Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? (33155 Views)

Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms / Is There An Online Directory Of Nigerian Lawyers Available? / Diminished Responsibility And Criminal Law-a Question To Nigerian Lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by ezotik: 7:47pm On May 13, 2012
If you come here glorifying colonialist rubbish then BE PREPARED for insults. We are Africans. We are not white people.

and was the african identity not given to you by the same people? they labelled u an african or can u show me anywhere or time when our ancestors regarded themselves as africans?

You can't even see how ignorant and stu.pis you sound. The suit and tie are CLOTHES. You can wear ANY clothes you want from any part of the world. There is NOTHING with that.

so wearing suits and ties does not signify colonial mentality that u hate the wig for? u are the ignorant one.

The institution of Justice is a very different thing, with white man's hair amounting to a uniform symbolizing that institution. WE REJECT THAT. African lawmaking cannot have white man's hair as its uniform. ONE DAY THAT WILL BE WIPED OUT FROM OUR SOCIETIES. AND THE SOONER IT COMES, THE BETTER

so if they give up the wig and gown, are u they going to give up the entire justice system that the wig and gown was based on? how does giving up the clothes but keeping the system itself change anything?

You must think you;re talking to idio.ts. Even a goat knows that that rubbish you wear on your head has nothing to do with African hair, and EVERYTHING to do with the hair of white colonizers.

and where in my comment did i say it was african hair? all i said was that so-called white people are not the only ones with grey hair and if the color of the wig is ur problem, does it make any difference if it is dyed black? or would it make any difference if they replace it with a grey afro?

It makes no difference if you post MANDELA HIMSELF with a white man's hair wig. Gani and others are from the colonial generation who were raised to believe the white man was God.

WE are of the INDEPENDENCE generation. WE BELIEVE we have NO REASON to don white men's hair to symbolize our justice system. Africans invented the very concept of laws, thousands of years before white men existed. We will NOT live indefinitely as colonial subjects and objects of ridicule, shamelessly donning white mens' hair as a uniform for our legal system. THAT WILL SURELY COME TO AN END SOON, AND THE SOONER THE BETTER.

all i asked is how have u contributed to the dignity of nigerians? gani who was a lawyer who contributed a lot and worthless sh1t like you cannot rubbish that for nigerians because u can type and post on internet forums.

someone like u probably schooled in the west thats if u dont even live there. u have wined and dined with the colonialist for the most part of ur life, but then talk down on nigerians who are trying to keep up with u.

and yes we are independent generation, but what do u control? u dont control anything. ur technology was not used to build anything u enjoy today, and ur technology will not be used to fight the wars of the future. so u are still at the mercy of the colonialist coz they control technology that ur life revolves around. so what u need to do is go dress like an anciet egyptian, and get the fvck outta here with that bullsh1t.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by ezotik: 8:03pm On May 13, 2012
it was recently mr bigg incorporated african dishes into their menu but the concept of the restaurant and menu was completely western and that was how it started off. so are u going to kill off that whole franchise because it was based off a western ideology?
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 13, 2012
ezotik: and was the african identity not given to you by the same people? they labelled u an african or can u show me anywhere or time when our ancestors regarded themselves as africans?

What is this one talking about? We KNOW who we are. It is not a 'name' or title that makes us who we are. Africans have known themselves and have been known by numerous names throughout history. What an irrelevance.

so wearing suits and ties does not signify colonial mentality that u hate the wig for? u are the ignorant one.

Does writing signify a colonial mentality among whites? You do realise that Africans invented writing. And architecture. And medicine. And the sciences.

so if they give up the wig and gown, are u they going to give up the entire justice system that the wig and gown was based on? how does giving up the clothes but keep the system itself change anything?

Oh eventually we will definitely revise our legal system to reflect grassroots yearnings, and bring it closer to what we need to build a truly independent Africa. But the white man's wig is the most visible symbol of our current subservience, so will be the first to go.

all i asked is how have u contributed to the dignity of nigerians? gani who was a lawyer who contributed a lot and worthless sh1t like you cannot rubbish that for nigerians because u can type and post on internet forums.

You do not understand that Gani himself was fighting for the same dignity and self worth that we are fighting for. It is colonial mentality that makes an African steal his nation's wealth and bank overseas. It is colonial mentality that makes an African leader shoot protesters, while ganging up with foreign multinationals to loot his country.

Gani tackled that colonial mentality from his own side. I and others are tackling it from THIS side, by going straight to the MINDS of people, and if you've got a problem with that, go bleach your dum.b face white and leave us alone.

someone like u probably schooled in the west that if u dont even live there. u have wined and dined with the colonialist for the most part of ur life, but then talk down on nigerians who are trying to keep up with u.

You are trying to ''keep up'' with the west by having your lawyers wear white man's hair??

Was that how Japan, China, Singapore and South Korea developed? This is why we say that common sense is not common.

and yes we are independent generation, but what do u control? u dont control anything. ur technology was not used to build anything u enjoy today, and ur technology will not be used to fight the wars of the future.

What nonsense. ''My'' technology led to whatever technological advancement seen today. MY ancestors invented writing, the sciences, astronomy, architecture, philosophy among other disciplines. Without them and their early, pivotal breakthroughs, there would be no modern world to speak of today. So Africans are the EQUAL of every race on earth, and we will NOT be told of our worth. WE KNOW our worth.

so u are still at the mercy of the colonialist coz they control technology that ur life revolves around. so what u need to do is go dress like an anciet egyptian, and get the fvck outta here with that bullsh1t.

'The colonialists' control YOU. Not me or anyone else with their brains intact. The 'colonialists' do not OWN technology. Technology has been around for thousands of years before the colonialist existed, and will continue to exist and evolve long after the colonialist is gone. No one can make you feel inferior without your permission.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 13, 2012
ezotik: it was recently mr bigg incorporated african dishes into their menu but the concept of the restaurant and menu was completely western and that was how it started off. so are u going to kill off that whole franchise because it was based off a western ideology?

Did you say ''the concept of the restaurant and menu was completely western''?

Any more proof you are a colonised, ignorant freak of nature??

Better go study world history before disgracing yourself any further.

Next thing you'll tell us the concepts of waking up in the morning, cleaning one's teeth, combing one's hair, and blowing one's nose are all western concepts. Olodo rabata.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Knegoyon: 8:39pm On May 13, 2012
info@lpf:
I humbly disagree that it makes us look like fools.

I am a lawyer, called to the Nigerian Bar 20 years ago, I remember the pride with which I set off to Chancery Lane in London to get fitted for my wig and gown at 20! My colleagues from the USA and other non ceremonial dress countries, while they initially laugh at the pomp of it all, also admit that they do so with a certain sense of envy. There is a certain prestige and identification associated with the wig and gown, when properly made and worn, that makes all the years of studying and abuse worthwhile! I agree that not everyone can afford a wig and gown from Ede & Ravenscroft, but the folks who make them in Nigeria cut corners and produce sub standard end products (as evidenced by the jacked up wig on 1st page).

I will admit, the heat makes it a bit uncomfortable, but I can deal with a bit of discomfort. Besides, if all things were equal in Nigeria, all court rooms and hallways really should be air conditioned, at this point in our post-independence history.

I LOVE my wig and gown, and I humbly submit that I look fabulous in it!

You did not have any white or black lawyers in countries that don't wear wigs being of any envy for you getting fitted with a wig to look silly. No, way and no how did they ever tell you that. They just laughed at you when you got your photo taken and then laughed again when you were so proud to wear that foolishness upon your head.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Knegoyon: 8:47pm On May 13, 2012
ROSSIKE:

You're a thoughtless moro.n to keep quoting that racist garbage from a semi-literate drunkard like Lugard. It is your racial inferiority complex that makes you think his words mean anything but the ignorant garbage spewed by the sort of drunken, unschooled louts that we see everyday here on the streets of London.

What do you think Frederick Lugard, Governor-General of Nigeria would think of black Nigerians wearing the wings? On top of that don't you think he'd be proud his statement that you're responding to? Heck, his wife was the one that named the country Nigeria in the first place. Wig wearing is that trash he left behind.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Knegoyon: 8:49pm On May 13, 2012
alj harem:

LOL grin grin grin grin grin My brother, you mean without a wig you cannot have prestige and confidence ?

How does the wig and gown help with your daily routine as a lawyer ?

Remember that some in the law are brainwashed. Thus, they love what their masters gifted to them....the wings to look clownish in.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by ezotik: 8:58pm On May 13, 2012
What is this one talking about? We KNOW who we are. It is not a 'name' or title that makes us who we are. Africans have known themselves and have been known by numerous names throughout history. What an irrelevance.

of course it is very relevant becos ur current "african" identity was given to u by white colonialist. so are u going to give it up because it is a colonial identity? and are u going to give ur nigerian identity up because it is also colonial identity? better yet, are u proposing we break-up nigeria and many of the african nations because they are colonial creations? becos a little over a century ago, the nation called nigeria didnt even exist. so what u do propose we do with this european creation called nigeria?

Does writing signify a colonial mentality among whites? You do realise that Africans invented writing. And architecture. And medicine. And the sciences.

What nonsense. ''My'' technology led to whatever technological advancement seen today. MY ancestors invented writing, the sciences, astronomy, architecture, philosophy among other disciplines. Without them and their early, pivotal breakthroughs, there would be no modern world to speak of today. So Africans are the EQUAL of every race on earth, and we will NOT be told of our worth. WE KNOW our worth.

im not saying ur ancient ancestors in egypt didnt invent everything. but who is controlling and developing the technology? i dont see u doing it. most of the construction companies that build what u come show off here are all foreign based companies from europe. and u are not developing any technology that will be used to fight the wars for the future either. so what are u doing apart from talking sh1t?

You are trying to ''keep up'' with the west by having your lawyers wear white man's hair??

Was that how Japan, China and South Korea developed? This is why we say that common sense is not common.

cant u read? the nigerians u talk down on, are the people trying to keep up with u -- rossik. u have wined and dined with the colonialist all ur life, but then, u talk down on nigerians who want to keep up with u.

Oh eventually we will definitely revise our legal system to reflect grassroots yearnings, and bring it closer to what we need to build a truly independent Africa. But the white man's wig is the most visible symbol of our current subservience, so will be the first to go.

so what are u saying, that an institution that produced such personalities like gani made of nigerian lawyers and judges are not learned and enlightened enough to do away with it when they deem fit, and u are the messiah that will bring this knowledge to them? so who the fvck are u again?

You do not understand that Gani himself was fighting for the same dignity and self worth that we are fighting for. It is colonial mentality that makes an African steal his nation's wealth and bank overseas. It ois colonial mentality that makes an African leader shoot protesters, while ganging up with foreign multinationals to loot his country.

Gani tackled that colonial mentality from his own side. I and others are tackling it from THIS side, by going straight to the MINDS of people, and if you've got a problem with that, go bleach your dum.b face white and leave us alone.

save the long story, all im asking is, when u the new messiah finally tackle all these things, what are u going to replace it with? and are u also going to tell nigerians to give up jesus and mohammed that they love so much? goodluck with that. grin

'The colonialists' control YOU. Not me or anyone else with their brains intact. The 'colonialists' do not OWN technology. Technology has been around for thousands of years before the colonialist existed, and will continue to exist and evolve long after the colonialist is gone. No one can make you feel inferior without your permission.

grin grin oh u big dummy, they control u even more than me and the nigerian on the streets. u went to their schools, so they educated and gave u the opportunity to come spew rubbish on the internet. idiot.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 13, 2012
Knegoyon:

What do you think Frederick Lugard, Governor-General of Nigeria would think of black Nigerians wearing the wigs? On top of that don't you think he'd be proud his statement that you're responding to? Heck, his wife was the one that named the country Nigeria in the first place. Wig wearing is that trash he left behind.

The main thing you have to remember is that the colonialists did a very efficient job of brainwashing the African. It was actually a deliberate program of brainwashing they undertook. Using education, religion, and media. They felt that only by doing this could they get us to relinquish control of our continent's resources for their benefit.

So we're still suffering from the effects of that program. Lugard's words are inapplicable because any race subjected to this intense brainwashing would behave in exactly the same way. Another country that was colonised by Europeans - India, is the world's largest importer of skin bleaching creams.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 13, 2012
ezotik:

of course it very relevant becos ur current "african" identity was given to u by white colonialist. so are u going to give it up because it is a colonial identity?[/q are u going to give ur nigerian identity up because it is a colonial identity? better yet, are u proposing we break-up nigeria and many of the african nations because they are colonial creation? becos a little over a century ago, the nation called nigeria didnt even exist. so what u do propose we do with this european creation called nigeria?

im not saying ur ancient ancestors in egypt didnt event everything. but who is controlling and developing the technology? i dont see u doing it. most of the construction companies that build what u come show off here are all foreign based companies from europe. so u control nada.

cant u read? the nigerians u talk down on, are the people trying to keep up with u -- rossik. u have wined and dined with the colonialist all ur life, but then, u talk down on nigerians u want to keep up with u.

so what are u saying, that an institution that produce personalities like gani made of nigerian lawyers and judges are not learned enough to do away with it when they deem fit, and u are the messiah that will bring this knowledge to them? so who the fvck are u again?

save the long story, all im asking is, when u the new messiah finally tackle all these things, what are u going to replace it with? are u going to tell nigerians to give up jesus and mohammed that they love so much? goodluck with that. grin

grin grin oh u big dummy, they even u even more than me and the nigerian on the streets. u went to their schools, so they educated and gave u the opportunity to come spew rubbish on the internet. idiot.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 13, 2012
ezotik:

of course it very relevant becos ur current "african" identity was given to u by white colonialist. so are u going to give it up because it is a colonial identity?[/q are u going to give ur nigerian identity up because it is a colonial identity? better yet, are u proposing we break-up nigeria and many of the african nations because they are colonial creation? becos a little over a century ago, the nation called nigeria didnt even exist. so what u do propose we do with this european creation called nigeria?

im not saying ur ancient ancestors in egypt didnt event everything. but who is controlling and developing the technology? i dont see u doing it. most of the construction companies that build what u come show off here are all foreign based companies from europe. so u control nada.

cant u read? the nigerians u talk down on, are the people trying to keep up with u -- rossik. u have wined and dined with the colonialist all ur life, but then, u talk down on nigerians u want to keep up with u.

so what are u saying, that an institution that produce personalities like gani made of nigerian lawyers and judges are not learned enough to do away with it when they deem fit, and u are the messiah that will bring this knowledge to them? so who the fvck are u again?

save the long story, all im asking is, when u the new messiah finally tackle all these things, what are u going to replace it with? are u going to tell nigerians to give up jesus and mohammed that they love so much? goodluck with that. grin

grin grin oh u big dummy, they even u even more than me and the nigerian on the streets. u went to their schools, so they educated and gave u the opportunity to come spew rubbish on the internet. idiot.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Knegoyon: 9:02pm On May 13, 2012
The British had colonies in Africa, what is now called the Middle East, and in parts of Asia. Some of these former occupied colonial places post independence from the British are now world powers with strong economies and nuclear weapons for their defence.

Post independence African nations seem to want to hold on to colonial rubbish...such as wigs.

These former British occupied regions are now nuclear powered nations and don't wear wigs
India
Pakistan
China

These other British former colonies do not wear wigs
Bahrain
Kuwait
Oman
Palestine
Qatar
South Arabia (Yemen)
Jordan
Israel/Palestine
Iraq
Trucial Coast (United Arab Emirates)

These former British colonies in Africa do not wear wigs
Egypt
Sudan
South Africa
Somalia
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by ezotik: 9:13pm On May 13, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Did you say ''the concept of the restaurant and menu was completely western''?

Any more proof you are a colonised, ignorant freak of nature??

Better go study world history before disgracing yourself any further.

Next thing you'll tell us the concepts of waking up in the morning, cleaning one's teeth, combing one's hair, and blowing one's nose are all western concepts. Olodo rabata.

shut the fvk up. the concept of mr biggs was that of fast food restuarant u find in the west. and their menu was tea, cake, doughnuts and all those other stopid sh1t. the only food in their menu intially that was remotely african, i guess was jollof rice.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 13, 2012
ezotik:

of course it very relevant becos ur current "african" identity was given to u by white colonialist. so are u going to give it up because it is a colonial identity?

You are so thick it's unbelievable. When and where did colonialists give us our African identity??

are u going to give up ur nigerian identity up because it is a colonial identity? better yet, are u proposing we break-up nigeria and many of the african nations because they are colonial creation?

Actually, you may not know this, but one of the main objectives of the African Union is to create eventually a single African Nation out of these colonial contraptions we call countries. ALL member states of the AU are signatories to this, and so Africans actually ARE moving towards true independence, albeit without you. YOU are stuck in the 1950s, thinking that once colonised, it's always colonised. Because you're a dunderhead.

im not saying ur ancient ancestors in egypt didnt invent everything. but who is controlling and developing the technology? i dont see u doing it. most of the construction companies that build what u come show off here are all foreign based companies from europe. so u control nada.

''Control'' in what sense exactly Nobody ''controls'' anything. You either have the capacity to build an aeroplane or you don't. You either have the capacity to build a skycraper or you don't. You can build that capacity by investing in research and development when you have the financial wherewithal and political will for so doing. Nobody ''controls'' anything, least of all the mental endowments of humans which are uniformly spread, diverse, and far-reaching. The only person that controls everything is the Almighty, who made us ALL equal in ability and intellect.

so what are u saying, that an institution that produce personalities like gani made of nigerian lawyers and judges are not learned enough to do away with it when they deem fit, and u are the messiah that will bring this knowledge to them?

Well, if they are learned enough they better GET RID of that white man's hair they wear on their heads, or someone will do it FOR THEM.

save the long story, all im asking is, when u the new messiah finally tackle all these things, what are u going to replace it with? are u going to tell nigerians to give up jesus and mohammed that they love so much? goodluck with that.

Those imported religions are not going to be with us forever either.

oh u big dummy, they even u even more than me and the nigerian on the streets. u went to their schools, so they educated and gave u the opportunity to come spew rubbish on the internet. idiot.

Oh you slave.... my uni abroad was filled with Chinese, Japs, Taiwanese, Arabs all of whom got their education in the west but still retained their pride, dignity and cultural identity, unlike a CLOWN like you who would go there, and out of inferiority complex, go and paint your skin white and don the white man's hair on your head! Block head with no brain. Tomorrow when those whites and Asians call you a mumu, you'll be wondering why. Ode oshi.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by ezotik: 9:55pm On May 13, 2012
You are so thick it's unbelievable. When and where did colonialists give us our African identity??

so where did the african identity come from? from the egytians? from nok? from the ogisos? from oduduwa? from where exactly?

Actually, you may not know this, but one of the main objectives of the African Union is to create eventually a single African Nation out of these colonial contraptions we call countries. ALL member of the AU are signatories to this, and so Africans actually ARE moving towards true independence, albeit without you. YOU are stuck in the 1950s, thinking that once colonised, it's always colonised. Because you're a dunderhead.

so who are u forming a nation with? the arabs in the north and the europeans in the south? why? arent white-south africans colonialist? and i thought u were one of those afrocentric nutjobs who believes ancient egypt was a black civilization invaded by whoever is occupying the land today. but thru ur african union u want to form a single nation with invaders both north and south the continent? cant u see how lost u are?

''Control'' in what sense exactly Nobody ''controls'' anything. You either have the capacity to build an aeroplane or you don't. You either have the capacity to build a skycraper or you don't. You can build that capacity by investing in research and development when you have the financial wherewithal and political will for so doing. Nobody ''controls'' anything, least of all the mental endowments of humans which are uniformly spread, diverse, and far-reaching. The only person that controls everything is the Almighty, who made us ALL equal in ability and intellect.

so what dont u undertand by control? whoever builds the aeroplane controls it. so what technology are u developing that will be used for building?

Well, if they are learned enough they better GET RID of that white man's hair they wear on their heads, or someone will do it FOR THEM.

why dont u start it. go to a court and rip it off the head of a judge and then declare u are a nairalander named rossik starting the revolution to rid them of their colonial mentality. i sure it will make news.

Those imported religions are not going to be with us forever either.

but meanwhile u are not doing anything to stop it. u are not destroying churches and mosques, and u are not developing and institutionalizing any religion that will stop and replace them, but in ur little head, u just believe it will not be with us forever... thats common sense, nothing lasts forever.

Oh you slave.... my uni abroad was filled with Chinese, Japs, Taiwanese, Arabs all of whom got their education in the west but still retained their pride, dignity and cultural identity, unlike a CLOWN like you who would go there, and out of inferiority complex, go and paint your skin white and don the white man's hair on your head! Block head with no brain. Tomorrow when those whites and Asians call you a mumu, you'll be wondering why. Ode oshi.

lol...i know ur type grin, u are one of those idiots who remembered u had a country in africa the minute the white rejected u. all along, u were dancing to their tune tryin to fit in, eating their food, speaking their language perfectly, and fvcking their girls...and u thought u were one of them and there was no stopping u and u are on top of the world, but then they reminded u of who u truly are, a black monkey from africa...then u went home to shed a few tears and started rejecting everything white and felt u are now the one to tell nigerians how to have pride in themselves. what u are is a reject that will not be accepted anywhere. dumbass
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by infolpf: 11:49pm On May 13, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Nobody expects lawyers like you, steeped in colonial buffoonery, to even gather your thoughts enough to question the nature of your subservience, in wearing wigs symbolizing white mens' hair.

We pray an African DICTATOR or a conscious African parliament, showing a sense of African independence and dignity, will arise one day to forcefully yank that colonialist rubbish off your thoughtless little heads and spare us further embarrassment.

Oooh, I am scared now. Here we go world, step aside - another angry black man!
Let me guess, you have perhaps just taken a course in black awareness? Listened to a Louis Farrakhan diatribe? Been passed over for a job by a 'white man' only to have a less qualified (in your own humble opinion) 'white man' get the job? Oooh wait, perhaps just lost your life partner to a 'white man' when he/she realized (thanks to your not so endowed size) that the big black d__k really is a myth?

Get over yourself dude - take a deep breath and step gently off your high horse. There are serious ills in this society that you should try to redirect that anger and passion to fixing. Issues that truly are the source of international embarrassment. Take your pick.

Could someone reach out and give Rossike a hug?
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Knegoyon: 1:02am On May 14, 2012
How come this subject was moved from the "Law" category to the "Career" category?

Dosn't seem to fit the career topic, when it's actually about the legal topic.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Nobody: 2:27am On May 14, 2012
ezotik:

so where did the african identity come from? from the egytians? from nok? from the ogisos? from oduduwa? from where exactly?

Identity comes from whoever claims the identity. Nobody can give you your identity.

so who are u forming a nation with? the arabs in the north and the europeans in the south? why? arent white-south africans colonialist?

Actually, dunce, white south Africans are NOT ''colonialist''. They are white South Africans.

and i thought u were one of those afrocentric nutjobs who believes ancient egypt was a black civilization invaded by whoever is occupying the land today.

The ancient Greek scholars like Herodotus, Diodorus, and Aristotle who visited Egypt thousands of years ago and noted that the inhabitants were blacks must also be Afrocentric nutjobs. Ill-educated moro.n.

but thru ur african union u want to form a single nation with invaders both north and south the continent? cant u see how lost u are?

It's not ''my'' African Union. It is THE African Union. The objectives of the union include continental unification.

so what dont u undertand by control? whoever builds the aeroplane controls it. so what technology are u developing that will be used for building?

You're beyond daft. So because ''I'' do not build aeroplanes, I must don white man's hair??

but meanwhile u are not doing anything to stop it. u are not destroying churches and mosques, and u are not developing and institutionalizing any religion that will stop and replace them, but in ur little head, u just believe it will not be with us forever... thats common sense, nothing lasts forever.

I do not have to develop any religion to know that these imported religions will one day disappear.

lol...i know ur type grin, u are one of those idiots who remembered u had a country in africa the minute the white rejected u. all along, u were dancing to their tune tryin to fit in, eating their food, speaking their language perfectly

You mean, as you are doing by wearing their white hair like a circus clown?

and fvcking their girls...and u thought u were one of them and there was no stopping u and u are on top of the world, but then they reminded u of who u truly are, a black monkey from africa...then u went home to shed a few tears and started rejecting everything white and felt u are now the one to tell nigerians how to have pride in themselves. what u are is a reject that will not be accepted anywhere. dumbass

You can refer to your own mother as 'black monkey'. Same as your father. Just don't point such racist, self loathing terminology in my direction, you ignorant sack of worthlessness.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Nobody: 2:32am On May 14, 2012
info@lpf:

Oooh, I am scared now. Here we go world, step aside - another angry black man!
Let me guess, you have perhaps just taken a course in black awareness? Listened to a Louis Farrakhan diatribe? Been passed over for a job by a 'white man' only to have a less qualified (in your own humble opinion) 'white man' get the job? Oooh wait, perhaps just lost your life partner to a 'white man' when he/she realized (thanks to your not so endowed size) that the big black d__k really is a myth?

Get over yourself dude - take a deep breath and step gently off your high horse. There are serious ills in this society that you should try to redirect that anger and passion to fixing.

Another DUNCE. NO we do not like or want your white man hair wigs symbolizing African legal systems, and you can be guaranteed that that nonsensical, idiotic practice will be in the dustbin of history where it belongs in the next few decades MAX.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Nobody: 2:49am On May 14, 2012
Dummies. If you want to copy the white man for progress, why don't you do it in a beneficial way, the way others do it?

This is a necessarily loose generalisation, but...someone once put it this way: The Asian copies the way the white man thinks, while the African copies the way the white man acts.

Here's how the Asian copies the white man: He visits Europe. He sees the white man worships his own God and will countenance no other. Sees the white man speaks his own language and cares not for any other. Sees the white man believes his own home made products are the best in the world, even if they're not. Sees the white man believes himself equal or superior to all other races. Sees the white man celebrates his own culture and history daily. Sees the white man believes in self sufficiency and in manufacturing his own products etc. The Asian returns home and says, you know what? I really admire the white man. I'm going to BE like him. Worship my own God. Manufacture my own goods. Speak my own language, elevate my own culture.

Here's how the African copies the white man: He visits Europe. He sees the white man wearing a wig in court. He sees the white man speaking English. He sees the white man driving a Rolls Royce. He sees the white man flying an aeroplane. He see the white man eating sausages and bacon. The African returns home and says, you know what? I really admire the white man. I'm going to BE like him. I'm going to wear his hair wig, import the Rolls Royce he drives, import the aeroplane he rides, import the sausage and bacon he eats, speak his language, bear his names, and worship his God!

The Asian copies the way the white man THINKS. The African copies the way the white man ACTS.

BUT THAT'S CHANGING, and these white wig wearing DINOSAURS and their NUMBSKULL supporters are but an endangered, dying breed...
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by ezotik: 3:01am On May 14, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Identity comes from whoever claims the identity. Nobody can give you your identity.

nobody can give u ur identity, but it was flora shaw a european colonialist who named u a nigerian. so again dumbass, who named u an african?

The ancient Greek scholars like Herodotus, Diodorus, and Aristotle who visited Egypt thousands of years ago and noted that the inhabitants were blacks must also be Afrocentric nutjobs. Ill-educated moro.n.

europeans to the rescue again... now u are quoting them to support ur argument, so what does that make u? a eurocentric-afrocentric nutjob. thats just twice as bad. btw, did the ancient egyptian call themselves africans?

Actually, dunce, white south Africans are NOT ''colonialist''. They are white South Africans.

and what are white south africans? are they not descendants of colonialist who invaded the land? so i guess they now have a pass to occupy in the land in ur thick skull.

It's not ''my'' African Union. It is THE African Union. The objectives of the union include continental unification.

spare me the technical bullsh1t, so now u want to form a nation with invaders who invaded from the north and south of the continent so that they can complete the job. u be goat.

I do not have to develop any religion to know that these imported religions will one day disappear.

i did not expect u to anything because u are a lazy bastard. all idi0ts like u is talk, and wait for someone else to do it. so whatever beliefs system that would replace them will not be ur creation but that of another. and most likely, it is also go to flow from the west. more and more nigerians are becoming atheist, and guess who is pulling that ideology to them? ur former colonial masters. and yeah, those religions will disappear like ur ancient egyptians and their religions have disappeared from the surface of the earth. thats a no-brainer.

You mean, as you are doing by wearing their white hair like a circus clown?

agbiyagha me khin

You can refer to your own mother as 'black monkey'. Same as your father. Just don't point such racist, self loathing terminology in my direction, you ignorant sack of worthlessness.

grin grin awww, dont we all love it when a fool tries to take the high-road? when u described peoples' fathers and mothers as individuals with "thoughtless little heads" ur never thought it was self loathing? now i called u a black monkey, u cry foul. but it is true, u are nothing but a black monkey, now go chop some banana. grin grin

and oh btw, it wasn't racist... coz im a so-called black african like u. grin
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Nobody: 3:18am On May 14, 2012
ezotik:

nobody can give u an identity, but it was flora shaw who named u a nigerian. any again dumbass, who named u an african?

That someone suggests a name for your country doesn't mean they've given you your identity.

europeans to the rescue again... now u are quoting them to support ur argument

That one quotes a European does not mean you go wearing a white man's hair wig to symbolize your legal system, EWURE.

btw, did the ancient egyptian call themselves africans?

The called themselves 'Kemmui' - the blacks. Their land 'Kemet' - black nation. They never wore white man hair wigs. Needless to add, they would have found the very thought revolting.

and what are white south africans? are they not descendents of colonialist who invaded the country? so i guess they now have a pass to occupy in the land

They can live there so long as they don't start any more trouble, sure. And if they do, they'll get the Zimbabwe treatment.

spare me the technical bullsh1t, what u want it to form a nation with invaders who invaded from the north and south so that they can complete it. u be goat.

There are no invaders in Africa to my knowledge. The descendants of invaders are not invaders.

i did not expect u to anything because u are a lazy bastard. all idi0ts like u is talk, and wait for someone else to do it. so whatever beliefs system that would replace them will not be ur creation but that of another.

Why does anyone have to create a belief system for you? Have you no brains??

and most likely, it is also go to flow from the west. more and more nigerians are becoming atheist, and guess who is pulling that ideology to them? ur former colonial masters.

Really... Information is widely available on the web regarding the foolishness that passes for modern religion... not surprised many are turning away from such unfounded, imported fairytales. I don't think they're becoming atheists though... they just don't believe the christian stories any longer.

and yeah, those religions will disappear like ur ancient egyptians and their religions have disappear from the surface of the earth. thats a no-brainer.

They sure will. Do you know that Ra and Osiris were worshipped for thousands of years? At the height of their fame no one imagined a day would come when nobody worshipped or remembered them. So it will be with christianity and islam.

awww, dont we all love it when a fool tries to take the high-road? when u described peoples father's and mother's as individual with "thoughtless little heads" ur never thought it was self loathing? now i called u a black monkey, u cry foul. but it is true, u are nothing but a black monkey, now go chop some banana. grin grin

and oh btw, it wasn't racist... coz im a so-called black african like u. wink

Your mother and father are black monkeys and your siblings are stinky hybrid dogs you nasty coc.k sucking, cotton picking fagg.ot. Now take that racist bullshhit and go stick it up your mother's dirty vagin.a, you peabrained bastard.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Nobody: 3:24am On May 14, 2012
AND if you would prefer to go down THAT route of racist abuse and insults, GO AHEAD. MAKE MY DAY. And claiming to be black is no defence against hurling racist insults.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by ezotik: 3:59am On May 14, 2012
ROSSIKE:

That someone suggests a name for your country doesn't mean they've given you your identity.

that does not make sense, my dear. whatever name u bear is ur identity, and whoever named u, gave u that identity. if ur name is esohe, that name is ur identity and whoever gave u that name, gave u that identity. and we have our ethnic/tribal identity today, because someone name that group hausa, igbo, yoruba, edo, ijaw etc, so it was someone who gave the group gave the identity and they accepted it and became part of who they are. so same goes with national identity. u were named by a european dumbass, and thats how u became a nigerian outside ur ethnic identity.

That one quotes a European does not mean you go wearing a white man's hair wig to symbolize your legal system, EWURE.

so quoting a european to save ur azz does not make a slave with colonial mentality to their ideologies? lol, that was funny grin

The called themselves 'Kemmui' - the blacks. Their land 'Kemet' - black nation. They never wore white man hair wigs. Needless to add, they would have found the very thought revolting.

so if the ancient egyptians thousands of years ago never called themselves africans and neither did my ancestors like two centuries ago consider themselves africans. so why should i now call myself an african? because a european said so?

They can live there so long as they don't start any more trouble, sure. And if they do, they'll get the Zimbabwe treatment.

so you the nigerian is the one going to give them the mugabe treatment? btw, when was the last time a black south african killed a european migrant in their xenophobic attacks? it is u nigerians and so-called black africans they are looking for. they love those white motherfuckers more than u just like those north africans love dem arabs more than ur black azz. but now u are proposing we form a single nation with them so that they can wipe ur black azz off the continent.

There are no invaders in Africa to my knowledge. The descendants of invaders are not invaders.

because u are an idi0t. u are obsessed with the black african consciousness, but at the same time, do not consider descendants of european invaders as invaders? so if europeans are to invade west africa again and refuse to leave overtime.. idi0ts like u will say "hey, they are now one of us, so they can stay"

Really... Information is widely available on the web regarding the foolishness that passes for modern religion... not surprised many are turning away from such unfounded, imported fairytales.

They sure will. Do you know that Ra and Osiris were worshipped for thousands of years? At the height of their fame no one imagined a day would come when nobody worshipped or remembered them. So it will be with christianity and islam.

Why does anyone have to create a belief system for you? Have you no brains??

but as long as religion with always be part of man, then who is going to develop one for ur children? certianly not a lazy bastard like u have already admitted u are not going to develop any one.

Your mother and father are black monkeys and your siblings are stinky hybrid dogs you nasty coc.k sucking, cotton picking fagg.ot. Now take that racist bullshhit and go stick it up your mother's dirty vagin.a, you peabrained bastard.

grin grin grin u sound like a disgrunted african-american hoodrat
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Nobody: 4:19am On May 14, 2012
ezotik:

that does not make sense, my dear. whatever name u bear is ur identify, and whoever named u, gave u that identity. if ur name is esohe, that name is ur identity and whoever gave u that name, gave u that identity. and we have our ethnic/tribal identity today, because someone name that group hausa, igbo, yoruba, edo, ijaw etc, because come gave the group the identity and they accepted it. so same goes with national identity.

Identity has to do with traits like personality, culture, education, religion (or lack of), etc. Claiming that the name gives you your identity is silly since most of us have several names... but yet a single identity.

so quoting a european to save ur azz does not make a slave to their ideologies?

How does quoting a witness make you a slave to the witness? The eyewitnesses said the original Egyptians were black folks. We accept their testimony. Nothing wrong with that.

so if the ancient egyptians thousands of years ago never called themselves africans and neither did my ancestors like two centuries ago consider themselves africans. so why should i now call myself an african?

You can call yourself anything you like!

so you the nigerian is the one going to give them the mugabe treatment? btw, when was the last a black south african killed a european in their xenophobic attacks? it is u nigerians and so-called black africans they are looking for. they look those white motherfuckers more than just like those north africans love arabs more than ur black azz. but now u want form a nation with them so that they can wipe u off the continent.

Nobody is going to wipe anyone off any continent. Where did you get that from?

u are obsessed with the black african consciousness, but at the same time, do not consider descendants of invaders as invaders?

African-Americans once suffered slavery. Their ancestors were slaves. Doesn't mean THEY are slaves.

so if europeans are to invade west africa again and refuse to leave overtime.. idi0ts like u will say "hey, they are now one of us, so they can stay"

Africans will not say you cannot stay because you are white. Africans WILL say you cannot stay because you're an oppressor. Just like they did in Zimbabwe.

but as long as religion with always be part of pain, then, who is going to develop one for ur children? certianity not a lazy bastard like u have already admitted u are going to develop any one.

Before the whites came with their religion, Africans had a multiplicity of beliefs although most believed in the Supreme Being. There does NOT have to be a single ''belief system'' for society to thrive. In fact it's best in my view for everyone to make what they will of the world without anyone coming in and harassing them to ''believe'' in one so called saviour, 'prophet' or deity or the other.

grin grin grin u sound like a disgrunted african-american hoodrat

Better believe I'm as badass as they come.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by ezotik: 5:05am On May 14, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Identity has to do with traits like personality, culture, education, religion (or lack of), etc. Claiming that the name gives you your identity is silly since most of us have several names... but yet a single identity.

lol... in one breath, u say identity defines what u are as a person culturally, educationally, religously and otherwise. but at the same time u say the name u identify with does not give u ur identity. so when u identify urself to a nigerian as yoruba or hausa, are u not expecting him to know where u are from and things about u culturally and otherwise? becos that name defines u right away dumbass.

How does quoting a witness make you a slave to the witness? The eyewitnesses said the original Egyptians were black folks. We accept their testimony. Nothing wrong with that.

but quoting them to save ur azz means u rely on their opinions. so if europeans are the eyewitnessess u rely on, why do u reject the opinion of lugard? he was also an eyewitness. but oh wait, u wont accept it, coz u cant quote him to save ur azz.

You can call yourself anything you like!

ok, so im not black, im not african, im not nigerian or any of that colonialist nonsense. im an ovbiedo kpataki from the ancient land of igodomigodo.

Nobody is going to wipe anyone off any continent. Where did you get that from?

so how did the ancient egyptians who were black according to the euro historians get wiped off egypt and replaced with predominately light skinned motherfuckers who do not consider themselves black or even africans?

African-Americans once suffered slavery. Their ancestors were slaves. Doesn't mean THEY are slaves.

but they are not indigenous to that land. can they claim to be the native-americans? hell nah!! they were brought in by the invaders, so technically they are part of invaders, the only difference is that they came in as slaves.

Africans will not say you cannot stay because you are white. Africans WILL say you cannot stay because you're an oppressor. Just like they did in Zimbabwe.

hmmm .... so the many years of apartheid in south africa was not oppression?

Before the whites came with their religion, Africans had a multiplicity of beliefs although most believed in the Supreme Being. There does NOT have to be a single ''belief system'' for society to thrive..

i never said there should be a single belief system.. and there was never a single belief in any part of the world. but as the world is today, are u developing a belief system that will be dominant in ur ethnic group? hell nah!!

In fact it's best in my view for everyone to make what they will of the world without anyone coming in and harassing them to ''believe'' in one so called saviour or deity or the other

and how on earth is that going to be possible? u cannot stop people from selling their ideologies to u, and one ideology must kill off the other. that human nature.

Better believe I'm as badass as they come.

it wasnt a compliment.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by ezotik: 6:03am On May 14, 2012
ROSSIKE:

You're beyond daft. So because ''I'' do not build aeroplanes, I must don white man's hair??

lol.. how did i miss this comment? grin

so remind me what u do again? u dont build planes, u are not developing any religion, u sure are not developing ur language. all u do talk down on nigerians with good english from a white suburb in the west coz im sure u dont live amongst african-americans and help build their communities. and people like u prolly avoid AA like a plague. so u dont do anything apart from remind us that ur ancient egyptian ancestors invented everything in the world while u their descendant do nada.

btw, the wig is not made from a white's man hair. or were u to dull to read where someone said its made from horse hair? so no-one is donning a "white" man's hair. na horse hair, kunta kinte!
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by hardbody: 9:50am On May 15, 2012
I have read through a large portion of the posts and i dare say i personally got interested in the legal profession because of the wig and gown ( my dad led us into watching a lot of 'Crown Court Proceedings from the British Council Library from teh tender years). I am today aware that part of the reason why we are made to wear the wig is basically to depict 'wisdom' acquired through training (as against age). Therefore, i do not personally see what diference it makes whether it is a white or brown wig. If we are going to jettison the wig and gown just because we are Africans or indeed Nigerians, how about we also change our legal system and perhaps go back to the days of trial by ordeal and the use of sango, oritse, Ekpe society and a whole lot of traditional modes of resolving conflicts including 'fighting to the death'. In my opinion (which i am certainly entitled to), our issues go beyond the wig and gown, we should be more interested in how to improve our judicial system within the microcosm of Nigerian multi and hydra-headed issues spanning crimes, violence, poverty, deliberate impoverishment of the masses, massive looting of funds by people in political offices, etc etc. If the Courts are well air-conditioned, and a solicitor (lawyer) has made enough money to drive a decent car, it is simple to come out of an airconditioned house, into an airconditioned car and straight into an airconditioned court.A guy that will never appear fresh will not suddenly change just because he is wearing or not wearing wig and gown. Let us face the real issues and the larger picture and not mundane things How the world look at us in terms of wig and gown does not really matter to me, i have always loved the wig and gown and will always love it. Police changing their uniforms have not affected their attitude positively, so a change in wig and gown may not make any significant difference. IMO
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Dukes83: 9:55am On May 15, 2012
Honestly, this should have stopped on Independence Day!
We are Africans, in Africa...we should be wearing traditional wear in the courts.
But like most colonies, everything the white imposed on us, we now embrace it as our own...don't even get me started on religion!
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 15, 2012
ezotik:

nobody can give u ur identity, but it was flora shaw a european colonialist who named u a nigerian. so again dumbass, who named u an african?

europeans to the rescue again... now u are quoting them to support ur argument, so what does that make u? a eurocentric-afrocentric nutjob. thats just twice as bad. btw, did the ancient egyptian call themselves africans?

and what are white south africans? are they not descendants of colonialist who invaded the land? so i guess they now have a pass to occupy in the land in ur thick skull.

spare me the technical bullsh1t, so now u want to form a nation with invaders who invaded from the north and south of the continent so that they can complete the job. u be goat.

i did not expect u to anything because u are a lazy bastard. all idi0ts like u is talk, and wait for someone else to do it. so whatever beliefs system that would replace them will not be ur creation but that of another. and most likely, it is also go to flow from the west. more and more nigerians are becoming atheist, and guess who is pulling that ideology to them? ur former colonial masters. and yeah, those religions will disappear like ur ancient egyptians and their religions have disappear from the surface of the earth. thats a no-brainer.

agbiyagha me khin

grin grin awww, dont we all love it when a fool tries to take the high-road? when u described peoples father's and mother's as individual with "thoughtless little heads" ur never thought it was self loathing? now i called u a black monkey, u cry foul. but it is true, u are nothing but a black monkey, now go chop some banana. grin grin

and oh btw, it wasn't racist... coz im a so-called black african like u. grin

This is just what the good doctor prescribed as remedy for the virulent form of Stockholm syndrome you appear to have succumb to.

Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by ezotik: 5:59pm On May 15, 2012
^
the "african" is the one who succumbs to stockholm syndrome. but fancy book covers tho, they look glossy. the content? i couldn't care less.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Symphony007: 12:27am On Jul 04, 2013
I am a law student and ihate this wig and robes. I intend to argue it before the supreme court. Lawyers should wear a simple buisness suit to court while judges wear a simple black robe. Simple.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Experience With A Random Warri Boy / Do 60 Sit-ups In 2 Minutes - SA Special Police Force Requirement (PICS) / Man Sells Pure Water In A Corporate Wear In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.