Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,328 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Is There Any Point Of This Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There Any Point Of This Relationship? (1433 Views)

Photo: When A Lady Tells A Nigerian Man "No Sex In This Relationship" / Tired Of This Relationship / Should I Call Off This Relationship? Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Point Of This Relationship? by mishmash: 3:21pm On May 12, 2012
sadI have been with my bf for 5 years now and being honest I have to say that it has been hard but we made it through. I graduated last year while he has another year of studies. For the past year or so he hasnt been making much time for me and only made an effort when i was ill.Since then he hardly phones me and i havent seen him for 5 weeks. We dont spend time togther and I dont have anything to say to him on the phone because I have expressed that i am very unhappy and he has no changed or made time with me. I think because i graduated 2 years before him he is jealouse and is trying to push me away so we can argue and then make it look like its my fault.He often tells me he will phone me and dosent call, never texts me and 2 nights ago i didnt here from him bcause he said he spent the night at uni to study for the exam the next day. He called me by chance yesterday and asked what is wrong and i really cant be bothered to waste my time telling him when he hasnt made an improvement. he's exams are finsiehd now and he hasnt made any attempt to contact me today or arrange that we spend tim togther. I am starting to regret being in this relationship.I have been with my bf for 5 years now and being honest I have to say that it has been hard but we made it through. I graduated last year while he has another year of studies. For the past year or so he hasnt been making much time for me and only made an effort when i was ill.Since then he hardly phones me and i havent seen him for 5 weeks. We dont spend time togther and I dont have anything to say to him on the phone because I have expressed that i am very unhappy and he has no changed or made time with me. I think because i graduated 2 years before him he is jealouse and is trying to push me away so we can argue and then make it look like its my fault.He often tells me he will phone me and dosent call, never texts me and 2 nights ago i didnt here from him bcause he said he spent the night at uni to study for the exam the next day. He called me by chance yesterday and asked what is wrong and i really cant be bothered to waste my time telling him when he hasnt made an improvement. he's exams are finsiehd now and he hasnt made any attempt to contact me today or arrange that we spend tim togther. I am starting to regret being in this relationship.I have been with my bf for 5 years now and being honest I have to say that it has been hard but we made it through. I graduated last year while he has another year of studies. For the past year or so he hasnt been making much time for me and only made an effort when i was ill.Since then he hardly phones me and i havent seen him for 5 weeks. We dont spend time togther and I dont have anything to say to him on the phone because I have expressed that i am very unhappy and he has no changed or made time with me. I think because i graduated 2 years before him he is jealouse and is trying to push me away so we can argue and then make it look like its my fault.He often tells me he will phone me and dosent call, never texts me and 2 nights ago i didnt here from him bcause he said he spent the night at uni to study for the exam the next day. He called me by chance yesterday and asked what is wrong and i really cant be bothered to waste my time telling him when he hasnt made an improvement. he's exams are finsiehd now and he hasnt made any attempt to contact me today or arrange that we spend tim togther. I am starting to regret being in this relationship.
Re: Is There Any Point Of This Relationship? by Dyt(f): 3:32pm On May 12, 2012
He's tired of d whole u, d rel n everyth u v 2 offer
Truth hurts
Move on

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Point Of This Relationship? by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 12, 2012
Why would u even think he's jealous The point is, he nids a break. Thats all. He would definately come back after sorting himself. Give him space
Re: Is There Any Point Of This Relationship? by Timmyspaco(m): 3:41pm On May 12, 2012
A guy who is jealous of his g/frend's sucess,is a worthless stayin wit,abeg fin ur level

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Point Of This Relationship? by mishmash: 3:49pm On May 12, 2012
I said he maybe jealouse because when i had my graduation ceremony he never called to congratulate me or showed any intrest. I do not belive that is the actions of somebody who is not........ When i started my job he never asked about it or showed any interest, he only wants to talk about his STUDIES
Re: Is There Any Point Of This Relationship? by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 12, 2012
mishmash: sadI have been with my bf for 5 years now and being honest I have to say that it has been hard but we made it through. I graduated last year while he has another year of studies. For the past year or so he hasnt been making much time for me and only made an effort when i was ill.Since then he hardly phones me and i havent seen him for 5 weeks. We dont spend time togther and I dont have anything to say to him on the phone because I have expressed that i am very unhappy and he has no changed or made time with me. I think because i graduated 2 years before him he is jealouse and is trying to push me away so we can argue and then make it look like its my fault.He often tells me he will phone me and dosent call, never texts me and 2 nights ago i didnt here from him bcause he said he spent the night at uni to study for the exam the next day. He called me by chance yesterday and asked what is wrong and i really cant be bothered to waste my time telling him when he hasnt made an improvement. he's exams are finsiehd now and he hasnt made any attempt to contact me today or arrange that we spend tim togther. I am starting to regret being in this relationship.I have been with my bf for 5 years now and being honest I have to say that it has been hard but we made it through. I graduated last year while he has another year of studies. For the past year or so he hasnt been making much time for me and only made an effort when i was ill.Since then he hardly phones me and i havent seen him for 5 weeks. We dont spend time togther and I dont have anything to say to him on the phone because I have expressed that i am very unhappy and he has no changed or made time with me. I think because i graduated 2 years before him he is jealouse and is trying to push me away so we can argue and then make it look like its my fault.He often tells me he will phone me and dosent call, never texts me and 2 nights ago i didnt here from him bcause he said he spent the night at uni to study for the exam the next day. He called me by chance yesterday and asked what is wrong and i really cant be bothered to waste my time telling him when he hasnt made an improvement. he's exams are finsiehd now and he hasnt made any attempt to contact me today or arrange that we spend tim togther. I am starting to regret being in this relationship.I have been with my bf for 5 years now and being honest I have to say that it has been hard but we made it through. I graduated last year while he has another year of studies. For the past year or so he hasnt been making much time for me and only made an effort when i was ill.Since then he hardly phones me and i havent seen him for 5 weeks. We dont spend time togther and I dont have anything to say to him on the phone because I have expressed that i am very unhappy and he has no changed or made time with me. I think because i graduated 2 years before him he is jealouse and is trying to push me away so we can argue and then make it look like its my fault.He often tells me he will phone me and dosent call, never texts me and 2 nights ago i didnt here from him bcause he said he spent the night at uni to study for the exam the next day. He called me by chance yesterday and asked what is wrong and i really cant be bothered to waste my time telling him when he hasnt made an improvement. he's exams are finsiehd now and he hasnt made any attempt to contact me today or arrange that we spend tim togther. I am starting to regret being in this relationship.
Re: Is There Any Point Of This Relationship? by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 12, 2012
Like i said.. Give him space. He feels he has no Ego again in front of u, he doesn't know what u are thinking. All u have to do now is to support him.. Thats my opinion..
Re: Is There Any Point Of This Relationship? by slimyem: 4:04pm On May 12, 2012
that's one big self-centred man you got there!
Just end that shite and move on!
He'll come running back soon enough...and when he does,throw him to trash!
Leave no space for nonsense!
Re: Is There Any Point Of This Relationship? by bknight: 4:39pm On May 12, 2012
Dyt? Jst lyk dat?!
Re: Is There Any Point Of This Relationship? by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 12, 2012
These are the times when the level of your maturity has to come forth.
5yrs aint no joke.
But from my honest point of view, I feel he is having problems with his self esteem.
Its not easy going through such phase, and if not handled correctly, could lead to disaster.
Just give him time, be supportive and try to always encourage him.
This is not the time to tell him how much he is hurting you.
whenever u call him, just try to re assure him that you are there for him. Its not gonna be easy on your part but with time he will get his confidence back.
He is obviously having confidence issues. So do for him what no other person can do, be his support and wedge. He will thank u for it later.
Re: Is There Any Point Of This Relationship? by Dyt(f): 4:57pm On May 12, 2012
bknight: Dyt? Jst lyk dat?!

Dear
Jst lyk dat
Re: Is There Any Point Of This Relationship? by LaParisienne(f): 5:28pm On May 12, 2012
bennyraz: Why would u even think he's jealous The point is, he nids a break. Thats all. He would definately come back after sorting himself. Give him space
Are you fccking kidding me? She should give him a break, he'll come back after sorting himself out and she'll be waiting for him? WTF is wrong with him now

mishmash[b:
]I said he maybe jealouse because when i had my graduation ceremony he never called to congratulate me or showed any intrest. I do not belive that is the actions of somebody who is not........ When i started my job he never asked about it or showed any interest, he only wants to talk about his STUDIES[/b]
@OP
Your boyfriend is obviously very immature and can't handle a grown-up relationship, you don't want to be with such a man longer than you've been.
If I were you, I'd gather all my strenght and call it quits with him. Yeah it's not easy and 5 years is a lot of time, but it's the best thing for you. There are good and deserving men out there, stop wasting your life on a wimp.
Re: Is There Any Point Of This Relationship? by Nobody: 5:40pm On May 12, 2012
La Parisienne:
Are you fccking kidding me? She should give him a break, he'll come back after sorting himself out and she'll be waiting for him? WTF is wrong with him now

Is Ego has been bruised. He would surely bounce back and what the poster should do now is to support. HOW MANY MEN ARE REALLY OUT THERE MEN DON'T COME CHEAP THIS DAYS AS MOST OF THEM HAVE PLANS FOR ONE GIRL SOMEWHERE. AS A WOMAN TODAY, IT IS OBVIOUS THAT YOU CAN ONLY GET 3 GOOD MEN OUT OF 10 STANDING MEN. THE REST ARE PLAYERS. And again, What happened to all those years when they were in school together It's obvious he misses that. And the bf is in a stage of thinking about what his GF is thinking about.
Re: Is There Any Point Of This Relationship? by cowgurl: 5:50pm On May 12, 2012
Op, from ur post, I deduced that ur guy is goin through a phase n 2 bad it's takin a heavy toll on ur relationship. Truth is, no student likes it wen they have 2 stay bak in skol 4 an extra yr, weda deliberate or not. My suggestion, u guys need to seat n talk things out wit u tellin him ow u feel abot his attitude n if u don't like his response, tell him u want to move on (u owe him dat).
Re: Is There Any Point Of This Relationship? by Missfoxy(f): 6:23pm On May 12, 2012
Im going through a similar situation. Ive have asked myaelf how did we get to this point but im starting to think it is an ego thing. Whoever said that I believe they are on point. So ive come to.a conclution that a man want to feel like a man. This guy I talked to even told me I dont know wha you are thinking half the time. I did not give it much thought at the time annd I.think he is hurt by my not calling or texting. So I gave him space and realizes I have to be women enough to approach the situation with caution. I do believe this is not the time to express jow u feel to hi. Youll only.be looking for a fight. If u believe hes a good.man hold onbecause men are hard to.come by. Hes looking for ways to push you away. Dont give into it. Hp
Re: Is There Any Point Of This Relationship? by cindyrella(f): 6:58pm On May 12, 2012
The guy is just self-centered... dump him and move on with your life.. He will sure come back begging and when that time comes fix him where he belongs undecided
Re: Is There Any Point Of This Relationship? by LaParisienne(f): 7:18pm On May 12, 2012
Missfoxy: Im going through a similar situation. Ive have asked myaelf how did we get to this point but im starting to think it is an ego thing. Whoever said that I believe they are on point. So ive come to.a conclution that a man want to feel like a man. This guy I talked to even told me I dont know wha you are thinking half the time. I did not give it much thought at the time annd I.think he is hurt by my not calling or texting. So I gave him space and realizes I have to be women enough to approach the situation with caution. I do believe this is not the time to express jow u feel to hi. Youll only.be looking for a fight. If u believe hes a good.man hold onbecause men are hard to.come by. Hes looking for ways to push you away. Dont give into it. Hp
bennyraz: Is Ego has been bruised. He would surely bounce back and what the poster should do now is to support. HOW MANY MEN ARE REALLY OUT THERE MEN DON'T COME CHEAP THIS DAYS AS MOST OF THEM HAVE PLANS FOR ONE GIRL SOMEWHERE. AS A WOMAN TODAY, IT IS OBVIOUS THAT YOU CAN ONLY GET 3 GOOD MEN OUT OF 10 STANDING MEN. THE REST ARE PLAYERS. And again, What happened to all those years when they were in school together It's obvious he misses that. And the bf is in a stage of thinking about what his GF is thinking about.

Dayum, where do people get this kind of mentality from? Must be a Nigerian thing angry

IMHO, good men aren't really hard to come by if a woman knows her onions, and also moves in the right circle. This is just a lie silly women tell themselves so they'll continue to stay with bad men. SMDH

@Missfoxy
You need help, your low self esteem is stinking.
Re: Is There Any Point Of This Relationship? by mishmash: 7:20pm On May 12, 2012
bennyraz: Is Ego has been bruised. He would surely bounce back and what the poster should do now is to support. HOW MANY MEN ARE REALLY OUT THERE MEN DON'T COME CHEAP THIS DAYS AS MOST OF THEM HAVE PLANS FOR ONE GIRL SOMEWHERE. AS A WOMAN TODAY, IT IS OBVIOUS THAT YOU CAN ONLY GET 3 GOOD MEN OUT OF 10 STANDING MEN. THE REST ARE PLAYERS. And again, What happened to all those years when they were in school together It's obvious he misses that. And the bf is in a stage of thinking about what his GF is thinking about.

Your comments are not helpful and i can tell you dont have any integrity or self respect from the use of your language. Learn some new vocabulary and then maybe the people of Niarland will take you serious
Re: Is There Any Point Of This Relationship? by gentlejohn(m): 8:23pm On May 12, 2012
@ OP Do u luv d guy in question?Talk 2 d guy one on one ,bare ur mind.Reach a reasonable conclusion, dr is an ego problem here don't wait till he officially quits,d sign r jus 2 obvious. Prepare ur mind 2 move on though,open anoda chapter of ur life.
Re: Is There Any Point Of This Relationship? by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 12, 2012
@ mish mash ,
if you love yourself leave him right now before its too late.
i went through a terrible experience myself.
And just began to pick the pieces of my life.
i was in a relationship for over 7years, those years were really stressful,cos u could imagine how people tried to talk sense to me to leave him, that he would hurt me.But i stayed.
i graduated a year before him.i waited for him.
he had an extension of two years, but i never left him,i stood by him, he had a lot of issues to sort out and i helped him with some known and unknown to his family members.
i was very faithful to him.
i helped him in all areas were he needed help.
All through his years of trouble, he would beg me to wait for him, that very soon, his trials will end and i will enjoy him.
All through my four years in school, i never had any relationship, never had sxe with anyone,not because i didnt have any other offers but because i believed in him.
I have not gotten a job yet but i hv sometin am doing, though not fetching me much.
he changed immediately he graduated and his problems became over.
He got a late last year , dis year he dumped me, NEAT.
Barely 6months from when he dumped me
he recently
went as far as posting his new girl's picture on FB (so i heard not on my FB list anymore).
Now am hiding my self to save face and because am embarrassed because i so much believed in him and defended him to the last& almost everyone we knew and we are related to knew we had a very very serious relationship.

I have forgotten about him really,though it was difficult,
But my advise to you is to
LEAVE THAT JERK NOW, YOU WOULD REGRET IT SOON!
Re: Is There Any Point Of This Relationship? by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 12, 2012
mishmash:

Your comments are not helpful and i can tell you dont have any integrity or self respect from the use of your language. Learn some new vocabulary and then maybe the people of Niarland will take you serious
do you really think i'm looking for encomiums from Nairalanders for my comments on peoples threads SMH To me your thinking is juvenile. And again, my comment isn't helpful because you're already blinded by gifts coming from deceivers. I'm sure you're one of those girls with pot-belles roaming from one fast food joint to the other, eating all what your eyes see at the expense of prepaid men. Mind you, it's a public forum & everybody is entitled to his/her opinion. And again do you think i will ask you to dump your bf? Your intentions are now glaring for the world to see and to really know the type of person you are. All you needed was a greenlight to dump your bf. Go ahead, dump him. You've made up your mind, why waste our time? And pls and pls don't come back here again in disguise to open another user account to tell us about your ordeals with men and how men are wicked.. Okay? Lastly, I sense you're very arrogant, Keep it up. NOTE- Truth hurts

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Point Of This Relationship? by slimyem: 9:13pm On May 12, 2012
Missfoxy: Im going through a similar situation. Ive have asked myaelf how did we get to this point but im starting to think it is an ego thing. Whoever said that I believe they are on point. So ive come to.a conclution that a man want to feel like a man. This guy I talked to even told me I dont know wha you are thinking half the time. I did not give it much thought at the time annd I.think he is hurt by my not calling or texting. So I gave him space and realizes I have to be women enough to approach the situation with caution. I do believe this is not the time to express jow u feel to hi. Youll only.be looking for a fight. If u believe hes a good.man hold onbecause men are hard to.come by. Hes looking for ways to push you away. Dont give into it. Hp
swallowing bullshit just 'cause you have to be with a d1ck?
Smh!
maam,sorry to say buh with this mentality of yours,you are on a loooooooooong thing!
Stop slumbering and wake up!
Re: Is There Any Point Of This Relationship? by mykejones(m): 9:32pm On May 12, 2012
"Go test the waters..."
Re: Is There Any Point Of This Relationship? by cowgurl: 10:15pm On May 12, 2012
mishmash:
STFU WOMAN!!! N 2 think u registered 2day SMSH. Why r people so pathetic 4 Christ sake? And 2 d next NLder who writes his/her suggestions on this thread, you are a CERTIFIED dumba$$ cos dis Op is a joker 4rm his comment above.
Re: Is There Any Point Of This Relationship? by koladata(m): 1:51am On Jan 26, 2023
you will not tell us what you did !! women !!.... you always paint breakups like the guy you were with is lunatic. I've been a man all my life, and no man will leave you just because you graduated ahead of him. Tell us what you did before he transitioned into ghosting you.

Believe all those craps she wrote up their at your own peril

(1) (Reply)

Romance / what kind of love is dis please read 4me!!! / 13 Common Ways Love Makes Us Act Foolish.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.