. When Muslims were praying, Christians stood outside the mosques and protected them. When Christians prayed, Muslims stood outside churches and protected them. I won't forget that, and other Nigerians shouldn't either. We are all tired of being angry at government and angry from being tired of waiting on government to change. If Senators from north, south, east, and west can unite against same-sex marriage, then Nigerians from north, south, east, and west can unite against corruption, injustice, and violence.

Ogugua, please go to bed, it is 1:43 am where you are.
Your parents would not be happy that their daughter is up around this time for any reason. I don't want to say more but the issues you are dragging can only be discussed by your father ( I think I know him because I am very active in Igbo affairs here in the states too). You are simply enjoying the attention and not contributing much.
You are repeating what every Nigerian knew even as far back as 1960, yet they still have not changed even after millions died in an unnecessary war, and MANY military governments. The "democracy" we have today was designed and imposed by the same people who are determined to thwart change for reasons of personal gains.
Our mission as Umu Igbo Nairaland is to hopefully chip away at the bases of these elements until they leave us alone to progress. You are indirectly supporting the same people holding Ndigbo (and by extension other Nigerians) hostage.
If not for other Igbo still talking to you I would have since drawn the curtain on you.
Like someone said, go back to the Romance section. We are talking unromantic things here.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by FACE(m): 2:02pm On Jun 10, 2012
PointB:

Let me pick the fuel subsidy strike and a few other comments of yours.

If we (Igbos) did not join in that strike, does that not mean anything to you? Have you forgotten that prior to that strike, for all intent and purpose, it appears like Igbos were being targeted and hacked down in their numbers by Boko Haram in the North? Besides, was fuel subsidy the biggest headache of Igbo, and indeed Nigeria? When the issue of second niger bridge, and international airport, and indeed federal presence in Igboland is what we should be protesting for? Look around you. Is Igboland not part of Nigeria? To what extent has successive central government demonstrated this? Beside, are there no bigger issues in Nigeria than the fuel subsidy removal that warrants such vigorous politically motivated protest?. I thought you will be pleased that Igbos did not go the way of herd mentality!

As per showing our full potential on matter concerning Ndi Igbo, I don't know where that come from, and I haven't really observed it. And I think if Igbo were to really act selfishly, the bulk of our investments will find the way back home. In any case, Nigeria is tending towards regionalism, if we can get as many Igbo man and woman to think 'Igboland' that's a fine start.

By the way to avoid contradicting yourself, you should consider quitting the Anambra association in California, and join the Nigeria Association, as it make more sense since you are more 'Nigerian' than other (Igbos). But I bet you won't, as you will realise like some of us that you disdain here that indeed 'Charity begins at home.' and that a prosperous, developed and thriving Igboland is good for Nigeria. And like OnlyTruth said, who want Biafra if we can have a just and fair Nigeria?

Peace be unto you my sister!

Point B, you captured her glaring hypocrisy, and I would leave it at that. She belongs to her hometown association, yet she had the cheek to ask what others were doing forming their own associations.

What she did was to challenge a very important human right instrument and a very important bill of rights, which is covered by the first amendment of the country she lives in. A right, which many people fought for and died for: FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION/ASSEMBLY.

People with fascist views all have one thing in common; they do not respect other people’s freedom of choice. It has to be “my way or the high way” with them. It is laughable, pathetic and psychopathic that those that support fuel subsidy should feel that those of us who do not should join them in their protests to prove our Nigerian hood. It is even more pathetic when those with such strong views live in societies that recognise freedom of choice, right to remain silent and freedom of speech.

Anybody that asks for the essence of our association and tries to make a mockery of it does not know what it takes to be Igbo. Our fore fathers have been in associations with things to show for it.

Onye Igbo obula that is in touch with ala Igbo can testify that we have built schools, health centres, bought transformers, done rural electrification because we hold meetings (Association) where we decide on projects we should execute in Ala nnaa. Why should we stop or hide because someone feels that we should start building from top to down ?

Not that we owe any explanation to hypocrites, but for the benefit of those that share our views; the aim of this our association is to bring renaissance to Igbo land and Nigeria at large. We are on the move and we plan to start reaching our leaders through contacts and resources available to us.

We have intelligent and professional people among us and we intend to transfer our knowledge, experiences and ideas to Igbo land and regional neighbours who are interested without any charge for our time or services. This forum/association is open to everyone who is interested in development, equity and justice. Ndi Igbo and friends of Ndi Igbo are welcome to join. Nairaland cannot provide us with the platform for the serious and practical discussions that we hold.

Charity begins at home and we have chosen that we must put our house in order before trying to put the whole Nigeria in order. Who says that we cannot fix our homes while contributing to the nations growth as well? Life is not a one way street, so everyone must multitask to get anywhere.

Forward march to the task ahead !

5 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by nduchucks: 2:19pm On Jun 10, 2012
Trying to label your sister, ogugua88, who has a different point of view as a hypocite is, frankly, not surpising to me. It is this kind of egotistical mentality and unwillingness to share the table of discussion with intelligent women, which is substantially responsible for the demise of Ndigbo.

You people should listen to what the young lady is saying and put your pride aside. Some of her points make more sense than yours. Stop trying to belittle her with words like "go to bed", "you are being hypocritical" and your foolish attempt to tell her what association she should join.

Shame on you Igbo men!!

I fully expect you to come out and call me all kinds of names. The truth I spoke is out there for all to read.

3 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Gbawe: 3:15pm On Jun 10, 2012
ndu_chucks: Trying to label your sister, ogugua88, who has a different point of view as a hypocite is, frankly, not surpising to me. It is this kind of egotistical mentality and unwillingness to share the table of discussion with intelligent women, which is substantially responsible for the demise of Ndigbo.

You people should listen to what the young lady is saying and put your pride aside. Some of her points make more sense than yours. Stop trying to belittle her with words like "go to bed", "you are being hypocritical" and your foolish attempt to tell her what association she should join.

Shame on you Igbo men!!

I fully expect you to come out and call me all kinds of names. The truth I spoke is out there for all to read.

Indeed. They will certainly call you names but don't be fazed because it is only the ugliness in their heart, latent chauvinism and intolerance that is on display here. To be honest, this is a nauseating thread and I must apologise to Ogugua88 here on behalf of all urbane, sophisticated, secure and liberal men on NL. These shameless guys are only showing obeisance to the indoctrination in blind hatred I talk about to the extent they have no time for decency towards others.

They have shamelessly, without any manly nobility, ganged up to try and bully this young lady, pour scorn on her heritag and more or less tag her ignorant and a "traitor" merely because they have no desire to accommodate her different opinion. Easily the sort who try to enforce opinions on their spouse to the extent of the tragedy we see in the diaspora with many insecure men murdering women they deem "too opinionated", "grown wings" and are "disrespectful".

The Lady makes a lot of sense but her only crime is that she strongly feels Nigerians and is actually happy to work with and embrace other Nigerians instead of hating them blindly and stereotyping them unhelpfully. This young lady probably grew up very balanced around Nigerians of different ethnic origin who are not the the "monsters" she is routinely told they are by the likes of the hateful souls here who seem to be insisting she must hate, condemn and avoid others. Shame on these men indeed. Just look at the pathetic, patronising and neanderthal-like response of Eze onlylies:

Ogugua, please go to bed, it is 1:43 am where you are.
Your parents would not be happy that their daughter is up around this time for any reason. I don't want to say more but the issues you are dragging can only be discussed by your father ( I think I know him because I am very active in Igbo affairs here in the states too). You are simply enjoying the attention and not contributing much.

A young lady who may well be a business owner, Lawyer, Doctor or with real adult responsibility and existence, that should accords her equal human dignity and respect from men, should now be treated as a little child only because she is female and some are insecure chauvinists who still believe women should be seen and not heard. Simply shameful.

5 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 10, 2012
ndu_chucks: Trying to label your sister, ogugua88, who has a different point of view as a hypocite is, frankly, not surpising to me. It is this kind of egotistical mentality and unwillingness to share the table of discussion with intelligent women, which is substantially responsible for the demise of Ndigbo.

Shame on you Igbo men!!

I agree with you.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by ACM10: 4:28pm On Jun 10, 2012
Ndu-chucks, I'm wary of your advice. I becomes jittery when someone that is renowned in the use of threats, intimidation, violence and annihilation to advance his argument against me comes to settle my family squabble.
You love to humiliate and insult Igbos. U thrives on Igbo disunity. Now u want to pounce on this opportunity to paint us as bullies. Thanks but no thanks for your advice. This is an internal affair. We don't need your suggestion. We did not even ask for your help. We love and respect our daughter, Ogugua88. Though her opinion might differ from our own. We still value it BTW. That's Igbo society for you. We don't restrict the freedom of our women. We encourage them to participate. That's why u encounter many of them here on daily basis contributing and even criticizin us. I'm yet to see any female northern poster on this forum.

On the other note, we are not apologetic to anyone for being Igbos. And we can not modify our behaviour to appease our neighbours just like Ogugua88 suggested implicitly.

Ogugua88 might never understand until she is placed in a position of authority. Often times, we thinks that our policy-makers are dumb. Only to be worse than the people that we criticize when we assumes the position.

Ndi be anyi,
O doro anyi anya na nwa Ada anyi nwanyi ka bu nwantakiri. Ndi nne na nna kwesiri igwa umu ha ihe na eme na obodo naijiriya. Nwa Ada anyi nwanyi chere na o ma ihe karia anyi nile. O chere na anyi bu ndi agba ochie. Ndi na ahughi oganihu anya. Ndi na achoghi nmekorita anyi na ndi agbata obi anyi. Echiche di otua jogburu udene na njo, sigbue nkakwu na isi. Nwatakiri a ejighi ihe were kporo ihe. Biko nu, na akowara nu ndi agba ohuru ka onodu siri di na naijiriya. Nwa nza ere oku, o chee na o na ama abuba.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by BlackPikiN(m): 4:37pm On Jun 10, 2012
ndu_chucks: Trying to label your sister, ogugua88, who has a different point of view as a hypocite is, frankly, not surpising to me. It is this kind of egotistical mentality and unwillingness to share the table of discussion [size=20pt]with intelligent women, which is substantially responsible for the demise of Ndigbo.[/size]

[size=20pt]
Shame on me, HAUSA FULANI men, we know dey even try at all!![/size]

Are you freaking outta your mind.

In Nigeria I repeat it is only the Igbo that have their women in elective and sensitive posts.

If I lie, bring your own make I see am.

I repeat it is only the SE women in Nigeria that have continuously fought their to the top without fear and intimidation in the midst of strong willed men.

Again if I lie, state your own facts.

Eze Onlytruth, Point B, ACM10 and the rest, una suppose apologize to Ogugua, she got a say too.

If there's any strong young Igbo lady, I repeat Ogugua bu Ada eji agamba!
Quote mua anywhere.

Gbawe you be mumu as usual. Na to quote and write long nonsense na him dem go dey see you.

Nonsense nincompoop.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by ACM10: 4:52pm On Jun 10, 2012
As for Gbawe,
you've always been a closet tribalist who masquerades himself as an objective poster. I don't know your interest here if not malicious and tribalistic. I'm yet to see u criticize ACN or Fashola with your long and boring comments.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by ACM10: 4:56pm On Jun 10, 2012
@BlackPikiN,
Can u point out my comment which u think is offensive?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 10, 2012
BlackPikiN:

In Nigeria I repeat it is only the Igbo that have their women in elective and sensitive posts.

I repeat it is only the SE women in Nigeria that have continuously fought their to the top without fear and intimidation in the midst of strong willed men.

Eze Onlytruth, Point B, ACM10 and the rest, una suppose apologize to Ogugua, she got a say too.

Quote mua anywhere.

Gbawe you be mumu as usual. Na to quote and write long nonsense na him dem go dey see you.

Nonsense nincompoop.

Why don't you say it's only Igbo that can save Nigeria! Women from other zones have continuously bribed their way to the top? Mariam Mukhtar Aloma will soon become CJN, don't we have another warrior, amazon from SE that can give her a good fight? Does it mean she's bribing her way to the top?

You are the best, you own 70% of Abuja, you own 80% of Lagos, you own 60% of Kaduna, you own 80% of Kano, without Igbo, there is nothing like Benin City, there is no poverty in the east, Igbo is the most politically savvy, you want Biafra, you want to become Nigeria president. yet, Igbos are marginalized. Do I sound familiar? You need help.

Ogugua88 is obviously a balanced woman with a balanced perspective who understands that in Nigeria of today, the malaise of our society affects all without discrimination.

If the lady had not been bullied by strong willed Prime Minister, what is the basis for your reasonable recommendation that they apologize to her?

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Gbawe: 5:07pm On Jun 10, 2012
ACM10: As for Gbawe,
you've always been a closet tribalist who masquerades himself as an objective poster. I don't know your interest here if not malicious and tribalistic. I'm yet to see u criticize ACN or Fashola with your long and boring comments.

I would care what you think if at all I am into respecting the opinion of insecure losers, bullies and those predisposed to thinking everyone hates them, envies them and want to wipe them out. Your mind and mentality is prison and punishment enough in a modern world where many are just happy to grapple with the challenges of life. You only deserve pity.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 10, 2012
ogugua88:

My biggest fear is history repeating itself, and as of now, we seem to be on that track. The formations of Biafra and Ndi Igbo exclusive groups only exacerbates my fears. A very silly example, but I'll give it. My father attends events within the Nigerian community here. As in, every event that comes his way, he tries his best to be there or I'll go in his place, be it Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, or whichever else. What he's told me since I was young is [size=14pt]"if you attend no one's function, don't expect anyone to attend your own".[/size] This is why I was livid when OnlyTruth and others were defending Igbos and their lack of participation during the protests in January. One of the downfalls of many Nigerians is the "do me I do you" mentality. As Igbos were noticeably absent, others will bear that in mind, especially if Igbos ever find themselves in trouble and in need of assistance or resources.

+1000

I'll keep this in my archives for future reference. cool History has a way of repeating itself.

"The thing to do is to get organized; keep separated and you will be exploited, you will be robbed, you will be killed. Get organized and you will compel the world to respect you." - Marcus Garvey

"Remain separated and you will suffer; Together we are invincible !" - Haywood Barber, Sr.

cool lipsrsealed
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Gbawe: 5:22pm On Jun 10, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Quote mua anywhere.

Nonsense nincompoop.

Oga, say what you want. You cannot erase how what you say in bold above supports my comment about the insecure, chauvinistic, intolerant and neanderthal-like behaviour of your pals. The girl does not want to accept their premises that she must hate and reject other blindly and their response is the intolerant, bullying and distinctly ignoble behaviour we see from a group acting like a feral pack of predators. I am glad the nauseatingly chauvinistic and highly degrading conduct of these folks is now exposed here. Your attempt at damage limitation comes too late.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by BlackPikiN(m): 5:32pm On Jun 10, 2012
shymmex:

+1000

I'll keep this in my archives for future reference. cool History has a way of repeating itself.

[size=25pt]"The thing to do is to get organized; keep separated and you will be exploited, you will be robbed, you will be killed. Get organized and you will compel the world to respect you." - Marcus Garvey

"Remain separated and you will suffer; Together we are invincible !" - Haywood Barber, Sr. [/size]

cool lipsrsealed

See mumu, that quote no dey and no go apply for Nigeria case.
Shiitt man, the name Nigeria will be 100years old in two years and I can clearly see the reason why We should stay together!

Nonsense!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by BlackPikiN(m): 5:40pm On Jun 10, 2012
Gbawe:

Oga, say what you want. You cannot erase how what you say in bold above supports my comment about the insecure, chauvinistic, intolerant and neanderthal-like behaviour of your pals. The girl does not want to accept their premises that she must hate and reject other blindly and their response is the intolerant, bullying and distinctly ignoble behaviour we see from a group acting like a feral pack of predators. I am glad the nauseatingly chauvinistic and highly degrading conduct of these folks is now exposed here. Your attempt at damage limitation comes too late.

Ogbeni, go and sleep. You come around as a smooth killer.

They all had and made their point.

I have seen on NL where your psychotic people abuse, bully and curse women with no remorse.

This topic is just a heated one and they all simply made their point!
But over the edge.

And I will not respond to your long epistle for now except you make nonsense of your self again, Inugo.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by BlackPikiN(m): 5:41pm On Jun 10, 2012
bayooooooo:

Why don't you say it's only Igbo that can save Nigeria! Women from other zones have continuously bribed their way to the top? Mariam Mukhtar Aloma will soon become CJN, don't we have another warrior, amazon from SE that can give her a good fight? Does it mean she's bribing her way to the top?

You are the best, you own 70% of Abuja, you own 80% of Lagos, you own 60% of Kaduna, you own 80% of Kano, without Igbo, there is nothing like Benin City, there is no poverty in the east, Igbo is the most politically savvy, you want Biafra, you want to become Nigeria president. yet, Igbos are marginalized. Do I sound familiar? You need help.

Ogugua88 is obviously a balanced woman with a balanced perspective who understands that in Nigeria of today, the malaise of our society affects all without discrimination.

If the lady had not been bullied by strong willed Prime Minister, what is the basis for your reasonable recommendation that they apologize to her?

Look here I'm not here to argue like a mad man.
I quoted Ndu chucks. Did you see his post and where I highlighted.

I only asked him to prove us right with that stooppoidd comment of his.

Igbo Men respect their Women, na the thing wey I dey try drive into his thick boko haramic skull.

And yes I stand by what I said about Igbo women in Nigeria!!! If you have a different opinion, bring it on, I dey here.

Abi you wan enter line too?

ACM10: @BlackPikiN,
Can u point out my comment which u think is offensive?

Ogugua has been a one Nigeria lady not because She likes it but because She met it that way.

Just explain to her. Happy sunday nwanne!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 10, 2012
BlackPikiN:
See mumu, that quote no dey and no go apply for Nigeria case.
Shiitt man, the name Nigeria will be 100years old in two years and I can clearly see the reason why We should stay together!

Nonsense!

Have Igbos not been exploited by the Nigerian establishment for 'staying separated'?

Even if you desire your Biafra, you need to carry other people along. History has a funny way of repeating itself..

Keep separating yourselves from everyone, but when the shyte hit the fan - you will be the first to shout betrayal. undecided
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 5:43pm On Jun 10, 2012
I'm laughing my @ss off at some characters on Nairaland!
Supposing I say now that my sister ogugua is the most intelligent Igbo on this forum, these dubious characters would echo a huge YES; but when I say she is the most intelligent NIGERIAN girl on this forum, watch as they would remind you of Hausa or Yoruba or any other girl here who is supposedly smarter than my sister. I just de laff.

ndu_chucks, this is the usual time to read your posts in opposites.
Everything you said is OPPOSITE of truth.
Shame on you aboki.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Onlytruth(m): 5:43pm On Jun 10, 2012
I'll be back later. cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jun 10, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Abi you wan enter line too?

I don't have such a time. I wish you goodluck on Igbo affairs.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by BlackPikiN(m): 6:10pm On Jun 10, 2012
^^^^ No come back here since you are a shampion in Igbo affairs.

I know say na the beauty of Ogugua make you come here.
I for flog you non stop.
shymmex:

Have Igbos not been exploited by the Nigerian establishment for 'staying separated'?

Even if you desire your Biafra, you need to carry other people along. History has a funny way of repeating itself..

Keep separating yourselves from everyone, but when the shyte hit the fan - you will be the first to shout betrayal. undecided

Alh Harem hw you dey? mumu.
Why igbo matter dey give una sleepless night?

I know just understand una wahala..

Are you guys f00lish or what?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 10, 2012
BlackPikiN: ^^^^ No come back here since you are a shampion in Igbo affairs.

I know say na the beauty of Ogugua make you come here.
I for flog you dnt stop.

It's only a blind man that would not acknowledge Ogugua88 beauty. She's beautiful. Have you seen her pishor? cheesy
What makes her attractive is a rare combination of intellect with a charming beauty.

But there is no vacancy on my end too. I also have a Urhobo queen. grin cheesy grin

I am not interested in my backyard fine pass your backyard arguments! I am not interested in the rest are against me sentiments! I am a balanced person who take criticisms, especially when such is genuine, with a positive attitude. I know you can flog and I ll tell you what you wanna hear: You are the best flogger in the world. Are you happy?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 10, 2012
BlackPikiN:
Alh Harem hw you dey? mumu.
Why igbo matter dey give una sleepless night?

I know just understand una wahala..

Are you guys f00lish or what?

You're pathetic! So, I'm Alh_harem now, slowpoke. grin grin

And who cares about Igbo matter? - I just quoted an Igbo poster..

I'm just here to keep archives, in case you guys fail again, like you always do anyway.

You won't keep moaning about my tribe.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by FACE(m): 6:34pm On Jun 10, 2012
Ndu_chucks and Gbawe, I would ignore you on another day, because I have seen your posts and I know that you breathe and live antagonism. Your views and what you think do not count on this issue. Really, I would not engage you because you are not worth my time; Ndu-chucks, not on this occasion, Gbawe, not ever. Ndu_Chucks, if you believe this statement:
It is this kind of egotistical mentality and unwillingness to share the table of discussion with intelligent women, which is substantially responsible for the demise of Ndigbo.
then charcoal is white. Subjugation and Igbo women do not appear in the same sentence. Look inward and take thine own advice.

BlackPikiN:

[b]Eze Onlytruth, Point B, ACM10 and the rest, una suppose apologize to Ogugua, she got a say too.

Quote mua anywhere.[/b]

Nonsense nincompoop.

Blackpikin, no one owes her any apology. You said that "she got a say too". Well, her " got a say too" ends where other people's "got a say too" start from. In other words, she can not be infringing on other people's rights to free association, just because she got a say too. Surely, she can make her points without being condescending to other people's choices and preferences. Ada eji a ga mba or not, her challenge to other people's fundamental rights to association and choice are nothing but fascism.

Who is she to dictate what other people's priorities should be ? If she has issues that are of priority to her, why not take action on them and leave others to take actions on what they perceive to be a priority ?

I do not care what people say or do as long as they don't try to force their views on me, infringe on my rights or try to ridicule my prerogatives. I am one of the most unbiased Nigerians you can find on this planet and my friends cut across all groups and yes, I understand all three major languages in Nigeria , but I will not tolerate rubbish from people or sell my roots for porridge. I do not engage in tribal mudslinging or ethnic baiting and my few posts in 5 years speak for themselves.

Surely, I can accommodate being Igbo and Nigerian at the same time; I have done that all my life. Without any atom of doubt, I can also accommodate being Igbo and Biafran at the same time. None of those choices are written in blood and set in stone !

My fundamental being is Igbo, which is a sin qua non to my being Nigerian or any other nationality within that geographic location. This means that I will always look towards making ala Igbo a comfortable place for my generations to come, because there is no country without origin. This should also rub off on Nigeria as place if the Ndu_chucks and Gbawe of this world also adopt the same approach to better their ethnic lands, which are also sin qua non to Nigeria.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by Gbawe: 6:37pm On Jun 10, 2012
Onlytruth: I'm laughing my @ss off at some characters on Nairaland!
Supposing I say now that my sister ogugua is the most intelligent Igbo on this forum, these dubious characters would echo a huge YES; but when I say she is the most intelligent NIGERIAN girl on this forum, watch as they would remind you of Hausa or Yoruba or any other girl here who is supposedly smarter than my sister. I just de laff.

Why can't you just be a man for once by apologizing and leaving it at that? The way you spoke patronisingly to the lady was awful. You tacitly encouraged others to do likewise. Your chauvinism is nauseating to witness and marks you out, ultimately, as intolerant, condescending and distastefully sexist. Apologize and move on. Next time, let others have their say and stop instigating a bullying lynch mob action against them simply because they are the lone voice of dissent to your hateful propaganda.

5 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by jason123: 6:44pm On Jun 10, 2012
Ogugua88, YOU ARE BLESSED!

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by BlackPikiN(m): 6:49pm On Jun 10, 2012
bayooooooo:

It's only a blind man that would not acknowledge Ogugua88 beauty. She's beautiful. Have you seen her pishor? cheesy
What makes her attractive is a rare combination of intellect with a charming beauty.

But there is no vacancy on my end too. I also have a Urhobo queen. grin cheesy grin

I am not interested in my backyard fine pass your backyard arguments! I am not interested in the rest are against me sentiments! I am a balanced person who take criticisms, especially when such is genuine, with a positive attitude. I know you can flog and I ll tell you what you wanna hear: You are the best flogger in the world. Are you happy?

You just dey show and prove say you go cheat on your Queen. lol

jason123: Ogugua88, YOU ARE BLESSED!

Yes Alh Harem, we all know.
oya go chop banana ko yo! cool

FACE: Ndu_chucks and Gbawe, I would ignore you on another day, because I have seen your posts and I know that you breathe and live antagonism. Your views and what you think do not count on this issue. Really, I would not engage you because you are not worth my time; Ndu-chucks, not on this occasion, Gbawe, not ever. Ndu_Chucks, if you believe this statement: then charcoal is white. Subjugation and Igbo women do not appear in the same sentence. Look inward and take thine own advice.

Blackpikin, no one owes her any apology. You said that "she got a say too". Well, her " got a say too" ends where other people's "got a say too" start from. In other words, she can not be infringing on other people's rights to free association, just because she got a say too. Surely, she can make her points without being condescending to other people's choices and preferences. Ada eji a ga mba or not, her challenge to other people's fundamental rights to association and choice are nothing but fascism.

Who is she to dictate what other people's priorities should be ? If she has issues that are of priority to her, why not take action on them and leave others to take actions on what they perceive to be a priority ?

I do not care what people say or do as long as they don't try to force their views on me, infringe on my rights or try to ridicule my prerogatives. I am one of the most unbiased Nigerians you can find on this planet and my friends cut across all groups and yes, I understand all three major languages in Nigeria , but I will not tolerate rubbish from people or sell my roots for porridge. I do not engage in tribal mudslinging or ethnic baiting and my few posts in 5 years speak for themselves.

Surely, I can accommodate being Igbo and Nigerian at the same time; I have done that all my life. Without any atom of doubt, I can also accommodate being Igbo and Biafran at the same time. None of those choices are written in blood and set in stone !

My fundamental being is Igbo, which is a sin qua non to my being Nigerian or any other nationality within that geographic location. This means that I will always look towards making ala Igbo a comfortable place for my generations to come, because there is no country without origin. This should also rub off on Nigeria as place if the Ndu_chucks and Gbawe of this world also adopt the same approach to better their ethnic lands, which are also sin qua non to Nigeria.

Nwanna, Happy Sunday o..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

"Buhari Is Not Better, He Will Never Return. Osinbajo, Stop The Lies” – FFK / Destruction Of 337 Bottles Of Beer In Jigawa: Hypocrisy Gone Too Far / APC Holds Rally For Tinubu And Oyo State Candidates (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 198
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.