Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? (33164 Views)

Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms / Is There An Online Directory Of Nigerian Lawyers Available? / Diminished Responsibility And Criminal Law-a Question To Nigerian Lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by daywatcher: 12:51am On May 12, 2012
yes ooo, we need to rid ourselves of many colonial bullshit that were probably forcefully mandated onto us..Abeg...comot the the ting joor
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Knegoyon: 12:53am On May 12, 2012
igbo2011.....we wish they were doing like the Egyptians. NOT ...they are doing silly things like that photo above as someone called a mop!
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by bb16: 1:01am On May 12, 2012
dayorx: As usual we are quick to condemn what we have got. i think whether or not lawyers retain their wig and gown is a matter for them to decide. i am a lawyer and i think it is prestigious.however some lawyers choose to look scruffy in the attire, i think they r just dirty people because a right thinking person would not wear a dirty gown to court....whether or not we wear the attire it does not change the fact that our laws and our entire criminal justice system needs to be overhauled..
just like when the police uniform was changed it still did not stop them from collecting N20 on our roads

Thank you for this very insightful post smiley
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Knegoyon: 1:05am On May 12, 2012
And what do Africans and blacks in the Caribbean think they are doing? When the British themselves got rid of that crap and Americans, Canadians and South Africans did too.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Knegoyon: 1:21am On May 12, 2012
Look how we look stupid....

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/download/264121[/img]

The British don't do this silly stuff when they elect their new Prime Minister

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl3eTF6sA0s
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Nobody: 1:44am On May 12, 2012
igbsam: And what do we say about dis wig that looks like a mop ? Na by force to wear wig ? grin :Please they should stop wearing mops on their head and face the real law thingy.

Buhahahahahahahahahaha Roflmao hahahahahahaha
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by PhysicsQED(m): 1:54am On May 12, 2012
igbo2011: They are doig as their Egypitan ancestors

[img]http://www.site-ology.com/egypt/KING_115.GIF[/img]

Why do people always have to drag Egyptians into every thing ?

There were Africans that wore wigs besides Egyptians and there were some in Nigeria.
But these blond/platinum blond straight hair wig wearing fools in the picture posted by the OP are
clowns and they aren't continuing any African tradition so don't even try to defend them.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by PhysicsQED(m): 1:59am On May 12, 2012
bb16: I disagree, I would love to see the uniform retained. It's prestigious.

Screw your opinion. It's a disgrace.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by saintneo(m): 2:02am On May 12, 2012
guess they should be wearing afro!
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Aringon(m): 2:04am On May 12, 2012
Does it mean that we should copy the americans or the europeans? Does it mean that whatever they do is always right? When are we going to be left alone to be free from colonial mentality.

Whoever brought this topic to nairaland is suffering from colonial mentality and see nothing good in africa. Instead our lawyers shud dress well with clean dresses and all
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Knegoyon: 2:05am On May 12, 2012
How about they should look like men and women that respect themselves instead of looking like fools to the entire world?
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by PhysicsQED(m): 2:07am On May 12, 2012
dayorx: As usual we are quick to condemn what we have got. i think whether or not lawyers retain their wig and gown is a matter for them to decide. i am a lawyer and i think it is prestigious.however some lawyers choose to look scruffy in the attire, i think they r just dirty people because a right thinking person would not wear a dirty gown to court....whether or not we wear the attire it does not change the fact that our laws and our entire criminal justice system needs to be overhauled..
just like when the police uniform was changed it still did not stop them from collecting N20 on our roads

Complete garbage.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Beaf: 2:07am On May 12, 2012
There is nothing more embarrassing than seeing lawyers in their false blond hair. WTF is wrong with us that we cannot change these things?
Where is the self-pride that will drive us up the ladder of development going to come from if lawyers who are at the top of national intelligence scales choose to look like cheap racial counterfeits?

I weep.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Knegoyon: 2:09am On May 12, 2012
Nigeria, Ghana and Zimbabwe out of all African counties should stop wearing wigs. And Jamaica in the Caribbean really should be ashamed.

South Africa doesn't do that crap
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by espn(m): 2:09am On May 12, 2012
Nonsense thread..wat bad abt d wig..so d british also look like fools wen dey wer stil using wig..dey stoped using wig in 2008..abt 4yrs ago..why didn't we v a thred lik dis b4 den..nonsense..u just nid attention..stupid thread..
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Beaf: 2:11am On May 12, 2012
espn: Nonsense thread..wat bad abt d wig..so d british also look like fools wen dey wer stil using wig..dey stoped using wig in 2008..abt 4yrs ago..why didn't we v a thred lik dis b4 den..nonsense..u just nid attention..stupid thread..

If you haven't noticed that the British are white, just as the wigs depict white peoples hair, then your opinion is worthless.
Call me when you see white people wearing wigs of black peoples hair as a symbol of learnedness. angry
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by DoctorMcgruff: 2:15am On May 12, 2012
Aringon: Does it mean that we should copy the americans or the europeans? Does it mean that whatever they do is always right? When are we going to be left alone to be free from colonial mentality.

Whoever brought this topic to nairaland is suffering from colonial mentality and see nothing good in africa. Instead our lawyers shud dress well with clean dresses and all

Your the one with the colonialist mentality,saying we should remain wearing blonde wigs? smh
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Knegoyon: 2:48am On May 12, 2012
Also....the hair they use looks just like the wigs they wore when they came and took people from Africa to the Americas to enslave them. They look like the wigs the British wore when they came to colonize South Africa.

Why do you think the white Americans and the white South Africans and white Canadians don't wear those wigs?....Because they are no longer British.

England has even stopped wearing them too most of the time!.

Why must black people always defend keeping bullcrap Black people want to keep white people's stuff more than the white people who forced that crap upon Africans and blacks in the Caribbean.

Face it. Nigeria looks dumb and stupid as the most populated nation in the African world.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Knegoyon: 2:50am On May 12, 2012
The Nigerian government needs to see this article. It's time the Nigeria grows up and acts respectful

Is now the time to remove wig wearing as part of court dress in Africa’s Commonwealth of Nations and those in the Caribbean?

http://dilemma-x.net/2012/05/09/is-now-the-time-to-remove-wig-wearing-in-africas-commonwealth-and-caribbean/
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by NwaBiafra: 3:28am On May 12, 2012
HELL YEAH!!!!!

But the reason they wont is because, they still see Oyibo as their LORD and MASTER.

WAKE UP!! AFRICANS HAS BEEN IN A SPELL FOR MORE THAN FOUR HUNDRED YEARS!! WAKE UP!!

OBVIOUSLY THIS IS THE MOST POWERFUL JUJU ON THE EARTH.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Naijamericana: 3:28am On May 12, 2012
Knegoyon: When will Nigeria stop wearing wigs looking like fools to the entire world?

I came across this article look how we look totally stupid to the world.

Check more pictures here:
Is now the time to remove wig wearing as part of court dress in Africa’s Commonwealth of Nations and those in the Caribbean?

http://dilemma-x.net/2012/05/09/is-now-the-time-to-remove-wig-wearing-in-africas-commonwealth-and-caribbean/

[img]http://dilemmaxdotnet.files./2012/05/bahamas-02.jpg?w=540&h=360[/img]

cheesy
They look like clowns...!

Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Nobody: 3:32am On May 12, 2012
PhysicsQED:

Why do people always have to drag Egyptians into every thing ?

There were Africans that wore wigs besides Egyptians and there were some in Nigeria.
But these blond/platinum blond straight hair wig wearing fools in the picture posted by the OP are
clowns and they aren't continuing any African tradition so don't even try to defend them.

Why do you have problems with ancient kemet?? Are they not black??

They're our ancestors... We didn't just fall from the sky into modern day Nigeria - we all migrated from somewhere - and Nubia/Kemet seems to be the only place we could've migrated from...
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Nobody: 3:35am On May 12, 2012
But the wigs must go!! They look like clowns...

I have never seen a solicitor wear a wig in the UK, and God knows I've been to court bare times. grin

Even the magistrates don't wear wigs out here...
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by PhysicsQED(m): 3:44am On May 12, 2012
shymmex:

Why do you have problems with ancient kemet?? Are they not black??

They're our ancestors... We didn't just fall from the sky into modern day Nigeria - we all migrated from somewhere - and Nubia/Kemet seems to be the only place we could've migrated from...

That's not the point. Looking to Egypt for something that happened right in your backyard makes little sense.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Marlboro1: 3:48am On May 12, 2012
They really need to rid themselves of these vestiges of colonialism that only serves to make them look stupid. I can understand Europeans in these wigs - they are whites with long straight and gray hair. Let us have some rethink about these
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by PhysicsQED(m): 3:50am On May 12, 2012
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/04/17/world/nairobi-journal-a-ticklish-issue-colonial-era-wigs.html

How come every time this nonsense is criticized, some brainless oaf says something like "it carries dignity"?

They seem incapable of immediately grasping why it looks foolish .
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by dayokanu(m): 3:59am On May 12, 2012
My friend a lawyer in the US. WHen an American saw his Law school pic she was like y'all celebrating halloweens?
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by naijaking1: 4:19am On May 12, 2012
A cousin graduated from Nigerian law school a few years ago, the only gift he wanted was payment for the ridiculous looking wigs from a British company for $300. The next day, while shopping at Walmart, I saw the same barristers wig in the halloween section for $1.99

1 Like

Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by tpia5: 4:27am On May 12, 2012
^^ the walmart one was an imitation.

the real wigs are very expensive.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by naijaking1: 4:32am On May 12, 2012
tpia@:
^^ the walmart one was an imitation.

the real wigs are very expensive.

Tpia, how u dey?
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by dasparrow: 4:39am On May 12, 2012
@OP

You're right though. Those wigs got to go. I don't know why we Africans can't rid ourselves of certain things introduced to us during the colonial period.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Nobody: 5:51am On May 12, 2012
No be small thing. Still a long way to go.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Experience With A Random Warri Boy / NBA To Investigate Prof Ndifon, Baddest Lawyer, Adamawa REC, Others. / Man Sells Pure Water In A Corporate Wear In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.